Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

58 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hancock ya little *****. He ignored advice to test patients going from hospital to care homes.Whitty wanted everyone tested. 

So much for throwing a protective ring around care homes.

Only part of this that is news is it looks like he’s been caught out lying. The appalling way the whole of the UK treated Care homes has been covered. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hancock ya little *****. He ignored advice to test patients going from hospital to care homes.Whitty wanted everyone tested. 

By the time these messages were doing the rounds and this was going to implemented they had already released Covid patients into care homes, unsure what this testing would have achieved.

However - we were told they were doing as the scientists advised, which is clearly not the case if this is true. If they could just speed up the enquiries into this up here and down south it would be useful.

35 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Only part of this that is news is it looks like he’s been caught out lying. The appalling way the whole of the UK treated Care homes has been covered. 

It was indeed.

28 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

By the time these messages were doing the rounds and this was going to implemented they had already released Covid patients into care homes, unsure what this testing would have achieved.

However - we were told they were doing as the scientists advised, which is clearly not the case if this is true. If they could just speed up the enquiries into this up here and down south it would be useful.

Iraq took 10 years.

joondalupjambo

There will be no inquiry until the bulk of Tory MP's involved at the time are potted heid or in Care Homes themselves.  Whitty and a couple of his ilk who were front and centre will have had to have signed the Official Secrets Act so they cannot tell the truth.  Others in the know will be or have already been awarded titles to keep them inside.  Everyone knows how this works.

But but but... it's all out of context to suit someone's narrative.  But but... the only proper time and place to determine the truth is the independent public inquiry to report.

Would you like me to autograph your copy of my book while we're waiting?

joondalupjambo

The opposition are not listing to my answers.  There was so much going on, so many conflicting priorities and so much information to process that decisions changed from hour by hour let alone day by day.  Oh and we did not have the testing capacity so there was testing done on MP's and their families ahead of others.  Just I did hear that?

Are there still excess deaths and inflated hospitalisation levels due to COVID, and how do they compare to say 24 months ago?

I thought the vaccine was meant to require regular boosters to remain effective? Has it just died away of it's own accord or?

I'm sure I could look these things up but hoping someone on here has kept on tol of it an already knows the answers.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Are there still excess deaths and inflated hospitalisation levels due to COVID, and how do they compare to say 24 months ago?

I thought the vaccine was meant to require regular boosters to remain effective? Has it just died away of it's own accord or?

I'm sure I could look these things up but hoping someone on here has kept on tol of it an already knows the answers.

I stopped recording data on Covid several months ago, when both the Scottish and UK governments stopped publishing figures.

A check on the latest ONS stats for England & Wales confirms that deaths from all causes have dropped to just below the 5 year average in the last couple of weeks. Note that the 5 year average excludes 2020 which saw the covid impact on an unvaccinated population, but does include 2021 which saw some of the highest death rates in the early months, so the figure used is probably a bit higher than the long term average. The death rates in the early weeks of 2023 remain significantly higher than in 2022.

1563175069_Covid23(1).jpg.8adcd0eb3a8445ccfeec6c3ce1074c1e.jpg

Covid deaths are still an issue, although falling from a peak around the start of the year.

See the data below for England & Wales on deaths where Covid was recorded as either a primary or secondary cause.

613159011_Covid23.thumb.jpg.1d51b0327c0aca8a3f1dc5de5848027d.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Putting Hancock to the side. Surely this headcase is finally finished. When I see her on QT I switch it off or fast-forward past her.

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I stopped recording data on Covid several months ago, when both the Scottish and UK governments stopped publishing figures.

A check on the latest ONS stats for England & Wales confirms that deaths from all causes have dropped to just below the 5 year average in the last couple of weeks. Note that the 5 year average excludes 2020 which saw the covid impact on an unvaccinated population, but does include 2021 which saw some of the highest death rates in the early months, so the figure used is probably a bit higher than the long term average. The death rates in the early weeks of 2023 remain significantly higher than in 2022.

Covid deaths are still an issue, although falling from a peak around the start of the year.

See the data below for England & Wales on deaths where Covid was recorded as either a primary or secondary cause.

How many of these covid deaths were by getting hit by a bus? 🤣

Jambo 4 Ever
32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Watch Talk TV tonight at 8pm

piers Morgan is interviewing her tonight about it 

52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Wow, thank you FF, that's far more detail than I expected.

I had a quick look at the ONS surveys and it had infections at <2% of the population now which is staggering to think where it was 

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

In one week very early on in the pandemic, as a crew I took at least 27 elderly patients into 8 different care homes in our area. The care homes had very little ppe and even though patients were symptomatic and we were treated as having covid the care homes were told they were fine. We suggested strict isolation to every care home manager against guidance from hospital management.

Honestly it was bloody tragic.

People should do jail time.

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

In one week very early on in the pandemic, as a crew I took at least 27 elderly patients into 8 different care homes in our area. The care homes had very little ppe and even though patients were symptomatic and we were treated as having covid the care homes were told they were fine. We suggested strict isolation to every care home manager against guidance from hospital management.

Hancock blamed people like yersel for this. A fecking horrible *****.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hancock blamed people like yersel for this. A fecking horrible *****.

On several occasions I sailed close to the wind regarding information passing to care homes against instruction. Senior managers are *****.

C4 News have got a piece about how the earliest days uncertaintly included consideration about the epidemiological possibility of culling all cats in the UK.

Edited by Victorian

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

they didn’t need Whitty to tell them - just about anyone over the age of 10 who has had a cold understands (very broadly) how infectious diseases of just about any type works

anyone over the age of about 13 understands that old people can often be very vulnerable

at best there was great risk of the carnage happening at worst it was a certainty

not saying there was an easy solution to finding hospital space but appears the most vulnerable in society were put at great risk

and then those who didn’t lap up the often politically-driven nonsense rules afterwards were called “selfish” and “granny killers” :lion:

as well as putting good people like @Jambof3tornadoin an impossible position as described in their posts above

hopefully it will be possible that if found guilty / suitably incompetent then criminal charges can be brought

i say this as someone who was lucky enough not to lose anyone close to covid and although I disagreed with a lot of the policies they didn’t adversely affect me

some poor people must have been going crazy at the time knowing their loved ones were being put at extreme risk only to be told to sit down and shut up

“follow the science”

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

they didn’t need Whitty to tell them - just about anyone over the age of 10 who has had a cold understands how infectious diseases of just about any type works

anyone over the age of about 13 understands that old people can often be very vulnerable

at best there was great risk of the carnage happening at worst it was a certainty

not saying there was an easy solution to finding hospital space but appears the most vulnerable in society were put at great risk

and then those who didn’t lap up the often politically-driven nonsense rules afterwards were called “selfish” and “granny killers” :lion:

as well as putting good people like @Jambof3tornadoin an impossible position as described in their posts above

hopefully it will be possible that if found guilty / suitably incompetent then criminal charges can be brought

i say this as someone who was lucky enough not to lose anyone close to covid and although I disagreed with a lot of the policies they didn’t adversely affect me

some poor people must have been going crazy at the time knowing their loved ones were being put at extreme risk only to be told to sit down and shut up

“follow the science”

I was driving a taxi all over the place. And it was heartbreaking for some of the nurses and relatives fighting a fire with a water pistol. 

I was, at first, on the governments side, but after hearing what was going on at number 10, Cummings and Hancock, along with some incidents up here, I was think , these ***** don't give 2 effs about anyone. They're making money out of this. 

My trust has gone.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

C4 News have got a piece about how the earliest days uncertaintly included consideration about the epidemiological possibility of culling all cats in the UK.

Should still be an option imo, horrible things.

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Boosters have been given every 6 months to the highest risk groups, and every 12 months for everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Boosters have been given every 6 months to the highest risk groups, and every 12 months for everyone else.

I'm guessing I'll be invited for mine soon, feels like more than a year ago since the last booster! But it's actually only been 11.5 months.

Edited by Taffin

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

My memory is bad but I was sure at one point when old folk were being taken back to Care Homes the UK and Scottish Government advice was that they should be isolated.  I am no Government supporter in this but sure that was the case.  Then due to all sorts of pressures in the Care Homes some were doing this and others were not.  It is just the time line I cannot remember.

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My memory is bad but I was sure at one point when old folk were being taken back to Care Homes the UK and Scottish Government advice was that they should be isolated.  I am no Government supporter in this but sure that was the case.  Then due to all sorts of pressures in the Care Homes some were doing this and others were not.  It is just the time line I cannot remember.

In the first few weeks where all the government wanted was space in hospitals elderly patients most definitely were discharged to care homes while clearly positive for a respiratory infection, the likelyhood was they were covid positive but without testing I cannot say 100% they had covid.

il Duce McTarkin
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm guessing I'll be invited for mine soon, feels like more than a year ago since the last booster! But it's actually only been 11.5 months.

15 months since I had my last one and not heard a peep since. I assumed we'd only be invited for another if we were in a specific at-risk group. Had Covid 3 times since last shot and all tickety-boo. 

1 minute ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

15 months since I had my last one and not heard a peep since. I assumed we'd only be invited for another if we were in a specific at-risk group. Had Covid 3 times since last shot and all tickety-boo. 

Yeh, there seemed to feel a real push for boosters due to diminishing protection over time etc. Hopefully get invited soon 👍

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Apart from willingly buying budgie seeds from Tesco. 

I think it's impacted you more than you realise. 

Goodnight sweet Prince 😪

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

In the first few weeks where all the government wanted was space in hospitals elderly patients most definitely were discharged to care homes while clearly positive for a respiratory infection, the likelyhood was they were covid positive but without testing I cannot say 100% they had covid.

They were arriving from hospital into the care home my wee sister worked in, and folk were dropping like flies shortly thereafter. 

A cursory audit of the care home would have revealed an almost total absence of appropriate PPE for either staff or residents. It was grossly unfair on those oldies already infected, those that subsequently went on to become infected, and the underpaid and undertrained staff that went on to deal with tragic death after tragic death on a scale that has left many of them scarred for life. 

Heads should roll. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Apart from willingly buying budgie seeds from Tesco. 

I think it's impacted you more than you realise. 

Goodnight sweet Prince 😪

:(

I appreciate that the finer tastes might not be bitter enough for your liking, Thor, but you really should give it a go. 

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

They were arriving from hospital into the care home my wee sister worked in, and folk were dropping like flies shortly thereafter. 

A cursory audit of the care home would have revealed an almost total absence of appropriate PPE for either staff or residents. It was grossly unfair on those oldies already infected, those that subsequently went on to become infected, and the underpaid and undertrained staff that went on to deal with tragic death after tragic death on a scale that has left many of them scarred for life. 

Heads should roll. 

We actually handed some ppe to care home staff(mostly plastic face shields)as it was clear they were not in any position to deal with what was unfolding.

Patients in wards were being told about DNACPRs being placed on them due to lack of ventilators, certain pre-existing conditions basically meant you wouldnt go to icu if you got worse!

There were also patients arriving at hospital being placed into rooms to die,simply due to a lack of treatment options available at the time,and hospital capacity. The pop up hospitals in theory were for those not getting icu treatment to go to where they were unlikely to ever survive.

Government was warned they were ill prepared for a pandemic.

Lost a good friend early on to covid,fortunately no family members suffered.

I do feel somewhat guilty that moving people into care homes resulted in many lives being lost. I dont think it was ever going to stay out of care homes but putting infected patients in there certainly quickly escalated thing....Boris and his herd immunity!

Day@theraces

Both sides of the border have blood on there hands over the care home scandal. The government in Westminster and Holyrood should be ashamed of themselves. A virus serious enough to shut the healthy in there homes but obviously not deadly enough to send untested and positive patients back into care homes. Scandalous 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

If you have an underlying health problem, you can get a booster now.

You can also get a booster if you are over 50.

https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/our-areas-of-work/conditions-and-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine-information-and-resources/eligible-groups/

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We actually handed some ppe to care home staff(mostly plastic face shields)as it was clear they were not in any position to deal with what was unfolding.

Patients in wards were being told about DNACPRs being placed on them due to lack of ventilators, certain pre-existing conditions basically meant you wouldnt go to icu if you got worse!

There were also patients arriving at hospital being placed into rooms to die,simply due to a lack of treatment options available at the time,and hospital capacity. The pop up hospitals in theory were for those not getting icu treatment to go to where they were unlikely to ever survive.

Government was warned they were ill prepared for a pandemic.

Lost a good friend early on to covid,fortunately no family members suffered.

I do feel somewhat guilty that moving people into care homes resulted in many lives being lost. I dont think it was ever going to stay out of care homes but putting infected patients in there certainly quickly escalated thing....Boris and his herd immunity!

you were in an impossible position mate

make a 100% stand and you would have been out on your ear and an already stretched team would have been 1 down - sounds like you did what you could treading a fine line between doing what you could beyond the party-line while staying within the boundaries to keep your job and be a help

herd immunity was never meant to be achieved by exposing the most vulnerable people to covid quite the opposite - the multi millions of people at much lesser risk were the ones who were supposed to build up the herd immunity while the vulnerable were protected - not a particularly easy thing to do and would never be a 100% solution (what is?) but a major part of the theory was to protect the vulnerable - Sweden made an ar$e of the care homes too as far as I remember but I think they might have at least acknowledged it unlike the snakes here (no offence to snakes)

they effectively ordered crate after crate of foxes to be put into the chicken coops and then either acted surprised at the outcome or tried to convince people that the fox into chicken coop solution was not the worst all while preaching to everyone how important it was to protect granny

il Duce McTarkin
9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You don't need to feel guilty about anything, mate. 

10 hours ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, there seemed to feel a real push for boosters due to diminishing protection over time etc. Hopefully get invited soon 👍

Got my last one 3 months ago. Depending on circumstances I’m not sure if you’ll get a specific invite, it’s more an open invite for you to make an appointment if you are eligible. 

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If you have an underlying health problem, you can get a booster now.

You can also get a booster if you are over 50.

https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/our-areas-of-work/conditions-and-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine-information-and-resources/eligible-groups/

51 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Got my last one 3 months ago. Depending on circumstances I’m not sure if you’ll get a specific invite, it’s more an open invite for you to make an appointment if you are eligible. 

Not over 50, or aware of any underlying health conditions. I'm still of the view that I don't, and never really did need a vaccination for it but had accepted the argument that it reduced my likelihood of spreading it to others so was going to keep getting them.

Thanks for all the additional info, I stopped being lazy and checked my COVID pass and it appears to be all up to date which is great 👍

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I stopped being lazy and checked my COVID pass and it appears to be all up to date which is great 👍

I'm up to date with all my jabs,  but I deleted the Covid app from my phone a while ago.

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

they didn’t need Whitty to tell them - just about anyone over the age of 10 who has had a cold understands (very broadly) how infectious diseases of just about any type works

“follow the science”

Well said 

( just my half yearly posting on this thread to prove I’m no barred 😂😂

as you were 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Boom.

5th time for me.

:seething:

😂 I've tested positive 5 times, I've had a few things like a cold that could easily have been COVID, had a bad cough, sore throat and head all last week, I haven't tested in about a year now.

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Don't forget people, hands, face, space. 

Bonus point for anyone that can remember the SNP slogan at the time because we has to be different without googling it.