Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Just because you haven't seen people take steps to prevent allergies means no-one does? :laugh:

I daresay you'd 100% stick your nose up in the air at the filtration system I have in the lounge and decide it's another demonstration of a psychologically damaged victim of covid/lockdown fan living in state mandated fear, or some such utter guff - and not simply a type of device I've used for many years to reduce allergens.    

Perhaps educate yourself: https://www.allergyuk.org/types-of-allergies/hayfever/ (Warning. Content may contain masks. 🚨).

Good post.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I think there is.

Really? I think your one of the few thinking that. 

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I'm holding off at the moment. Not enough justification for it in my view . 

If I had an under 12, there's no chance I would get them vaccinated against Covid.

There's no benefit IMO.

My 15 year old wanted to get it because she didn't want to loose out on her holiday to Lanzarote 

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I had an under 12, there's no chance I would get them vaccinated against Covid.

There's no benefit IMO.

My 15 year old wanted to get it because she didn't want to loose out on her holiday to Lanzarote 

👍👍👍

My sons blue envelope arrived this morning and was filed accordingly 🗑, for some reason they are addressed to the kids themselves and not parents/ guardians. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, escobri said:

My sons blue envelope arrived this morning and was filed accordingly 🗑, for some reason they are addressed to the kids themselves and not parents/ guardians. 

Sneaky and  creepy behaviours towards the nations children by its Govt . Quelle surprise . They really hate parents haven’t any parenting input/ influence  to their own children . 

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What's everyone's thoughts on vacinating kids? I have 2 under 10 and have just had their appointment letters. Personally I'm happy for them to build up a natural immunity as both are in good health. Really can't see the rational behind jabbing healthy kids

I wouldn't neither. 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sneaky and  creepy behaviours towards the nations children by its Govt . Quelle surprise . They really hate parents haven’t any parenting input/ influence  to their own children . 

She can recommend a good book though 🤬🤬

39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They really hate parents haven’t any parenting input/ influence  to their own children

They only want parents as breeders. They want to bring them up in a warped world. 

The ONS today released stats on Long Covid.

The vaccines and milder variants are ensuring it is not as bad as previous waves but to equate Covid with the cold or flu, is a complete nonsense.

In children, over 150k have had symptoms for more than 4 weeks and 31k over a year.

I'm all for parental choice but you're not going to convince me that there is no point in children getting the vaccine. If they offered it for my daughter I would definitely allow her to have it, much like the other vaccines she's already had.

43 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The vaccines and milder variants are ensuring it is not as bad as previous waves but to equate Covid with the cold or flu, is a complete nonsense.

In children, over 150k have had symptoms for more than 4 weeks and 31k over a year.

I'm all for parental choice but you're not going to convince me that there is no point in children getting the vaccine. If they offered it for my daughter I would definitely allow her to have it, much like the other vaccines she's already had.

Ah the good old self reporting, good enough for covid but for adverse reactions to vaccines its blasphemy.  

Free tickets to sick days and extra school holidays. 😫 🤒 😷 🤧 🤢 

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

Ah the good old self reporting, good enough for covid but for adverse reactions to vaccines its blasphemy.  

Ah the post truth argument; don't like the data so rather than counter with something of substance, throw a strawman at it.

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Ah the post truth argument; don't like the data so rather than counter with something of substance, throw a strawman at it.

Didn't say I didn't like it as i never read enough to form a proper opinion 🤣.

Stopped reading most of the sniffles stuff now as it's over, or should be but power and greed is keeping it going. Political people looking after your health but letting you drink, smoke and eat your way to an early grave, mask up sleeves up old boy.

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Costanza said:

Long before Covid, loads of kids were going around with permanent snotty noses etc.

My mates kids have always got the cold. 

Now they are putting it down to 'long' Covid :vrface:

Just about everyone I know has had Covid and I don't know a single person who has long Covid.

The survey you posted was from 'self reported' long Covid.

I wonder how many are self employed and don't get paid if they don't work?

Konrad von Carstein
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

OMFG! :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, escobri said:

I know absolute nonsense . As you said free tickets and school holidays 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Long before Covid, loads of kids were going around with permanent snotty noses etc.

Just about everyone I know has had Covid and I don't know a single person who has long Covid.

Yes kids have always  had the Sniffies etc . Usual hysteria and hypochondria  sponsored by the SG to keep it all going . 

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes kids have always  had the Sniffies etc . Usual hysteria and hypochondria  sponsored by the SG to keep it all going . 

Now, now, Chief Mammy knows best and is there to think for us all and keep as safe and protected from the big bad world. 

On 06/04/2022 at 18:37, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And if true numbers will only start to go up again and nhs will be overwhelmed… partly due to lazy selfish people not wearing masks 

Nothing to do with beds being cut over the years or bed blocking that is going on up and down the country at all. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Now, now, Chief Mammy knows best and is there to think for us all and keep as safe and protected from the big bad world. 

Chief Mammy can do one ☝️ I’m big enough and pretty enough to make my own judgements . Most parents are too about their own children . They don’t need state interference . 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
On 06/04/2022 at 17:04, jonesy said:

Maybe every single one of them is plagued by chronic asthma….

😂😂😂 apparently mask wearing was a thing before covid ? Couldn’t fooled me 

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Chief Mammy can do one ☝️ I’m big enough and pretty ugly enough to make my own judgements . Most parents are too about their own children . They don’t need state interference . 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Your not meant to edit other peoples comments I believe ! Even if mildly humorous  , and I emphasis mildly 

Edited by JamesM48

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

😂😂😂 apparently mask wearing was a thing before covid ? Couldn’t fooled me 

Fool me once, shame on me,  fool me twice, Couldn’t fooled me.  😂

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Fool me once, shame on me,  fool me twice, Couldn’t fooled me.  😂

C2D3DFB7-2805-4194-A048-13FB34816F7B.jpeg.2bd23cd3954e28bffcc9b67b6cf15369.jpeg

12 hours ago, escobri said:

Didn't say I didn't like it as i never read enough to form a proper opinion 🤣.

Stopped reading most of the sniffles stuff now as it's over, or should be but power and greed is keeping it going. Political people looking after your health but letting you drink, smoke and eat your way to an early grave, mask up sleeves up old boy.

"Sniffles", TLDR.

Thank you for your insight Columbo.

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Might as well just cut to the chase; are you saying "Long Covid" is made up and in effect another excuse for the office sick note to skive off work and that kids can't get it because they get colds all the time?
Fair play on using the "I don't know anyone.." card btw.

17 hours ago, Costanza said:

:spoton:   

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How many colds have you had that lasted 4 weeks, never mind a year?

I do know two people who suffered from long covid. One a 41 year old with no health issues who could still barely walk 200 metres before being out of breath, 12 weeks after catching it, and another who was a fit lad in his 30s who played fives every week. He still couldn't taste or smell anything 8 weeks later and it took 3 months before he had the energy to get back to football.

(Both caught it before they had the vaccines)

Jambo-Jimbo
58 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I do know two people who suffered from long covid. One a 41 year old with no health issues who could still barely walk 200 metres before being out of breath, 12 weeks after catching it, and another who was a fit lad in his 30s who played fives every week. He still couldn't taste or smell anything 8 weeks later and it took 3 months before he had the energy to get back to football.

Proving once again that it wasn't just old fatties with multiple health issues who could be badly affected by covid, but also the young and fit.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

in a similar quirk of the statistics I don’t know anyone who’s caught long covid but I do know 2 people who have had big and continuing issues following their vaccine - one of whom of similar age and probably fitter than the guy you know

you know anyone who’s had issues following the vaccine?

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Proving once again that it wasn't just old fatties with multiple health issues who could be badly affected by covid, but also the young and fit.

are you sure anyone said it was exclusively those groups ?

It would be unusual that  any disease exclusively hits a certain demographic (eg lung cancer doesn’t just affect smokers) heavily weighted towards (no pun intended) that can happen and certain numbers outside those groups unless big enough (hint - much more than 2) doesn’t change that

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I wouldn't really let these haufwits bother you. It'll be reported tomorrow by Boris and his filthy Tory mates and they'll be ,  :Agree: .

Why folk with no kids are losing their shite on this , is beyond me. They have no knowledge of how to be a parent. And being an Uncle or Auntie doesn't even come close. Anyway.

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Nothing other than feeling off for a day or two.

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

ThInk recent studies have shown that the vaccine does help preventing Long Covid which is unfortunate for the 2 people you know.

There were a couple of recent articles in the Guardian on this and can't help feeling this is going to be a more pronounced health and economic impact in the next few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/03/i-have-long-covid-despair-that-government-ignores-its-blight

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/mar/23/long-covid-could-create-a-generation-affected-by-disability-expert-warns

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

in a similar quirk of the statistics I don’t know anyone who’s caught long covid but I do know 2 people who have had big and continuing issues following their vaccine - one of whom of similar age and probably fitter than the guy you know

Other than feeling rough for a couple of days, don't know anyone with longer term impacts.

Did they both get the same vaccine and was it the first jab?

13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

So over 1.7mil people aren't living with long covid? 

Hospitals aren't asking carers of patients to take people out of hospital, due to short staff? Being ill? Despite these patients having covid? 

Ambulances sitting with patients for 8.5hours at a time Due to beds being full? 

We haven't had a death toll of over 200 deaths a day, over 7 

Days 1475 deaths. 

Living with Covid 

FPzz2KbXIAkyQOG.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I had Covid-19 last week (finished isolation and negative test this week).  I'm definitely having after effects, despite my three shots - and I had a very mild dose.  The effects aren't serious, but they're obvious and annoying.  I had a Pilates class today, and everything hurt - not badly, just that every exercise and every stretch was accompanied by extra irritation and soreness, especially in my joints and tendons.  I said this to my physiotherapist, and she said she's advising everyone to avoid any strenuous or heavy cardiovascular exercise for up to 4 weeks (a bit longer for, ahem, older codgers) after becoming clear of Covid-19.  Her logic is that these effects involve damage or injury to connective tissue, and this type of damage can also be a sign of more serious damage up to and including cardiomyopathy.  I might check the advice with my GP, but I can see the point the physio is making.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
56 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Other than feeling rough for a couple of days, don't know anyone with longer term impacts.

Did they both get the same vaccine and was it the first jab?

don’t know precise details other than it wasn’t the first jab for one of them

im not disputing the risks of the vaccine are probably pretty small and I’m genuinely quite surprised that I do know of these two events that’s why I referred to it as a quirk of the statistics 

12 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I had Covid-19 last week (finished isolation and negative test this week).  I'm definitely having after effects, despite my three shots - and I had a very mild dose.  The effects aren't serious, but they're obvious and annoying.  I had a Pilates class today, and everything hurt - not badly, just that every exercise and every stretch was accompanied by extra irritation and soreness, especially in my joints and tendons.  I said this to my physiotherapist, and she said she's advising everyone to avoid any strenuous or heavy cardiovascular exercise for up to 4 weeks (a bit longer for, ahem, older codgers) after becoming clear of Covid-19.  Her logic is that these effects involve damage or injury to connective tissue, and this type of damage can also be a sign of more serious damage up to and including cardiomyopathy.  I might check the advice with my GP, but I can see the point the physio is making.

Hope it gets better.

Definitely chimes with a friend of mine who after covid a couple of weeks ago, was still breathless trying to climb stairs so giving exercise a miss for a while.

I've got Covid just now and other than manageable headache and muscle ache and a weird brain fog I had on Thursday which meant I had to stop work, it's not been too bad. 

Does make you wonder how it would have been though with a stronger variant and without 3 shots.

12 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

don’t know precise details other than it wasn’t the first jab for one of them

im not disputing the risks of the vaccine are probably pretty small and I’m genuinely quite surprised that I do know of these two events that’s why I referred to it as a quirk of the statistics 

Was just interested as wondered if a particular vaccine; have seen reports of some people getting an adverse reaction but doesn't seem to be too prevalent thankfully.

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I wouldn't really let these haufwits bother you. It'll be reported tomorrow by Boris and his filthy Tory mates and they'll be ,  :Agree: .

Why folk with no kids are losing their shite on this , is beyond me. They have no knowledge of how to be a parent. And being an Uncle or Auntie doesn't even come close. Anyway.

How many weans does Chief Mammy have ? That's right. NONE . In my experience a lot of parents have no knowledge of being a parent.  50,000 kids plus in Scotland should be removed from their parents but there are not enough foster places or children's homes for them to go to .  Their parents / parent are not evidencing " good enough parenting " to these children.  And furthermore most abuse of children is by a family member. 

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How many weans does Chief Mammy have ? That's right. NONE . In my experience a lot of parents have no knowledge of being a parent.  50,000 kids plus in Scotland should be removed from their parents but there are not enough foster places or children's homes for them to go to .  Their parents / parent are not evidencing " good enough parenting " to these children.  And furthermore most abuse of children is by a family member. 

How many bairns do you have James?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )