Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

My work sent out an email yesterday confirming that we specifically should no longer test ourselves and that if we get it we should treat it as any other illness and stay off work if we are too ill. 

in this case if you get covid but feel ok you go to work ?

you pass it on to someone one who passes it on to someone vulnerable who dies? is that the pragmatic approach these days ?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I hope James has a good supply of bleach and hamd wipes ..

Oh I’ve always got a good supply of hand wipes 👍 in fact sometimes don’t even need them ! 

IMG_5575.gif

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

in this case if you get covid but feel ok you go to work ?

you pass it on to someone one who passes it on to someone vulnerable who dies? is that the pragmatic approach these days ?

In a nut shell. I know of someone outside of work who is unable to take a jag so they've never had a single dose yet and were in the shielding category. Money talks.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

In a nut shell. I know of someone outside of work who is unable to take a jag so they've never had a single dose yet and were in the shielding category. Money talks.

☹️👍

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Good timing for this thread to reappear, it's back 🤣

We need the Chief Mammy to make a triumphant return and come back and save us all with her daily newscasts 

3 hours ago, escobri said:

Back to folk killing people by stealth,  surprised anyone is left after the kids went on a killing spree. 🤔 

Christ on a Bike - Funny Religious Lord Jesus Church Group Gift| Perfect  Gift" Greeting Card for Sale by tashiwaka | Redbubble

Still waiting on my 5G, Bill Gates sponsored, super wireless internet in my magnetic arm. 😡

• 3 weeks later...
MoncurMacdonaldMercer

excess deaths - anyone got a spreadsheet we can use to track them 

not on page 1 of the mainstream media but not totally ignored / refuted either - obviously there’s a chance it’s just another big conspiracy theory but on the small chance it’s not …

apparently occurring in all age groups even those normally more healthy younger types who wouldn’t be impacted by nhs delays (as healthy so don’t need the nhs hence nhs delays largely irrelevant)

for those age groups starting to develop potentially serious conditions whose outcome could be adversely impacted by nhs delays is it time to start protecting the nhs again ?

hopefully not with full lockdowns but a suspension of unnecessary travel and riskier activities and the like - I remember the Covid idiots being rightfully put in their place when they were saying I’m just driving to mountain X to do some hiking and won’t be mixing with anyone so won’t give anyone Covid but the more clever and less selfish people pointing out that an accident on the way to the mountain or on the mountain would require nhs resources 😡

is it time we all found our great empathy again and started making small sacrifices to help the nhs?

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

excess deaths - anyone got a spreadsheet we can use to track them 

not on page 1 of the mainstream media but not totally ignored / refuted either - obviously there’s a chance it’s just another big conspiracy theory but on the small chance it’s not …

apparently occurring in all age groups even those normally more healthy younger types who wouldn’t be impacted by nhs delays (as healthy so don’t need the nhs hence nhs delays largely irrelevant)

for those age groups starting to develop potentially serious conditions whose outcome could be adversely impacted by nhs delays is it time to start protecting the nhs again ?

hopefully not with full lockdowns but a suspension of unnecessary travel and riskier activities and the like - I remember the Covid idiots being rightfully put in their place when they were saying I’m just driving to mountain X to do some hiking and won’t be mixing with anyone so won’t give anyone Covid but the more clever and less selfish people pointing out that an accident on the way to the mountain or on the mountain would require nhs resources 😡

is it time we all found our great empathy again and started making small sacrifices to help the nhs?

Absolutely not. If you feel you are vulnerable, then by all means stay at home. The rest of us can then get on with living.

If you’re protecting NHS make sure it’s no No NHS livi. My uncle works in laundry tested positive and got told to get to work. He did tell his co workers when he got there who complained but nothing was done about it. This was about 3 weeks ago 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

If you’re protecting NHS make sure it’s no No NHS livi. My uncle works in laundry tested positive and got told to get to work. He did tell his co workers when he got there who complained but nothing was done about it. This was about 3 weeks ago 

I’ve heard similar at other jobs - test positive and have symptoms stay off work - test positive but no symptoms get to work

its a radical change from a couple of years ago

with winter approaching and nhs overwhelmed with as yet not fully investigated excess deaths I can see the return of some measures - there’s already chat of the return of mask mandates in certain situations eg hospitals (which makes your uncles situation even more ridiculous)

as far as I recall saying masks didn’t work or had a negligible affect was a big conspiracy theory from the tin-foil hatters (and thin-foil hatter scientists) but as time went on it was more accepted by the mainstream as an intervention with negligible benefits however there’s maybe been some further new light confirming that it was a big conspiracy theory as first thought ☑️ 

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely not. If you feel you are vulnerable, then by all means stay at home. The rest of us can then get on with living.

IMG_4959.png

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

maybe lockdown the anti-vaxxers?

it was a big conspiracy theory that vaccinations had negligible affects in stopping transmission - the mainstream obviously used that as a motivation for vaccinations (protect your granny etc) but as time went on it was accepted that it didn’t stop transmission other than a very small affect on the first variant 

even if anti-vaxxers don’t spread it anymore than the good guys they will still definitely be more likely to get ill and put more pressure on the nhs so there’s still a good justification for locking them down ?

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I don’t think we’ll be able to just ignore this triple jay unfortunately 

It never was compulsory to wear a mask . If we let them do all this shit again we are well and truly +**** 

7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it was a big conspiracy theory that vaccinations had negligible affects in stopping transmission - the mainstream obviously used that as a motivation for vaccinations (protect your granny etc) but as time went on it was accepted that it didn’t stop transmission other than a very small affect on the first variant 

even if anti-vaxxers don’t spread it anymore than the good guys they will still definitely be more likely to get ill and put more pressure on the nhs so there’s still a good justification for locking them down ?

You’re clearly at the wind up ! 

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Your at it

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
48 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Your at it

sadly not - it was a viable policy not long ago and potentially big issues ahead with the nhs and widespread illness - many of of which haven’t been fully diagnosed / analysed yet

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

14 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

haven’t been fully diagnosed / analysed yet

Probably caused by lockdowns ! 

Lord Montpelier
16 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sadly not - it was a viable policy not long ago and potentially big issues ahead with the nhs and widespread illness - many of of which haven’t been fully diagnosed / analysed yet

Get out of here... your fishing for a reaction. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It never was compulsory to wear a mask . If we let them do all this shit again we are well and truly +**** 

that’s a potential issue in that remember there was a big conspiracy theory about the authorities scare-mongering - I mean you had to well down the rabbit hole to have believed that one - just the indoctrinated dafties really 

however purely by chance those WhatsApps came about ‘scaring the pants of the public’ and ‘is it time to release the new variant to the public’ and stuff like that while they were partying and huddling-up like they didn’t have a care in the world

the concern now is that if we need to band together for the greater good again that some of the formerly very astute people become influenced by the feckless tin-foil hatters and what has gone on before and are not as stoic with their civil duty ☹️ 

we all lose 🙁

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I’ve heard similar at other jobs - test positive and have symptoms stay off work - test positive but no symptoms get to work

its a radical change from a couple of years ago

with winter approaching and nhs overwhelmed with as yet not fully investigated excess deaths I can see the return of some measures - there’s already chat of the return of mask mandates in certain situations eg hospitals (which makes your uncles situation even more ridiculous)

as far as I recall saying masks didn’t work or had a negligible affect was a big conspiracy theory from the tin-foil hatters (and thin-foil hatter scientists) but as time went on it was more accepted by the mainstream as an intervention with negligible benefits however there’s maybe been some further new light confirming that it was a big conspiracy theory as first thought ☑️ 

Mask-wearing was an excellent measure. It was very helpful as a means of identifying the weak-willed feardy cats. Extra points went to those who sought to ‘personalise’ their mask-wearing experience with novelty or bespoke designs. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Mask-wearing was an excellent measure. It was very helpful as a means of identifying the weak-willed feardy cats. Extra points went to those who sought to ‘personalise’ their mask-wearing experience with novelty or bespoke designs. 

I’m surprised you saw many masks up those hills and mountains for literally the whole of the Covid years 😡

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Saw two today in town , young student types wearing masks . Both had green hair with blue streaks in it . 

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

that’s a potential issue in that remember there was a big conspiracy theory about the authorities scare-mongering - I mean you had to well down the rabbit hole to have believed that one - just the indoctrinated dafties really 

however purely by chance those WhatsApps came about ‘scaring the pants of the public’ and ‘is it time to release the new variant to the public’ and stuff like that while they were partying and huddling-up like they didn’t have a care in the world

the concern now is that if we need to band together for the greater good again that some of the formerly very astute people become influenced by the feckless tin-foil hatters and what has gone on before and are not as stoic with their civil duty ☹️ 

we all lose 🙁

Lose what ? 

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I’m surprised you saw many masks up those hills and mountains for literally the whole of the Covid years 😡

😃

Genuinely did see some boy near Altnafeadh on the WHW in 2021 with a wee blue face mask on. 

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

😃

Genuinely did see some boy near Altnafeadh on the WHW in 2021 with a wee blue face mask on. 

It’s the ones in their cars who were wearing them ? Jesus 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Saw two today in town , young student types wearing masks . Both had green hair with blue streaks in it .

BLM badges on their sweatshop-made Nike backpacks and rainbow laces on their Urban Outfitters-purchased shoes, too?

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

BLM badges on their sweatshop-made Nike backpacks and rainbow laces on their Urban Outfitters-purchased shoes, too?

Well I didn’t really want to say , but your spot on 😎

My son's Rugby game has been cancelled tomorrow as the team from Gosforth have had a load of lads test positive, first time that's happened for a while.

Malinga the Swinga

The authorities would never be able to sell another lockdown because 

1) Ordinary people saw what happened last time, how those in power carried on as normal and unless army patrolled streets, it would be ignored

2) World can't afford it. Only the lazy feckless amongst society enjoyed doing **** all and not working. It can't happen again.

3) Pharma companies already made billions last time and suspicions that it was all a hoax would massively increase if same stunt pulled again

4) Public goodwill for those at risk is exhausted. If people want to/believe they need to live like hermits, they are welcome to do so. Young folk deserve to live their lives in freedom, not be scared shitless into being scared to speak or interact with their friends.

5) conspiracy theorists such as Brand would receive huge boosts to popularity as the stuff they spout would look true, even if they're making it up.

6) industry making massive effort to get staff back to office. This would be disastrous setback to that plan

I followed rules last time but wouldn't do so again. All governments became power mad, particularly our one, yet countries where rules not introduced haven't suffered worse than us.

30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There's probably some folk that still disinfect/bleach their shopping.

The lies have ruined some people. 

Got a guy at work that wears gloves everywhere and pretty much washes with bleach every time he enters and leaves a vehicle. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Got a guy at work that wears gloves everywhere and pretty much washes with bleach every time he enters and leaves a vehicle. 

😭

21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Naw i only fell for the bollocks for a few months then i awoke. 

Most people will be wide to it all if there is any attempt at a repeat...suppose the only positive thing is we wont see Sturgeons pus every day , if things go pear shaped

only bleach in my hoose will be used down the pan. 

28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The authorities would never be able to sell another lockdown because 

1) Ordinary people saw what happened last time, how those in power carried on as normal and unless army patrolled streets, it would be ignored

2) World can't afford it. Only the lazy feckless amongst society enjoyed doing **** all and not working. It can't happen again.

3) Pharma companies already made billions last time and suspicions that it was all a hoax would massively increase if same stunt pulled again

4) Public goodwill for those at risk is exhausted. If people want to/believe they need to live like hermits, they are welcome to do so. Young folk deserve to live their lives in freedom, not be scared shitless into being scared to speak or interact with their friends.

5) conspiracy theorists such as Brand would receive huge boosts to popularity as the stuff they spout would look true, even if they're making it up.

6) industry making massive effort to get staff back to office. This would be disastrous setback to that plan

I followed rules last time but wouldn't do so again. All governments became power mad, particularly our one, yet countries where rules not introduced haven't suffered worse than us.

Hear hear. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Naw i only fell for the bollocks for a few months then i awoke. 

Most people will be wide to it all if there is any attempt at a repeat...suppose the only positive thing is we wont see Sturgeons pus every day , if things go pear shaped

only bleach in my hoose will be used down the pan. 

Think you are right James. Most my mates that were encouraging vaccination etc are now well aware of the bullshit that they were fed. 

Sturgeon (and the rest of the political cronies both sides of the border) that politicised the disease without actually stopping to think about it deserve jailed imo. It's beyond incompetence. 

Too busy telling us what to do and less focused on actually stopping how the state funded virus was released into the world population in the first place. 

Sweep sweep sweep. 

Lord Montpelier

Could you imagine Humza asking a country to lockdown ? The kid has zero credibility would be a massive one fingered salute back in his direction. 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, indianajones said:

Think you are right James. Most my mates that were encouraging vaccination etc are now well aware of the bullshit that they were fed. 

Sturgeon (and the rest of the political cronies both sides of the border) that politicised the disease without actually stopping to think about it deserve jailed imo. It's beyond incompetence. 

Too busy telling us what to do and less focused on actually stopping how the state funded virus was released into the world population in the first place. 

Sweep sweep sweep. 

Spot on. 

Remain happy with my choice that whilst I popped a vaccination, kept my young kids well away from it. Something very suspicious about how they pushed vaccinations into children with little scientific evidence then overnight the messaging stopped. 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Spot on. 

Remain happy with my choice that whilst I popped a vaccination, kept my young kids well away from it. Something very suspicious about how they pushed vaccinations into children with little scientific evidence then overnight the messaging stopped. 

I have zero issues with people deciding to take the vaccine. It was the individuals choice and if they thought it was benefitial then fair play. Who am I to say otherwise.

Its a shame that when the roles were  reversed the same attitude wasn't applied by many. You had governments blaming these people for killing others with zero evidence to support it ffs. 

Suspicious is one word for it. Criminality is another! 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I have zero issues with people deciding to take the vaccine. It was the individuals choice and if they thought it was benefitial then fair play. Who am I to say otherwise.

Its a shame that when the roles were  reversed the same attitude wasn't applied by many. You had governments blaming these people for killing others with zero evidence to support it ffs. 

Suspicious is one word for it. Criminality is another! 

Yep. Scottish perspective I want to see Sturgeon and Freeman in the criminal court. 

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Sweep sweep sweep. 

Sturgeon used it as a political football. Disgusting really. Shes a nobody now. Couldnt happen to a nicer person really.  Karma.