Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So Sturgeon mentions non contact sport and some folk think the the SPFL could be played.Do folk not watch football when they go to it , it's quite clearly a contact sport.

I couldn’t reality get my head around how the EPL clubs decided themselves that full contact training could start again, I didn’t realise it was up to them. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

East Lothian 

106,000 population

81 deaths (excess deaths, all cause)

55 in care homes - 26 outside

Very roughly = 0.024% chance of dying outside a care home

234 active infections

Very interesting when you look at the detail and scale of what is happening. 

Is there a link that has all that info as I would like to check out my own area and maybe reassure some worried parents.  

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Such petty jealousy for one so young.

Shame on you, aussieh mate. :(

🤣 They wife and auldist boy very the same treatment.  :thumb:

29 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes, one household at a time.  Feels like a big step forward today.  Especially with the sun shining.

The sad thing is I am almost more excited about the tip opening than anything!  

Ha, me too about the tip opening. 5 black bags and only once a day which doesn't help me clear the garage which is chock full of cardboard boxes from all the online ordering we've been doing.

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I couldn’t reality get my head around how the EPL clubs decided themselves that full contact training could start again, I didn’t realise it was up to them. 

I didn't realise they did I just assumed goverment said they could.

13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Don't get too excited, only for bags, garden waste and cardboard in South Lanarkshire

A wee trip to SL on Monday for me to dump my cardboard then. Not allowed in East Lothian yet.

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So Sturgeon mentions non contact sport and some folk think the the SPFL could be played.Do folk not watch football when they go to it , it's quite clearly a contact sport.

That's for now, football isn't starting up just now.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Just checking you know the background to that phrase.  Pretty offensive connotations.  

Be offended. 

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I didn't realise they did I just assumed goverment said they could.

i'm sure the govt said they could and then the clubs had a vote to allow it

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too but that’s before they go into the big bad world, do you any of them now and how they’ve adapted. 
It’s more a hatred of them, due to my own experiences,than snobbery in my opinion, but you’re probably right 👍🏽.

Since uni our lives have followed different trajectories for largely obvious and predictable reasons, but we do keep in touch in passing via social media.

You're entitled to your opinion though, especially if it's guided by experience, although I'd be careful not to let it colour your judgement too much. 👍

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

🤣 They wife and auldist boy very the same treatment.  :thumb:

I'd expect nothing less. :) 👍

vegas-voss

Now how the hell do you tell you're kid not to go near his grandparents who he aint seen other than facetime for 2 months.Mine will be trying to make a run for his Granda straight away.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

Be offended. 

I’m not offended as it wasn’t aimed at or apply to me.  I was just asking as I didn’t know what is meant and so googled it and saw what the origin of the term was.

not looking for a row.  

Brighton Jambo
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Now how the hell do you tell you're kid not to go near his grandparents who he aint seen other than facetime for 2 months.Mine will be trying to make a run for his Granda straight away.

Totally, we have agreed to continue not seeing them as mine would do just that.  

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's for now, football isn't starting up just now.

I know but already you have folk thinking football can start up here.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

get him one of these

BUBBLE1.jpg

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well if my experience is anything to go by they've got that way wrong. My alcohol consumption has gone up since lockdown.

Sadly I’m the opposite and lost weight.😣

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m not offended as it wasn’t aimed at or apply to me.  I was just asking as I didn’t know what is meant and so googled it and saw what the origin of the term was.

not looking for a row.  

Well I'm not offended about you not being offended, bud . 👍 

I meant to ask you to take something into consideration about care homes. The SG counts suspected covid19 as Covid19 deaths in all settings. rUK doesn't. (Not excusing the SG's care home record, btw) Just sometimes they don't do themselves any favours.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I know but already you have folk thinking football can start up here.

Then they are ladies front bottoms.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

Well I'm not offended about you not being offended, bud . 👍 

I meant to ask you to take something into consideration about care homes. The SG counts suspected covid19 as Covid19 deaths in all settings. rUK doesn't. (Not excusing the SG's care home record, btw) Just sometimes they don't do themselves any favours.

I had forgotten that so fair play it needs to be taken into consideration.   I think you made a very good analogy previously of a drug taker being hit by a bus but it counts as a drug death. In Scotland.  Credit where it’s due as it’s an admirable approach but I guess it’s almost too honest (if there’s such a thing) 

Pasquale for King

So Durham Police have said Cummings has broken the law going to Barnard Castle, not to mention the driving to check his eyesight, but won’t be fining him. They’ve fined 137 folk for doing the same.

EFF3A6DB-3996-448A-A68B-B11E8C33AFC8.jpeg

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Is there a link that has all that info as I would like to check out my own area and maybe reassure some worried parents.  

Yesterday's figures from travelling tabby who has been providing analysis on the Scot Gov numbers at 3pm daily

travellingtabby.com

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yesterday's figures from travelling tabby who has been providing analysis on the Scot Gov numbers at 3pm daily

travellingtabby.com

Thanks, appreciated 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So Durham Police have said Cummings has broken the law going to Barnard Castle, not to mention the driving to check his eyesight, but won’t be fining him. They’ve fined 137 folk for doing the same.

EFF3A6DB-3996-448A-A68B-B11E8C33AFC8.jpeg

That's not really what they said, is it?

I've just watched it in the news and they said "there might have been a minor breach of the regulations  that would have warranted police intervention  but view it as minor as there was no apparent breach of social distancing" .

This is in line with the Polices handling of the pandemic rules throughout and charging him would mean treating him differently. 

And there was "insufficient evidence to support allegations" on his trip to Barnard Castle o  th 19th, I've only quoted whats been on Sky news .

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well if my experience is anything to go by they've got that way wrong. My alcohol consumption has gone up since lockdown.

Mine too but NS will be like my wife,NOT HAPPY.😂

coconut doug
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You are joking. About 90% of this thread has been having a go at the WM Govt. about 2% has involved mild criticism of the Holyrood Govt. Much but not all of the former deserved and more deserved than criticism of the latter, which nevertheless has got off lightly for those mistakes it has made.

I'll rephrase that by saying "I'm not having a go at Wesminster". You seemed to think i was.

1 hour ago, obua said:

Yes but still keep 2 meters apart and don’t share anything.

Do wives count? Asking for a friend... 

35 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've just watched it in the news and they said "there might have been a minor breach of the regulations  that would have warranted police intervention  but view it as minor as there was no apparent breach of social distancing" .

This is in line with the Polices handling of the pandemic rules throughout and charging him would mean treating him differently. 

And there was "insufficient evidence to support allegations" on his trip to Barnard Castle o  th 19th, I've only quoted whats been on Sky news .

🤣 He confessed on live TV. Insufficient evidence, good yin, Mr policeman.

The downward trend in infections and deaths continuing today: https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

The only stat that appears to be stubbornly holding out, although still trending downwards, is the number of folk in hospital with suspected or confirmed coronavirus. Just goes to show that you're not in and recovered in a day. Hopefully the recovery rate of those folk in hospital with the virus will be good.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Then they are ladies front bottoms.

Doe's that mean they're good? because I ***king love vaginas...😛

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Scotland because it's always 20 years behind the times."

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Might’ve broke the law, depends on what the other 37 breaches were really. If they look through CCTV I’m sure they would find out if he did. He admitted to driving to check his eyesight, that’s a crime just as much as saying you were drunk or high. You or I would’ve had a warning at least for that. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/dominic-cummings-police-lockdown-durham-barnard-castle-boris-johnson-coronavirus-a9536731.html

Edited by Pasquale for King

coconut doug
16 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The first minister herself on national television said today she had made mistakes on the care homes and if she knew what she knew now she would do things differently and has agreed there needs to be an inquiry.

and yet you think I am making allegations?  I am quoting the first minister from watching first ministers questions.  They are her views not mine how hard can that be to understand.  

you singled out my post because you don’t like me.  You have been called out on it and challenged by an number of other posters and now you are making stuff up.

i notice you also have reverted back the line about sweeping derogatory statements about Scotland which once again I assume is aimed at me.  Something you will find no evidence for and which I have repeatedly denied. 

I like to think I try to be as balanced as I can be on this thread bearing in mind we all have political leanings that naturally influence us.

No way could you say the same.  

Here’s what you said about care homes. “When I was watching it they were grilling her over the care homes issue which is fair enough as the percentage of Scottish deaths in care homes horrendous and was directly attributable to Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making.  I think that is a more than credible topic.”  This is the statement I am challenging. You don’t know whether the percentage of deaths in Scottish care homes is any worse than anywhere else in the uk but you want to attribute blame to the Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making but you don’t tell us how. The charge is that because they are Scottish they are deficient in some way. Do we not have a 4 nation approach to this? Should it not be UK/4 nation approach and health service decision making that is to blame? What is it in your opinion about the specifically Scottish approach that was wrong? Are you able to tell us? If not then clearly your statement can be regarded as anti-Scottish. You are not telling us what the “bad decisions” are and you are not attributing any perceived deficiencies to their source which is the UK government. You seek only to denigrate the Scottish element.

There’s no mention of the responsibilities of Care home owners or staff, no appreciation of the difficulties faced by almost all care homes over PPE supplies or the lack of understanding around transmission in care homes at the time. No mention of the massively increased vulnerability of care home residents and no mention of the fact proportionately fewer people have died overall in Scotland.

You claim you are being fair and balanced. What a load of nonsense. You have conceded that the PR has been better in Scotland but even the Ubers admit that. You think by conceding this point it gives you a licence to spout other derogatory comments because they are balanced by one almost unanimously supported counter view. It isn’t, it’s just a wee dodge by you in an attempt to justify your prejudice.

I don’t know who you are or much about you. My comments are directed at the things you say or in this case don’t say. It’s not personal, how could it be?

The fact that you have backpedalled on all of this since reveals your original intention IMO

26 minutes ago, OBE said:

Doe's that mean they're good? because I ***king love vaginas...😛

No they're the bad kind of vaginas, the kind you would expect to find in a Miss West Lothian competition.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

No they're the bad kind of vaginas, the kind you would expect to find in a Miss West Lothian competition.

Personally I've only seen their coupons, you?

10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Here’s what you said about care homes. “When I was watching it they were grilling her over the care homes issue which is fair enough as the percentage of Scottish deaths in care homes horrendous and was directly attributable to Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making.  I think that is a more than credible topic.”  This is the statement I am challenging. You don’t know whether the percentage of deaths in Scottish care homes is any worse than anywhere else in the uk but you want to attribute blame to the Scottish government and Scottish Health service decision making but you don’t tell us how. The charge is that because they are Scottish they are deficient in some way. Do we not have a 4 nation approach to this? Should it not be UK/4 nation approach and health service decision making that is to blame? What is it in your opinion about the specifically Scottish approach that was wrong? Are you able to tell us? If not then clearly your statement can be regarded as anti-Scottish. You are not telling us what the “bad decisions” are and you are not attributing any perceived deficiencies to their source which is the UK government. You seek only to denigrate the Scottish element.

There’s no mention of the responsibilities of Care home owners or staff, no appreciation of the difficulties faced by almost all care homes over PPE supplies or the lack of understanding around transmission in care homes at the time. No mention of the massively increased vulnerability of care home residents and no mention of the fact proportionately fewer people have died overall in Scotland.

You claim you are being fair and balanced. What a load of nonsense. You have conceded that the PR has been better in Scotland but even the Ubers admit that. You think by conceding this point it gives you a licence to spout other derogatory comments because they are balanced by one almost unanimously supported counter view. It isn’t, it’s just a wee dodge by you in an attempt to justify your prejudice.

I don’t know who you are or much about you. My comments are directed at the things you say or in this case don’t say. It’s not personal, how could it be?

The fact that you have backpedalled on all of this since reveals your original intention IMO

Your sure he didn't just make that up? You know what your like for accusing people of making stuff up.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seen at least 3 of them. 🤮

You indulged in another two after seeing the first, brave man...:biggrin2:

21 minutes ago, OBE said:

You indulged in another two after seeing the first, brave man...:biggrin2:

If at first you find a bad one, try, try again.

Is that not what Robert the Bruce taught us.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

The study by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) provides some welcome relief to the UK government which has come under increasing criticism for its handling of the care home crisis.

he research, using ONS data as of May 9, shows there were almost 7,000 COVID-19 care home fatalities in England, amounting to 21% of 33,000 fatalities. Wales reported a higher rate of 25%, while care home COVID-19 death rates in Scotland amounted to 45% of 3,200 COVID-19 fatalities as of May 10.

lest just stick to facts shall we.  So not in fact anti Scottish at all, but based on data.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The research, using ONS data as of May 9, shows there were almost 7,000 COVID-19 care home fatalities in England, amounting to 21% of 33,000 fatalities. Wales reported a higher rate of 25%, while care home COVID-19 death rates in Scotland amounted to 45% of 3,200 COVID-19 fatalities as of May 10.

feel free to apologise, I won’t hold my breath.  

Point scoring over the number of deaths in care homes?

Not aimed solely at you btw.

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The study by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) provides some welcome relief to the UK government which has come under increasing criticism for its handling of the care home crisis.

he research, using ONS data as of May 9, shows there were almost 7,000 COVID-19 care home fatalities in England, amounting to 21% of 33,000 fatalities. Wales reported a higher rate of 25%, while care home COVID-19 death rates in Scotland amounted to 45% of 3,200 COVID-19 fatalities as of May 10.

lest just stick to facts shall we.  So not in fact anti Scottish at all, but based on data.  

ONS also said there's 65000ish deaths. Scotland has 3700ish. So tell me Brighton who has the other 60000ish?. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Point scoring over the number of deaths in care homes?

Not aimed solely at you btw.

I know and I don’t feel good about it but that poster continually says I’m just making stuff up and That I have no basis for my previous points.  I don’t mind people disagreeing with me But he just gets to shout all he wants and I felt I need to respond.  I won’t be continuing the conversation I just needed to put that accusation to bed particularly as he always brings it back to me being ‘anti-scottish’. 

apologies for crass approach. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

ONS also said there's 65000ish deaths. Scotland has 3700ish. So tell me Brighton who has the other 60000ish?. 

I didn’t write this report and acknowledge and this data is a few weeks old. Just fed up with certain posters accusing me of making things up when there is data out there that reinforces my point.  

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I know and I don’t feel good about it but that poster continually says I’m just making stuff up and That I have no basis for my previous points.  I don’t mind people disagreeing with me But he just gets to shout all he wants and I felt I need to respond.  I won’t be continuing the conversation I just needed to put that accusation to bed particularly as he always brings it back to me being ‘anti-scottish’. 

apologies for crass approach. 

It's okay to point score as long as it's not against the SG...

Just let it go. You were being completely fair in your initial post, don't drag yourself down to a back and forth at that level.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I didn’t write this report and acknowledge and this data is a few weeks old. Just fed up with certain posters accusing me of making things up when there is data out there that reinforces my point.  

You're right, there is data there. Real data, which indicates that there is over 20,000 care home deaths in England. If you cared to go looking. No-one has covered themselves in glory through this, but at least the SG aren't hiding. Boris had the gall to bring up care home as a political weapon yesterday. While lying through his teeth about D Cummings.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic