Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Made up or something along the same lines as something I read? 

You're missing the point Red 

If I had wrote 'I read headlines along the lines of' would it have made a difference?

I read lots of things online that I can't remember where, but I know I have somewhere.

:D You're squirming like a proper squirmy thing. I thought you would have at least had the dignity to admit that you made your wee "factlet" up, but no, you're doubling down and still saying that you read it somewhere. If you had originally done a modicum of background checking and used an example similar to the one that FF found then it would have passed by unnoticed. But because you made up something fanciful and ridiculous, I personally took one look at it and said to myself "There's no way that happened". So, I did the research and found it couldn't have happened because of the way the initial cases were reported. Your problem was that you made up something dramatic in order to try and ease backwards out of your inability to cope with basic statistics yesterday, and you couldn't even be bothered to do the work to find a real-life example. You assumed no-one would notice - all you cared about was making a point.

The thing is that you still don't appear to be able to see the difference between the proper fact that FF reported and the "fact" that you made up and presented as the truth. That's the most ridiculous aspect of all this. The "truth" to you doesn't seem to be based on objective reality, but instead based on your subjective thoughts and opinions. In your mind, your "truth" is a good as FF's truth, and that's precisely the rabbit hole I was talking about.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D You're squirming like a proper squirmy thing. I thought you would have at least had the dignity to admit that you made your wee "factlet" up, but no, you're doubling down and still saying that you read it somewhere. If you had originally done a modicum of background checking and used an example similar to the one that FF found then it would have passed by unnoticed. But because you made up something fanciful and ridiculous, I personally took one look at it and said to myself "There's no way that happened". So, I did the research and found it couldn't have happened because of the way the initial cases were reported. Your problem was that you made up something dramatic in order to try and ease backwards out of your inability to cope with basic statistics yesterday, and you couldn't even be bothered to do the work to find a real-life example. You assumed no-one would notice - all you cared about was making a point.

The thing is that you still don't appear to be able to see the difference between the proper fact that FF reported and the "fact" that you made up and presented as the truth. That's the most ridiculous aspect of all this. The "truth" to you doesn't seem to be based on objective reality, but instead based on your subjective thoughts and opinions. In your mind, your "truth" is a good as FF's truth, and that's precisely the rabbit hole I was talking about.

FFS :rofl::cornette_dog:

There's a lot of assuming in there Red 

Personally, I don't give a monkey's if it annoyed you :biggrin2:

I wouldn't take what random people post on a forum so seriously if I was you :thumb:

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

That’s some analysis  🧐 

FF47DF9C-A17A-4BD9-8F91-E4843BCD02A7.gif

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Is that all you can come up with? Bloody hell. :D Mr "I will never admit I'm in the wrong and if you take me up on it and I've exhausted all avenues of ignoring it and futilely arguing about it, I'll just accuse you of taking things too seriously". :rofl:

Here, you'll need one of these. I hope you finally manage to get out of that rabbit hole. Good luck!

1094506-EBAY_1094506_product-image_GT826

Jeezo. You're rattled because someone posted a 'non' fact on the internet. The injustice

Away and have a lie doon FFS

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

B9A3B2D4-FD6B-4014-AE5B-B483BFF9F971.thumb.jpeg.36c2e64ee54980a8b449cae082910fd2.jpeg

:D I'm fine, BJ. I'm happy with and stand by the main point I made about the making up of "facts", but I have to say that I am not so happy about the way the "debate" with Nucky deteriorated. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, as well as detracts from the subject of the thread, and I apologise to both @Nucky Thompsonand the rest of you for that. The next time, if there is a next time, I'll try to make my point and just move on. Lesson learned.

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

B9A3B2D4-FD6B-4014-AE5B-B483BFF9F971.thumb.jpeg.36c2e64ee54980a8b449cae082910fd2.jpeg

Oh he’s releasing some pent up anger ! That’s great . Let it out 😂

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I'm fine, BJ. I'm happy with and stand by the main point I made about the making up of "facts", but I have to say that I am not so happy about the way the "debate" with Nucky deteriorated. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, as well as detracts from the subject of the thread, and I apologise to both @Nucky Thompsonand the rest of you for that. The next time, if there is a next time, I'll try to make my point and just move on. Lesson learned.

Fair enough :thumb:

The next time, I'll double check to make sure I'm posting a fact 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance you'll be apologising for calling our FM a liar when she stated a fact or for calling those who believed her "mugs".

Seems like it's one rule for you and another for everybody else. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:thumb:

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

No chance you'll be apologising for calling our FM a liar when she stated a fact or for calling those who believed her "mugs".

You're right, there's no chance :thumb:

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, don't want to post them. 

Ainsley Harriott
36 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

In fairness she has a history of lying so it's easy to imagine she was

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Fair comment 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

d6e9b136e4005b198ea26c23d3428187.gif

One of red’s better posts and quite humorous in a gif-off with james

:)

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

One of red’s better posts and quite humorous in a gif-off with james

:)

Yes I’d agree I think I got out giffed ! 😂😎

Nucky Thompson

They're now saying that Meat Loaf was seriously ill with Covid before he died.

It's uncertain if he was vaccinated, but one website is reporting that he had recently been supporting those critical of vaccine mandates in Australia 

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can’t always guarantee that a fact you are quoting is actually a fact because sometimes facts are not fact after all. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's uncertain if he was vaccinated, but one website is reporting that he had recently been supporting those critical of vaccine mandates in Australia 

Didn't stop the anti-vaxxers doing what they did with Betty White's death and immediately claiming he had just had a covid booster. 

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Can't resist..have you got a link to support this?

:whistling:

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

A Boy Named Crow

:D The least I can do after the wee bit of chaos I caused today is do the honours myself.

Here you go: https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-reportedly-anti-vaccine-before-dying-from-covid-19/

Ha, fair enough, when I click on the link,  I get a News.com.au banner...do you have a credible source for this 😁

(I link to the Murdoch press quite often, I'm just being wide...)

7 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Now, now - isn't it more a case of forgetfulness whenever called out on it? 👍

Ex member of the SaS

Just so you know this isn't made up!

https://www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-scottish-government-invest-ps55500-to-provide-free-badges-and-lanyards-for-people-who-want-more-space-in-public-3537790

If they are still scared of catching flu then they should stay in. I expect to see loads of these around Tynecastle on match days as there are loads on here still worried and hiding in their wardrobes. 

54 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-scottish-government-invest-ps55500-to-provide-free-badges-and-lanyards-for-people-who-want-more-space-in-public-3537790

If they are still scared of catching flu then they should stay in. I expect to see loads of these around Tynecastle on match days as there are loads on here still worried and hiding in their wardrobes. 

They would be better giving folk a bell. 
it’s not for Flu though 😀😉

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D The least I can do after the wee bit of chaos I caused today is do the honours myself.

Here you go: https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-reportedly-anti-vaccine-before-dying-from-covid-19/

Sounds like if he did have Covid (which is not clear)  he may have died with it rather than of it.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I don't think they should stay in but the onus is surely on them to avoid close contact with others not the rest of us. As it is the look of terror on some  people's faces if you get close to them in the street or on the pavement etc  is more effective than a lanyard would be.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think they should stay in but the onus is surely on them to avoid close contact with others not the rest of us. As it is the look of terror on some  people's faces if you get close to them in the street or on the pavement etc  is more effective than a lanyard would be.

I agree that the onus is on them.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You're in London, so it won't be a problem for you.  

As for terror on people's faces. 😆 Plastic surgery may help you.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Heard it all now. As you said they should stay in then if they are shitting it to go out. Let the rest of us . yes even those who have underlying conditions i.e. like  me get out and about and not expect everyone else to body swerve them. I think the majority of society has bent over backwards and suffered enough to ensure that all of society are as safe as can be. 

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I have a less parochial view of the world than you!

But I grant  I had your second point coming!

Edited by Francis Albert

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

there are loads on here still worried and hiding in their wardrobes. 

There's not though is there?

See the SAS thing, is that Society of Absolute Slavers? 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Heard it all now. As you said they should stay in then if they are shitting it to go out. Let the rest of us . yes even those who have underlying conditions i.e. like  me get out and about and not expect everyone else to body swerve them. I think the majority of society has bent over backwards and suffered enough to ensure that all of society are as safe as can be. 

Yea, this is a bit mental.

The fact the SG spent £55K on it is up there in the mental stakes.

How near do you need to get to someone to make out a badge saying give me space please ?

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

What about their mental health?

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Im having one of these badges if it gets me a bit more space on the train to stretch my legs out all for it

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Yea, this is a bit mental.

The fact the SG spent £55K on it is up there in the mental stakes.

How near do you need to get to someone to make out a badge saying give me space please ?

:cornette_dog:

I know

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Whit about their mental health? Im sure if they have mental health issues regarding covid they can  1. 

either stop listening to the scaremongering and attempt to ignore all media related to it 

go to their GP if its open discuss their mental health anxieties regarding covid and being near people and they GP can refer them to appropriate mental health services

or stay in anyway and this should help with their mental health unless staying in makes it worse.

However asking everyone to make even more sacrifice's isnt the way forward. 

48 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Im having one of these badges if it gets me a bit more space on the train to stretch my legs out all for it

Me too

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They must be struggling for things that are newsworthy :vrface:

Edinburgh Costa customer upset at server with 'mask under nose' and tied up chairs - Edinburgh Live

Karen isn't happy :lol:

Tragic.

Ridicules lanyards and the people they are designed for... but will exploit one if it serves a selfish purpose.

:vrface:

Fwiw I don't think they're a particularly good idea.  

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

There is a mental health crisis being caused by the pandemic, restrictions etc.

Some folks have had a rare old time WFH, furlough.

Some have milked it for all it’s worth .

Many have had their lives destroyed by their respective governments.

After 2 years of PPE all day, masking up al the time - it’s done now.

If some want to continue distancing then let them.

thhis is never, ever going away.

And I am done with it all , keep masking for years?

No thanks- or rather , how about starting to restrict people who are not vaccinated?

House arrest style.

It is they that are the issue now.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

No thanks- or rather , how about starting to restrict people who are not vaccinated?

House arrest style.

Agree completely . I am now completely Mask free now . I’ve done my bit through the last few years . Need to all just get on with it now . If your worried about being near people stay in . Oh and there have been a ton of people exploiting the wfh directive . Absolutely loving it . 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

House arrest style.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:laugh: 

13 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Free badges.

😓

Deary fekin me .

How cutting edge.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )