Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
15 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think it might depend on the time people shop, I was in early and most shopping then were young folks or workers on their way to work. If the shops are rammed then I think the older ones will still probably wear them. I will still carry a mask and judge when it's still wise to use it. I think the majority will probably be like that for quite a while yet.

I'd tend to agree with that, as it's mostly older folks whom I see wearing masks in cars, in the streets and the last two days at my local Co-op.  Today there was 7 customers in when I was in just after 10 this morning, all were oldies, only one (me) wasn't wearing a mask.

Like I said yesterday, it could be a confidence thing, as I overheard two of the old wifey's talking and one said that she's still too scared not to wear a mask in the shop, hopefully as time progresses she and many many more will be more relaxed and confident about not wearing a mask.

I totally get making your own judgement calls, and like I said if I went through to Edinburgh or another city, I would see what it's like and then decide whether to wear a mask or not.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster

I live in the north of England. Nobody and I mean literally nobody wears a mask. Young, old, white, ethnic minorities. Makes no difference.

JudyJudyJudy

Was in my local library earlier. Poor staff all masked up.   Still have the glass shields up too.  Dearie me. Let it go. Thatll be the Local council diktats.  

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I live in the north of England. Nobody and I mean literally nobody wears a mask. Young, old, white, ethnic minorities. Makes no difference.

👍

New Town Loafer
25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Was in my local library earlier. Poor staff all masked up.   Still have the glass shields up too.  Dearie me. Let it go. Thatll be the Local council diktats.  

Was just in Lochend/Meadowbank and the big Sainsbury’s was absolutely full of people in masks. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Was just in Lochend/Meadowbank and the big Sainsbury’s was absolutely full of people in masks. 

I was in my local Sainsbury and it was similar. As others have said itll take some people some time to make the adjustment. If they wish to of course. 

Unknown user

Been in 2 shops today, in one everyone was wearing a mask, 8/8, in the other one there were more people, maybe 20, but I saw 4 people without masks. I wore mine, of course, and tutted at the minority of selfish monsters, but that's the beauty of the mask - no one can see who was tutting, and they blame the nearest middle aged woman who looks a bit Kareny.

Wore it on the bypass too, can't be too careful.

Nobody wears masks in shops here now.

In fact, nobody wears them anywhere except on trains and buses.

New Town Loafer

Might ask the missus to wear one during sex so I can pretend it’s her bro…sister. 

37 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was in Livingston today few people still have them on majority don’t. Stopped wearing one a long time ago.

I reckon some of the folk in Livingston shopping centre (is it still called McArthur Glen?) have been wearing masks for many years, and for many reasons.  :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I reckon some of the folk in Livingston shopping centre (is it still called McArthur Glen?) have been wearing masks for many years, and for many reasons.  :thumbsup:

😂

The only time a mask wearer would really bother me is if they were pointing a gun or knife and saying empty your pockets on the table. Its not the weapons that scare me its the embarrassment about how little I really have to give them.

JudyJudyJudy

Just back from pub meal. Surreal in some ways now. No need to check in. No need to be guided to a table.  No need for a mask . No partition glass shields.  Only downside have to order at the bar now :) 

Unknown user
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Just back from pub meal. Surreal in some ways now. No need to check in. No need to be guided to a table.  No need for a mask . No partition glass shields.  Only downside have to order at the bar now :) 

Mind when you were all "mark my words" that this was an excuse to bring in permanent restrictions, that we'd all need vaccine passports so They can keep track of us?

Hopefully we've all learned something about hysterical overreactions

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Mind when you were all "mark my words" that this was an excuse to bring in permanent restrictions, that we'd all need vaccine passports so They can keep track of us?

still need vaccine passports to travel . so im still correct . until they go ill no be happy. in fact seeing workers in places like the library yesterday saddened me as im guessing they have been told by this hopeless council to still wear them. poor workers.  thats the snp for you though   Have a great day and cheer up sunshine

New Town Loafer
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He’s right. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

still need vaccine passports to travel . so im still correct . until they go ill no be happy. in fact seeing workers in places like the library yesterday saddened me as im guessing they have been told by this hopeless council to still wear them. poor workers.  thats the snp for you though   Have a great day and cheer up sunshine

You'll no be happy after they go either, it's kind of your thing!

Just once, could you not just say "Yeah, I was a bit OTT actually" instead of this constant Trumping about the place?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:lol: christ, it's infectious

You really hate people with a difference of opinion dont you ? Dearie me. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You'll no be happy after they go either, it's kind of your thing!

Just once, could you not just say "Yeah, I was a bit OTT actually" instead of this constant Trumping about the place?

I wasnt over the top. I was completely right about most of the things i said during covid and restrictions.  

Unknown user
Just now, JamesM48 said:

You really hate people with a difference of opinion dont you ? Dearie me. 

Hate? You won't find much hatred from me James, projecting much?

Unknown user
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I wasnt over the top. I was completely right about most of the things i said during covid and restrictions.  

:lolpoint:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Hate? You won't find much hatred from me James, projecting much?

I dont hate anyone. Never have. Dislike maybe but never hate.  Hate consumes a person and ultimately destroys them so no hate from me . Maybe a strong dislike.  

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I dont hate anyone. Never have. Dislike maybe but never hate.  Hate consumes a person and ultimately destroys them so no hate from me . Maybe a strong dislike.  

I'm not into hatred myself, I go out of my way to avoid using the word and to make sure it's not something that troubles me. When you've been away for a decade and come back, it's really noticeable how many Scottish sentences start with "I hate..."

So throw away your accusations, I don't hate people, but I do have very little respect for hysterical overreaction.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not into hatred myself, I go out of my way to avoid using the word and to make sure it's not something that troubles me. When you've been away for a decade and come back, it's really noticeable how many Scottish sentences start with "I hate..."

So throw away your accusations, I don't hate people, but I do have very little respect for hysterical overreaction.

Scotland's an angry place imo...with too much hate.

I'm with you, hate should be reserved for very few things.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

hysterical overreaction

see your no helping your case by language like that., 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

see your no helping your case by language like that., 

Well I doubt you speak Dutch and I'm out of options after that!

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well I doubt you speak Dutch and I'm out of options after that!

tumblr_mrtxysjuyF1s472k1o1_250.gif

William H. Bonney

Masks off Monday. Two days of freedom. Test positive on Wednesday. 
I’ve been feeling rough for a few days now. I wonder if I caught it at hampden. 

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve been amazed how long I’ve managed to dodge it for but finally caught it. 

Think I’m reasonably lucky, as feel like I’ve little more than a head cold. Though my hearing is blocked which is really annoying. 

The wife has to go to bed with it and she’s seems to have a mild flu. 

What are the current self isolation requirements?

According to government advice if you have Covid-19 symptoms you should self-isolate “immediately” and book a PCR test. If you test positive, you should self-isolate for 10 days from the date your symptoms started.

If you’ve had a positive PCR or lateral flow test result but no symptoms, you should still self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your test.

You should only end self-isolation after two negative lateral flow tests in a row from day six onwards taken 24 hours apart.

If you continue to test positive, or are not testing yourself, you can end self-isolation early on the 11th day after the symptoms started so long as you feel better and don’t have a high temperature.

If you’re a close contact of someone with the virus but you are fully vaccinated, you can take daily lateral flow tests instead of self-isolating.

JudyJudyJudy
53 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve been amazed how long I’ve managed to dodge it for but finally caught it. 

Think I’m reasonably lucky, as feel like I’ve little more than a head cold. Though my hearing is blocked which is really annoying. 

The wife has to go to bed with it and she’s seems to have a mild flu. 

What are the current self isolation requirements?

I had it in Jan cold sare throat and dry cough for two days and that was it . 

Thought I had it again last week as had a cough and blocked nose , still got it but getting better now , tested a few times but not Covid . Suppose we have to get used to having a common cold too and not become para that it’s covid.  I have heard loads people have had it ( common cold ) recently . However there was def a difference between how I felt with covid and this though . 

get well soon 

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

:lol: christ, it's infectious

Were you happy at the Canadians freezing bank accounts or the Australians forcing people into quarantine camps? 

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Were you happy at the Canadians freezing bank accounts or the Australians forcing people into quarantine camps? 

Oh aye, events on other continents often get me tumescent, you've fair got my number

FB_IMG_1647300929757.jpg.fe1c19694c0c248ebd2cf6e8c6f9888b.jpg

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

Have the ScotGov emergency powers ended now?

No they still have them. 
 You would expect them to give them uo

now but not holding my breath

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Scotland's an angry place imo...with too much hate.

I'm with you, hate should be reserved for very few things.

You not seen his comments on the Tory’s thread ? 

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

No they still have them. 
 You would expect them to give them uo

now but not holding my breath

Nope she cannae let go . Enjoying her Eva Peron moment in the sun 

JudyJudyJudy

Anyway Face mask update on buses

been on three today . And the results are ; 

On bus trip one ; 12 people on the bus 4 wearing masks 

On second bud trip 5 people on the bus - 4 wearing masks 

on bus 3 ; 5 people on bus 2 wearing masks 

mon the maskless !!!! 

Dennis Reynolds

Been in a few shops since Monday. Couldn't tell you how many people were wearing masks as I just don't care. Folk need to let it go 👍

You know reading JKB from miles and years away it strikes me we Scots are an argumentive bunch, and reserve a lot of distaste for others especially their opinions and choices.. Many years ago I was involved in a disciplinary process. The accused at one point said to me, I the Hearing officer, Sir you won't remember, the Union President his defender said , hold on, this man's memory is unbelievable, and he never forgets a grudge.  my wife when I would say aye he's awrite the now, but I'll get him, my wife would say, Rob forget it you are always going to get someone. I guess if I was still there I would be a pro mask activist and Esther would be saying Rob let them do what they want with  or without masks, it's none of your business.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You not seen his comments on the Tory’s thread ? 

Who me? It's a curse on the world, I refuse to waste my emotional energy on hatred.

Dislike? Sure. Contempt? Definitely. Hatred? Nah not me. The closest I'll get is on the subject of Alex Jones but even then, I wouldn't call it hatred.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who me? It's a curse on the world, I refuse to waste my emotional energy on hatred.

Dislike? Sure. Contempt? Definitely. Hatred? Nah not me. The closest I'll get is on the subject of Alex Jones but even then, I wouldn't call it hatred.

Ok fair enough 👍👍

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

With a potential £18M contract just handed out the passports will still be around for a while, though mostly for international use.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, escobri said:

With a potential £18M contract just handed out the passports will still be around for a while, though mostly for international use.

dramatic-swoon-gif-11.gif

Shottie

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )