Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I am just pointing out your continued hypocrisy on everything Covid related.

As to the announcement from the SG, it is something for me and Mrs Denuto to discuss once the JVCI advice is published.

What hypocrisy are you on about ? I’ve always been anti vaccine for children under 16 and indeed adults ( who are healthy ) so your writing 

E854AD52-5E2F-4A9E-92C6-D183987271C0.jpeg

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

What hypocrisy are you on about ? I’ve always been anti vaccine for children under 16 and indeed adults ( who are healthy ) so your writing 

E854AD52-5E2F-4A9E-92C6-D183987271C0.jpeg

Sorry I thought your position has always been pro-choice, pretty sure you have used that phrase more than once or twice.....

Sorry I thought your position has always been pro-choice, pretty sure you have used that phrase more than once or twice.....

Yes pro  choice I meant . Your getting desperate now ! 😂 see this is why I hardly ever post on this car crash of a thread really . It’s a shame when it gets bumped as the same silly arguments re surface . It’s so juvenile . Just ground hog day on this . 

Yes pro  choice I meant . Your getting desperate now ! 😂 see this is why I hardly ever post on this car crash of a thread really . It’s a shame when it gets bumped as the same silly arguments re surface . It’s so juvenile . Just ground hog day on this . 

Its a car crash because you and Yes Enzo drove it into a wall!

Wait, James....hardly ever post ?

:berra:

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Wait, James....hardly ever post ?

:berra:

Lol not in a few weeks which is good for me ! 😂 only commented on this as it’s an important issue . I’ll bid goodbye for a few weeks again or longer ! It’s no worth the stress on this thread to be honest 

adios 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Lol not in a few weeks which is good for me ! 😂 only commented on this as it’s an important issue . I’ll bid goodbye for a few weeks again or longer ! It’s no worth the stress on this thread to be honest 

adios 

No worries, mate.

It's no biggie really.

The uptake of the offer will be extremely low. That's a confident prediction. 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So if you are pro-choice you should be in favour of this announcement (pending the full publication from JVCI).

Glad we cleared that up, I'd hate it if people got the wrong impression and assumed you just posted negatively of anything the SG announces.

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Boab said:

No worries, mate.

It's no biggie really.

The uptake of the offer will be extremely low. That's a confident prediction. 

It is going to be pretty low as a load of them have recently had Covid, it is a pity this wasn't announced at the turn of the year.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

adios 

Great news.

:wavey:

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is going to be pretty low as a load of them have recently had Covid, it is a pity this wasn't announced at the turn of the year.

It's a risk decision for parents. Without knowing their kids current levels of immunity it's not possible to assess those risks. Know lots of kids who have had covid 2 times, got to question why you would then jab them on top of that. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Scotland to follow Wales and offer jabs to 5-11 year olds. 

They should offer them thicker socks to keep their feet warm from drafty classroom doors.

Are the "wish" version of Vallance and Whitty advocating it?

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's a risk decision for parents. Without knowing their kids current levels of immunity it's not possible to assess those risks. Know lots of kids who have had covid 2 times, got to question why you would then jab them on top of that. 

My kids both had it recently and had zero symptoms, but they did pass it on to each other and me. It’s tough to know if being jagged would prevent them unknowingly pass it to grandparents etc. 

Lord Montpelier

My kids both had it recently and had zero symptoms, but they did pass it on to each other and me. It’s tough to know if being jagged would prevent them unknowingly pass it to grandparents etc. 

The questions I'm asking are ones their grandparents would expect to be asked. I'll keep an open view and do more reading, but I continue to struggle with the concept of vaccinating small children against a disease where they may already have a degree of natural immunity . 

From the , what I've read indicates that the risks to kids of covid, in terms of ill health and long covid is higher than the risk of an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

There are a large amount of kids who are struggling with covid (see here: Child COVID-19 Cases, Long Covid, Hospital Admissions & Deaths 23rd January 2022 (longcovidkids.org)) so my assessment is that offering the vaccine is a positive thing.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It would appear that the majority of those kids U16 (and their parents) disagree with your anti-vax for youngsters stance.

From today's stats, 69.8% of 12-15 year old Scots have had at least one dose.

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

That  should give you a clue. 

The whole point is to give them the jab to avoid , at least, long Covid. 

When you say "it's not possible to assess those risks" - it is possible to look out for research that supports (or not) any particular perspective and make an informed decision rather than simply dismiss vaccination for children. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Lord Montpelier
14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That  should give you a clue. 

The whole point is to give them the jab to avoid , at least, long Covid. 

When you say "it's not possible to assess those risks" - it is possible to look out for research that supports (or not) any particular perspective and make an informed decision rather than simply dismiss vaccination for children. 

I have not yet met one single child with long covid from the current variant. I know many who have had it. For the vast majority it's proven to be not much more than a cold. I think it's therefore only prudent to ask questions. 

If I could categorically understand my kids current levels of immunity it may sway me one way or another . Why jab if immunity is high and present ? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I have not yet met one single child with long covid from the current variant. I know many who have had it. For the vast majority it's proven to be not much more than a cold. I think it's therefore only prudent to ask questions. 

If I could categorically understand my kids current levels of immunity it may sway me one way or another . Why jab if immunity is high and present ? 

Immunity isn't high - not that I've seen argued. 

I accept it's difficult to keep abreast of the latest reasearch in a constantly changing landscape - but I haven't seen anything that doesn't advocate vax for kids. 

My kids are old enough to make their own decisons but I really can't understand how you can say "immunity is high" when you also say you know of lots of kids who have suffered multiple infections. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

It would appear that the majority of those kids U16 (and their parents) disagree with your anti-vax for youngsters stance.

From today's stats, 69.8% of 12-15 year old Scots have had at least one dose.

That is higher than I expected.

👍

Surprised wee nippy let Drakeford lead the way with this as she's always hoped to jag our kids. Vaccine passes required for the tuck shop next 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, escobri said:

Surprised wee nippy let Drakeford lead the way with this as she's always hoped to jag our kids. Vaccine passes required for the tuck shop next 🤣

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is advice from the JVCI, which the SG have followed to the letter up to now.

Did she not go against jvci and go with the cmo's advice about teenagers? Can't quite remember the exact details hence the question. 

1 hour ago, escobri said:

England and Northern Ireland are following suit too.

Bloody SNP.

SG follow jcvi advice and the usual suspects lose their shit. Imagine giving parents and their children a choice, bloody tyrants so they are. Mind you, Boris has followed suit now so they'll probably disappear from this thread again 

46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Covid's last year's news guys. Let it go.

It's fuel, inflation and Russia we're meant to worry about now 

When you say "meant to worry about" - do you not worry about inflation, soaring fuel costs etc? Sounds like you see even the cost of living crisis as some nebulous fictional construct designed to keep us in fear. 

Apologies if this is common knowledge already, but I heard yesterday that some people have started to receive letters for a 4th vaccine. It sounds like targeting those vulnerable with underlying health conditions.

15 hours ago, Gizmo said:

When you say "meant to worry about" - do you not worry about inflation, soaring fuel costs etc? Sounds like you see even the cost of living crisis as some nebulous fictional construct designed to keep us in fear. 

I don't really see the point in worrying about it...it won't make it go away. Face into it and mitigate as best you can, but worrying never solved anything.

Meant to worry is in reference to the media and their desire to make people worried and follow their news items in a quest for data on the topics.

Edited by Taffin

3 hours ago, pablo said:

Apologies if this is common knowledge already, but I heard yesterday that some people have started to receive letters for a 4th vaccine. It sounds like targeting those vulnerable with underlying health conditions.

Had a 4th jab in December, been happening for a wee while. 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I don't really see the point in worrying about it...it won't make it go away. Face into it and mitigate as best you can, but worrying never solved anything.

Meant to worry is in reference to the media and their desire to make people worried and follow their news items in a quest for data on the topics.

Whilst I get the point, I've been on the flip side of my current situation where a single increased bill or failure of household equipment was devastating. The poor souls who work hard yet are in that boat due to spiralling living costs and crap wages don't need the media to tell them to worry - worry and stress becomes the default operating mode. It is incredibly damaging to mental health as you end up in a fight or flight mode constantly. 

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Whilst I get the point, I've been on the flip side of my current situation where a single increased bill or failure of household equipment was devastating. The poor souls who work hard yet are in that boat due to spiralling living costs and crap wages don't need the media to tell them to worry - worry and stress becomes the default operating mode. It is incredibly damaging to mental health as you end up in a fight or flight mode constantly. 

Indeed, which is precisely why I don't worry about it. Worry about what you can control, not what you can't imo.

A failure of household equipment would cause me a not insignificant issue right now, but until it happens I won't stress or worry about it...for the simple reason it may not happen. My bills have gone up, so I've started turning my heating down and wearing a fleece about the house to try and save a bit of cash. I'm not downplaying the pressures people are under, I just don't believe there's any point in worrying about.

Same as there was no point worrying about catching Covid. It didn't influence how likely you were to catch it, your actions did.

Edited by Taffin

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, Taffin said:

Covid's last year's news guys. Let it go.

It's fuel, inflation and Russia we're meant to worry about now 

I wonder if there will be a vaccine for them? 

Well, after around two years of avoiding it, myself and the wife have both tested positive. She has no symptoms and other than a cough that’s developed, I feel fine. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Well, after around two years of avoiding it, myself and the wife have both tested positive. She has no symptoms and other than a cough that’s developed, I feel fine. 

Hopefully you’ll soon be back to normal.

Jambo_jim2001
On 17/02/2022 at 07:55, pablo said:

Mrs got her letter mid week,she works in the NHS.at this rate she's considering getting a dartboard tattoo on her arm tbh

You do what you have to do. If that means taking a jag once every 6 months/year, that's what you do or we don't and allow it to get the better of us.

Edited by ri Alban

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

And storms.

For ultimate giggles, they need to replace the likes of Arwen and Eunice with the names of some of the covid superstars like Van Tam, Whitby and Sridhar. Can just imagine what havoc Storm Leitch will cause.

3EFDC3DB-6A28-4EEA-84BE-478F28A6FDEB.jpeg

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry James, that's not funny. SAGE have spent the pandemic offering fair, scientifically-driven and data-derived advice, and ought to be respected rather than mocked.

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry James, that's not funny. SAGE have spent the pandemic offering fair, scientifically-driven and data-derived advice, and ought to be respected rather than mocked.

Jokes are everywhere this morning!

When do we get our 2nd booster?  Three months after the last?  Or does the booster last longer than the 2nd vaccine did? Do we have to be proactive, and seek it out or will be informed when it's time?

Has there been any govt statement on the future, re: covid vaccines, etc?

Captain Lithuania

Tested positive this afternoon. Couldn’t believe it. Had a sore throat one day last week but due to attending a mates wedding tomorrow I tested like the responsible person I am. Unfortunately I can’t go and I’m a couple hundred quid out of pocket but what can you do?

Hard to accept when I feel fine. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Tested positive this afternoon. Couldn’t believe it. Had a sore throat one day last week but due to attending a mates wedding tomorrow I tested like the responsible person I am. Unfortunately I can’t go and I’m a couple hundred quid out of pocket but what can you do?

Hard to accept when I feel fine. 

Perhaps someone on here can go in your place? ;)

Good on you for being responsible. Perhaps retest tomorrow morning?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )