Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Back in about August 2020 I remember seeing more discarded masks on the streets of Newington than on people’s faces.

**** sake why can’t people who wear mask dispose of them properly.

Selfish twits 

Tommy Brown
32 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Selfish twits 

I thought Twits were those who didn't wear maks.

This is so confusing... I blame our Hamilton correspondent

Harry Potter
38 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Selfish twits 

Bit like fag ends, macdonalds wrappers, no end to what folk will dump.

While im here its personal choice on wearing a mask, still dont get wearing one in a car, ok if you have a passenger , but otherwise no.

18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway Face mask update on buses

been on three today . And the results are ; 

On bus trip one ; 12 people on the bus 4 wearing masks 

On second bud trip 5 people on the bus - 4 wearing masks 

on bus 3 ; 5 people on bus 2 wearing masks 

mon the maskless !!!! 

:cornette:

I've just tested positive again after having it late December. According to the NHS app i had immunity but apparently not. Pretty sure i got it sometime during the Hampden day out.

In between getting it in December and now i had my 3rd booster. Still somehow managed to get it again. Same symptoms, scratchy throat, blocked nose

1 hour ago, MrBones said:

I've just tested positive again after having it late December. According to the NHS app i had immunity but apparently not. Pretty sure i got it sometime during the Hampden day out.

In between getting it in December and now i had my 3rd booster. Still somehow managed to get it again. Same symptoms, scratchy throat, blocked nose

Completely in line with current theory.  A new 'record' has just been observed in Spain.  A woman tested positive with separate infections (Delta and Omicron) 20 days apart.

They're saying that everyone can expect at least two infections over the projected course of the pandemic era of CV.  Most will get a version of it many times more.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, MrBones said:

Im fairly sure I got it at hampden too. Was worth it I guess, even though I feel rotten. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I thought Twits were those who didn't wear maks.

This is so confusing... I blame our Hamilton correspondent

:biggrin:

Nucky Thompson

Another face mask update. Technically it's England, but 95% of the people here in Haggerston Castle are Scots.

There's probably 2,000 people in the complex over all the bars, amusements and restaurant and I kid you not, there's not one single mask visible.

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another face mask update. Technically it's England, but 95% of the people here in Haggerston Castle are Scots.

There's probably 2,000 people in the complex over all the bars, amusements and restaurant and I kid you not, there's not one single mask visible.

Try to forget about it and get on with enjoying your holiday would be my advice.

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Quite simply because, despite what all the anti-mask brigade would tell you, the vast vast vast majority of people who wore masks done so because it was the law and not because they were scared of Covid. No longer law, no longer wearing masks.

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Quite simply because, despite what all the anti-mask brigade would tell you, the vast vast vast majority of people who wore masks done so because it was the law and not because they were scared of Covid. No longer law, no longer wearing masks.

I wore mines in shops and buses out of respect .

But aye I know of no one now that doesn't think it was a load of shite.

Absolutely no science behind it.

The disgraceful thing for me was we allowed it to happen to our children.

I feel real antipathy to that dentist.

Oh and the environmental cost.

Jeez what a con

Just now, Ked said:

Jeez what a con

Yeah I wore mine in shops, public transport, work and in restaurants etc. They've never been a 'thing' in my local so I never wore one in there.

The rules were ridiculous/nonsensical in hospitality settings.

Very few people capable of listening to and remembering stuff ever believed that mask wearers were wearing them out of concern of being infected.  That's just a bogus jibe invented by the nasty minded.

I've been surprised at how many people still wear them.  You would need to have lived underground for the last two years to have missed the information that face coverings have next to no benefit for the wearer.  The only other conclusion is that wearers are doing it in order to continue being considerate to others.

Counting masks.  Ffs.  Re-enter your lives you freaks.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Great to hear ! England has lead the way in every through the covid fiasco 

4 hours ago, Ked said:

Jeez what a con

I did for a while till I realised it was a load of shite really . It was Over reach by Govt to control their population really . Completely agree regarding scaring rhe shite out of children by making them wears them. I honestly think the two years has been state sponsored terrorism from the Govt . 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Very few people capable of listening to and remembering stuff ever believed that mask wearers were wearing them out of concern of being infected.  That's just a bogus jibe invented by the nasty minded.

I've been surprised at how many people still wear them.  You would need to have lived underground for the last two years to have missed the information that face coverings have next to no benefit for the wearer.  The only other conclusion is that wearers are doing it in order to continue being considerate to others.

Counting masks.  Ffs.  Re-enter your lives you freaks.

We love counting masks , if you don’t like it get back to the Tory thread with your childish / manic comments about the Tories 😎 mon the maskless 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Yeah I wore mine in shops, public transport, work and in restaurants etc. They've never been a 'thing' in my local so I never wore one in there.

The rules were ridiculous/nonsensical in hospitality settings.

In years to come historians will look on that period with incredulity . How and why did people just roll over and surrender their civil rights ? 

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

7/10 maskless on my one bus journey today . 😎👍 

bajthejambo

It's quite incredible how different people at work look without them. I forgotten I'd only ever known most them wearing masks.

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

We love counting masks , if you don’t like it get back to the Tory thread with your childish / manic comments about the Tories 😎 mon the maskless 

:cornette:

The Dragon Reborn
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I honestly think the two years has been state sponsored terrorism from the Govt . 

Do you know what the definition of terrorism is?

Samuel Camazzola

Is mask counting an advanced version of dot counting? 😄

I'm looking forward to the Tannadice episode which covers bus/train journey and in stadia activity. 🧐

25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Vic, I respect your opinion after our numerous run ins on the covid thread, but the notion that folk are wearing masks out of consideration for others is as ludicrous as it is untrue.

I don't see how tbh.  It's widely understood that wearing a non-medical mask provides virtually no benefit to the wearer.  The entire concept was to convince everyone to wear one to reduce the amount of virus being exhaled into the surrounding air.  This in order to primarily benefit other people.

Based on the surprising continuation of mask wearing I've seen,  it seems to me very unlikely that so many people have misunderstood the purpose of face coverings.  

Both sides still bickering over a paper muzzle. Looking at the size of individual post counts, you're without doubt not shaggers or wankers...:horny:

Edited by OBE

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Vic, I respect your opinion after our numerous run ins on the covid thread, but the notion that folk are wearing masks out of consideration for others is as ludicrous as it is untrue.

True 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I don't see how tbh.  It's widely understood that wearing a non-medical mask provides virtually no benefit to the wearer.  The entire concept was to convince everyone to wear one to reduce the amount of virus being exhaled into the surrounding air.  This in order to primarily benefit other people.

Based on the surprising continuation of mask wearing I've seen,  it seems to me very unlikely that so many people have misunderstood the purpose of face coverings.  

Mask wearing was the most important and effective tenet of the propaganda / fear campaign . Goebbles would have been proud of it . 

9687272D-6011-4A30-8B6A-7D78F266A6C2.jpeg

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I get the concept, but from experience in Asia and here, most folk I have spoken to wear masks because they are a)told to or b)because they don't want to catch Covid.

Perhaps you're giving the general public more credit than they deserve!

Could be. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Could be. 

You could indeed be, remember you deal with joe public on a daily basis, do you not?

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I get the concept, but from experience in Asia and here, most folk I have spoken to wear masks because they are a)told to or b)because they don't want to catch Covid.

Perhaps you're giving the general public more credit than they deserve!

I'm a bit of a) and a bit of what @Victorian says.

a) Because that's why we have governments, they check with the experts and then make the rules. I might not like the rules but as part of a democracy I follow them, I might even lobby my MP to try to get them changed or I might vote against the party that imposed them. Anything else is heading down the anarchy road.

Maybe it's just me and @Victorian but I've known for quite some time that wearing a face mask was for the potential benefit of others.

Happy to report that apart from the airports and planes I hardly saw a face mask during a week in Paris.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You could indeed be, remember you deal with joe public on a daily basis, do you not?

Indeed.  You get the full spectrum here.  I like to think most folk are reasonably sentient and it's always a privilege to deal with the nice people of the world. 

The Dragon Reborn
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

True 

Mask wearing was the most important and effective tenet of the propaganda / fear campaign . Goebbles would have been proud of it . 

9687272D-6011-4A30-8B6A-7D78F266A6C2.jpeg

“State-funded terrorism” and Goebbels-style propaganda? 

Bloody hell. I used to say the covid deniers would be bereft when the pandemic became endemic. How wrong was I, they are still here, counting masks/non masks; for God's sake get a life 

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Is it? I certainly never wore one for myself.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Do you know what the definition of terrorism is?

The poster won't as they're a slaver.

JudyJudyJudy

A case if you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours ! Prid quo pro . Aye but the Toaries 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

A case if you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours ! Prid quo pro . Aye but the Toaries 

Posting it on two threads it desperation James. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Posting it on two threads it desperation James. 

i made an error copied and pasted the wrong one to the other thread. 

The Dragon Reborn
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The poster won't as they're a slaver.

I genuinely had to check I wasn’t on the Ukraine thread.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We will never find that out as there are many different levels of quality of face mask from cheap poor to expensive who knows how good, they may even be the cause of infections 

14 hours ago, XB52 said:

Bloody hell. I used to say the covid deniers would be bereft when the pandemic became endemic. How wrong was I, they are still here, counting masks/non masks; for God's sake get a life 

👍 Abnormal behaviour, they,ve got a life...it's on here, period!

9 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

We will never find that out as there are many different levels of quality of face mask from cheap poor to expensive who knows how good, they may even be the cause of infections 

The breath you exhale is particles  going back down your throat with masks  what long term effect will that have on your lungs 

On 19/04/2022 at 16:14, JamesM48 said:

Was in my local library earlier. Poor staff all masked up.   Still have the glass shields up too.  Dearie me. Let it go. Thatll be the Local council diktats.  

On an other related note Edinburgh Leisure how do they make money you can't wake up in the morning and say hey kids let's go swimming you have to book it, or even the gym you can't on the spur of the moment go to the gym you have to book,it now you see people exercising in groups and in parks to me that is lost revenue you will see in future some centres closing or reducing times 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, samgolden said:

On an other related note Edinburgh Leisure how do they make money you can't wake up in the morning and say hey kids let's go swimming you have to book it, or even the gym you can't on the spur of the moment go to the gym you have to book,it now you see people exercising in groups and in parks to me that is lost revenue you will see in future some centres closing or reducing times 

Yes they all need to let it go. Get back to the old " Normal" 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )