• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took my motorbike out of winter storage today, serviced it, cleaned it, then had a sneaky wee shot. Only went a couple of miles and felt a mixture of guilt and euphoria. I'm now a rebel. 👍

vegas-voss
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Took my motorbike out of winter storage today, serviced it, cleaned it, then had a sneaky wee shot. Only went a couple of miles and felt a mixture of guilt and euphoria. I'm now a rebel. 👍

Wouldn't feel guilt there is folk cycling 40m a day.

vegas-voss
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Portobello beach today. 
People not giving a toss now it seems. 

5389C6B8-98F2-4296-9672-969C59E139B5.jpeg

BC670A50-274C-4794-8FB6-4E77CD13837D.jpeg

Honestly if the figures start rising then folk only have themselves to blame.Was always going to happen though as you said in a previous post.

51 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Portobello beach today. 

Glad we’re getting back to some normality. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I would be delighted to see great progress anywhere.    But 0 in London from 2,400 in the UK is surely fanciful.   London is about 12% of the UK population.   

I also thought this was fanciful. But did a search and it is reported in the Evening Standard - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-cases-london-figures-decline-phe-a4446336.html

Although the article does say that 'Officials put the steep decline down to a technical hitch in the patient notification system over the weekend, with NHS England confirming it "did not operate for a period of time" on Saturday.'

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I can’t deny I am too mate. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

It won’t be completed until the pubs are open.
😏

In a way there's an unintended benefit from thousands of people starting to gather in close proximity and,   increasingly,   on a more regular basis.     If there's no discernible effect on the spread of the virus then we might be looking at a much brighter future.    Time will tell.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

In a way there's an unintended benefit from thousands of people starting to gather in close proximity and,   increasingly,   on a more regular basis.     If there's no discernible effect on the spread of the virus then we might be looking at a much brighter future.    Time will tell.

Good out of bad.

We’ll see.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Looks like Scotland could be in 'lockdown' q while yet if those pictures are anything to go by.

She won't keep us in lockdown because there were a few punters on the beach. 

You should have saw Southend, now that was packed. They're free to go there though I suppose

21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She won't keep us in lockdown because there were a few punters on the beach. 

You should have saw Southend, now that was packed. They're free to go there though I suppose

I think she will if the R number begins to rise again. It's the risk with maintaining a strict lockdown I guess, eventually people just decided they've had enough of it

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think she will if the R number begins to rise again. It's the risk with maintaining a strict lockdown I guess, eventually people just decided they've had enough of it

People have had enough.

What a shame for them.

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The scotland deaths is depressingly high today.  I know it peaks after the weekend but was only 29 yesterday so thought it would be that or lower today.  

I hope it doesn’t derail plans to ease lockdown though fingers crossed it’s just a small uptick for one day.  

is there any reporting anomalies I have missed that would explain it? I can’t keep up! 

Wednesday is almost always the highest day of the week regarding deaths, probably due to all the final weekend stats hitting.

1996020505_Screenshotat2020-05-2019-55-14.png.ad6361243388dc957d896768db074da8.png

If it's of any consolation, today's figure is less than a week ago, so we're still edging downwards.

AlimOzturk

So why weren't the police battering into the folk at Portobello beach dishing out fines? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

So why weren't the police battering into the folk at Portobello beach dishing out fines? 

To busy eating ice cream and enjoying the sun.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Portobello beach today. 

Haystacks sporting a new pair of trainers, they'll no see many circuits.

AlimOzturk

Pissses me off that I have stayed in all day in this beautiful weather whilst other folk don't give a ****. This lockdown is a joke and has been from the start. Intentions might have been there but when the authorities do **** all about people breaching the "rules" then why should mugs like me continue to?

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pissses me off that I have stayed in all day in this beautiful weather whilst other folk don't give a ****. This lockdown is a joke and has been from the start. Intentions might have been there but when the authorities do **** all about people breaching the "rules" then why should mugs like me continue to?

It's an absolute joke.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Portobello beach today. 

Boy front right, wisnae on ‘eatdown’ anyway.

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Complete opposite here, Alim.

Lockdown ended 9 days ago and the beaches are still out of bounds, streets are quiet and everyone is keeping well apart.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was wondering that myself. Could it be that they now can't enforce it because the UK government changed the rules last week. 

Only guessing though

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It's an absolute joke.

AlimOzturk

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/pictures-and-video-shows-police-patrolling-portobello-beach-crowds-gather-hottest-day-lockdown-began-2859754

I mean what is the point of the police even being there? They are standing there doing and saying **** all. Utter embarrassment. 

I am actually fuming that I have missed out because I genuinely want to do my bit ( even if I disagree with the approach) and there is folk just wandering about not giving a shit. Sure there must be many more. Feels like I am just wasting my time. Scottish parliament and auther seat is the same btw

And the police doing **** all. 

Plod was probably there in case the young team arrived for a mass peev up / spot the braincell competition.    

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/pictures-and-video-shows-police-patrolling-portobello-beach-crowds-gather-hottest-day-lockdown-began-2859754

I mean what is the point of the police even being there? They are standing there doing and saying **** all. Utter embarrassment. 

I am actually fuming that I have missed out because I genuinely want to do my bit ( even if I disagree with the approach) and there is folk just wandering about not giving a shit. Sure there must be many more. Feels like I am just wasting my time. Scottish parliament and auther seat is the same btw

And the police doing **** all. 

It's pretty much unenforceable when there's that many people.

They don't enforce it a Tynecastle when there are 3800 manks causing mayhem 

AlimOzturk
19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's pretty much unenforceable when there's that many people.

They don't enforce it a Tynecastle when there are 3800 manks causing mayhem 

Not if they made an example from the start that it wouldn't be tolerated. But they didn't. 

Lockdown has been a joke from the start. This country (I include the whole of the UK in this) have been incapable of making a clear, decisive decision from the start. It is one ****ing blunder after the next. Then as soon as Boris attempts to put out clear instructions the media and public jump on it and just confuse it beyond any rational belief. 

To make matters worse Nanny Nicola wants to make herself look high and mighty by extending the pretend lockdown longer further confusing the already ****ed up "plan" they apparently all have. If it wasn't for the fact that a blundering buffoon outshines her by ten in every foolish decision made them she wouldn't be coming out of this politically intact. 

If the public bought into the shite that is spewed from the mouths of our leaders then the beaches and parks wouldn't be full. They have failed simple as that. 

What a waste of 10 weeks. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Out for a stroll today, was busy and folk generally social distancing but it's clear the masses are losing interest in it all. The fear of someone being less than 2 metres away a month ago or so ago is gradually becoming unrecognisable now.

Testing couple of months ahead but maybe there'll be some positivity and infections will continue to slow showing immunity is prevailing.

Time for me has skewed completely. I can't believe we're almost in June... feels like a few days ago I was in the office. Just a big blur of time since.

The Mighty Thor

Be interesting to see what she announces tomorrow as its looking more like a lot of folk have just chucked it anyway. 

Get the golf courses open love. If folk want to sit in their hundreds on porty beach, let them horse on. I'll be safe on the links at Sunny Dunny👍

Nucky Thompson

Golf courses should have opened at the same time as England. No risk playing in pairs in a wide open space

Pretty sure it's only a framework tomorrow and that actual changes were ruled out until May 28th.     

Its ending organically in a way.

Dont know if its luck but you could argue the timing of the lockdown wasnt far off.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Folk can laugh. There won't be any 2nd bailout for them, if and when it goes tits up again.

I'll be on the lookout for some nice repossession houses. Might build a portfolio.🤔

Sounds a plan.

👍

The Internet

I mean I don't care because I hate the sun and people and wouldn't be caught dead at Portobello beach, but those pictures must be sare for folk that want to go out but choose not to because there's a ****ing global pandemic going on. Suppose in a way it's good they're serving a purpose as human experiments. 

Nicholas Brody
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

To make matters worse Nanny Nicola wants to make herself look high and mighty by extending the pretend lockdown longer further confusing the already ****ed up "plan" they apparently all have. If it wasn't for the fact that a blundering buffoon outshines her by ten in every foolish decision made them she wouldn't be coming out of this politically intact. 

England is the only country in the UK to have lifted the lockdown measures.

Nanny has kept the same approach as two out of other three countries. 

I would say it's more Boris trying to appear high and mighty and confusing the "plan" they all had.

Nicholas Brody
9 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I mean I don't care because I hate the sun and people and wouldn't be caught dead at Portobello beach, but those pictures must be sare for folk that want to go out but choose not to because there's a ****ing global pandemic going on. Suppose in a way it's good they're serving a purpose as human experiments. 

This. Haven't seen friends or family in weeks and seeing those pics today certainly peeved me off. Would have loved to have been somewhere (Not Portobello beach) with a cold beer today. Sadly I'm still working and well, there's a virus kicking about I would rather not get.

Not if they made an example from the start that it wouldn't be tolerated. But they didn't. 

Lockdown has been a joke from the start. This country (I include the whole of the UK in this) have been incapable of making a clear, decisive decision from the start. It is one ****ing blunder after the next. Then as soon as Boris attempts to put out clear instructions the media and public jump on it and just confuse it beyond any rational belief. 

If the public bought into the shite that is spewed from the mouths of our leaders then the beaches and parks wouldn't be full. They have failed simple as that. 

Did you actually post 'as soon as Boris attempts to put out clear instructions'  ?

I just wanted to check before I burst out laughing

Boris and the Conservatives putting out clear instructions !!!!….lies, misinformation, delaying tactics, partly responsible for the deaths of thousands and no idea of how to 'relax' the rules.....I would suggest he has done anything but, unless of course you are of the Tory persuasion who a bit like Trump followers who would not recognise truth if it hit them square in the face

Ps THANKS FOR THE LAUGH, IT WAS NEEDED IN THESE SAD TIMES

Edited by CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

To be fair though,   that's not the issue.    If there is a harmful effect arising out of this kind of thing then it's entirely 'innocent' people who are completely unrelated to the people at Portobello Beach who are liable to suffer the consequences.    You,   me,   anyone else on this thread,   your relatives,   any number of unknown people.

People are the chains of infection that social distancing is employed to break.    Mr Complete Stranger coming into contact with Miss Total Random at Porty Beach = an absolutely unpredictable potential new chain.   

The ones not practicing social distancing can,   in theory,   cause some wee boy or some wee lass to lose a parent.

vegas-voss

**** all confusing about it at all.I think you are mistaking confused for folk being wankers from the start.

Spellczech
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

To be fair though,   that's not the issue.    If there is a harmful effect arising out of this kind of thing then it's entirely 'innocent' people who are completely unrelated to the people at Portobello Beach who are liable to suffer the consequences.    You,   me,   anyone else on this thread,   your relatives,   any number of unknown people.

People are the chains of infection that social distancing is employed to break.    Mr Complete Stranger coming into contact with Miss Total Random at Porty Beach = an absolutely unpredictable potential new chain.   

The ones not practicing social distancing can,   in theory,   cause some wee boy or some wee lass to lose a parent.

It's mind-boggling. I get that people are fed up of lockdown and want to get out into the sun but the sheer lack of imagination of these people in heading for Portobello or other beaches, and then once they get there and realise that it is busy and not thinking, "I should go elsewhere instead" is both predicatable and depressing...People really are stupid.

vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Noticed it a lot busier on the roads the past 2 days. 

Sunny same the last period of sunshine

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not a big fan of them but there was a few photos on social media of them going about moving folk, no idea about fines though. 

Can you not go down to portobello beach for a walk with your household?  As long as everyone is keeping within their group then I don’t see a problem with it. (I wasn’t at portobello beach today btw :lol:

The virus is here now so it’s all about protecting the vulnerable and trying to get on as best as possible.  

Nicholas Brody
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not a big fan of them but there was a few photos on social media of them going about moving folk, no idea about fines though. 

No fines were handed out.

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's mind-boggling. I get that people are fed up of lockdown and want to get out into the sun but the sheer lack of imagination of these people in heading for Portobello or other beaches, and then once they get there and realise that it is busy and not thinking, "I should go elsewhere instead" is both predicatable and depressing...People really are stupid.

The main issue for me is the perverse,   counter-productive consequence of people chucking in the towel of social distancing.    The potential consequence,   and it's very real,   is that progress wasted today = social distancing remaining for longer than it might otherwise have to.

People jumping the gun now can all add up and multiply out to another 3 months before they get to go to the pub,   as an example.

Why not just stick with it for another sensible period?    We can all reap the benefits later this year.    Not next year. 

ArcticJambo
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

There's a boy that quite often stands in the shallows and plays his guitar.  He was there today.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

No fines were handed out.

Didn’t know that, can I ask how you know this?

Edited by Pasquale for King

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic