• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now it's over. Time for independence and rid us of the overlords who cost us 12000 souls. Hoose jocks are free to leave at any time .

Edited by ri Alban

Lord Montpelier
10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your right, she might get prosecuted.

Where you never would.

Broke the law and should be prosecuted .

Or at least that's the line the SNP would take if it was a nasty Conservative 

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Broke the law and should be prosecuted .

Or at least that's the line the SNP would take if it was a nasty Conservative 

No chance. The Chief Constable is appointed by the Scottish Police Authority subject to approval from the Scottish Ministers, in other words the First Minister. An SNP spokesperson has already said that this was a momentary lapse of only a 'few seconds'. Sounds like a very public word in the ear to the Chief Constable.

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, henryheart said:

No chance. The Chief Constable is appointed by the Scottish Police Authority subject to approval from the Scottish Ministers, in other words the First Minister. An SNP spokesperson has already said that this was a momentary lapse of only a 'few seconds'. Sounds like a very public word in the ear to the Chief Constable.

Yeah nothing will happen. However the public humiliation is to savour really. 

50 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah nothing will happen. However the public humiliation is to savour really. 

And yet she still wants the public to continue wearing masks 😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

aye well she knows what she can do with that advice.

Also her civil servant still crawling up her bahookey.  He really shouldn't be defending her with the non mask wearing incident as he even admits in the article he doesn't know the full story but still decided to defend her

Jason Leitch criticised for defending Nicola Sturgeon over face mask fallout as police assess complaint | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

Good to see our unionist friends out in force trying to suggest this is in some way comparable with multiple parties at Downing Street! Absolute desperation!! Manalive sitting in his wee bedsit with his semi erect boaby in hand! 😂

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Public humiliation😂😂😂😂Mr u turn has lost it once again 😂😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Public humiliation😂😂😂😂Mr u turn has lost it once again 😂😂😂😂

What are on about?? 

All roads lead to Gorgie

My observation this morning in a supermarket I visited was about 75% of customers had discarded masks but about half of the staff were still using them. 

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

My observation this morning in a supermarket I visited was about 75% of customers had discarded masks but about half of the staff were still using them. 

I'm wearing 2. You're all welcome.

New Town Loafer

Fewer and fewer have been wearing them of late. Not been into a shop yet to see what the score is today, but did see a bus driver wearing one earlier.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Earlier I saw a guy on his own driving a car with one on. 

This is one thing I've never understood.  Who are you wearing the mask for in your concealed vehicle?

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nothing to do with Covid though :biggrin2:

Indeed, I live in central Scotland, it's more the ronk than anything else

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This is one thing I've never understood.  Who are you wearing the mask for in your concealed vehicle?

Someone sleeping in the back? Someone who's doing a short drive between 2 mask wearing places (as I did on deliveries)? 

Our maybe they're just some handsome Jimmy rustler.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Someone sleeping in the back? Someone who's doing a short drive between 2 mask wearing places (as I did on deliveries)? 

Our maybe they're just some handsome Jimmy rustler.

You see it frequently with cars driving away from supermarkets, but its their choice I guess...

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm wearing 2. You're all welcome.

I'm wearing 10. Got about 50 of the feckers left over. Waste not want not.

Footballfirst

The mask refuseniks will be furious. One rule for the government and another for everyone else (apart from themselves of course). :whistling:

Edited by Footballfirst

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I seen the opposite this morning, of the 6-7 people in my local Co-op only 2 were without masks, myself and some workman, the other customers were all wearing face masks as were every member of staff which I seen.

It's going to take time for some people to gain the confidence not to wear them, sadly for a small number they'll never gain that confidence, I still see on a regular basis people wearing face masks on near enough empty streets and wearing face masks in cars, there's a wifey down the road from me who does this, she leaves her house and gets into her car then puts her mask on, drives the half mile to the local Co-op does her shopping and drives back, parks the car then takes her mask off, why she doesn't put it on and take it off in the Co-op carpark beats me.

As they say there's nothing stranger than folk.

It did feel strange not wearing one today, it is the best part of 2 years that most people have done so, so yeh, it's going to take time I think.  If I went through to Edinburgh I might still wear one, simply because of the number of people, I'd have to judge it at the time and then make the call, but out here in the country I just don't see the same need to wear them.

The Mighty Thor
20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Those who are most vociferous about those not wearing masks are those who refuse to wear them anyway

There's about half a dozen of them bumping their gums over 3 different threads.

46 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The mask refuseniks will be furious. One rule for the government and another for everyone else (apart from themselves of course). :whistling:

Just for them 

68625-funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Give it time, it took a while down here too, but eventually people regained their sanity.

I’m glad I was ahead of the crowd in regaining my sanity 😂

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl::rofl:

It was great to see her luck run out just at the very end and she came a cropper , fabulous . 

pa is Boris still in number 10 ? 😂

E35337E1-C32C-4740-960C-D2697AB00F3F.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Without doubt there will be some who will be furious, guaranteed.

Seymour M Hersh

My wife and I took a drive up to Dunkeld today. It was so pleasant to walk into shops, bars and hotels without having to put on one of these blessed things. 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

concerned about the decrease in his pay packet. He can deck right off where the sun dont shine. Goodbye. 

I wish the same to you

sincerely

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Being someone with a short memory span, when masks were mandatory I would arrive at my destination and walk in only to be reminded I had forgotten my mask, I eliminated that by putting on my mask on entry into my vehicle. If it bothered someone looking in my vehicle  I  would say f...em,mind your own goddamn business. And I am still big enough and man enough to back it up, mask or no mask.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I wish the same to you

sincerely

I think you are mistaking me for someone who gives a f%%% about whatever you say. 

Thanks'

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think you are mistaking me for someone who gives a f%%% about whatever you say. 

Thanks'

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

Sounds like you and I have taken off our masks of being nice guys.😁

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Without doubt there will be some who will be furious, guaranteed.

Oh! quite a few drama queens on here will be displaying mock outrage.

sad sacks

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Sounds like you and I have taken off our masks of being nice guys.😁

He always starts the abuse Sharpie . Im just responding in like.  

Edited by JamesM48

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I seen the opposite this morning, of the 6-7 people in my local Co-op only 2 were without masks, myself and some workman, the other customers were all wearing face masks as were every member of staff which I seen.

It's going to take time for some people to gain the confidence not to wear them, sadly for a small number they'll never gain that confidence, I still see on a regular basis people wearing face masks on near enough empty streets and wearing face masks in cars, there's a wifey down the road from me who does this, she leaves her house and gets into her car then puts her mask on, drives the half mile to the local Co-op does her shopping and drives back, parks the car then takes her mask off, why she doesn't put it on and take it off in the Co-op carpark beats me.

As they say there's nothing stranger than folk.

It did feel strange not wearing one today, it is the best part of 2 years that most people have done so, so yeh, it's going to take time I think.  If I went through to Edinburgh I might still wear one, simply because of the number of people, I'd have to judge it at the time and then make the call, but out here in the country I just don't see the same need to wear them.

I think it might depend on the time people shop, I was in early and most shopping then were young folks or workers on their way to work. If the shops are rammed then I think the older ones will still probably wear them. I will still carry a mask and judge when it's still wise to use it. I think the majority will probably be like that for quite a while yet.

The Dragon Reborn
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not sure I could take anything Alex tweets seriously. He makes Nigel Farage look logical and reasonable going by his Twitter feed 😳

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Which is how it should have been from the get go.

Maybe not from the get go but once the vaccines were rolled out then the situation was different, I agree.

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Which is how it should have been from the get go.

Nah thats allowing people to make their own personal risk assessment. That's far too respectful from the SG.  They like to nanny their populous. It permeates through much of their ideology. 

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Give it time, it took a while down here too, but eventually people regained their sanity.

Aye Taff, Scotland are only 9 months behind England.

Say that out loud, it's unbelievable

Space Mackerel

Are the Yoons on here still greeting about face nappies but they don’t have to wear? 
Maybe they should tie them round their crotch area now? 

Edited by Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No, some people are discussing the legacy of the mandated wearing of masks which, by their own admission, the SG brought in with limited to no evidence to support. Whether or not the people discussing it support or oppose independence doesn't have much to do with it unless your entire worldview is blinkered by the petty and destructive politics of Nationalism.

Thanks for your valued input, however.

And as for wrapping the masks around the crotch, I believe that's known colloquially as the Hamilton Gambit.

You think the health professionals , surgeons, doctors and nurses all around the world working in hospitals are trolling you? 

That’s some stretch. 

Good yin. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, jonesy said:

Yes, that's exactly how I see it 😀 

I do believe there was a domino effect of rushed 'measures', many of which appeared, to me, arbitrary and inconsistent. The face masks were the tip of the iceberg, but as this is the face mask thread, it's what we can focus on.

Properly worn, high grade masks obviously help prevent the spread of droplets from respiratory system to respiratory system. Demanding Auld Brenda wrap a 30 year old Hibs scarf around her blotchy puss as she wheels her shopping in and out of the various establishments on Constitution Street, less so.

There is, in some contexts, a tradition of personal freedom and choice in this country (and I honestly don't care if you interpret that to be Scotland or the UK, whichever works) which hopefully continues. The very fact that virtually nowhere tried to enforce a mask policy due to self-certifying exemption clauses is testament to that. However, judging by some comments, it would appear that some prefer being told what to do and then judging those who find such measures chaffing. 

, judging by some comments, it would appear that some prefer being told what to do and then judging those who find such measures chaffing. 

Not just like being told what to do but explicitly wanting others to mask up too. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )