Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Its a shame that when the roles were  reversed the same attitude wasn't applied by many. You had governments blaming these people for killing others with zero evidence to support it ffs. 

Yes the stigimatisation of those who chose not to have the vaccine was disgusting too. Their body. their choice. The eerie and sinister part of it all was the pressure on parents to ge their children vaccinated from a virus which they has almost zero per cent of becoming ill or dying.  So glad my nieces and nephews ( ive got a few) didnt fall for it and ensured their kids would not be vaccinated.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes the stigimatisation of those who chose not to have the vaccine was disgusting too. Their body. their choice. The eerie and sinister part of it all was the pressure on parents to ge their children vaccinated from a virus which they has almost zero per cent of becoming ill or dying.  So glad my nieces and nephews ( ive got a few) didnt fall for it and ensured their kids would not be vaccinated.  

The kids will have either had it by now or are just very immune. The ghouls who pushed this out onto already frightened parents should be punished. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The kids will have either had it by now or are just very immune. The ghouls who pushed this out onto already frightened parents should be punished. 

Yep. All of them. 

6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

excess deaths - anyone got a spreadsheet we can use to track them 

not on page 1 of the mainstream media but not totally ignored / refuted either - obviously there’s a chance it’s just another big conspiracy theory but on the small chance it’s not …

apparently occurring in all age groups even those normally more healthy younger types who wouldn’t be impacted by nhs delays (as healthy so don’t need the nhs hence nhs delays largely irrelevant)

for those age groups starting to develop potentially serious conditions whose outcome could be adversely impacted by nhs delays is it time to start protecting the nhs again ?

hopefully not with full lockdowns but a suspension of unnecessary travel and riskier activities and the like - I remember the Covid idiots being rightfully put in their place when they were saying I’m just driving to mountain X to do some hiking and won’t be mixing with anyone so won’t give anyone Covid but the more clever and less selfish people pointing out that an accident on the way to the mountain or on the mountain would require nhs resources 😡

is it time we all found our great empathy again and started making small sacrifices to help the nhs?

What a rocket you are.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, escobri said:

What a rocket you are.

this subject a bit too taxing for you mate - don’t worry there are much easier subjects come up from time to time so you’ll be able to join in like an adult on one or two of them if you wish

10 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

this subject a bit too taxing for you mate - don’t worry there are much easier subjects come up from time to time so you’ll be able to join in like an adult on one or two of them if you wish

With yourself no thanks. You and most others on this thread are delusional, thankfully there is a few on here that are awake. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 minutes ago, escobri said:

With yourself no thanks. You and most others on this thread are delusional, thankfully there is a few on here that are awake. 

😃👍

”awake” tho

:qqb006:

46 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

😃👍

”awake” tho

:qqb006:

Definitely awake pal, half fecking 3 and I'm scrolling kickback 🤣no💤

18 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

My son's Rugby game has been cancelled tomorrow as the team from Gosforth have had a load of lads test positive, first time that's happened for a while.

Soft as shite in Gosforth

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

I thought the effectiveness of the vaccine wore off over time hence the boosters. Why did we stop getting them?

It does but not to square one.  It programmes the immune system to recognise the virus and the immune system produces it's own cells and antibodies upon infection.  

We're not yet getting the boosters because it's been determined that the overall risk of hospitalisation is still very low.  There isn't enough to gain to merit the resources used to boost the cohort of people under 65.  

Vaccination and booster coverage is well in vast majority.  An estimate has also been suggested that about 95% of people have encountered the virus.  It's almost certain that no general population booster will ever be offered.

Thunder and Lightning
17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hear hear. 

I Just bot all new kitchen utensils as well as pots and pans, these are expensive.  I am sorry NHS, i ain't banging them this time. :) 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It does but not to square one.  It programmes the immune system to recognise the virus and the immune system produces it's own cells and antibodies upon infection.  

We're not yet getting the boosters because it's been determined that the overall risk of hospitalisation is still very low.  There isn't enough to gain to merit the resources used to boost the cohort of people under 65.  

Vaccination and booster coverage is well in vast majority.  An estimate has also been suggested that about 95% of people have encountered the virus.  It's almost certain that no general population booster will ever be offered.

Makes sense, however regards the bit in bold, wasn't it always?

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Had mine last week.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It wasn't always the case. The first vaccinations were aimed at the "Kent" variant (which caused more deaths than the original variant). That was followed be the equally virulent Delta variant for which most people were offered booster vaccinations. The subsequent Omicron and other variants that followed were deemed not to be as much of a problem so have not been targeted to the lower risk groups.

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I’m following the science on this one. 

5 minutes ago, biglaff said:

People aren't stupid enough to accept any more bullshit from the government. Although according to this thread, some people are. Incredible!

The queue of 'billionaires in waiting' is growing. Need another bout or super strain.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

It wasn't always the case. The first vaccinations were aimed at the "Kent" variant (which caused more deaths than the original variant). That was followed be the equally virulent Delta variant for which most people were offered booster vaccinations. The subsequent Omicron and other variants that followed were deemed not to be as much of a problem so have not been targeted to the lower risk groups.

I guess 'very low' is subjective but my memory of it was always that the risk of hospitalisation was what I'd call very low. I'm obviously only a tiny sample but I didn't know anyone who was hospitalised due to it.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I guess 'very low' is subjective but my memory of it was always that the risk of hospitalisation was what I'd call very low. I'm obviously only a tiny sample but I didn't know anyone who was hospitalised due to it.

Very few died of covid alone, though we did save thousands of flu deaths over the same period, the Lord giveth the Lord taketh.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Now now, you know that factual information is not what we want on here. It's calls for jailing, or hanging, for Sturgeon that the JKB flat earthers want. 

Meanwhile, most people in the 'at risk' categories will continue to receive their boosters for covid; just as they have happily done with the flu jags for years.

29 minutes ago, biglaff said:

People aren't stupid enough to accept any more bullshit from the government. Although according to this thread, some people are. Incredible!

Quite right. Should cancel all vaccinations and, while we're at it, all medicines too. Bloody scientists/doctors telling us what to do

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Quite right. Should cancel all vaccinations and, while we're at it, all medicines too. Bloody scientists/doctors telling us what to do

There’s no surprise that you would just blindly follow what anyone told you. 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Don't be deliberately obtuse, It's not an attractive look.

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You must find it difficult now Chief Mammy isn't about to tell you what to do everyday. 

Just now, XB52 said:

Moved to the edgy side have you?

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Imaman said:

The author/op  of this thread hasn’t been around for a while, Hope poster is ok!! 

He died mate.

i asked the same question months ago 

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

I think those who are not eligible just now will get the chance to get the shots, they won't try and mandate it like before though. It will be your personal decision like the flu shot, which seems fair enough.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He died mate.

i asked the same question months ago 

Oh thanks I never new that. So sorry to hear this news. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Now now, you know that factual information is not what we want on here. It's calls for jailing, or hanging, for Sturgeon that the JKB flat earthers want. 

Meanwhile, most people in the 'at risk' categories will continue to receive their boosters for covid; just as they have happily done with the flu jags for years.

No booster was offered with the flu jab this year for myself, would only have been available if I was prescribed oral steroids for my asthma but that is well controlled. 

31 minutes ago, escobri said:

I think those who are not eligible just now will get the chance to get the shots, they won't try and mandate it like before though. It will be your personal decision like the flu shot, which seems fair enough.

Nice bit of revisionism right there.

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Whilst not mandated , the tactics used by behavioural scientists and the likes of Devi Sridhar to convince and control a frightened population were in my view extreme and up there with the worst of propaganda deployed by peace time governments. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I know, imagine listening to scientists and doctors. The number of diseases that have been eliminated/controlled by vaccinations due to these same groups of people are numerous. But, because of conspiracy nuts on social media, we now have to ignore these same groups. I just don't get it. Was there an initial overreaction when covid first hit, probably yes. That still doesn't mean that I'm going to ignore medical advice. You, of course, are free to do what you want

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

:greggy:

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Whilst not mandated , the tactics used by behavioural scientists and the likes of Devi Sridhar to convince and control a frightened population were in my view extreme and up there with the worst of propaganda deployed by peace time governments. 

Various people were quite convincing,  I'll give you that.  But imo it was all borne out of the right motives and served a purpose well.  You also need to take into account that it is only in the past 12 to 18 months that the overall effects and consequences on the health system have settled down and become more predictable.  You can't really be too hard on scientists and clinicians for being cautious amid uncertainty.

2 hours ago, biglaff said:

I know. Incredible as you rightly state

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

lol

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You must find it difficult now Chief Mammy isn't about to tell you what to do everyday. 

Many are suffering from this pheonemena * yes its not spelt correctly . but does it really matter 

1 hour ago, escobri said:

Moved to the edgy side have you?

lol

21 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Particularly when they coerxised parents into given perfectly healthy children a potentially  dangerous vaccine.  Shameful.  They   needs to hang their  head in shame too but shes gallus enough to resurface. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There is some vaccine mandates still in place looking at a global perspective, for us in Britain using vaccine passports to coerce people into taking the gene therapy shots whilst not giving informed consent might just come short of mandating,  for the pedantic s amongst  us, remember the outrage at nurses who wouldn't get the shots 🤣 It would be interesting to see the percentage of health care workers who took them. 🤔

Just now, escobri said:

There is some vaccine mandates still in place looking at a global perspective, for us in Britain using vaccine passports to coerce people into taking the gene therapy shots whilst not giving informed consent might just come short of mandating,  for the pedantic s amongst  us, remember the outrage at nurses who wouldn't get the shots 🤣 It would be interesting to see the percentage of health care workers who took them. 🤔

Oh my God😃😃😃😃

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

the subject matter is obviously very serious - lots of people died from/with covid including probably family / friends / acquaintances of people on here and I’m sure people do remember this when they get involved in debate (sometimes heated) and throw about jokes / emojis etc and in keeping with that I couldn’t help but laugh (more with incredulity) when thinking back to that presentation where that absolutes tsser Hancock came out with the line regarding stay at home “this isn’t a request it’s an instruction”

this absolute wahoo in between feeling someone’s ass that i assume he shouldn’t have even been within close contact with and laughing and joking via WhatsApp about ‘scaring the pants off the public’ is successfully instructing the significant terrified proportion of the public that they must stay at home

whats he doing now - some sort of jester on low budget satellite channel trashy reality shows (as far as I’m aware) - a year or 3 ago he had peoples lives and mental health in his very hands

he was also interviewed one time about the potential over-sensitivity of covid tests as part of that interview it became obvious that he didn’t have the mathematical knowledge (or he had a brain-freeze) to do percentages - that’s probably basic foundation maths for school children 🙈

that’s an accurate (imo) snapshot of the covid response of “following the science”

not sure if it’s still possible (or at all) but I’d like him and others (eg anyone who instructed untested old patients to be dumped into care homes) to face some sort of corporate manslaughter type trials

absolute disgrace

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Various people were quite convincing,  I'll give you that.  But imo it was all borne out of the right motives and served a purpose well.  You also need to take into account that it is only in the past 12 to 18 months that the overall effects and consequences on the health system have settled down and become more predictable.  You can't really be too hard on scientists and clinicians for being cautious amid uncertainty.

Exactly, but, according to the vocal minority on here, it was all a massive conspiracy orchestrated by Nicola Sturgeon. 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the subject matter is obviously very serious - lots of people died from/with covid including probably family / friends / acquaintances of people on here and I’m sure people do remember this when they get involved in debate (sometimes heated) and throw about jokes / emojis etc and in keeping with that I couldn’t help but laugh (more with incredulity) when thinking back to that presentation where that absolutes tsser Hancock came out with the line regarding stay at home “this isn’t a request it’s an instruction”

this absolute wahoo in between feeling someone’s ass that i assume he shouldn’t have even been within close contact with and laughing and joking via WhatsApp about ‘scaring the pants off the public’ is successfully instructing the significant terrified proportion of the public that they must stay at home

whats he doing now - some sort of jester on low budget satellite channel trashy reality shows (as far as I’m aware) - a year or 3 ago he had peoples lives and mental health in his very hands

he was also interviewed one time about the potential over-sensitivity of covid tests as part of that interview it became obvious that he didn’t have the mathematical knowledge (or he had a brain-freeze) to do percentages - that’s probably basic foundation maths for school children 🙈

that’s an accurate (imo) snapshot of the covid response of “following the science”

not sure if it’s still possible (or at all) but I’d like him and others (eg anyone who instructed untested old patients to be dumped into care homes) to face some sort of corporate manslaughter type trials

absolute disgrace

Hancock should be in the dock as well. Grossly inept and out his depth.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Hancock should be in the dock as well. Grossly inept and out his depth.

agreed - not only inept and out his depth - conceited and selfish the very things he was ‘instructing’ others not to be

40 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly, but, according to the vocal minority on here, it was all a massive conspiracy orchestrated by Nicola Sturgeon. 

She couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery never mind a massive conspiracy! Don’t flatter it 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

She couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery never mind a massive conspiracy! Don’t flatter it 

He's just making up pish now, a vaccine salesperson yes, orchestrating it, oh ma sides 🤣🤣