Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Carlaw and Leonard are basically going through the motions of what they mistakenly think is expected of them.    The pair of them are seriously toiling to find anything of any credibility to scrutinise the SG over.    They think they have to find something so both of them are reduced to regurgitating an issue which has been raised and addressed about a dozen times.

Sturgeon is heroically keeping her temper in check.    Someone else might blow a fuse and go to town on these two utter scumbags.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky certainly rocking a clown suit today and taking another beating over care homes in FMQT 

Not often I say this but I felt quite sorry for her, she took an absolute doing and the figures are horrendous BUT at least she has the good grace and decency to admit she made mistakes and would do things differently if had a chance again.  More than can be said for any of the UK ministers.  

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Why was it removed?  What could be wrong with saying you disagree?! 

Dunno, but it seems to have disappeared.

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not.

@fakenews

When was it removed?

Ainsley Harriott
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Carlaw and Leonard are basically going through the motions of what they mistakenly think is expected of them.    The pair of them are seriously toiling to find anything of any credibility to scrutinise the SG over.    They think they have to find something so both of them are reduced to regurgitating an issue which has been raised and addressed about a dozen times.

Sturgeon is heroically keeping her temper in check.    Someone else might blow a fuse and go to town on these two utter scumbags.

Aye what a hero she is...

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

When I was watching it they were grilling her over the care homes issue which is fair enough as the percentage of Scottish deaths in care homes horrendous and was directly attributable to Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making.  I think that is a more than credible topic.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I posted exactly the same thing word for word a few minutes ago and it was removed.

Let's see how long this one lasts, Brighton.

What you talking about. Your post is still there. And the post starting the pile of pish, no it's not, was just a load of waffle to have a go at the sg

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hi, Brian, Hiya Pal! :wavey:

Haha very good. Lockdown has seen my fingers get chubby. 

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What you talking about. Your post is still there. And the post starting the pile of pish, no it's not, was just a load of waffle to have a go at the sg

Why shouldn’t we have a go at the Scottish government:  nearly everything the UK government gets heavily criticised for has happened in Scotland as well.  Lockdown too late, testing not at capacity, care homes, lack of PPE, high death rates.  In terms of preventing deaths the Scottish government have failed as badly as the UK government.

Where the Scottish government has done better is have a more competent leader who can communicate more clearly and who shows empathy and contrition.  That is impressive and she serves respect but should not detract from some huge failings as per the UK government. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I posted exactly the same thing word for word a few minutes ago and it was removed.

Let's see how long this one lasts, Brighton.

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not.

I think you might have a slight issue with your eyesight, they say a drive to Barnard Castle is quite the tonic.

Just now, fancy a brew said:

I think you might have a slight issue with your eyesight, they say a drive to Barnard Castle is quite the tonic.

:yas: 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Is it? I couldn't find it.

And as for your second point, cool your jets, Princess.

It actually worries me how much some folk are willing to read percieved slight against the Scottish Government in absolutely anything.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It actually worries me how much some folk are willing to read percieved slight against the Scottish Government in absolutely anything.

Francis Albert

Irish Pm spotted picnicking in Phoenix Park on sunday with three mates in breach of advice in covid briefing by a member of his department last week. Austrian president caught in a bar two hours after closing time specified in their lockdown rules... lost track of time he says.

I doubt either has been virtually the only newsfor the last fewdays in their media.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I thought he said it was to test his eysight, not a tonic for his eyesight. :(

Maybe you need yours checked too.

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:yas: 

See above. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They made a ***** of care homes. End of. I don't think anyone thinks they did it on purpose. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe you need yours checked too.

See above. 

Maybe you need your's checked too.

See above. 

Are you having a  bit of double trouble, ATM bud. I hate when that happens.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They made a ***** of care homes. End of. I don't think anyone thinks they did it on purpose. 

Who said the Scottish Government did?

Who thinks the Westminster Governmend did it on purpose?

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

of course not. only boris and his puppet master are doing that

Who said the Scottish Government did?

Who thinks the Westminster Governmend did it on purpose?

No-one. That's why I said it. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Are you having a  bit of double trouble, ATM bud. I hate when that happens.

Sitting at the bottom of the garden in the sunshine and the wifi only just reaches here. Think it keeps re-sending as it flips back and forth between wifi and 4G.

If I wasn't SHAKING WITH RAGE so much I'd take a few steps closer to the manor house.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If you think that, you're a fecking idiot. 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Sitting at the bottom of the garden in the sunshine and the wifi only just reaches here. Think it keeps re-sending as it flips back and forth between wifi and 5G.

If I wasn't SHAKING WITH RAGE so much I'd take a few steps closer to the manor house.

Switch the WiFi off.  👍

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

If you think that, you're a fecking idiot. 

I'm a fecking idiot. :(

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm a fecking idiot. :(

We were talking about the SG at the time. I didn't mention WM. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Switch the WiFi off.  👍

That would be too sensible. What I really mean is I'm bored to tears with these circular arguments so I'm going to toddle off for a bit and lay the last of the decking around the conservatory.

All fiddley cuts. Pain in the arse. Been putting it off.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Irish Pm spotted picnicking in Phoenix Park on sunday with three mates in breach of advice in covid briefing by a member of his department last week. Austrian president caught in a bar two hours after closing time specified in their lockdown rules... lost track of time he says.

I doubt either has been virtually the only newsfor the last fewdays in their media.

That's up to their media and public to take them to task.

I'm just glad that ours is keeping the heat on for now.

Brighton Jambo

Come of people let’s try and be positive!  Scottish numbers looking really promising this week (with all due respect to those who died), sun is shining, lockdown due to be eased tomorrow.

there is tangible light at the end of the tunnel!! 

Just who do those senior Tory MP's think they are

Telling us it's time to move on..nothing to see here blah blah blah

Robert Jenrick and others seem to think we are all fools who should listen to them and ignore what we have read and listened to..even though the man they are protecting has lied to us all and his wife got caught up in a lie when she tried to wriggle out of the truth

A joke of a party since Covid started led by a joker who is only looking after himself and not the country

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That would be too sensible. What I really mean is I'm bored to tears with these circular arguments so I'm going to toddle off for a bit and lay the last of the decking around the conservatory.

All fiddley cuts. Pain in the arse. Been putting it off.

I know bud. It's supposed to be a Coronavirus information thread. Coronavirus isn't a competition.

Good Luck with decking!

51 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is a genuine question and not an attempt at any kind of point scoring etc.

why if Scotland has always been a couple of weeks behind England is the death rate pretty much comparable?  Surely if we were two weeks behind and went into lockdown at the same time our death rates and infection rates should be much lower like what happened in Ireland for example.

i don’t get it.  

This is something I don't get either. I think what you say makes sense. If Scotland locked-down earlier in the curve it should have performed better than England and shoud have less deaths. 

The same thing can be said for England outside London - if London was first and everywhere locked-down at the same time I don't understand how there's so many cases in England outside London now. 

Only reasons I can think of are worse performance in care homes, generally poorer starting levels of health/higher levels of obesity or people in those areas adhering to lockdown rules less. 

annushorribilis III

Rishi Sunak

@RishiSunak

The good news we've all been waiting for.

See if you can guess what it is.

Nando’s to reopen 54 restaurants 

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I meant to ask earlier but I forgot. Were you born in London, because living in London doesn't make you a Londoner. A foreigner who stole someone's job. 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's up to their media and public to take them to task.

I'm just glad that ours is keeping the heat on for now.

agreed. but 9 or10 pages or more every day  to the exclusion of most other news?

vegas-voss
34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So they are all ***** still doesn't mean it's right.

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

It seems that the sheep are shocked and stunned that the powers that be tell them what to do but don’t necessarily follow those rules themselves. 

It’s been happening for millennia guys and gals. It shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

Very true ! During the blitz in the Second World War when apparently we were all in it together most deaths occurred to working classes whilst the middle / upper classes retreated to their country houses . It’s never really changed 

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have the misfortune of watching GMB just now,

They have Rachael Johnson on talking about women leader. Horrendous stereotyping in the the piece,. She is unwittingly revealing a bit of crap about cabinet.

She talks about how women are excluded from decisions in govt just made by middle aged white men. Someone points out cabinet made up mixed gender etc. Her response was from her understanding in cabinet, it is only 4 people making decision (middle aged me ) and the rest of the cabinet are told what’s happening with no involvement. 

I assume she would have insight but not a good look if even remotely true.

She then talks about importance of clear communication and collaborative approach; as that’s how women work. She’s then asked how Boris is doing and says he’s doing exactly what should clear communication and collaborative approach and suggests its Cummings who is resulting in unfair judgements on Bojo.😂 

Was trying to figure out the four people making decision Bojo, Cummings would be nailed on. Then 2 of 3 from Sunak, Hancock or Gove? (I know Cummings ain’t technically in cabinet but seems clear he’s a major deccision maker)

GMB is ****ing awful  TV, for those who want to get in a rage with the binary approach to things.

She needs to stick to something near her intelligence like “ celebrity big brother “ where she made a tit of herself 

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Generally poorer starting levels of health/higher levels of obesity or people in those areas adhering to lockdown rules less. 

No one touches us Scots in the dying young/fat fecker stakes. We're table toppers on that score, right across the age groups.

It might be less adhesion to lockdown or density of population centres or something similar. 

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Why shouldn’t we have a go at the Scottish government:  nearly everything the UK government gets heavily criticised for has happened in Scotland as well.  Lockdown too late, testing not at capacity, care homes, lack of PPE, high death rates.  In terms of preventing deaths the Scottish government have failed as badly as the UK government.

Where the Scottish government has done better is have a more competent leader who can communicate more clearly and who shows empathy and contrition.  That is impressive and she serves respect but should not detract from some huge failings as per the UK government. 

Well said 

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

agreed. but 9 or10 pages or more every day  to the exclusion of most other news?

It's probably excessive, aye, but the public are loking for blood and the papers are playing to the gallery.

I haven't read a proper newspaper in years, so I've no idea whether 9 or 10 pages are dedicated to this story each day.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true ! During the blitz in the Second World War when apparently we were all in it together most deaths occurred to working classes whilst the middle / upper classes retreated to their country houses . It’s never really changed 

Alive durin the blitz were you? If you'd  had a country house you'd have been off to it too. Dinnae kid yourself.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd have thought the fact that Morecambe is a complete shitehole even compared to Preston would stop anyone from going there!!

Folk still buy newspapers? 

Mental. 

Malinga the Swinga
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You aren't comparing these two reports with Cummings are you? Did either of them trail Covid 19 through their countries, using a small child as a pawn in the game or go out on their wife's birthday for a sight seeing trip?

Have either of them appeared in a broadcast where they spewed out lie after lie in a self justifying and egotistical attempt to portray themselves as an innocent party picked on by the press?

Cummings would have been the first to orchestrate the very type of campaign we are seeing now if this had happened to any other person in the public eye. He deserves every piece of trouble he is in, and if he was any sort of man, he would resign.

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I meant to ask earlier but I forgot. Were you born in London, because living in London doesn't make you a Londoner. A foreigner who stole someone's job. 

Edinburger maintaining the tradition of spreading civilisation beyond the city boundaries.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

They are not Tories so its ok 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic