• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not just vaccines, but every single medicine, be that the common aspirin, cough mixture, penicillin etc etc etc etc, somebody somewhere has shown a severe reaction to every kind of medicine, even proving fatal in some cases. 

Strange how the anti-vaxxer nutcases don't highlight every medicine ever discovered, they only highlight the covid vaccine, I'll bet they themselves have taken loads of medicines which hundreds/thousands/millions of people have had a reaction to, sometimes a severe reaction, sometimes even dying from, but that doesn't stop them taking a cold medicine or antibiotics, they're nothing but hypocrites.

Saying to one of my kids the other day- you buy paracetamol and there is a leaflet telling you the hundred things it could do to you.

You but vodka and it tells you the strength and don’t drink if your pregnant

doctor jambo
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not just vaccines, but every single medicine, be that the common aspirin, cough mixture, penicillin etc etc etc etc, somebody somewhere has shown a severe reaction to every kind of medicine, even proving fatal in some cases. 

Strange how the anti-vaxxer nutcases don't highlight every medicine ever discovered, they only highlight the covid vaccine, I'll bet they themselves have taken loads of medicines which hundreds/thousands/millions of people have had a reaction to, sometimes a severe reaction, sometimes even dying from, but that doesn't stop them taking a cold medicine or antibiotics, they're nothing but hypocrites.

Saying to one of my kids the other day- you buy paracetamol and there is a leaflet telling you the hundred things it could do to you.

You but vodka and it tells you the strength and don’t drink if your pregnant

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My son had a severe reaction to the tetanus vaccine, so much so that he can never have another tetanus shot, yet the vaccine is still widely used and hasn't been pulled from use.

And aye anti-vaxxers and all their ignorant pish.

Again, nobody (well not me) is denying adverse effects from medical treatments.  The adverse effects from tetanus jags and others are well known and not censored,  Healthy people were coerced into getting an experimental jag and are crying out for help, I shared a story of one person and his experience and the usual pish follows.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Again, nobody (well not me) is denying adverse effects from medical treatments.  The adverse effects from tetanus jags and others are well known and not censored,  Healthy people were coerced into getting an experimental jag and are crying out for help, I shared a story of one person and his experience and the usual pish follows.

:conspiracy:

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Intranasal-vaccination-could-put-an-end-to-the-Covid-pandemic

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, new vaccines to prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19m are under constant development. Up to now, all approved Covid vaccines have been subcutaneous, that is, administered by injection into the upper area of the arm but now two companies are planning to change that through the development of COVID-19 vaccines inhaled through the nose.

CanSino Biologics, a Chinese pharmaceutical company, recently received approval from the National Medical Products Administration of China for Convidecia Air, their vaccine delivered via inhalation, as a nasal spray.

Bharat Biotech International, a company based in India, has also been granted approval, under Restricted Use in Emergency Situations in India, for its iNCOVACC vaccine administered intranasally as nasal drops.

What are nasal vaccines?
The most common way of administering a vaccine continues to be through an injection. However, this is not the first time scientists have developed an intranasal vaccine as the most widely known nasal vaccines right now are for the flu.

There have also been studies conducted on nasal vaccines for other diseases, including whooping cough, hepatitis B, and the African swine fever virus.

Some researchers believe that delivering a vaccine nasally provides the benefit of administering it directly into the mucosa of the body, which is the moist inner layer of body cavities, such as the nose and mouth, as well as some organs. 

The mucosa is an important part of the body’s immune system. When a person breathes, the mucosa helps keep bacteria and other potentially problematic particles from getting into their body.

The mucosa also absorbs certain pathogens, and because the nose connects to the body’s respiratory system, this makes it easy for a nasal vaccine to move through the body.

Additionally, nasal vaccines provide less stress for people who are afraid of needles. Experts estimate that 25% of adults and 66% of children are afraid of having injections, and that 1 out of every 10 people may have put off having the Covid-19 vaccination due to their fear of needles.

COVID-19 nasal vaccines:
Both Convidecia Air from CanSino Biologics, and iNCOVACC from Bharat Biotech International Limited are recombinant vaccines, which means they use a protein from the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the vaccine. 

When the vaccine enters the body, the protein attaches to cells in the body, teaching them to trigger an immune response if they ever encounter that same protein again.

Both of these intranasal vaccines also use adenovirus vector technology. Adenoviral vectors are genetically engineered viruses previously used in gene therapy.

According to statements on CanSino Biologics website, Convidecia Air uses the same adenovirus vector technological platform as Convidecia, the company’s injectable Covid-19 vaccine.

Convidecia recently received emergency use listing from the World Health Organization (WHO), after results from the phase 3 clinical trial showed a 57.5% efficacy rate against SARS-CoV-2 infection preventing symptomatic Covid, 28 days or more after vaccination.

Bharat Biotech’s iNCOVACC nasal vaccine was developed in partnership with Washington University St. Louis. The intranasal vaccine reportedly showed “successful results” following phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials.

The future of nasal COVID-19 vaccines:
Although these are the first two intranasal COVID-19 vaccines to receive approvals, there are others currently in development. For example, a team of microbiologists at Mount Sinai is currently developing one that is in, or has completed, phase 1 and 2 trials in Thailand, Brazil, Mexico, and Vietnam, with a phase 1 trial recently launched at Mount Sinai in the U.S.

In March, the University of Oxford reported the launch of phase 1 clinical trials investigating the delivery of a nasal COVID-19 vaccine it developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, and in May, Codagenix, a vaccine development company based in the U.S., announced the start of phase 1 clinical trials for its CoviLiv intranasal COVID-19 vaccine candidate.

51 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Am I only person, who thinks when they see mask wearers they have covid?

The folks that I see on a regular basis must have a permanant covid infection as I rarely if ever see them without a mask on.

I see the media are ramping up the fear factor again.

Covid cases are on the rise.......should we be worried?  That's today's mantra.

Around about October time 2062, I expect the media will be asking.....Covid cases are on the rise, should we be worried.

Don't they realise that Covid cases will most likely always start to rise at this time of the year.......for ever more, cause Covid's not going away, it'll be here long after everyone alive today is a long time dead.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Your social circle still wear masks? 

I don’t know anyone who wears, one, as a matter of course. The only time anyone I know wears is if they think they have it but are out and about. (More common than thought would be tbh) 

I kind of, wrongly it appears, assumed this was standard practice now. I actively avoid mask wearers for this reason, unless I have no option. 

Different folks different strokes it appears. 

I wouldn't go that far, remember I live in a small town, therefore you see the same people on a very regular basis.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I wouldn't go that far, remember I live in a small town, therefore you see the same people on a very regular basis.

when you light the wicker man?

59 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

when you light the wicker man?

Closer to the truth than you realise, because the 3rd Saturday in July is when we burn the De'il, to cleanse the town of evil for another year.

image.jpeg.fee2a7138b401b2a6111eda9b5f545bf.jpeg

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Your social circle still wear masks? 

I don’t know anyone who wears, one, as a matter of course. The only time anyone I know wears is if they think they have it but are out and about. (More common than thought would be tbh) 

I kind of, wrongly it appears, assumed this was standard practice now. I actively avoid mask wearers for this reason, unless I have no option. 

Different folks different strokes it appears. 

I don't personally know any mask wearers either.

I actually feel sorry for anyone still walking about the streets with one on

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

My SIL has been in Spain for a fortnight. Picked COVID up day 3 of holiday, flew back as planned. Now contacted her work to say she needs to isolate. 😂 Apparently, claiming got in on flight home. 

My SIL really is an arsehole, unfortunately, not even a loveable one. 😞

Probably better placed in seethe thread tbh. 

Aye, there's loads of folk still at it.

My Laddie's work still expected him in when he was symptom free, and they frown upon people still testing

The twice I've got it was when I've just returned from abroad

Unknown user
On 19/08/2022 at 22:14, escobri said:

If directed at me I posted without comment for a reason, just posting articles like others, no need to be a dick.

That reason being that you want to further your position with innuendo, enabling you to disown it if challenged.

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That reason being that you want to further your position with innuendo, enabling you to disown it if challenged.

image.jpeg.c9bc8e8e17e0e0f0e2cca1bcc4c22e5c.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:oohmatron:

• 3 weeks later...

Letter from NHS regarding flu/covid jags, this time, no appointment , go on-line to book.

Put in user name, password, locations of choice, Livingstone, Gorebridge, Niddrie  , i live

in Drumbrae, :facepalm:. pity your local GP could not manage it.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Letter from NHS regarding flu/covid jags, this time, no appointment , go on-line to book.

Put in user name, password, locations of choice, Livingstone, Gorebridge, Niddrie  , i live

Gyle Centre and Sighthill Health Centre are on the list.  Or were.  I'm in for the latter,  albeit a fookin' Sunday morning.

William H. Bonney
40 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Check daily. More locations are added. 

52 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

If you click on the map and zoom in to your area, the list of available places changes. Will hopefully bring up one near

Edited by HKP
clarification

Dennis Reynolds

I caught it, potentially in or returning from Florence and it absolutely floored me. Managed to not pass it onto my wife thankfully or she would have also probably floored me.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are there many folks on here had Covid more than once?

Tested positive four times and I think I had it at the very start but didn't test, my wife's had it three times and my son twice.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Tested positive four times and I think I had it at the very start but didn't test, my wife's had it three times and my son twice.

Were they all the same symptoms each time?

I've tested positive twice, but that's me done with testing from now on

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye but milder each time for me, the first time I was buckled for about three or four days, raging temperature, sore head but no cough. The next was like a light flu, the third time was milder and more like a cold, the second time left me with a continuous cough, the third time cured my cough! The next twice I never even knew I had it but it was when you needed to provide a clear test to go to a game or gig. I've felt a bit rough a couple of times since bet never tested. I've had three jabs as has my wife.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A few months ago I thought I had it as I felt shit.

Tested myself and it was negative.

To sum up it would appear I’ve never had it.

I have a helluva head cold at the moment.

I doubt I will bother testing again.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Never tested positive yet. Thought I’ve had it before but each test said otherwise.

I know a few people who have never tested positive but are convinced that they had it.

Me and my son have had it, but my wife and daughter had symptoms at the same time, but the tests kept coming back negative

Jambof3tornado
On 07/10/2022 at 17:31, Lord BJ said:

I've mine on for 12 hours a shift!!!

Jambof3tornado
46 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Shows that mask wearing works, I'm in daily contact with active covid patients and have only had it once(first game back at easter road after lockdown!!!).

On 07/10/2022 at 17:31, Lord BJ said:

No, I also think it, why else would you wear a mask?

Or shoplifter.

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are there many folks on here had Covid more than once?

I’ve managed to as far as I know avoid it entirely. 

Utterly outclassing it with my footwork and head movement. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you walk around licking door handles etc??? 

4 fekkin times. No long covid symptoms I take it?? Lucky as a lot of patients getting it more than once seem at greater risk of longer term issues.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know a few people who have never tested positive but are convinced that they had it.

Me and my son have had it, but my wife and daughter had symptoms at the same time, but the tests kept coming back negative

Me the bairns have had it twice and the Mrs avoided it both times. 

It seems that even covid is feart of radge gingers. 

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

4 fekkin times. No long covid symptoms I take it?? Lucky as a lot of patients getting it more than once seem at greater risk of longer term issues.

😅 got to admit I've yet to lick a door handle!!

I don't know where I picked up the last two but I tested positive twice a few days after I'd been to a gig or a rugby match.

No long covid symptoms.

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Having kids or working in an office or with the public, just generally more exposure to other folk is going to increase the risk. 

3 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Having kids or working in an office or with the public, just generally more exposure to other folk is going to increase the risk. 

My wife works in a School and my son is at School as well as training three nights a week and playing a game on Sunday, just more likley to pick it up with that really. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have had it twice and caught it the last time two weeks ago and missed the smeltic game. First time it floored me for weeks but this time it was just a sore throat for a week or so. 

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have had it twice and caught it the last time two weeks ago and missed the smeltic game. First time it floored me for weeks but this time it was just a sore throat for a week or so. 

Did you test the second time?

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Did you test the second time?

Yes, I had a spare kit left over. I thought it was just a cold but at least I'll have a bit of immunity for the winter hopefully!

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yes, I had a spare kit left over. I thought it was just a cold but at least I'll have a bit of immunity for the winter hopefully!

Good to hear. 

Take care. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good to hear. 

Take care. 

:thumbsup: and yourself.

A Boy Named Crow

EDIT

No never mind,  I understand now, I'm on the wrong thread. I inadvertently ventured into one of the mouth breather sections of JKB

Edited by A Boy Named Crow