• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You think everything is about you on this thread James. You’re so desperate for attention :whistling:

Can’t imagine how you’d deal with life if you got thread banned from this one!

Anyway WHO saying it’s going to come to an end this year 👍

21 minutes ago, kila said:

You think everything is about you on this thread James. You’re so desperate for attention :whistling:

Im sure ill manage just fine Kila  I'm a resilient chap.  Always have been. Just like Medea. Its rather intellectual comparison. Hae a guid day. 

35 minutes ago, kila said:

There's rather unhelpful,  contradictory quotes being attributed to WHO sources.  I have seen those kind of thoughts but also more cautionary quotes as well. 

When you consider that some countries,  especially in Africa,  have barely done any vaccinations at all,  it seems to present the probability of an ongoing or longer term reservoir of susceptibility and/or opportunity of viral evolution.  Perhaps not too much of an issue on the working assumption that infection can replace vaccination as a population wide immunisation process.  

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Thank goodness can’t have positivity creeping in 

Any positive news on this thread is swiftly pounced as duly noted above. 😎

WTF are you cretins on about?  

When someone reaches the stage where they have a phobia about reading anything that doesn't strike a particular tone,  they should probably fill their time with something else instead.  Watch cartoons or play with a colouring book or something.  Have a plate of mashed up rusks and milk.

3 hours ago, kila said:

If it’s all the same with you Kila I’ll wait for Nicola or Victorian to gives us the thumbs up. 2 people with their fingers on the pulse. 🤥

29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

WTF are you cretins on about?  

When someone reaches the stage where they have a phobia about reading anything that doesn't strike a particular tone,  they should probably fill their time with something else instead.  Watch cartoons or play with a colouring book or something.  Have a plate of mashed up rusks and milk.

It’s your “ cautious “ posting ! I’ve just had my porridge thanks 

Here,  here,  you guys could start your own thread.  The all new coronavirus pandemic,  definitely ending soon thread.  Only nice,  mutual validation things allowed.  

Ex member of the SaS

Genuine question, they claim cases are increasing in schools, right? Have they taken into account the number of pupils using soft drinks to give a false reading so as to avoid going to school? 

Until they can give accurate figures and guarantee the results are true, they are once again giving out false information. 

I noticed on the BBC recently after they quoted the cases after 28 days rubbish they put in a caveat that not all had covid. So if they feel the need to put that in the statement why are they still using false figures in the first place?

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, kila said:

Oh my word, is that the same WHO who claimed they investigated and found nothing linking this with Wuhan? Whilst I agree this " pandemic " will end and we will get on with living with Covid ( as we did with flu ) if WHO said it was night I would look out the window to confirm.

Dennis Denuto
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Genuine question, they claim cases are increasing in schools, right? Have they taken into account the number of pupils using soft drinks to give a false reading so as to avoid going to school? 

Until they can give accurate figures and guarantee the results are true, they are once again giving out false information. 

I noticed on the BBC recently after they quoted the cases after 28 days rubbish they put in a caveat that not all had covid. So if they feel the need to put that in the statement why are they still using false figures in the first place?

Genuine answer - they have taken that into account and only report the cases that were not doctored with soft drinks, I believe the used the SNP's state secret police to do the investigating. However even though over 90% of those dying are from orange juice doctored Covid tests Nicola Sturgeon in a power crazy rant has insisted we have another lockdown to stem the flow of fake Covid Covid deaths.........

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You're right mate. It's ridiculous.

For all we know it could be 40% covid, 15% Irn Bru, 9% Fruit Shoots, 23% Carabao, 30% Dandelion & Burdock.

We have a right to know.

:tlj:

Anyone seen wee Jimmy following the science and wearing a surgical mask or N95/FFP2 mask yet?

Or is she still selfishly wearing her wee cotton tartan face covering because it looks pure belting?

Just want to know what sort of precautions I should be taking when I'm trying to run the covid gauntlet and visiting the pub toilets.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Anyone seen wee Jimmy following the science and wearing a surgical mask or N95/FFP2 mask yet?

Or is she still selfishly wearing her wee cotton tartan face covering because it looks pure belting?

Just want to know what sort of precautions I should be taking when I'm trying to run the covid gauntlet and visiting the pub toilets.

:conspiracy:

2 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Genuine answer - they have taken that into account and only report the cases that were not doctored with soft drinks, I believe the used the SNP's state secret police to do the investigating. However even though over 90% of those dying are from orange juice doctored Covid tests Nicola Sturgeon in a power crazy rant has insisted we have another lockdown to stem the flow of fake Covid Covid deaths.........

Is Covid Covid twice as bad as normal Covid? Or is it Covid squared?

Edited by Bindy Badgy

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:conspiracy:

It certainly is mate. You must be loony toon to think that covid comes out in the pub as soon as you put your pint down.

Nucky Thompson
40 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

:biggrin2:

49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Compulsory vaccines for NHS staff now 'under review'

Sensible move 

Knew that would happen. As you say sensible. Perhaps we are getting to the end game where sense overrides hysterical nonsense like that mandate

48 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Elsie hardly wore any type of mask at Cop 26 and if she did it was her usual tartan tatt type or the saltire. Her fan club seem to thinks its " belting" 

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

It certainly is mate. You must be loony toon to think that covid comes out in the pub as soon as you put your pint down.

:laugh2:

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sensible move 

:yadayada: Fecking SNP. 

Tell me, was this a thing in Scotland?

3 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

You'll need to wait until you're 18, so it won't really matter yet.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Knew that would happen. As you say sensible. Perhaps we are getting to the end game where sense overrides hysterical nonsense like that mandate

Elsie hardly wore any type of mask at Cop 26 and if she did it was her usual tartan tatt type or the saltire. Her fan club seem to thinks its " belting" 

Aw, raging about women again James. How sad.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh2:

Some people moan about anything. Where a mask, don't were a mask, do what you want and I'm sure the owner of the premises, will do likewise. They might not even clean the glass for them.

"What do you mean I have to wash the glasses, who says" :yadayada: Fecking Sturgeon! 

As for NHS vaccines being compulsory, that's in England.

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, Victorian said:

Here,  here,  you guys could start your own thread.  The all new coronavirus pandemic,  definitely ending soon thread.  Only nice,  mutual validation things allowed.  

A nice right-wing circle-jerk of an echo chamber. They like those. 

Inconvenience or realism vs whatever comforting half-truth they want to hear instead? Not so much. 

Sensible move 

I think other vocations should take a similar approach and dispense with believing in their training.

Garage mechanics that stop believing in putting oil into your engine. Big oil, just a con mate to make money, you don't need it.
Butchers that stop believing in cross-contamination and bundle up your cooked ham with your mince. Load of crap that Louis Pasteur mate!  

I look forward to hospitals saving the taxpayers a fortune in health spending, and hooking patients up to bags of anything they have handy. flash liquid, the next an IV of vimto, horse dewormer. Maybe they could look up popular podcasts and FB for ideas.

Science? Who cares, we're fed up of experts after all. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A nice right-wing circle-jerk of an echo chamber. They like those. 

Inconvenience or realism vs whatever comforting half-truth they want to hear instead? Not so much. 

I think other vocations should take a similar approach and dispense with believing in their training.

Garage mechanics that stop believing in putting oil into your engine. Big oil, just a con mate to make money, you don't need it.
Butchers that stop believing in cross-contamination and bundle up your cooked ham with your mince. Load of crap that Louis Pasteur mate!  

I look forward to hospitals saving the taxpayers a fortune in health spending, and hooking patients up to bags of anything they have handy. flash liquid, the next an IV of vimto, horse dewormer. Maybe they could look up popular podcasts and FB for ideas.

Science? Who cares, we're fed up of experts after all. 

Aye, those fecking vaccines will get humanity nowhere. :raging:

56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aw, raging about women again James. How sad.

Stop with your homophobic nonsense....( yet again), .

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some people moan about anything. Where a mask, don't were a mask, do what you want and I'm sure the owner of the premises, will do likewise. They might not even clean the glass for them.

"What do you mean I have to wash the glasses, who says" :yadayada: Fecking Sturgeon! 

As for NHS vaccines being compulsory, that's in England.

Mad Nicola oot.

4 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

:biggrin2:

Oi @ri Alban you not pulling them up for their " hating " on a woman?  Naw didnt think so.  

No offence intended to Nucky or Rooco. Just pulling this so called " enlightened" SNP fanatic for what he is. 

8 week sentence is a joke.  The guy's got at least 26 previous convictions.  Imagine being so out of control that you think you're entitled to intimidate / alarm someone in the street and physically assault him by grabbing round the neck.  A premium should be added due to the victim being a high profile key official who would already be on alert to potential bad feeling towards him.  He had already been harrassed in the street in the past.

All in all these two arseholes should be doing 3 or 4 years.

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

"As he was sentenced, Chew took out a vaping device and began smoking. He then chanted "I am West Ham till I die" as he was led out of court"

:cornette:

This made me laugh a lot. 

On 26/01/2022 at 21:52, ri Alban said:

You'll need to wait until you're 18, so it won't really matter yet.

Did you imagine yourself wearing a shellsuit and smoking a cigar when you started to type "You'll need to wait until you're 18"?

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, Victorian said:

8 week sentence is a joke.  The guy's got at least 26 previous convictions.  Imagine being so out of control that you think you're entitled to intimidate / alarm someone in the street and physically assault him by grabbing round the neck.  A premium should be added due to the victim being a high profile key official who would already be on alert to potential bad feeling towards him.  He had already been harrassed in the street in the past.

Or you could be an old wrinkly page three girl and get away with murder. It has always been the problem in this country, steal money and it's a big term,  assault is let off as,  oh well he would have fallen over any way.

18 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

"As he was sentenced, Chew took out a vaping device and began smoking. He then chanted "I am West Ham till I die" as he was led out of court"

:cornette:

He sounds the type of radge I've been drawn to in my life . Usually in the pub after  a Hearts match....fascinating really. 

Malinga the Swinga
18 hours ago, Victorian said:

Guy should have pulled over a statue or two at the same time. He would have been applauded as a hero by some on here.

On 26/01/2022 at 07:02, ri Alban said:

Omicron not so mild amongst the schools.

A bit late , I know, but our local high school down in here in relatively rurual England has 1/3 of its pupils off sick with Omicron, 9 kids in my daughter's class at a nearby primary school are off sick.

The local Uni campus has over 200 cases and continues to rocket ever upwards. (150 the week previous). 

The infection rates in my area are 50% higher than the average in England.

Happy days. 

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A bit late , I know, but our local high school down in here in relatively rurual England has 1/3 of its pupils off sick with Omicron, 9 kids in my daughter's class at a nearby primary school are off sick.

The local Uni campus has over 200 cases and continues to rocket ever upwards. (150 the week previous). 

Happy days. 

The latest ONS Infection Rates survey estimates England and Northern Ireland at 1 in 20, Wales and Scotland at 1 in 30.

Country %age with covid

people  with

covid

ratio  with covid
England 4.82 2,629,400 1 in 20
Wales 3.27 99,500 1 in 30
Northern Ireland 5.26 96,500 1 in 20
Scotland 3.11 163,600 1 in 30

Alternatively, just to upset Willie Rennie, Scotland has a 35% lower rate than England, or England has a 55% higher rate than Scotland.

The daily reported rates are much more aligned to population shares though. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Happy days. 

Off sick or off because they tested positive? 

I would be surprised if more than a handful were actually sick

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Off sick or off because they tested positive? 

I would be surprised if more than a handful were actually sick

And considering you can take 4 weeks off “ on he sick “  after positive test without a doctors line there are definitely ones milking it ,

48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The latest ONS Infection Rates survey estimates England and Northern Ireland at 1 in 20, Wales and Scotland at 1 in 30.

Country %age with covid

people  with

covid

ratio  with covid

Alternatively, just to upset Willie Rennie, Scotland has a 35% lower rate than England, or England has a 55% higher rate than Scotland.

Are people still looking at the stats ? 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Are people still looking at the stats ? 

I would have thought that was self evident.

I take it that you are happy to ignore the 1,828 deaths that have been reported in the UK over the last 7 days (261 a day).

The Mighty Thor
56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Country %age with covid

people  with

covid

ratio  with covid

You might need to show your workings for the boys on here. 

They're not great with s1 arithmetic. 

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I take it that you are happy to ignore the 1,828 deaths that have been reported in the UK over the last 7 days (261 a day).

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Well there’s zero I can do about these deaths so ignoring them or not has no impact at all . There are more likely more deaths from other reasons in that period too . All very sad . It’s not a competition though. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well there’s zero I can do about these deaths so ignoring them or not has no impact at all . There are more likely more deaths from other reasons in that period too . All very sad . It’s not a competition though. 

You just carry on in your own little bubble James. 

I don't know why you are still posting on this thread given your apparent indifference. It's a bit of a change from two or three weeks ago when your bubble was infected and you were happy to accept advice and good wishes.  

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Country %age with covid

people  with

covid

ratio  with covid

The ratios are probably as high as they have been

Right at the point many are returning to work (or hybrid ways of working as they seem to be known)

Unsure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Time will tell.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )