• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Yeah, heard he got boo'ed at his own rallies when talking up the booster jabs. 

To be fair to Trump, he has never been anti-vax.

manaliveits105

judging by Chief Mammies health secretary Yusuf's interview with Martin Guisler this morning looks like we are going to be controlled for a lot longer than our neighbours - brings up there might be another variant  ffs ! - of course there might but are we going to hide just in case - snp absolutely inept worst administration in living memory .

Captain Sausage

Case count a complete waste of time now. 

Anecdotally, my wife caught covid and is isolating at home until we get the 2 negative tests. But we haven’t informed anyone in government about it - no idea how we’d even go about doing so. 

i imagine this is going on across the country now. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Anecdotally, my wife caught covid and is isolating at home until we get the 2 negative tests. But we haven’t informed anyone in government about it - no idea how we’d even go about doing so. 

You inform the NHS by scanning the qr code on the test kit.

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

This is probably quite common.  But anyone with health vulnerabilities or of older age would still be advised to immediately register their positive tests.  A lot of people are eligible to get the various at-home anti-viral drugs.  These need to be taken in the first few days after a test to be effective.  So registering results is essential in order to get access to these drugs.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I think you are right, as it seems that a lot of people are not reporting positive LFTs, although they may still be isolating.

The more accurate picture of case rates probably comes from the weekly ONS infection survey which is published weekly on a Wednesday.  The latest report shows that infection rates remain pretty high, N Ireland 1 in 13, England 1 in 19 and Scotland and Wales both 1 in 25, while the daily numbers appear to be falling steadily, particularly in England.

Daily cases are starting to fall again but so is the daily count of registered tests.  The daily count is still a reasonable indicator but the surveillance figures are much more reliable.

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

judging by Chief Mammies health secretary Yusuf's interview with Martin Guisler this morning looks like we are going to be controlled for a lot longer than our neighbours - brings up there might be another variant  ffs ! - of course there might but are we going to hide just in case - snp absolutely inept worst administration in living memory .

Sources where the SNP are telling people to hide please.

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

To be honest everything is really back to normal and no one caring what sturgeon ect say anymore. 
Mask wearing is getting less by the day and if they don’t drop it in next few weeks then come the summer I can’t see many people wearing masks anymore 

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

We will wait and see. This might be the usual tactic of saying what the Scottish Government wants to do and then a short while after doing exactly the same as the UK Government on the basis that to do otherwise would be detrimental to the Scottish economy as people in Scotland will simply travel to England for leisure, shopping etc to avoid restrictions.

Personally, we have had this for 2 years now and I know the risks and while covid rates are so high I will take precautions, including wearing a masks indoors where appropriate, regardless of what any Government says. I am an adult and I can make adult choices, and if there is one thing that has really got on my goat throughout this whole pandemic is the way that the public in Scotland has been patronised and talked down to.      

28 minutes ago, henryheart said:

We will wait and see. This might be the usual tactic of saying what the Scottish Government wants to do and then a short while after doing exactly the same as the UK Government on the basis that to do otherwise would be detrimental to the Scottish economy as people in Scotland will simply travel to England for leisure, shopping etc to avoid restrictions.

Personally, we have had this for 2 years now and I know the risks and while covid rates are so high I will take precautions, including wearing a masks indoors where appropriate, regardless of what any Government says. I am an adult and I can make adult choices, and if there is one thing that has really got on my goat throughout this whole pandemic is the way that the public in Scotland has been patronised and talked down to.      

That's the hallmark of this government  

They know better and will tell you what to do.

3 hours ago, henryheart said:

The nanny state. 

It's annoyed me as well and I'm sick of it and them. 

7 hours ago, indianajones said:

The nanny state. 

It's annoyed me as well and I'm sick of it and them. 

Ur ye aye?  

Maybe she should have a party or ten, to celebrate.

11 hours ago, henryheart said:

You must be awful sensitive 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Ur ye aye?  

Maybe she should have a party or ten, to celebrate.

You must be awful sensitive 

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

As soon as some says"I'm an adult" they should be assigned a carer.

:wtf:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

As soon as some says"I'm an adult" they should be assigned a carer.

When I have to say 'I'm an adult', it usually means that I am being patronised or told what to do by someone that I have no respect or trust in whatsoever. But anyway, it would be great to get a carer on the basis of your assessment. That would absolve me from having do do all the adult things that I don't want to do and allow me to do all the adult things I want to do with the freedom of diminished responsibility.   

Captain Canada

It strikes me as a bit strange that England, Wales and now Northern Ireland are all easing restrictions and the SG seem to be thinking along the lines of keeping them. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It strikes me as a bit strange that England, Wales and now Northern Ireland are all easing restrictions and the SG seem to be thinking along the lines of keeping them. 

It strikes me as a bit strange that England are planning on scrapping all of their restrictions but we haven't heard from any health advisers to explain the science supporting this decision.

Where are Whitty and Valance?

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Chief Mammy knows best 

Lord Montpelier
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Scotland to follow Wales and offer jabs to 5-11 year olds. 

Would it be too much to ask them to test the kids for natural immunity before they take the jabs. Would be my preferred approach. 

I will read further into this, but right now my very healthy and active primary school kids won't be having one. 

54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Scotland to follow Wales and offer jabs to 5-11 year olds. 

The important word is offer !

Before anyone loses their shit !

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

The important word is offer !

Before anyone loses their shit !

We all know how the SNP work. It will be offer initially, then overtime kids who do not take it will become pariahs from society as the SNP machine cranks up to exclude them from doing certain things. 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

We all know how the SNP work. It will be offer initially, then overtime kids who do not take it will become pariahs from society as the SNP machine cranks up to exclude them from doing certain things. 

Aye, that's how it will work !

🤣

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

True . You would think some posters would know that by now .  She/ the SG getting pelters on twitter about it as well I predict a very low take up . Good . 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

True . You would think some posters would know that by now .  She/ the SG getting pelters on twitter about it as well I predict a very low take up . Good . 

I could be tempted if "the science" showed my kids have no immunity. 

But it won't. It will be roll your sleeves up by order of Chief Mammy. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I’m not the SNP’s biggest fan but to my knowledge no kids who have been offered the vaccine and not taken it have been excluded from anything yet. 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Dazo said:

I’m not the SNP’s biggest fan but to my knowledge no kids who have been offered the vaccine and not taken it have been excluded from anything yet. 

"Yet" being the key word

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

"Yet" being the key word

I like to live in the present rather than wait for what might be, regardless the snp are a joke anyway without waiting for this to happen. 

Dennis Denuto
13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As this announcement has zero impact on you I am confused as to why you care enough to think it is good that there would be a low uptake, maybe you can explain that one to me.....

9 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I could be tempted if "the science" showed my kids have no immunity. 

But it won't. It will be roll your sleeves up by order of Chief Mammy. 

Kids have the strongest immunity hence hardly any deaths of children from it . It’s complete nonsense to roll this out but it keeps the covid band wagon on the road for her and the SG and deflects from that other  “ burning “ issue (Indy2) 

Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

As this announcement has zero impact on you I am confused as to why you care enough to think it is good that there would be a low uptake, maybe you can explain that one to me.....

Yes it does as I have Neices  and nephews who are children and who will not be getting vaccinated . They don’t need a vaccine as they are at low to zero risk . 

Dennis Denuto

Kids have the strongest immunity hence hardly any deaths of children from it . It’s complete nonsense to roll this out but it keeps the covid band wagon on the road for her and the SG and deflects from that other  “ burning “ issue (Indy2) 

It is advice from the JVCI, which the SG have followed to the letter up to now.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

And what’s it’s got to do with you then since you have now commented on it ,? Explain ? 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is advice from the JVCI, which the SG have followed to the letter up to now.

Advice is just that “ advice “ 

Dennis Denuto
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes it does as I have Neices  and nephews who are children and who will not be getting vaccinated . They don’t need a vaccine as they are at low to zero risk . 

It is not your decision if they get vaccinated or not, you aren't the one telling people if they should or shouldn't vaccinate their children are you? I thought that was "chief mammy".

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye, wee Jimmy, aged 7, will probably not be outcast from society !

If nothing else, you get a laugh on here !

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And what’s it’s got to do with you then since you have now commented on it ,? Explain ? 

I am just pointing out your continued hypocrisy on everything Covid related.

As to the announcement from the SG, it is something for me and Mrs Denuto to discuss once the JVCI advice is published.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is not your decision if they get vaccinated or not, you aren't the one telling people if they should or shouldn't vaccinate their children are you? I thought that was "chief mammy".

No it’s a parents decision and quite right too . And the parents I know , including friends and family are not having their children vaccinated . 

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Advice is just that “ advice “ 

Which as I pointed out the SG have followed to the letter during this pandemic, it is crazy to expect them to alter that position now.

Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

I am just pointing out your continued hypocrisy on everything Covid related.

As to the announcement from the SG, it is something for me and Mrs Denuto to discuss once the JVCI advice is published.

Good and I hope you come to the right decision 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

No it’s a parents decision and quite right too . And the parents I know , including friends and family are not having their children vaccinated . 

As is their right !
As is their right with any vaccination.

Dennis Denuto

And now they are going to be given that choice, previously there was no option to get vaccinated, unless clinically advised to do so in a small number of cases.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )