Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson

My Mrs got the double booster on Monday and has been absolutely fecked ever since.

She's never had Covid, but I'm sure it's a coincidence that she had the boosters, and she has got it now.

The thing is that her tests keep coming back negative.

She says that she has never felt so bad.

Surely this is not a side effect of the vaccines 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My Mrs got the double booster on Monday and has been absolutely fecked ever since.

She's never had Covid, but I'm sure it's a coincidence that she had the boosters, and she has got it now.

It is. Most people get floored by it. Usually not for long, tho. 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It is. Most people get floored by it. Usually not for long, tho. 

5 days with the worst cold like symptoms she has ever had?

I'm 100% sure it's Covid, no matter what the tests are saying 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I had a reaction to my first jag, and I'm just coming off a week's COVID infection. They felt the same, ****ing awful. 

Mind you, that's proper man COVID, girl COVID won't be as bad.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was ill like that for about 4 days earlier in the week. All my tests came back negative, there's been a few folk floored at work but not testing positive. I guess pre-covid people just got ill too, it just didn't always have a specific label and testing routine 

I've had very mild reactions to all the covid jabs/boosters.

Mrs JJ on the other hand, has had progressively worse reactions every time, this time with the new double strain booster being by far the worse, she had to take 2 days off work because it floored her, in fact she was ill for about 4 days in total.  Then just over a week later ended up in A&E with a bilateral pulmonary embolism (double blood clot, one in each lung).  She was lucky in the fact that when she took really ill she was working at the time, so A&E was literally just along the corridor, meaning she got almost immediate treatment, she was lucky that way.

Now before we can say it was the vaccine that caused the blood clots, it has to be noted that she's never fully recovered from having covid back in June and has had the odd episode of mild breathlessness from then.  So the jury's still out as to the actual cause, she does have more tests to get done to see if they can find the cause of the clots.

That was over 2 months ago and she's well on the mend now and is going back to work in the next couple of weeks albeit a phased return with only half shifts for the first week, and then take it from there.

Needless to say, that's her done with having any more covid jabs, and I don't blame her, because if my body had reacted the say way as hers has done by progressively having a worse reaction every time, then I'd be reluctant having anymore as well.

14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I had a slightly sore arm for 2 days but otherwise felt completely normal.

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I had a slightly sore arm for 2 days but otherwise felt completely normal.

Same here. I've had no reactions to the vaccines and the twice (that I know) that I have had Covid it was really mild.

17 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Well that’s my wife a nurse just tested positive 🤷🏻‍♂️only a matter of time before I get it now. 

You might be surprised. When my wife had it we didn’t isolate from each other any way. Ate, slept and went about our daily business at home as usual including the 2 minutes of mayhem I delight her with occasionally. I didn’t catch it as far as I am aware, nor did our youngest. 

Nucky Thompson
30 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Both have our jabs up to date 

I've now had 5 jabs and still managed to catch it twice, albeit really mild

20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You might be surprised. When my wife had it we didn’t isolate from each other any way. Ate, slept and went about our daily business at home as usual including the 2 minutes of mayhem I delight her with occasionally. I didn’t catch it as far as I am aware, nor did our youngest. 

Just tested myself negative so far 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Jeff said:

He's a trustworthy fella. Can't wait to get his book 

On this subject I’d say he is very trust worthy and accurate . 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What ?? Hancock trustworthy ???  You've got to be trolling Jimmy ..the guy is a ****in snake 🐍 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

What ?? Hancock trustworthy ???  You've got to be trolling Jimmy ..the guy is a ****in snake 🐍 

8BD2CA44-7F18-4B82-9E09-EE704634A0F1.gif

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Definitely 100% spot on when it comes to Sturgeon and her pathetic attempts at playing political games with the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Definitely 100% spot on when it comes to Sturgeon and her pathetic attempts at playing political games with the pandemic.

Yep he completely nailed it ! 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep he completely nailed it ! 

The UK government must have been gutted that health was devolved, but Boris started playing her like a fiddle by the end :lol:

43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The UK government must have been gutted that health was devolved, but Boris started playing her like a fiddle by the end :lol:

Yes it all fell apart last Xmas when she thought she was being wide and cancelled Xmas in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 she got well played 😂

I thought I'd got it this week but its just a really bad flu. Anyone else got this just now?

I can't even get out of bed, have had to take my first sick day in over 20 years. It's horrific.

38 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I thought I'd got it this week but its just a really bad flu. Anyone else got this just now?

I can't even get out of bed, have had to take my first sick day in over 20 years. It's horrific.

Yeh, iv been hit with the worst case of flu in my life this week. 

I tested etc... Was sure it would be covid but it's not. 

Genuinely feel like iv been hit by a bus. I know a few people at work etc that have had something similar recently 

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I've got a pretty shitty cold. Cough and runny nose and a wee bit lethargic.

Since February, I've had 2 doses of Covid and 2 colds. The colds have been far worse.

I hadn't had a cold in years before that

4 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Yeh, iv been hit with the worst case of flu in my life this week. 

I tested etc... Was sure it would be covid but it's not. 

Genuinely feel like iv been hit by a bus. I know a few people at work etc that have had something similar recently 

4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Sounds nasty. Thankfully I had the flu vaccine last month, hopefully it has targeted the correct strain.

Flu is no joke. Had it 15 years ago and it was truly horrendous.

SpruceBringsteen

Nearly 3 years since a wee guy in Wuhan tucked into his bat soup and it's finally got me 😢

Luckily I've taken more jabs than Deryck Chisora so I feel more or less tickety boo :cool:

Jeffros Furios

The local nutjob who called is a hoax and part of the great reset etc ..

And who was obviously anti vax got floored with it for 7 days :rofl:

As many as 400 dentists in Scotland have withdrawn NHS treatment, some folk resorting to DIY treatment

(dont know how true that is🤕) The SG have formed a dental advisory group but still to meet after 6 months.

I still think treatment is expensive, even as an NHS patient.

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

As many as 400 dentists in Scotland have withdrawn NHS treatment, some folk resorting to DIY treatment

(dont know how true that is🤕) The SG have formed a dental advisory group but still to meet after 6 months.

I still think treatment is expensive, even as an NHS patient.

My sister was telling me that she's been kicked out of the dentist that's she's been going to for 30 years because they are going totally private.

It's a disgrace 

Nucky Thompson

I see Humza Yousaf was wearing a mask while being interviewed in a non healthcare setting.

Does anyone else think that the Murrells are going to bring back mask wearing for Winter in Scotland?

Someone at my work had a mask on because they had a bit of a cold, kudos. Though they kept lowering it to blow their nose so I don't think it made much difference to the rest of us in the end!

Nearly had an argument with someone who kept closing the window on the bus. OK it's cold but the bus was packed and windows steamed up with a few sniffing away... plus a smelly ******* up the back. I'd rather be cold and be able to breathe!

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My sister was telling me that she's been kicked out of the dentist that's she's been going to for 30 years because they are going totally private.

It's a disgrace 

My dentist seems to have withdrawn some treatments that were previously available on NHS using covid as a cover.

He'll still do the check ups, tell you if anything needs done, but say's you'll need to pay privately for it, blah, blah.

Not sure that's even legal, tbh.

They've recently had the practice building extended significantly, and there's a few big Merc's parked round back, so I guess they need the money.

Lord Montpelier
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Humza Yousaf was wearing a mask while being interviewed in a non healthcare setting.

Does anyone else think that the Murrells are going to bring back mask wearing for Winter in Scotland?

Was only a year ago the sour faced ***** was locking us down whilst everyone else was partying so wouldn't put it past them

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Was only a year ago the sour faced ***** was locking us down whilst everyone else was partying so wouldn't put it past them

Wigan locked down by the SG? It really is the most powerful devolved parliament.

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Wigan locked down by the SG? It really is the most powerful devolved parliament.

What you on about now. 

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, kila said:

Someone at my work had a mask on because they had a bit of a cold, kudos. Though they kept lowering it to blow their nose so I don't think it made much difference to the rest of us in the end!

Nearly had an argument with someone who kept closing the window on the bus. OK it's cold but the bus was packed and windows steamed up with a few sniffing away... plus a smelly ******* up the back. I'd rather be cold and be able to breathe!

When we had that cold spell just past, the drivers were turning up the heating full blast.

You're jumping on the bus dressed like an Eskimo and it's like a sauna inside.

Had to have all the windows open or you would've passed out.

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, kila said:

Double post

Edited by Nucky Thompson

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's a disgrace 

Never heard from mine , its like they have shutdown, they always called to remind me of check ups, beyond me.

42 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Never heard from mine , its like they have shutdown, they always called to remind me of check ups, beyond me.

We had to move dentist as ours kept cancelling our check ups a day or so before. Luckily we managed to find another one taking on nhs patients. 

Where are all these dentist / doctor issues happening?

I've not had any problems getting NHS dentist or doctors appointments in the last 12 months in Glasgow.

I've only had to go to docs once but I had a phone interview on the scheduled date/time and then got face to face a day after. I've also been to the dentists a 3 or 4 times, as I have dental cover and I take advantage of it.