Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, GBJambo said:

Again stop judging people if they are exempt 

I feel very judged. Like i am doing something very wrong. Its unpleasant. 

OIP.jpg

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Again stop judging people if they are exempt 

Not judging 

but it’s very sad that some people claim they are exempt just so that they don’t have to wear a mask 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am exempt. Stop being insensitive to my exemption. Its agains the law to be like that really.  I didnt even have to explain why I was exempt but just thought id let u know. 

It’s not ok to encourage others to break the law though 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not judging 

but it’s very sad that some people claim they are exempt just so that they don’t have to wear a mask 

How do you know they aren’t ? So you are judging 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

How do you know they aren’t ? So you are judging 

Hes worse than Judge Judy him.  Pontificates all the time. Its rather draining but humorous too. 

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Given we're re-hashing old topics, has anyone developed an answer for the below:

If we are to wear masks because we should assume we are contagious...then surely you should be at home, not wherever you are wearing a mask?

The Assume You're Contagious line is just a catchphrase to sell an unpopular concept. No one's so rigid in their thinking to take it literally in all aspects of life, no one's actually assumed they're ill the last 2 years.

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am "exempt". Stop being insensitive to my "exemption". Its agains the law to be like that really.  I didnt even have to explain why I was "exempt" but just thought id let u know. 

You'll have no problem with me FTFY, potatoe, potato and all that

Geoff Kilpatrick

Didn't realise Question in Hamilton [S]trolled[/S] pontificated on this thread too. Got to love the ignore function sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

00B68895-ABE4-4883-ACC7-4409FED6904C.thumb.jpeg.9d8cc291405cdae90cc6418542aaea19.jpeg

Stop stigmisting and mocking non mask wearers who have exemptions .  That's not very nice. Im sure Freddie wouldn't have done that.  He was quite the libertarian. In fact even though he knew there were a pandemic on in the 1980s he still partied on. Some people made judgements about his hedonism. Me ? None of my business. 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I feel very judged. Like i am doing something very wrong. Its unpleasant. 

OIP.jpg

You’re being judged on the content of your posts James. Nothing else. 
It’s a gatling gun of nonsense, silly gifs, memes and poor trolling :lol: 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re being judged on the content of your posts James. Nothing else. 
It’s a gatling gun of nonsense, silly gifs, memes and poor trolling :lol: 

R (8).gif

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop stigmisting and mocking non mask wearers who have exemptions .  That's not very nice. Im sure Freddie wouldn't have done that.  He was quite the libertarian. In fact even though he knew there were a pandemic on in the 1980s he still partied on. Some people made judgements about his hedonism. Me ? None of my business. 

So how come you won’t wear a visor?

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So how come you won’t wear a visor?

Can you please stop hassling me........ :) 

image-23-10-21-12-07-8.gif

52 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There is something to be said for if you have tested negative then why wear a mask, that would need everyone to test every morning before leaving the house though.

I still think masking has a roll to play on places where there are multiple people indoors and there could be a build up of virus in the environment over time, I accept I may be working off old science on this thought and am very happy to be shown otherwise.

I just think there is a fundamental flaw in the logic of acting as though you have the virus (distancing, masking etc). If you were truly acting like you had the virus then you should be at home isolating.

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The Assume You're Contagious line is just a catchphrase to sell an unpopular concept. No one's so rigid in their thinking to take it literally in all aspects of life, no one's actually assumed they're ill the last 2 years.

I agree, I certainly haven't. If I'm ill, I stay at home until I'm not. I also apply that to distancing and masking though, because it follows logically. I'm all in favour of disregarding a lot of the voice pops our leaders have had teams dream up. 

A lot of people think we should listen to them and follow what they are saying.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep. People need to just move on with things Get back to normality 

Dozens of posts every single day does not lead one to draw the conclusion that you're moving on with things. 

Just saying. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Attempting to score political points yet again by using covid. Disgraceful

Nicola Sturgeon refuses to rule out keeping Scotland's mask laws in place for YEARS | Daily Mail Online

what she actully said;

Asked on the BBC's Sunday Morning programme today if she can see people wearing masks for 'months or years to come', in Scotland, Ms Sturgeon said: 'I hope not. I don't want any of these measures to be in place for any longer than is necessary. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Dozens of posts every single day does not lead one to draw the conclusion that you're moving on with things. 

Just saying. 

Im fine . I just feel for people falling for all her and her Govts continual diktats. That's all. Never ending. Its like she and her Govt dont seem to want the pandemic to end. Milking it really. I wonder why? 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

what she actully said;

Asked on the BBC's Sunday Morning programme today if she can see people wearing masks for 'months or years to come', in Scotland, Ms Sturgeon said: 'I hope not. I don't want any of these measures to be in place for any longer than is necessary. 

But she didnt rule it out. As per usual from her no glimmer of positivity or hope. Full of misery and doom. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Im fine . I just feel for people falling for all her and her Govts continual diktats. That's all. Never ending. Its like she and her Govt dont seem to want the pandemic to end. Milking it really. I wonder why? 

There's no continual diktats. The guidance brought in to tackle the Omicron variant finishes today. You're all good. 

I'd respectfully suggest that there's people with tens of thousands of posts on this thread that can't seem to deal with the transition from pandemic to endemic.

In fact some of them just make shit up, or post headlines from comics like the Nazi supporting Daily Mail without reading the content of the article. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But she didnt rule it out. As per usual from her no glimmer of positivity or hope. Full of misery and doom. 

She didn't rule it in. At all. 

You've clearly not read the article that you're claiming she's political point scoring on. 

I'd have thought after your personal journey on this thread you'd have learned to read the articles by now. Especially from the Daily Nazi. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Daily Nazi. 

well calling it that doesn't help your argument really. Yes its a trash publication but most are now anyway. Just like the media. 

Dennis Denuto
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well that mask mandate and VP has went really well in France hasnt it?

Macron bans unvaccinated from bars and restaurants amid highest ever Covid infection numbers (gbnews.uk)

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well calling it that doesn't help your argument really. Yes its a trash publication but most are now anyway. Just like the media. 

James you hypocrisy has no limits does it.

Stop trolling and get on with your life.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

James you hypocrisy has no limits does it.

Stop trolling and get on with your life.

I am getting on with my life . I don’t need you to allow that . Your behaving like a politician 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

There's pretty robust data to support seatbelts and crash helmets. The proof that masks (face coverings anyway) work is flimsy at best. 

They also protect the wearer so the selfish decision would be to wear one. If seatbelts and crash helmets protected others but not the wearer then those wanting others to wear seatbelts and crash helmets would be selfish, yes.

Selfish shouldn't be such a loaded word though imo, almost nothing that we do is truly altruistic.

Why do surgeons wear masks when performing operations?

6 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Would you feel the same if you were a teacher? It must be quite worrying for some of them. 

If they are jagged up and have no underlying health issues they have as much to worry about as the rest of us.

Nucky Thompson
33 minutes ago, Gards said:

Why do surgeons wear masks when performing operations?

Surgical masks in a sterilised operating theatre when your cutting someone open is a bit different to wearing a bit of cloth on your face in a busy supermarket :biggrin2:

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Didn't realise Question in Hamilton [S]trolled[/S] pontificated on this thread too. Got to love the ignore function sometimes.

Don't know how he gets away with it but ignore is great for him and others. 

All Covid testing requirements for vaccinated travellers arriving into the UK are to be scrapped, the government has confirmed.

The ‘day two’ lateral flow test that double-jabbed arrivals must currently undertake will no longer be necessary, according to the prime minister.

“You will see changes so that people arriving no longer have to take tests if they have been vaccinated, if they have been double vaccinated,” Boris Johnson said.

“Thanks to the tough decisions, I think people will agree we got the big calls right... we are now moving through the Omicron wave. So what we’re doing on travel to show this country is open for business, people arriving no longer have to take tests if they’ve been double vaccinated.”

Come on Scotland we are watching and waiting. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well that mask mandate and VP has went really well in France hasnt it?

Macron bans unvaccinated from bars and restaurants amid highest ever Covid infection numbers (gbnews.uk)

The mask mandate especially in pubs and restaurants where you can sit and eat but only required to wear a mask when moving around is pointless especially with a highly contagious variant. 

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surgical masks in a sterilised operating theatre when your cutting someone open is a bit different to wearing a bit of cloth on your face in a busy supermarket :biggrin2:

It's not a bit of cloth though, it's a surgical mask most people are wearing. 
Or, at the game in Italy right now, FFP2 masks.

They offer some protection. That's it !
When it's no longer mandatory, which I hope is really soon, then it's up to the individual. 

17 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

All Covid testing requirements for vaccinated travellers arriving into the UK are to be scrapped, the government has confirmed.

The ‘day two’ lateral flow test that double-jabbed arrivals must currently undertake will no longer be necessary, according to the prime minister.

“You will see changes so that people arriving no longer have to take tests if they have been vaccinated, if they have been double vaccinated,” Boris Johnson said.

“Thanks to the tough decisions, I think people will agree we got the big calls right... we are now moving through the Omicron wave. So what we’re doing on travel to show this country is open for business, people arriving no longer have to take tests if they’ve been double vaccinated.”

Come on Scotland we are watching and waiting. 

I thought we should all get the booster. Why would you want to allow unboosted people to enter the country without testing them? 

What's the problem with testing anyway don't we want to know what foreign travellers bring into the country? If so why do we bother testing the domestic population? 

16 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The mask mandate especially in pubs and restaurants where you can sit and eat but only required to wear a mask when moving around is pointless especially with a highly contagious variant. 

If this is correct then isn't social distancing pointless as well? Wouldn't it also be pointless to limit numbers in indoor venues?

Don't these restrictions actually work in combination and isn't that why Scotland has many thousand fewer (pro rata) infections and scores fewer deaths compared to England? 

If you think i'm wrong could you explain why?

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I thought we should all get the booster. Why would you want to allow unboosted people to enter the country without testing them? 

What's the problem with testing anyway don't we want to know what foreign travellers bring into the country? If so why do we bother testing the domestic population? 

Exactly we are just going to see more variants entering g the country 

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Nucky Thompson
Just now, GBJambo said:

Making travellers take an LFT isn't going to stop that though

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Making travellers take an LFT isn't going to stop that though

Why do it in the first place then?

10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

If this is correct then isn't social distancing pointless as well? Wouldn't it also be pointless to limit numbers in indoor venues?

Depends where you are social distancing. It could well be pointless to limit numbers in indoor venues if ventilation is poor. 

13 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Don't these restrictions actually work in combination and isn't that why Scotland has many thousand fewer (pro rata) infections and scores fewer deaths compared to England?

There is a lot of factors to consider when restrictions are applied. Peoples behaviour, mask type and etiquette with masks and so on all play a factor in virus transmission. 

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

There is a lot of factors to consider when restrictions are applied. Peoples behaviour, mask type and etiquette with masks and so on all play a factor in virus transmission. 

Indeed, which makes me wonder why you made this comment. "The mask mandate especially in pubs and restaurants where you can sit and eat but only required to wear a mask when moving around is pointless especially with a highly contagious variant."  Is this your opinion before or after you considered the "factors" involved?

Why do you think Scotland has had a lower covid incidence than England when they have had fewer restrictions?

16 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Depends where you are social distancing. It could well be pointless to limit numbers in indoor venues if ventilation is poor. 

Wouldn't it be more necessary to have more social distancing in venues where ventilation was poor? You seem to be suggesting that people would catch it anyway, so why bother but doesn't length of exposure time and viral load form a major part of the risk?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )