Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Shillyshally

Is it just me or does Prof Leitch barely disguise his contempt for stupid questions from journos?

The big lass on The Nine is particular.

14 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The big lass on The Nine is particular.

Would.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

See I'm not being and haven't from the start. Unlike some of your other ridiculousness this is harmless, so there's really no reason to be. And this is an especially weird remark for you to make in the context of you calling me triggered in the same post.

Perhaps quit being so precious and re-read this exchange for your own sake.

😄

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

Assuming you meant brain, although I'm not convinced,

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

A similar party have taken hold in Scotland. They organise organise marches, brian wash kids with free bus passes and have identified their section of society to blame all their problems on.

I was going to have a pop at you regarding how ridiculous it is to think that you could brainwash young people by paying their bus fare but having read through a few of your previous posts I accept that you are likely just putting yourself in these young people's shoes, so I won't bother. 

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Don’t be stupid

Be a smarty

Come and join the Natsy Party 

I’ve now applied coronavision to all your posts. 36A05C58-1DBA-4BD7-8A15-1E62625F7854.thumb.jpeg.fe9568d9bd42551f7cfd883f3be28d06.jpeg

Thanks Dom. 

Just now, gjcc said:

I’ve now applied coronavision to all your posts. 36A05C58-1DBA-4BD7-8A15-1E62625F7854.thumb.jpeg.fe9568d9bd42551f7cfd883f3be28d06.jpeg

Thanks Dom. 

😅

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Thanks Dom. 

:laugh:

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Assuming you meant brain, although I'm not convinced,

👍

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That edit went well.

Must act quicker.

3 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

That's me told. 😁

:clap: 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

:cornette:

I was going to mention that it’s not the SNP that organise organise marches, but he might call me BRIAN washed and I have no idea what that is but it sounds boring.

AlimOzturk
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Apparently the MP wasn't present but his wife had a party without him. 

Seems plausible...not. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems plausible...not. 

Was he hiding in a fridge? Or away on a drive 🤣.

Toxteth O'Grady
28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems plausible...not. 

He probably had to nip out to check his eyes or shag his mistress or something.

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The article I read explained this morning explaining that since Scotland has devolved parliament it has benefited from the ‘halo effect’. This is where they are perceived to be better than others who take the same actions. There was a lot of evidence to back this up and lots of reasons why it occurs.

It does not mean I’m slagging NS or even criticising the SG before certain people her knicker in a twist. Just pointing out that the benefit if often perceived to be greater for the SG by Scots. I think this is one of those times. The U.K. govt and SG have largely followed the same policy and most certainly have had the same failings. Clarity of message is important but fundamentally the same failings have occurred.

You ask England the same question, the same halo effect occurs, some call it English arrogance 😂. Granted the approval will never be as high on English level but same halo effect occurs.

I will not give involved in any Indy or even political debate, I have no interest in it. I’m merely commenting on psychological aspect.👍

I'd say that's a very one dimensional analysis, do you have the source?

There are a number of reasons for the difference in perception between Westminster and Holyrood, their respective records of blatant lies and corruption, how they reflect public mood, how they communicate, etc.

Biggest of all is the perception that the scottish government consistently tries to do what's best for the people of Scotland  - I don't need to finish that comparison. 

It isn't national bias that makes people view Holyrood more fondly, it's that those ****s in Westminster don't care about Scotland and it's obvious.

I don't agree with lots that the snp do but I'd take them in government here over anyone down there.

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems plausible...not. 

Apparently he's been down in London for the weekend.

And a bit more besides. 

Could be interesting tomorrow. 

Unknown user
45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Someone helpfully posted the link. 

I said there were other reasons. However, what you have just described about perception is actually the halo effect, it’s a perception thing. You even do it your post🤷🏻‍♂️ 

As I said in my original post there are other reasons mainly messaging from NS  but let’s not pretend UK and Scotland haven’t followed the same  policies and has the same failings  

However, halo effect does skew the effect. It is actually our own biases which increases this effect. It is not unique to Scottish people or nationalities Or political persuasion. We do it everyday ourselves on a personal level we judge ourselves by intentions and others by their actions. That bias give a very different perception 

Many Scots do judge the SG by perceived intentions and not actions. This thread and any political thread on  here demonstrate it very well. Whilst lots of evidence to back it up. 

Driving is a good example. Ask anyone if they are a bad driver, you rarely meet anyone who concedes they are a bad driver. Likewise you don’t meet anyone who doesn’t think the roads are full of arseholes🤔 

We all have bias which effect our judgements. Most these are unconscious. 

This isn’t a post in defence of the U.K. or slagging of SG or vice versus.I’m just pointing out the halo effect is something that SG benefits from. It’s a physiological observation not a political one 

I could make a very good argument that anyone who involves in ad hominem arguments is struggling with their own biases. That probably wipes about 90% of posters here myself included 😌

I actually think the SG is making a huge mistake not easing lockdown quicker. We are causing more damage with this lockdown than good and that has massive consequences. It’s not targeted at right area and majority are and will suffer unduly. 

That isn’t because I hate SNP or love UK or whatever, it’s just I think it a mistake. 

However, that is a different discussion. You will also note in my posting I have been fairly careful to try and differentiate SNP between the SG. Unlike many others I’m aware they aren’t one in the same 👍

My issue is the connotation of it being a bias as opposed to a hard earned level of trust.

When Holyrood (the snp form the Scottish government, I see no point in differentiating for this conversation) makes a decision, by and large I believe it's been done for the benefit of Scotland and her people because they've earned the benefit of the doubt. I don't agree with everything but their heart's undeniably in the right place. 

It's not some mental bias to trust those who do their best for you.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have the misfortune of watching GMB just now,

They have Rachael Johnson on talking about women leader. Horrendous stereotyping in the the piece,. She is unwittingly revealing a bit of crap about cabinet.

She talks about how women are excluded from decisions in govt just made by middle aged white men. Someone points out cabinet made up mixed gender etc. Her response was from her understanding in cabinet, it is only 4 people making decision (middle aged me ) and the rest of the cabinet are told what’s happening with no involvement. 

I assume she would have insight but not a good look if even remotely true.

She then talks about importance of clear communication and collaborative approach; as that’s how women work. She’s then asked how Boris is doing and says he’s doing exactly what should clear communication and collaborative approach and suggests its Cummings who is resulting in unfair judgements on Bojo.😂 

Was trying to figure out the four people making decision Bojo, Cummings would be nailed on. Then 2 of 3 from Sunak, Hancock or Gove? (I know Cummings ain’t technically in cabinet but seems clear he’s a major deccision maker)

GMB is ****ing awful  TV, for those who want to get in a rage with the binary approach to things.

5L yesterday was discussing whether Cummings is needed and its pretty much understood that Johnson is the chairman of the cabinet and that the cabinet is run by a CEO who is Cummings.

frankblack
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

5L yesterday was discussing whether Cummings is needed and its pretty much understood that Johnson is the chairman of the cabinet and that the cabinet is run by a CEO who is Cummings.

Is PMQs on today, as I expect Boris to get utterly rag dolled by Keir Starmer over the issues with Cummings?  Could be one to get the popcorn out for.

Matt Hancock at yesterday's briefing was an absolute embarassment, and offering to look into refunding fines for breaking the lockdown shows just how incompetent he was.  My gut feeling is the vicar who asked that question was not looking for that answer.

Unknown user
Just now, frankblack said:

Is PMQs on today, as I expect Boris to get utterly rag dolled by Keir Starmer over the issues with Cummings?  Could be one to get the popcorn out for.

Matt Hancock at yesterday's briefing was an absolute embarassment, and offering to look into refunding fines for breaking the lockdown shows just how incompetent he was.  My gut feeling is the vicar who asked that question was not looking for that answer.

They're in recess aren't they?

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems plausible...not. 

Afraid it's plausible. The guy's come out as one of LGBTQ+ and doesn't spend much time in the family home. The wife (still not ex- as far as I could see) had a wee shindig for her birthday when the MP (Robert Roberts - real name!) claims to have been "200 miles away" - which could be London but could also, give or take, be Durham. Police came round and asked two people to leave the house. A good spit roast going to waste.

I've seen no clarity on whether the Two Bob MP is permanently based in London or had just gone for a weekend jaunt to test his eyesight.

frankblack
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They're in recess aren't they?

I don't know - it would be a shame if Boris got out of jail with this one.

The useless,  slavering twat Tim Montgomerie stumbled upon a rare good point yesterday.    He pointed out that any government's important business (Covid at the moment obv) becomes badly compromised when the perception of the government tips over from scorn to ridicule.

Any government can still operate,   even when deeply unpopular,   but viewed seriously.    Once the scorn,  criticism,  unpopularity becomes ridicule and people routinely mock the actions of the government,   the government finds it difficult to convince people of virtually anything.    

This government has the full clown suit on.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The useless,  slavering twat Tim Montgomerie stumbled upon a rare good point yesterday.    He pointed out that any government's important business (Covid at the moment obv) becomes badly compromised when the perception of the government tips over from scorn to ridicule.

Any government can still operate,   even when deeply unpopular,   but viewed seriously.    Once the scorn,  criticism,  unpopularity becomes ridicule and people routinely mock the actions of the government,   the government finds it difficult to convince people of virtually anything.    

This is where I am with it. Its 20 degrees already down here, I'll be spending the afternoon in the local park pretending to work. 

Have a mates 40th bday drinks to look forwards to on Suinday as well. 

Lockdown is over as far as I am concerned. 

3 minutes ago, The Brow said:

This is where I am with it. Its 20 degrees already down here, I'll be spending the afternoon in the local park pretending to work. 

Have a mates 40th bday drinks to look forwards to on Suinday as well. 

Lockdown is over as far as I am concerned. 

I think the government is content that lockdown is essentially unlocking itself.    Fair enough.   Hope it goes well.    

The real trouble,   the really problematic stuff,   happens if a government perceived as a clown show has to appear really serious in order to urgently reinstate lockdown.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Someone helpfully posted the link. 

I said there were other reasons. However, what you have just described about perception is actually the halo effect, it’s a perception thing. You even do it your post🤷🏻‍♂️ 

As I said in my original post there are other reasons mainly messaging from NS  but let’s not pretend UK and Scotland haven’t followed the same  policies and has the same failings  

However, halo effect does skew the effect. It is actually our own biases which increases this effect. It is not unique to Scottish people or nationalities Or political persuasion. We do it everyday ourselves on a personal level we judge ourselves by intentions and others by their actions. That bias give a very different perception 

Many Scots do judge the SG by perceived intentions and not actions. This thread and any political thread on  here demonstrate it very well. Whilst lots of evidence to back it up. 

Driving is a good example. Ask anyone if they are a bad driver, you rarely meet anyone who concedes they are a bad driver. Likewise you don’t meet anyone who doesn’t think the roads are full of arseholes🤔 

We all have bias which effect our judgements. Most these are unconscious. 

This isn’t a post in defence of the U.K. or slagging of SG or vice versus.I’m just pointing out the halo effect is something that SG benefits from. It’s a physiological observation not a political one 

I could make a very good argument that anyone who involves in ad hominem arguments is struggling with their own biases. That probably wipes about 90% of posters here myself included 😌

I actually think the SG is making a huge mistake not easing lockdown quicker. We are causing more damage with this lockdown than good and that has massive consequences. It’s not targeted at right area and majority are and will suffer unduly. 

That isn’t because I hate SNP or love UK or whatever, it’s just I think it a mistake. 

However, that is a different discussion. You will also note in my posting I have been fairly careful to try and differentiate SNP between the SG. Unlike many others I’m aware they aren’t one in the same 👍

What a pile of pish. 

Now they're woofing about local lockdowns.

Barry.    Sunderland!!! Lockdown immediately.   Oh alright then... we all promise not to nip over to Newcastle for a bit of shopping.    Preston!!! Lockdown immediately.   Oh alright then... hoy Doris,   we better not go over to Morecambe now.  We're locked down.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Barry.    Sunderland!!! Lockdown immediately.   Oh alright then... we all promise not to nip over to Newcastle for a bit of shopping.    Preston!!! Lockdown immediately.   Oh alright then... hoy Doris,   we better not go over to Morecambe now.  We're locked down.

I'd have thought the fact that Morecambe is a complete shitehole even compared to Preston would stop anyone from going there!!

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd have thought the fact that Morecambe is a complete shitehole even compared to Preston would stop anyone from going there!!

Doris likes the slots.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

What a pile of pish. 

It's not.

The Internet

I'm obviously no fan of the govt but I'd have thought regionalised lockdowns where necessary is quite sensible? The issue of course is that they'll show once again that they have no idea of how to manage it or do it effectively. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm obviously no fan of the govt but I'd have thought regionalised lockdowns where necessary is quite sensible? The issue of course is that they'll show once again that they have no idea of how to manage it or do it effectively. 

Nope.

Having a good,  working,  well planned,  well resourced,  effective,  monitored test, track, trace & isolate system would make local lockdowns irrelevant and obsolete.

Suggesting local lockdowns is basically an admission that they wont be able to suppress a flare up via TTT&I.

Governor Tarkin

It absolutely does.

manaliveits105

Nicky certainly rocking a clown suit today and taking another beating over care homes in FMQT 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No it’s not.

I posted exactly the same thing word for word a few minutes ago and it was removed.

Let's see how long this one lasts, Brighton.

Brighton Jambo

This is a genuine question and not an attempt at any kind of point scoring etc.

why if Scotland has always been a couple of weeks behind England is the death rate pretty much comparable?  Surely if we were two weeks behind and went into lockdown at the same time our death rates and infection rates should be much lower like what happened in Ireland for example.

i don’t get it.  

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I posted exactly the same thing word for word a few minutes ago and it was removed.

Let's see how long this one lasts, Brighton.

Why was it removed?  What could be wrong with saying you disagree?! 

The Mighty Thor

Would it be Wise to go to Morecambe?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic