Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

25 minutes ago, escobri said:

Sneeze in their face 🤣that'll end up well 🥊🤕🚑

Your meditation and humming forcefield would have protected you, no?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Your meditation and humming forcefield would have protected you, no?

Protect me yes, him not so much 🤣

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

What if he was humming and meditating? 

Whilst sneezing and talking?and presumably out in public to have been in the hypothetical  predicament that started this nonsense, probably depends on the environment and the price of oil if its went up, also if there is  a weather warning and are we playing at home or away, shit what did you say again?

Nucky Thompson
11 hours ago, Boab said:

😂

If someone sneezed in your face their dental bill would be enormous !

So would their plastic surgery bill

It's great when jokers find something that they think supports their pre-existing agenda,  only for it to present itself as the precise opposite.  Some knowledge of pathology and the clerical workings of death certification might have prevented such calamity,  but alas no.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's great when jokers find something that they think supports their pre-existing agenda,  only for it to present itself as the precise opposite.  Some knowledge of pathology and the clerical workings of death certification might have prevented such calamity,  but alas no.

If directed at me I posted without comment for a reason, just posting articles like others, no need to be a dick.

On 18/08/2022 at 07:53, escobri said:

Protect me yes, him not so much 🤣

Why the fuss if its all a big pharma hoax and mask don't work. Surely you're perfectly safe and just laugh in the face of a sneeze? 

40 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Why the fuss if its all a big pharma hoax and mask don't work. Surely you're perfectly safe and just laugh in the face of a sneeze? 

I'd use my wings of steel.

flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And the point you are trying to make is......what?

Not making a point, just posting a covid related story on the covid thread.

56 minutes ago, escobri said:

Not making a point, just posting a covid related story on the covid thread.

On the same theme then, covid has been found in dozens of different animals & species, including fish.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220307/covid-found-in-29-types-of-animals

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/more-animal-species-are-getting-covid-19-for-the-first-time

Just shows how adaptable and dangerous covid could be, being able to jump species easily.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably not the next Prime Minister 

Desperate revisionist populism from the twat.  

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Desperate revisionist populism from the twat.  

The schools thing was a reasonable debate.

But during Covid Sunak was said to be one of main voice against any restrictions 

If you didn't want restrictions you also have to be honest about what you were prepared to accept at the NHS. The 5 mile ambulance queues that happened in Italy and Russia. No other treatment available on NHS. Many more deaths. That's where the anti restriction people are dishonest.

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But during Covid Sunak was said to be one of main voice against any restrictions 

If you didn't want restrictions you also have to be honest about what you were prepared to accept at the NHS. The 5 mile ambulance queues that happened in Italy and Russia. No other treatment available on NHS. Many more deaths. That's where the anti restriction people are dishonest.

:Agree:  One of the most dishonest arguments ever argued.  

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

In addition, the impact of more people getting infection pre vaccine would be increased long covid that is also impacting the economy.

Surprised an economics guy like Sunak doesn't take any consideration of that. Then again,  this is a guy who says he will tackle inflation by being tough on welfare.

(below link is US but dies mention the UK)

https://www.brookings.edu/research/new-data-shows-long-covid-is-keeping-as-many-as-4-million-people-out-of-work/

Edited by Costanza

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably not the next Prime Minister 

Not saying he’s right but at certain times we probably listened to them too much without the balance we seem to accept now. Thousands are still dying as we are merrily skip through life. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not saying he’s right but at certain times we probably listened to them too much without the balance we seem to accept now. Thousands are still dying as we are merrily skip through life. 

It's good we got to push the deaths into this year instead as everyone starves or freezes to death after trashing the economy to fund it all 👍

Edited by Taffin

41 minutes ago, Costanza said:

In addition, the impact of more people getting infection pre vaccine would be increased long covid that is also impacting the economy.

Surprised an economics guy like Sunak doesn't take any consideration of that. Then again,  this is a guy who says he will tackle inflation by being tough on welfare.

(below link is US but dies mention the UK)

https://www.brookings.edu/research/new-data-shows-long-covid-is-keeping-as-many-as-4-million-people-out-of-work/

All he's doing is to tap into a resource.  Playing to a narrative for the purpose of a specific,  short term aim.  Pure populism for personal ambition.  I wouldn't believe a single word that either of them say because they're playing a sordid little game against each other.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 hours ago, Victorian said:

:Agree:  One of the most dishonest arguments ever argued.  

or so it appeared to those who’s understanding involved only lockdown and that nonsense phrase “let it rip”

• 1 month later...

With the blue envelopes starting to drop through peoples doors again inviting them for the Autumn boosters, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on this now.

Me, I'll happily take the flu vaccine, no issues whatsoever, the covid booster however I'm a bit mixed over.

I've had 3 doses and had covid back in June and whilst I was ill for a few days and had a cough for a few weeks, I've had worse colds, besides wouldn't my anti-bodies against covid have had a boost in June, therefore I'm thinking do I really need to get another booster in November.

The flu jab I'll take no problems, the covid booster I'm not so sure tbh.

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

With the blue envelopes starting to drop through peoples doors again inviting them for the Autumn boosters, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on this now.

Me, I'll happily take the flu vaccine, no issues whatsoever, the covid booster however I'm a bit mixed over.

I've had 3 doses and had covid back in June and whilst I was ill for a few days and had a cough for a few weeks, I've had worse colds, besides wouldn't my anti-bodies against covid have had a boost in June, therefore I'm thinking do I really need to get another booster in November.

I've not watched this yet but getting good feedback, balanced aswell so might not be appropriate for JKB.

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I had both jabs last weekend with no issues. I was happy to get both. Covid is still circulating as evidenced by one of my grandson's picking it up for a second time a couple of weeks ago, which delayed him getting his second jab (age 12).  The fewer people who take up the offer of boosters will lead to the virus becoming endemic and require the vulnerable to continue to need boosters.

Edited by Footballfirst

Here we go again.  Sorry,  there's no benefit to the individual by choosing to reject the vaccination on offer.  It's being done WITH the flu vaccination therefore no additional visit required.  It's also reformulated to prime a response to Omicron,  unlike previous ones.  There is no conceivable reason to not have it.

Happy jabbing and cheers.

Edited by Victorian

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm more than happy to receive another booster.

I require a multitude of different vaccines for work and have done for well over a decade, so one more isn't really an issue.

I guess I've had plenty of time to get used to the idea of regular inoculations, and it's just kind of normal.

Btw, I've had covid and it was no worse than a mild hangover - probably a result of the 3 jabs I'd had previously. For the vast majority of folk continued boosters make absolute sense.

I’ll be more than happy to take both my flu jag and my covid booster when invited.
I’ve somehow managed to avoid covid so far and I’d like it to stay that way. Also if it helps to control the virus in the wider population then that’s got to be a good thing.

Nucky Thompson

Came back from Riga with a 2nd dose of Covid and it was even milder than the 1st dose. A cough for 2 or 3 days.

I've had 4 Covid vaccine shots, so I'm putting the mildness down to that.

I'll definitely be getting the next booster along with the flu vaccine.

My one known encounter with the wee scamp was at the extreme end of mild.  Hooter went a bit banzai for a day or two.  Felt unusual so tested.  Barely remember any other symptoms.

That's what we all got the jabs for.  Courtesy of the sheer genius of a very small and exclusive number of heroic people.  

Nucky Thompson

Of course, there's going to be a few who have a reaction to the Covid vaccine, but it's given the vast majority of people a better outcome than they would have if they caught Covid without the protection.

You'll find cases of severe reaction to any vaccine that's ever been produced 

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Of course, there's going to be a few who have a reaction to the Covid vaccine, but it's given the vast majority of people a better outcome than they would have if they caught Covid without the protection.

You'll find cases of severe reaction to any vaccine that's ever been produced 

Not just vaccines, but every single medicine, be that the common aspirin, cough mixture, penicillin etc etc etc etc, somebody somewhere has shown a severe reaction to every kind of medicine, even proving fatal in some cases. 

Strange how the anti-vaxxer nutcases don't highlight every medicine ever discovered, they only highlight the covid vaccine, I'll bet they themselves have taken loads of medicines which hundreds/thousands/millions of people have had a reaction to, sometimes a severe reaction, sometimes even dying from, but that doesn't stop them taking a cold medicine or antibiotics, they're nothing but hypocrites.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not just vaccines, but every single medicine, be that the common aspirin, cough mixture, penicillin etc etc etc etc, somebody somewhere has shown a severe reaction to every kind of medicine, even proving fatal in some cases. 

Strange how the anti-vaxxer nutcases don't highlight every medicine ever discovered, they only highlight the covid vaccine, I'll bet they themselves have taken loads of medicines which hundreds/thousands/millions of people have had a reaction to, sometimes a severe reaction, sometimes even dying from, but that doesn't stop them taking a cold medicine or antibiotics, they're nothing but hypocrites.

Nobody on this thread has disputed medicines have adverse reactions for some people, vaccinations with small amounts of adverse reactions have been pulled from use yet the covid vaccines by number have the most adverse reactions of all yet people who are hurt by these so called vaccines are still finding themselves censored over many platforms and struggling to get the help they need. But aye anti vaxxers and all that pish.

1 minute ago, escobri said:

vaccinations with small amounts of adverse reactions have been pulled from use yet the covid vaccines by number have the most adverse reactions of all yet 

Source?

4 minutes ago, escobri said:

Nobody on this thread has disputed medicines have adverse reactions for some people, vaccinations with small amounts of adverse reactions have been pulled from use yet the covid vaccines by number have the most adverse reactions of all yet people who are hurt by these so called vaccines are still finding themselves censored over many platforms and struggling to get the help they need. But aye anti vaxxers and all that pish.

My son had a severe reaction to the tetanus vaccine, so much so that he can never have another tetanus shot, yet the vaccine is still widely used and hasn't been pulled from use.

And aye anti-vaxxers and all their ignorant pish.