• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roxy Hearts
21 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

How many colds have you had that lasted 4 weeks, never mind a year?

I do know two people who suffered from long covid. One a 41 year old with no health issues who could still barely walk 200 metres before being out of breath, 12 weeks after catching it, and another who was a fit lad in his 30s who played fives every week. He still couldn't taste or smell anything 8 weeks later and it took 3 months before he had the energy to get back to football.

(Both caught it before they had the vaccines)

I've got long covid. Sense of taste and smell hasn't recovered since July! Still get occasional twinge in my left arm after 2nd vac from January.

11 hours ago, Costanza said:

Hope it gets better.

Definitely chimes with a friend of mine who after covid a couple of weeks ago, was still breathless trying to climb stairs so giving exercise a miss for a while.

I've got Covid just now and other than manageable headache and muscle ache and a weird brain fog I had on Thursday which meant I had to stop work, it's not been too bad. 

Does make you wonder how it would have been though with a stronger variant and without 3 shots.

Weirdly, my breathing hasn't been an issue during or after.  Hope yours clears soon without any issues.

The situation in a locked down city of some 26 million. No end of lockdown given, people not even allowed out of their apartment except for round the clock covid testing which, if you test positive, sees you carted off to a quarantine camp.

Apps for food deliveries crash at 6:00am when the ordering system reopens,  by 6:01am the stock is completely gone.  

Horrendous. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The situation in a locked down city of some 26 million. No end of lockdown given, people not even allowed out of their apartment except for round the clock covid testing which, if you test positive, sees you carted off to a quarantine camp.

Apps for food deliveries crash at 6:00am when the ordering system reopens,  by 6:01am the stock is completely gone.  

Horrendous. 

And also futile. They are failing to quash the numbers.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

zero covid - mind all those Twitter experts and the experts on here that thought it just wasn’t happening because we weren’t doing it right

blaming wee jock smith for going out for an extra walk and / or not wearing his face mask

we’re an island too just like New Zealand is    

:(

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Horrendous. 

Meanwhile, in Scotland, grown adults are throwing tantrums about being asked to pop a bit of cloth over their nose and mouth when they go to the supermarket.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Meanwhile, in Scotland, grown adults are throwing tantrums about being asked to pop a bit of cloth over their nose and mouth when they go to the supermarket.

by challenging the big-wigs those selfless human-rights warriors are saving / have saved the beaten-down population here from ending up in a situation where they’re screaming out their windows

:)

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Horrendous. 

Social unrest & looting breaking out now.

https://news.sky.com/video/shanghai-unrest-over-lockdown-rules-12587915

9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

by challenging the big-wigs those selfless human-rights warriors are saving / have saved the beaten-down population here from ending up in a situation where they’re screaming out their windows

Really? They haven't even succeeded in getting rid of the mask regulations they are moaning about, never mind some imaginary laws that Scotland never even tried to implement.

Edited by Ray Gin

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Really? They haven't even succeeded in getting rid of the mask regulations they are moaning about, never mind some imaginary laws that Scotland never even tried to implement.

yeah really - plenty instances of the government behavioural scientists referring to the likelihood of compliance and protest from the public and how they had to take that into account when setting “the rules”

make a selfless protest  against the random cloth rule sets the marker for more severe restrictions and so on that’s generally how it works

its not all about removing that one rule

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yeah really - plenty instances of the government behavioural scientists referring to the likelihood of compliance and protest from the public and how they had to take that into account when setting “the rules”

make a selfless protest  against the random cloth rule sets the marker for more severe restrictions and so on that’s generally how it works

its not all about removing that one rule

A selfless protest :rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

some just want it to never end really. half empty glasses types and never rains but it pours. Most people are just getting on with things and most people now feel if you wanna wear a mask wear one who the deck cares but just dont force me to wear one. its that simple now. as we can see in china enforced mask wearing has gone really well. 

What we're seeing in Shanghai is what a proper approach to zero-Covid would need to look like. Even doing that, it still won't work.

People who advocated for zero-Covid and the Chinese approach are headbangers.

8 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

zero covid - mind all those Twitter experts and the experts on here that thought it just wasn’t happening because we weren’t doing it right

blaming wee jock smith for going out for an extra walk and / or not wearing his face mask

we’re an island too just like New Zealand is    

:(

The argument being made back then was that if the purpose of our lockdown was to prevent transmission, we should have closed our borders more tightly than we did, and been quicker to stop flights from places with high numbers/variant of concern.  Not having adjoining land borders would help to make us less porous if we took those additional measures.  But in typical UK fashion of late, we ended up with a fudge that meant our lockdown was both less effective and much longer. 

The point was always to reduce the length of lockdown, not usher in some dystopian, authoritative regime like they are enduring in Shanghai. No-one in this country would accept such draconian measures. 

Apologies if this is too nuanced for you. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

The argument being made back then was that if the purpose of our lockdown was to prevent transmission, we should have closed our borders more tightly than we did, and been quicker to stop flights from places with high numbers/variant of concern.  Not having adjoining land borders would help to make us less porous if we took those additional measures.  But in typical UK fashion of late, we ended up with a fudge that meant our lockdown was both less effective and much longer. 

The point was always to reduce the length of lockdown, not usher in some dystopian, authoritative regime like they are enduring in Shanghai. No-one in this country would accept such draconian measures. 

^^^ one of the ‘we’re an island like New Zealand’ crew

apologies if that’s too straight-forward and fact-laden for you :)

3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

^^^ one of the ‘we’re an island like New Zealand’ crew

apologies if that’s too straight-forward and fact-laden for you :)

:laugh:  About as deep as a sheet of graphene.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
59 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

:laugh:  About as deep as a sheet of graphene.  

will a level of understanding it’s fairly straight-forward to make the points succinctly

an alternative approach is to sway from pillar to post about Devi’s latest zero-covid tweets, copying New Zealand as it’s also an island, and the latest of “where it’s at” on a leopard ate my face

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Spot on.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, Taffin said:

What we're seeing in Shanghai is what a proper approach to zero-Covid would need to look like. Even doing that, it still won't work.

People who advocated for zero-Covid and the Chinese approach are headbangers.

to give it one of its Sunday names it was the “East Asian and Pacific model of elimination” as dictated by Devi 

but nobody actually did back that on here - ever :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Confirmation of the end of mandatory mask use from Monday

So places can still ask you to wear a mask and refuse you service if you don’t ? Is that what “ guidance “ means ? Just asking , not being argumentative 

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Confirmation of the end of mandatory mask use from Monday

So places can still ask you to wear a mask and refuse you service if you don’t ? Is that what “ guidance “ means ? Just asking , not being argumentative 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Where are you reading that?

Businesses can already refuse to serve anyone without giving you a reason, e.g. pubs.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Businesses can already refuse to serve anyone without giving you a reason, e.g. pubs.

Yes I know that . But can the explicitly refuse to serve people who aren’t wearing a mask and state that ? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I did work In a pub ! 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I know that . But can the explicitly refuse to serve people who aren’t wearing a mask and state that ? 

:vrface:

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I did work In a pub ! 

"Is that what guidance means?" 

You are being argumentative, by linking "guidance" on mask wearing to the freedom of businesses to serve who they choose.  There is nothing in today's announcement that suggests that businesses should act as you suggest.

I take it you are in an empty room. :conf11: 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

5C3B91A5-B370-4C08-A5C1-B4A50DA21E5C.gif

Are you going to spend the next months getting on with living a life or making up tales about being asked to wear a mask by a made up rude worker in some place you've visited?

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Are you going to spend the next months getting on with living a life or making up tales about being asked to wear a mask by a made up rude worker in some place you've visited?

II will get on with my life as I have been in the last while sans mask. .  Made my own risk assessment a long time ago. I don't need chief mammy to " look after " me . Thank you. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

II will get on with my life as I have been in the last while sans mask. .  Made my own risk assessment a long time ago. I don't need chief mammy to " look after " me . Thank you. 

Answer the question asked plz.  

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Answer the question asked plz.  

I have never made up any tales regarding this issue. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

You are being argumentative, by linking "guidance" on mask wearing to the freedom of businesses to serve who they choose.  There is nothing in today's announcement that suggests that businesses should act as you suggest.

:laugh2:

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Ok keep your hair on . 

2 hours ago, escobri said:

Its never been mandatory to wear a mask, its never been about masks 🐑

Looks like some can’t handle not having the comfort blanket of chief mammy and her almost ineffective dictats such as mask wearing . It’ll take time for some  people to get used to not being indoctrinated I guess . Freedom day Monday it is ( Just need to get rid of the hopeless travel vaccine passports though) 

Cairneyhill Jambo
3 hours ago, escobri said:

Its never been mandatory to wear a mask, its never been about masks 🐑

In certain indoor areas  it has been mandatory unless you are exempt.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Freedom day Monday it is ( Just need to get rid of the hopeless travel vaccine passports though) 

Are you going to slag off Macron, Scholz, Rutte, Biden and co. for maintaining restrictions on unvaccinated visitors or is it all Krankie's fault.

Edited by Footballfirst

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Are you going to slag off Macron, Scholz, Rutte, Biden and co. for maintaining restrictions on unvaccinated visitors or is it all Krankie's fault.

None of my business what those countries do as I don’t live there . It has zero impact on me . 

Footballfirst
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

None of my business what those countries do as I don’t live there . It has zero impact on me . 

I thought you were concerned about those "hopeless travel vaccine passports".

Are you telling us that your concern is about something that is none of your business and has zero impact on you?

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

:drummer:

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

:glorious:

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I have never made up any tales regarding this issue. 

:rofl:

mrmarkus1981_1

Has anyone who has had Covid lost their sense of smell/taste?

Any idea when i can expect it back?

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Anyone had a fake track and trace text?

The Mrs received a text a few weeks ago.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )