Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The ratios are probably as high as they have been

Right at the point many are returning to work (or hybrid ways of working as they seem to be known)

Unsure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Time will tell.  

The ratios have actually improved since the previous week's survey.  Good news also today that England's "R" number has dropped below 1.  That should see infections and ultimately deaths fall over the next few weeks.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The ratios have actually improved since the previous week's survey.  Good news also today that England's "R" number has dropped below 1.  That should see infections and ultimately deaths fall over the next few weeks.

That's good given I'm making an appearance at the London office where I work next week. Sense a lot of anxiety / worry and just general logistical problems for folk going back in after 2 years work from home

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You just carry on in your own little bubble James. 

I don't know why you are still posting on this thread given your apparent indifference. It's a bit of a change from two or three weeks ago when your bubble was infected and you were happy to accept advice and good wishes.  

:greatpost:

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A bit late , I know, but our local high school down in here in relatively rurual England has 1/3 of its pupils off sick with Omicron, 9 kids in my daughter's class at a nearby primary school are off sick.

The local Uni campus has over 200 cases and continues to rocket ever upwards. (150 the week previous). 

The infection rates in my area are 50% higher than the average in England.

Happy days. 

I’m writing to my MP just now to ask him if we can change the definition of ‘mild’ to ‘not infectious’ right this minute.

I’ll revert to you when he gets back to me.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Are people still looking at the stats ? 

Latest is the unvaccinated are 8 times more likely to be hospitalised than those fully vaccinated. 

Also for example 96% of pregnant women hospitalised by Covid were unvaccinated and a fifth required emergency early births. And studies of over 100,000 pregnant women vaccinated found there no complications from the vaccines. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Latest is the unvaccinated are 8 times more likely to be hospitalised than those fully vaccinated. 

Also for example 96% of pregnant women hospitalised by Covid were unvaccinated and a fifth required emergency early births. And studies of over 100,000 pregnant women vaccinated found there no complications from the vaccines. 

Unless they have already had covid and it's the Delta variant.

Who is your source the Daily Mail or the Guardian?

9 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Unless they have already had covid and it's the Delta variant.

Who is your source the Daily Mail or the Guardian?

You doubting the figures? Do you have different?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You doubting the figures? Do you have different?

Of course not. Nobody should doubt any 'figures' from you. A couple of question marks should be enough to deter any questions.

On 28/01/2022 at 21:03, Mikey1874 said:

Still keen to see your stats thanks buddy.

32 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks for that.

Maybe you can post the part that is referring to people in Scotland are 8 more times as likely to be hospitalised by covid if they are unvaccinated just to help me out. 

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

In furtherance to your post I absolutely love that your link to the BMJ article has its first footnote and source as Boris Johnson. 

Johnson, on a visit to a vaccine centre, said he had been told by some doctors that up to 90% of patients with COVID-19 in intensive care had not received their booster vaccines.

"I'm sorry to say this, but the overwhelming majority of people who are currently ending up in intensive care in our hospitals are people who are not boosted," he said. "I've talked to doctors who say the numbers are running up to 90% of people in intensive care."

Hear say from Boris Johnson now that really is something you can go to war on.

12 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Thanks for that.

Maybe you can post the part that is referring to people in Scotland are 8 more times as likely to be hospitalised by covid if they are unvaccinated just to help me out. 

Look, I saw you were looking for some sort of evidence and so I did 2 minutes quick searching to come up with something that might help you, so don't get all snippy with me.

Hopefully this is another sign that we are learning to live with covid and trying to get back to something like normal.

Today I had my first face to face check-up since covid appeared, over the last year or so it's only been blood tests and then a follow up call from the doctor, but today it was my full MOT from the practice nurse.  Lets hope this trend continues.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Hopefully this is another sign that we are learning to live with covid and trying to get back to something like normal.

Today I had my first face to face check-up since covid appeared, over the last year or so it's only been blood tests and then a follow up call from the doctor, but today it was my full MOT from the practice nurse.  Lets hope this trend continues.

Good to hear.

On 28/01/2022 at 17:01, JamesM48 said:

And considering you can take 4 weeks off “ on he sick “  after positive test without a doctors line there are definitely ones milking it ,

That usually ends up biting you in the arse when job cuts or salary reviews happen as you'll find your card is marked.

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That usually ends up biting you in the arse when job cuts or salary reviews happen as you'll find your card is marked.

No the 28 don’t count as normal sick leave 

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No the 28 don’t count as normal sick leave 

I know but its all about perception and whether others think you are at it.

On 28/01/2022 at 17:43, Footballfirst said:

it's a bit of a change from two or three weeks ago when your bubble was infected and you were happy to accept advice and good wishes.  

😁

Footballfirst

It seems the Cabinet hasn't been too careful about infection measures again, but still rely on some PR person to to them how to communicate their positive covid status.

Edited by Footballfirst

Less MMR jags since pandemic. A tenth+ of kids(primary 1) are more at risk. 

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Less MMR jags since pandemic. A tenth+ of kids(primary 1) are more at risk. 

Were saying on the news that there has been around about 85% take up, when 95% take up is needed to keep measles from spreading and becoming a widespread problem.

I see that the NHS in Scotland is sending vaccine appointments to the 580,000 adults who have not yet had their booster jabs. This sort of thing is much better than any compulsion.

Probably will catch a lot of people. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I see that the NHS in Scotland is sending vaccine appointments to the 580,000 adults who have not yet had their booster jabs. This sort of thing is much better than any compulsion.

Probably will catch a lot of people. 

I got a blue letter today and I got boosted in November

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I got a blue letter today and I got boosted in November

Is it not because you have a low immune system and in case there are youngsters in the house.

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is it not because you have a low immune system and in case there are youngsters in the house.

Possibly. I'm Type 1 and my youngest is 15yo.

I wouldn't say I had a low immune system though, I've never been ill or had a cold in years.

It's because I work outside in the fresh air as my old ma used to say :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wouldn't say I had a low immune system though, I've never been ill or had a cold in years.

It's because I work outside in the fresh air as my old ma used to say :thumbsup:

👍

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Pretty mad how little colds etc there has been in the last few years. Shows you how transmissible they are when things are normal.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Cop 26 forgotten already.

The planet is goosed.

And I see we are still making school children wear a mask for 6 hours a day.

To be more accurate - Primary school children do not need to wear masks. 

Rupert Pupkin

And just when you thought this thread had been confined to the sands of time (was on page 3) Boosh !!! It’s back..

Hopefully it disappears before the rabid slavering masses return . 😂😂😂

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

And just when you thought this thread had been confined to the sands of time (was on page 3) Boosh !!! It’s back..

Hopefully it disappears before the rabid slavering masses return . 😂😂😂

Some are getting counselling after the withdrawal of their daily sermons 

Nucky Thompson

The wearing of masks outside in Spain is to be scraped this Thursday 10th February, the day I arrive in Lanzarote :glorious:

manaliveits105

on the mainland hardly anyone was bothering - only people who preferred to and the police seemed to have stopped bothering 

but good news it’s official 

It looks like people aligned with the party in government are paying attention to the first fluttering canary, but not chirping, in the coal mine: Israel. Reduced 4th dose uptake and letting omicron rip has lead to deaths climbing. This was predictable 1/n

This thread is well worth a read.
Edited by NANOJAMBO

Linked in that thread to the torygraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/israels-rise-covid-deaths-important-lesson-uk-vaccines/

Some interesting stuff on waning immunity, 4th boosters and rising death rates. 

A choice quote:

"One clear message must be to keep vaccine-induced immunity topped up. For the moment at least, it is vaccines that are keeping us safe. Omicron may not be as dangerous as the alpha or delta variants but it remains on a par with the Wuhan original." 

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Linked in that thread to the torygraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/israels-rise-covid-deaths-important-lesson-uk-vaccines/

Some interesting stuff on waning immunity, 4th boosters and rising death rates. 

A choice quote:

"One clear message must be to keep vaccine-induced immunity topped up. For the moment at least, it is vaccines that are keeping us safe. Omicron may not be as dangerous as the alpha or delta variants but it remains on a par with the Wuhan original." 

Mind the people who said listen to Israel, they'll tell us to ignore Israel.

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The wearing of masks outside in Spain is to be scraped this Thursday 10th February, the day I arrive in Lanzarote :glorious:

:rudiyas: Tho yer sun tan would be quite funny. Enjoy! :sunny: 👍

jack D and coke

Firstly apologies for bringing this car crash back to the front page but wasn’t sure where else to post this. Interesting thread about old Sir Tom…

What a thoroughly amazing great British story this is. Warms your cockles so it does. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

All restrictions and isolation requirements to be scrapped in England by the end of this month

Excellent about 6-8 weeks for us then while she urges caution, slams England’s risky strategy, pretends to analyse the data then go down the exact same route. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )