Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly 3 years ago today, China notified the WHO about a new type of pneumonia that was affecting people in Wuhan, it took a further year before the Chinese authorities allowed inspectors from the WHO access to Wuhan so that they could gather evidence, fast forward to today and China is still not sharing current information with not only the WHO but the wider world.

I find it quite suspicious that just at the very time that China is being hit with millions of covid infections, they are suddenly allowing for the first time in nearly 2 or 3 years their citizens to travel abroad freely. 

You think it’s just nothing  then ?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You think it’s just nothing  then ?

Don't think that's what he's saying.  Read his post properly.

8 hours ago, Taffin said:

Nor do I, Boris in all honesty, but it just doesn't feel like it stacks up for me logically (as a total layman, I appreciate).

I get it from a realpolitik perspective, it's a wonderful opportunity for Westminster to be seen to be taking proactive action (but it's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, 2020 was the bolting) whilst also taking the opportunity to throw mud at a world power in international relations.

Would I be anymore fearful encountering someone fresh off a flight from China than a local in my post office? No, and given the UKs propensity for racial idiocy I think it's a dangerous narrative to push and the negatives outweigh the positives for me, and that's not to mention the impact on relations with China.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/31/sunaks-u-turn-on-china-covid-tests-is-a-political-move-say-scientists

Interesting!

Happy New Year when it comes Chief!

13 hours ago, Boris said:

It's one of those situations in which the government are going to get slated no matter what they do.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

We are back to mandatory masks in public places

I flew to Brazil 3 weeks ago and it was no restrictions on the flight to Charles de Gaul, but back to masks in the boarding queue, on the plane, etc, for the onward flight to Rio.

Crazy and totally pointless.

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He’s right though 

Aye cracking new advice. Stay away from work if you feel unwell :cornette:

50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeh, they'll come up with a name for it next.......something like 'sick leave' or 'being on the sick'.

6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

With WFH viable for many, this should be the norm anyway. Before covid, some workplaces would tacitly expect people in unless they were falling over, but that's counter-productive if it lays off 20% of the workforce with flu. 

At least with a health moothpiece saying it, even if its common sense, it lifts a bit of pressure from the Alan Sugar school of thought that they will see you at your desk at 8am unless yer deid. 

indianajones

Its easy to say stay off if you are unwell but a lot of people do not get sick pay. 

Its a fine line. Many folk rip the pish out of sick notes etc. Ruins it for those that need it when required. 

43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Watch oot for the Kraken variant :rofl:

FFS they are choking to mug us off again 

I have faith that Perseus & Pegasus will fly to the rescue, and save the day.

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Sturgeon saying we shouldn’t leave the house if we have a cold 🤦🏻

I didn't need Sturgeon to tell me, I couldn't get off the couch for days.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I didn't need Sturgeon to tell me, I couldn't get off the couch for days.

Never post on this thread due to usual merry go round of arguments but just thought id post a brief message. 

Sturgeon can go swivel with any advice. 

Blaming patients for the overcrowding in hospitals ..Usual no responsibility  from her or her Govt. 

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never post on this thread due to usual merry go round of arguments but just thought id post a brief message. 

Blaming patients for the overcrowding in hospitals ..Usual no responsibility  from her or her Govt. 

Edited by escobri
Shite phone

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, escobri said:

Nippy is not worth listening too, sooner she fecks off the better.

aye shes like an aging singer constantly playing her greatest hits...from a long time ago.  her only " hit being " covid" so natually its her comfort blanket when the shit hits the fan. Never fails. 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

A&E seeing folk turning up who should be seeing their GP instead. Shame seeing a GP is so difficult now.

Need more GPs and bigger practices to match the rising population, but we're getting the opposite. I don't know how much of that is purely down to the SNP and how much is the Tories at the top hellbent on privatising the NHS in England and there being a knock on effect into the Scottish NHS that cannot be countered without independence.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, kila said:

A&E seeing folk turning up who should be seeing their GP instead. Shame seeing a GP is so difficult now.

yes this seems to be the big issue.  I can understand the frustration of people not being able to see their GP and just going to A and E if they are that worried.

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-patient-ear-wax-midlands-b2255782.html

Went to A&E during a declared critical incident because they had ear wax.

:facepalm:

I would wager that there's loads of idiots like that.

You hear of the stupid things that people call 999 for

The Ten Most Ridiculous Time-Wasting 999 Calls - Heart

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Masonic said:

anyone who got the vaccines or boosters regret it?

https://rumble.com/embed/pj.v1to6s2/

this documentary diedsuddenly made me glad i never bothered getting any 

Aye it's pure ruined my life! We're all knocking about with Nazi identification numbers tattooed on our foreheads, and my chip doesn't sit right, I keep catching it on doorframes.

Load of rubbish, this saving countless lives malarkey!

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye it's pure ruined my life! We're all knocking about with Nazi identification numbers tattooed on our foreheads, and my chip doesn't sit right, I keep catching it on doorframes.

Load of rubbish, this saving countless lives malarkey!

dont know about that its about blood clots and still births and myocarditis and sudden deaths

its got around 20 medical professionals in it including embalmers doctors morgue workers etc

7 minutes ago, Masonic said:

dont know about that its about blood clots and still births and myocarditis and sudden deaths

its got around 20 medical professionals in it including embalmers doctors morgue workers etc

You asked if I regret getting a potentially life saving vaccine. I haven't personally had a still birth or suffered sudden death, so I'd probably have to say no.