Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

25 minutes ago, Ked said:

I dont like that schoolchildren are still required to mask .

absolutely ridiculous they still have to do that.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

There is a mental health crisis being caused by the pandemic, restrictions etc.

Some folks have had a rare old time WFH, furlough.

Some have milked it for all it’s worth .

Many have had their lives destroyed by their respective governments.

After 2 years of PPE all day, masking up al the time - it’s done now.

If some want to continue distancing then let them.

thhis is never, ever going away.

And I am done with it all , keep masking for years?

No thanks- or rather , how about starting to restrict people who are not vaccinated?

House arrest style.

It is they that are the issue now.

agree 👍

6 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Im having one of these badges if it gets me a bit more space on the train to stretch my legs out all for it

🤣🤣🤣👍

Dennis Denuto
7 hours ago, Ked said:

I dont like that schoolchildren are still required to mask .

Would you feel the same if you were a teacher? It must be quite worrying for some of them. 

28 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Would you feel the same if you were a teacher? It must be quite worrying for some of them. 

You’ve been listening to some union mouthpiece too much. 

12 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

There is a mental health crisis being caused by the pandemic, restrictions etc.

Some folks have had a rare old time WFH, furlough.

Some have milked it for all it’s worth .

Many have had their lives destroyed by their respective governments.

After 2 years of PPE all day, masking up al the time - it’s done now.

If some want to continue distancing then let them.

thhis is never, ever going away.

And I am done with it all , keep masking for years?

No thanks- or rather , how about starting to restrict people who are not vaccinated?

House arrest style.

The only reason I ask is that poster was champion of mental health when it was him - but now if others have to stay in, just deal with it. 

Dennis Denuto
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a number of family members who are teachers and to a person they are all desperate for them to be removed. It makes teaching much harder and much less effective in their opinion and the studies back this up. 

They all have slightly different views to risk but they are all desperate for their removal. I accept not all teachers will be the same but I think the vast majority will be more comfortable than you perceive. 

I accept there is a balance of risk/benefit but I do think we need to be looking at ways education and general indoor setting can have masks removed. Whether, that’s via increased ventilation or other method or just mask removal, Mask wearing in indoor setting is not a sustainable solution. 

The bairns education has suffered terribly during this, we need to get it back to normal. 

Anyway good news today most the restrictions are jacked on other step on the road to normality. 

I don't disagree, like most things it isn't a simple black and white issue as many would have you believe, that's the main reason I posted what I did.

Dennis Denuto

My two kids (10 & 7) tested positive on Saturday, so far no symptoms thankfully and both myself or Mrs Denuto have continued to test negative.  We were called by test and trace who told us that all of us must isolate until the 31st, which is not correct and the link in the text they sent us tells us we can leave isolation early with two negative tests. Also myself and the wife can carry on as normal if we test negative every day.

It was pretty shoddy that they told us incorrect information, being kind it was incomplete information, and it makes you wonder why or how this could happen??

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Agree completely . I am now completely Mask free now . I’ve done my bit through the last few years . Need to all just get on with it now . If your worried about being near people stay in . Oh and there have been a ton of people exploiting the wfh directive . Absolutely loving it . 

If you are in scotland you still have to wear a mask in some places 

16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You bash on I stopped wearing a mask weeks ago and no one has ever challenged it. Where is the evidence they do any good? Exactly no one can point to any scientific evidence that a mask stops transmission of it, purely a lever of control by the governments. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You bash on I stopped wearing a mask weeks ago and no one has ever challenged it. Where is the evidence they do any good? Exactly no one can point to any scientific evidence that a mask stops transmission of it, purely a lever of control by the governments. 

It’s the rules mate 

you are acting very selfishly if you can’t have the decency to wear it where required- is it such a big deal to wear one?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It’s the rules mate 

you are acting very selfishly if you can’t have the decency to wear it where required- is it such a big deal to wear one?

Yeah it is, a complete pain. How's it selfish? Wearing a mask isn't going to stop your germs going everywhere. It's a load of bollocks and I won't be going back to wearing one. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah it is, a complete pain. How's it selfish? Wearing a mask isn't going to stop your germs going everywhere. It's a load of bollocks and I won't be going back to wearing one. 

It is selfish, but it's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to, so I guess they cancel each other out.

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a number of family members who are teachers and to a person they are all desperate for them to be removed. It makes teaching much harder and much less effective in their opinion and the studies back this up. 

They all have slightly different views to risk but they are all desperate for their removal. I accept not all teachers will be the same but I think the vast majority will be more comfortable than you perceive. 

I accept there is a balance of risk/benefit but I do think we need to be looking at ways education and general indoor setting can have masks removed. Whether, that’s via increased ventilation or other method or just mask removal, Mask wearing in indoor setting is not a sustainable solution. 

The bairns education has suffered terribly during this, we need to get it back to normal. 

Anyway good news today most the restrictions are jacked on other step on the road to normality. 

Great posting. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

You’ve been listening to some union mouthpiece too much. 

Ive went right off them during this pandemic. File them under my " went right off " like Nicola S, Nadal etc :)   On a serious matter they are just bolshie as deck now complaining about the most minor things regarding employment. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The only reason I ask is that poster was champion of mental health when it was him - but now if others have to stay in, just deal with it. 

That's not correct. I said they can stay in if they are that " anxious" or seek support and help for it. Or just get on with it. However don't expect the vast majority to pander to their neurosis. 

33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It kind of is a black and white issue or at least a binary choice. The SG will remove the mandate or they won't, there isn’t really a in between option. 

Perhaps people could choose but that wouldn’t address everyone’s concerns 🤷🏻‍♂️

In geveral, I see this sort of point, ‘what about x’ made a lot when discussion about returning to normal. As a society we shouldn't be focussing on the minority when making decisions, it should be best for the majority and based on information not emotions. 

A minority of teachers being scared isn’t a reason to maintain restrictions to be honest, especially considering the benefits the removal has for our society. 

We have released most restrictions now. So again we can go to nightclubs, theatres etc in large numbers but the bairns can’t be taught face to face? I know which I value as more important. 

I'm not demanding face masks be removed but in reality it's hard to under stand the restrictions being maintained in the educational setting; especially if current trends continue. It needs addressed or at least some plan for it in the near future. I would be most disappointed if come Easter kids are still masked up. 

If teachers, or anyone, are concerned about removal of face mask restrictions, they probably better start reassessing if teaching or their profession is for them; as it will happen. 

Children should not be muzzled. Its wrong on so many levels. In particular for their social and communication development. 

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Thanks. Im exempt mate. But thanks for that information. Your a fountain of knowledge 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yep. People need to just move on with things Get back to normality 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It is selfish, but it's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to, so I guess they cancel each other out.

LOL that does make sense. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Great posting. 

Ive went right off them during this pandemic. File them under my " went right off " like Nicola S, Nadal etc :)   On a serious matter they are just bolshie as deck now complaining about the most minor things regarding employment. 

That's not correct. I said they can stay in if they are that " anxious" or seek support and help for it. Or just get on with it. However don't expect the vast majority to pander to their neurosis. 

Children should not be muzzled. Its wrong on so many levels. In particular for their social and communication development. 

Thanks. Im exempt mate. But thanks for that information. Your a fountain of knowledge 

Yep. People need to just move on with things Get back to normality 

LOL that does make sense. 

are you really exempt? Or just making it up? Since you say you “are now maskfree”’ suggests you did used to wear it 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

are you really exempt? Or just making it up? Since you say you “are now maskfree”’ suggests you did used to wear it 

Yes i am. I struggle breathing through it now.  Makes me anxious. 

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Like seatbelts or crash helmets? The argument is more nuanced imo. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

You can get visors if you don’t want to wear a mask

Also if you really are exempt then please don’t encourage others not to wear them 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe you should stay at home then

18 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

B93CB2E7-30E6-4756-8D0C-A7D5FB988183.thumb.jpeg.c632ea9a6aedcc70d6e2887992364d32.jpeg

You can get visors if you don’t want to wear a mask

Also if you really are exempt then please don’t encourage others not to wear them 

No that's fine . I'm a libertarian so and I also think people have free will.  Therefore its up to induvial to make their own choices.  If we couldn't it would feel like we were in a fascist state of some sort. 

200 (1).gif

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Maybe you should stay at home then

NO its good to get out. I'm out every day. Why should  i stay at home ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

If you are not willing to follow the rules to protect others why is that ok?

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

B93CB2E7-30E6-4756-8D0C-A7D5FB988183.thumb.jpeg.c632ea9a6aedcc70d6e2887992364d32.jpeg

Apparently in the murky world of sex some people like " yellow " so this comparison may encourage them to not wear a mask. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i am. I struggle breathing through it now.  Makes me anxious

When it's you, it's anxious.

When it's others, it's "anxious"

If you are not willing to follow the rules to protect others why is that ok?

Im exempt mate. Thats within the rules. I have also recently had covid so its highly unlikely that within the next few months and probably a lot longer I wont get it again 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

When it's you, it's anxious.

When it's others, it's "anxious"

Potatoe Potato lets call the whole thing off. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Im exempt mate. Thats within the rules. I have also recently had covid so its highly unlikely that within the next few months and probably a lot longer I wont get it again 

I think you are making it up coz you just don’t want to wear one mate

If it’s just you don’t like breathing with it on then wear a visor 

16 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

House arrest style.

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Agree completely .

:levein_interesting:

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I think you are making it up coz you just don’t want to wear one mate

If it’s just you don’t like breathing with it on then wear a visor 

image-23-10-21-11-03.gif

Dennis Denuto
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I thought that was your advise for the anxious people.....

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I thought that was your advise for the anxious people.....

Yes get their selves out as much as they can. If they cant thats unfortunate, But if they are that anxious whatugonna do as Tony Soprano used to say.  Its their choice. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yip exactly the same. 

im having a rare old laugh on this this morning . The zealots are out on force it seems. Fabulous. 

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like seatbelts or crash helmets? The argument is more nuanced imo. 

There's pretty robust data to support seatbelts and crash helmets. The proof that masks (face coverings anyway) work is flimsy at best. 

They also protect the wearer so the selfish decision would be to wear one. If seatbelts and crash helmets protected others but not the wearer then those wanting others to wear seatbelts and crash helmets would be selfish, yes.

Selfish shouldn't be such a loaded word though imo, almost nothing that we do is truly altruistic.

Given we're re-hashing old topics, has anyone developed an answer for the below:

If we are to wear masks because we should assume we are contagious...then surely you should be at home, not wherever you are wearing a mask?

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

" mask wearing for years to come " ?  Aye thatll be right hen

Individual choice 

if the person doesn’t feel safe then wear a mask 

Just now, Taffin said:

Given we're re-hashing old topics, has anyone developed an answer for the below:

If we are to wear masks because we should assume we are contagious...then surely you should be at home, not wherever you are wearing a mask?

Ah but your forgetting the deadliest symptom of Covid 

The symptom of having no symptoms 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If they do away with testing and isolation then the continued wearing of masks in some settings may have justification. If not then what exactly is the point of them because of the very question you ask. 

Edited by Dazo

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Individual choice 

if the person doesn’t feel safe then wear a mask 

Exactly. If people want to wear a mask and it makes them feel they are safer , that's fine by me. But don't force others to. Its a dangerous route to go down. 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

" mask wearing for years to come " ?  Aye thatll be right hen

Again stop encouraging other to not follow the rules just coz you don’t want to wear them 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There is something to be said for if you have tested negative then why wear a mask, that would need everyone to test every morning before leaving the house though.

I still think masking has a roll to play on places where there are multiple people indoors and there could be a build up of virus in the environment over time, I accept I may be working off old science on this thought and am very happy to be shown otherwise.

Again stop encouraging other to not follow the rules just coz you don’t want to wear them 

Again stop judging people if they are exempt 

I am exempt. Stop being insensitive to my exemption. Its agains the law to be like that really.  I didnt even have to explain why I was exempt but just thought id let u know. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )