Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 hours ago, escobri said:

Mark Steyn. :laugh: I do hope you aren't hispanic mate, as he absolutely destests them, the rascist prick. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Mark Steyn. :laugh: I do hope you aren't hispanic mate, as he absolutely destests them, the rascist prick. 

I stopped watching as soon as the Biden clip played.....Biden FFS a guy who barely knows what day of the week it is, besides everybody knows he misspoke and everybody knows what Biden said was corrected & clarified a short time later, but the tin foil hatters never mention that, of course they don't as that doesn't suit their agenda.

11 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I'll raise the bar then m8, here's tucker 🤣

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, escobri said:

A8CAF03B-FF13-4F08-B4BF-AAD43BA2FC03.gif

1 hour ago, escobri said:

the Vaccine was never made to stop you getting Covid it was and has been proved effective in preventing you getting very sick from it. That was the point of the vaccine. 
What other effects it has on you is certainly open to debate and line any drug will have side effects. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

the Vaccine was never made to stop you getting Covid it was and has been proved effective in preventing you getting very sick from it. That was the point of the vaccine. 
What other effects it has on you is certainly open to debate and line any drug will have side effects. 

Spot on.

Same as the Flu vaccine. 

Regarding vaccine/drug side effects I’m waiting on a GP phone call now as I am having a reaction to Astrovastin feeling sick is one of the side effects although in fairness I stopped the statin last week but another drug I’m taking for high blood pressure Amlodipine has that down as a side effect as well. 
Both these drugs were prescribed to because I’ve had a stroke in the past and I’m taking them (or not) to prevent me having any more strokes. So it maybe better for me to persist with the side effect than have an even more severe stroke. 

Edited by Imaman

26 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Even the average Joe's immune system does as you've just described. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Imaman said:

I’m waiting on a GP phone call now as I am having a reaction to Astrovastin feeling sick is one of the side effects although in fairness I stopped the statin last week but another drug I’m taking for high blood pressure Amlodipine has that down as a side effect as well. 
Both these drugs were prescribed to because I’ve had a stroke in the past and I’m taking them (or not) to prevent me having any more strokes. So it maybe better for me to persist with the side effect than have an even more severe stroke. 

Good luck. 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, escobri said:

Even the average Joe's immune system does as you've just described. 

Your immune system works pretty well if you are 20, less so if you are 80 as the UK's death records suggest.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Your immune system works pretty well if you are 20, less so if you are 80 as the UK's death records suggest.

Won't disagree with that, vaccinate those at risk and don't coerce healthy individuals into experimental treatments.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Regarding vaccine/drug side effects I’m waiting on a GP phone call now as I am having a reaction to Astrovastin feeling sick is one of the side effects although in fairness I stopped the statin last week but another drug I’m taking for high blood pressure Amlodipine has that down as a side effect as well. 

Yes that’s the dilemmas of taking potent drugs for a serious health condition , keep taking them to alleviate the pain / symptoms or don’t and your condition may get worse . I’ve had various side effects from my arthritis meds but have still chosen to take them as they do help in the Long run , well crawl really due to arthritis lol 😂 

5 hours ago, escobri said:

Tucker ****ing Carlson. :laugh:🤡😆🤣

11 hours ago, escobri said:

Won't disagree with that, vaccinate those at risk and don't coerce healthy individuals into experimental treatments.

👍

Bindy Badgy
20 hours ago, indianajones said:

Yep. Total nonsense and pretty insulting to the Chinese. 

It was released from a laboratory. Probably by accident. 

What's your evidence for this claim?

21 hours ago, Imaman said:

Mate, get of that amlodipine asap. I took it for a while and it's poison. I was ill with it. Ask for something like lisinopril and bendroflumathezide combination. I researched amlodipine and while it gets the BP down, some folks get really ill on it Good luck 

1 hour ago, tightrope said:

Mate, get of that amlodipine asap. I took it for a while and it's poison. I was ill with it. Ask for something like lisinopril and bendroflumathezide combination. I researched amlodipine and while it gets the BP down, some folks get really ill on it Good luck 

Thanks for the advice. I’m having further tests for the nausea. Spoke with the GP yesterday and drug review in the near future based on the results of the tests. 

2 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

What's your evidence for this claim?

There was a documentary on C4 a while back that made a pretty compelling argument for it originating in a lab in Wuhan.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/wuhan-lab-leak-explosive-channel-4-documentary-provides-compelling-evidence-supporting-covid-origin-theory-1161167

Obviously not 100% confirmed though.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

There was a documentary on C4 a while back that made a pretty compelling argument for it originating in a lab in Wuhan.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/wuhan-lab-leak-explosive-channel-4-documentary-provides-compelling-evidence-supporting-covid-origin-theory-1161167

Obviously not 100% confirmed though.

Was that the lab where they x-rayed the bat, or am I thinking about something else. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Thanks for the advice. I’m having further tests for the nausea. Spoke with the GP yesterday and drug review in the near future based on the results of the tests. 

Good luck, hope you get it all under control.👍

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Imaman said:

I'm sure it'll settle down, they sometimes just need time for your body to get used to them.

I mind when I first started taking Metformin, jeez, both ends at the same fecking time, stomach cramps you name it, I had it, my doctor just told me to stick with as it'll settle down, and it did.....eventually.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm sure it'll settle down, they sometimes just need time for your body to get used to them.

I mind when I first started taking Metformin, jeez, both ends at the same fecking time, stomach cramps you name it, I had it, my doctor just told me to stick with as it'll settle down, and it did.....eventually.

These ales you have would obviously help.:10900:

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

These ales you have would obviously help.:10900:

Purely medicinal, sure I read somewhere that hops have healing properties. :laugh:

Nucky Thompson

• 2 weeks later...
Nucky Thompson
On 01/08/2022 at 22:02, jonesy said:

Still mask-wearers stalking the streets here in Newington. 😷

Now, I'm not one to bring up what other people have said, but other people often said that these folk are wearing masks to protect others. In which case, they are clearly riddled with the bat flu. Ergo, they should be off the streets and self-isolating and it has been the mask-wearers all along who have been driving the spread of Covid. Selfish twits. :( 

Yup. Still get some weirdos walking about in the fresh air covering their nose and mouth with a wee paper tissue 

Jambo-Jimbo

I'd think that anybody still wearing face masks in shops but more so in the street, will be doing so for the rest of their days.

That's up to them if they want to do that.

On 01/08/2022 at 22:02, jonesy said:

Still mask-wearers stalking the streets here in Newington. 😷

Now, I'm not one to bring up what other people have said, but other people often said that these folk are wearing masks to protect others. In which case, they are clearly riddled with the bat flu. Ergo, they should be off the streets and self-isolating and it has been the mask-wearers all along who have been driving the spread of Covid. Selfish twits. :( 

I think that was on the premise of people being asked to assume they could have the bat flu without being aware,  rather than being out and about in the knowledge of having it.

It's good that you've forgotten that though.  Just demonstrates how these dismal things have passed into oblivion.  You should be pleased.  I'm pleased that you're pleased,  assuming you are pleased.  I'm pleased either way.  

:)

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yup. Still get some weirdos walking about in the fresh air covering their nose and mouth with a wee paper tissue 

I saw a person in a car , on their own with a mask on . Very bizarre . Still can’t get my head around people walking about outside with masks on . It’s their right to though , I suppose . I get them wearing them on buses 🚌 

Went swimming today.

It killed me.

I'm honestly been feked since I had covid.

Slightly down no energy waves of fektness and today 5lengths of the commy and some old dear asked 8f I was OK.

See the thought of wearing a mask gives me palpitations.

The covid has took a right hit at me.

That's been 3 weeks since I tested negative.

I struggled at work so took this week of to chill try and fight back.

Sorry off loading a bit but just the smothering thought of a mask has made me feel wheezy

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Went swimming today.

It killed me.

I'm honestly been feked since I had covid.

Slightly down no energy waves of fektness and today 5lengths of the commy and some old dear asked 8f I was OK.

See the thought of wearing a mask gives me palpitations.

The covid has took a right hit at me.

That's been 3 weeks since I tested negative.

I struggled at work so took this week of to chill try and fight back.

Sorry off loading a bit but just the smothering thought of a mask has made me feel wheezy

Sorry to hear this , hopefully you get fully fit again . Surely there must be some impact on us all from wearing masks , for significant periods of time. ? Funnily enough I got a text from the NHS regarding my covid diagnosis in January . They have sent me link to complete a questionnaire about my health post covid . I’ll fill it in tomorrow . 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sorry to hear this , hopefully you get fully fit again . Surely there must be some impact on us all from wearing masks , for significant periods of time. ? Funnily enough I got a text from the NHS regarding my covid diagnosis in January . They have sent me link to complete a questionnaire about my health post covid . I’ll fill it in tomorrow . 

Actually started to complete it till I got to this page , no thanks 

B0B53AB1-73A7-4168-8AF2-FBD99B496015.jpeg

58 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No joke Judy it's ripped me with no change.

52 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Still choosing to wear one when in shops and crowed places.

Alway did mate but the thought of wearing one now I dread.

I would but I dread.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Ked said:

I would but I dread.

Well I hope things improve 

37 minutes ago, Ked said:

I would but I dread.

Sorry to hear that. 

Planes, trains, shops and a very busy promenade?   Yes.

On the beach?  No.

We do that, and we know it’s daft.

Mask up folks !😷😷

Doctors have raised the alarm over a brand new virus that has infected dozens of people in China.

'Langya' henipavirus — or LayV — was detected in 35 people in the country's eastern Henan and Shandong provinces.

It belongs to a family of viruses that are known to kill up to three quarters of humans in severe cases. 

None of the new cases have resulted in death and most are mild, with patients experiencing flu-like symptoms.

The novel virus is thought to have been passed on by shrews — small mammals from the same family as hedgehogs and moles. 

A study published last revealed the virus was first detected in humans in 2019, with the most recent cases this year.

Chinese experts investigating the virus believe human cases are 'sporadic'. They are still trying to work out if it can spread from person to person.

indianajones
19 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Mask up folks !😷😷

Doctors have raised the alarm over a brand new virus that has infected dozens of people in China.

'Langya' henipavirus — or LayV — was detected in 35 people in the country's eastern Henan and Shandong provinces.

It belongs to a family of viruses that are known to kill up to three quarters of humans in severe cases. 

None of the new cases have resulted in death and most are mild, with patients experiencing flu-like symptoms.

The novel virus is thought to have been passed on by shrews — small mammals from the same family as hedgehogs and moles. 

A study published last revealed the virus was first detected in humans in 2019, with the most recent cases this year.

Chinese experts investigating the virus believe human cases are 'sporadic'. They are still trying to work out if it can spread from person to person.

:rofl:

Dennis Reynolds

There was folk wearing masks at the gig I was at tonight. Don't think I could give less of a **** tbh. People can do what they want. It's pretty much what folk have been banging on about for over two years now.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )