Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Correct . Health needs handed fully back to west minster . 

You want to pay for prescriptions and support full privatisation of the NHS?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, kila said:

Nah, only in a national health emergency or another pandemic.

Better with one national approach on this island. The differences between the devolved countries has been a farce 

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Prescriptions should be means tested .one of my friends gets paracetamol on a script ! Shocking. . Means test it again . And where’s the evidence that England is flogging theirs ? 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah, only in a national health emergency or another pandemic.

Better with one national approach on this island. The differences between the devolved countries has been a farce 

Yes 🙌 it’s been used as political football 

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes 🙌 it’s been used as political football 

Especially Wee Nippy running doon the wing with it 

The Real Maroonblood

Yes she’s had her 5 minutes of havoc 

Yes I noticed that tonight on stv news 

Correct . Health needs handed fully back to west minster . 

What a lot of pish as usual. 

Adam_the_legend
57 minutes ago, kila said:

Prescriptions aren’t free, we all pay for them through taxation. 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Much the same as £4.5bn in furlough fraud and probably something similar in dodgy crony contracts then.

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Much the same as £4.5bn in furlough fraud and probably something similar in dodgy crony contracts then.

Aye but wee nippy/adolfa, Devi, Linda and the dentist but

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Good point . 

manaliveits105
11 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland is not part of the EU anymore, they are part of the United Kingdom

Why do you care as you live in England?

:greatpost::gok:

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Prescriptions should be means tested .one of my friends gets paracetamol on a script ! Shocking. . Means test it again . And where’s the evidence that England is flogging theirs ? 

Maybe your mate is the problem. It costs about 30p for paracetamol out of Tesco . It actually costs more to means test .

As for your handing back powers of health etc ... Hopefully you say that out loud one day .

People go about folk who smoke, drink and overeat clogging up the NHS getting treatment, what about other life choices? Sexual transmitted disease, thrill seeking sports people etc... do you think they should get treatment?

At least, smokers, drinkers and obese folk spend a fortune on the economy. 

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

People go about folk who smoke, drink and overeat clogging up the NHS getting treatment, what about other life choices? Sexual transmitted disease, thrill seeking sports people etc... do you think they should get treatment?

At least, smokers, drinkers and obese folk spend a fortune on the economy. 

The obese, smokers , alcoholics , I think you’ll find tend to be of the unemployed variety so on benefits 😂

Where as the thrill seekers will be spending their own money on healthy food , new equipment etc thereby contributing more to the economy than the fat wasters. 

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Any ***** that thinks Scotland should be stripped of powers deserves to be openly mocked. 

Total Clowns.

Correct. Absolutely cringe in some folk. 

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

The obese, smokers , alcoholics , I think you’ll find tend to be of the unemployed variety so on benefits 😂

Where as the thrill seekers will be spending their own money on healthy food , new equipment etc thereby contributing more to the economy than the fat wasters. 

:notsure:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe your mate is the problem. It costs about 30p for paracetamol out of Tesco . It actually costs more to means test .

As for your handing back powers of health etc ... Hopefully you say that out loud one day .

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Morning my grumpy 😡 you ever try meditation or yoga in the morning ? You always appear to be firing on cylinders early in the morning . Watch that blood pressure . You don’t want to create more strain on the NHS ! 

I agree with you regarding the friend actually . He’s got 3 private pensions and still ripping off the NHS 

i have no Qualms saying our loud that Heath should be handed back ! As it’s been an utter disaster during this pandemic and used as a political football by NS and Dreary Dafiodil . 

im sure i can handle myself if anyone starts on me . I learnt those  skills a Long time ago in a cruel world 

Edited by JamesM48

15 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So another one that demands proof, yet when I asked for evidence posted by a covid scardy I was put down. IF you read my post you would see I can't find it with a cursory search and can't be ar$ed looking. So either you accept what I posted or you look for yourself. Personally couldn't care if you believe me or not.

You post made up garbage then get called out for it. If people state something as a fact then they have to expect to be able to prove it, whatever side of the argument they are on 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You post made up garbage then get called out for it. If people state something as a fact then they have to expect to be able to prove it, whatever side of the argument they are on 

Bollocks this is not a fact based forum, it's about opinions.

Ex member of the SaS
15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You make good points about the issues you have postings . Unfortunately there is an endless  mocking and ridiculing of certain posters and their posting styles  on this.   Yes some posters may struggle to make clear and concise arguments or points or be  incoherent and rambling but this may due to a variety of reasons.  But this is often picked on by some  posters who believe themselves to be superior and more articulate. ? Lack of tolerance really.  Its not a good look. 

She has been proven wrong on  so many occasions,

Yes luckily for kids their parents have the final say whether they get the vaccine or not. A good percentage of parents I know will not be getting their kids vaccinated.  Good on them. 

Cheers James, If they had seen and done some of the things I have they would maybe be a little different, but I find there are those who demand proof on an opinion based forum. At no time have I stated what I posted was fact. I heard /seen etc that people were being discredited ( mostly in the USA I think ) 

Then you get those who demand a link or whatever, but when you ask them for the same, they rubbish you for it. Never have I asked anyone to believe anything I post so if they don't like it or don't believe then fine what do I care. I also find there are those on here who have yet to live life and are from a generation so priveleged they don't know what real life is like. The phrase sheeple fits them well as they believe the government knows best.

Morning my grumpy 😡 you ever try meditation or yoga in the morning ? You always appear to be firing on cylinders early in the morning . Watch that blood pressure . You don’t want to create more strain on the NHS ! 

I agree with you regarding the friend actually . He’s got 3 private pensions and still ripping off the NHS 

i have no Qualms saying our loud that Heath should be handed back ! As it’s been an utter disaster during this pandemic and used as a political football by NS and Dreary Dafiodil . 

im sure i can handle myself if anyone starts on me . I learnt those  skills a Long time ago in a cruel world 

Fortunately, health is a devolved issue.
If you want to “ hand it back “ then vote the SNP out. 
Unfortunately for the anti-Nats, you will be waiting a while for that to happen. 
Handing any powers back to Westminster, in it's present condition, is batshit mental talk and, guess what, would cost everyone more, not less !
I despair at some of the talk on here !

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Unfortunately for the anti-Nats, you will be waiting a while for that to happen. 
Handing any powers back to Westminster, in it's present condition, is batshit mental talk and, guess what, would cost everyone more, not less !

The average intelligence of a unionist is very, very low. Cultish behaviour. 

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The average intelligence of a unionist is very, very low. Cultish behaviour. 

Im not a unionist. I have zero interest in Indy now though . There is a difference. I have zero interest if the vote is yes or no.  

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I voted Labour last year. My MSP got in.  A decent Labour guy. A rarity but decent guy. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Definitely even though our resident Indy smart arses think they are never wrong - you are  not allowed an opinion by the natsy cult you either agree with them or you are a troll 

They have learnt nothing since 2014 

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im not a unionist. I have zero interest in Indy now though . There is a difference. I have zero interest if the vote is yes or no.  

If you think Health should no longer be devolved and sent back to Westminster then you are a Unionist.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Cheers James, If they had seen and done some of the things I have they would maybe be a little different, but I find there are those who demand proof on an opinion based forum. At no time have I stated what I posted was fact. I heard /seen etc that people were being discredited ( mostly in the USA I think ) 

Then you get those who demand a link or whatever, but when you ask them for the same, they rubbish you for it. Never have I asked anyone to believe anything I post so if they don't like it or don't believe then fine what do I care. I also find there are those on here who have yet to live life and are from a generation so priveleged they don't know what real life is like. The phrase sheeple fits them well as they believe the government knows best.

You just keep posting in what you believe. Don't feel intimidated in not posting. Yes you will get mud slung at you like I have but keep at it.  Yes i think those posters must have permanent bookmarks on their laptop to various covid sites etc to back up their arguments or maybe just have a better memory than yourself or others. If they do that's fine but its not nice to demean others due to their lack of articulation or coherent arguments. Its cruel i think. 

Unfortunately many on this are frightened to express any disloyalty to Ms Sturgeon and her Govt so fight tooth and nail to defend anything she says or proclaims. Its a cult really. They are scared to lose face.  Even after the current level of restrictions ( which weren't necessary) they were still defending her to the hilt , not  really expressing  any concern to the poor businesses that lost a fortune due to lost booking before and after Xmas. its a very selfish attitude i feel. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you think Health should no longer be devolved and sent back to Westminster then you are a Unionist.

oh thanks I didnt know that. Cheers for telling me what i didnt know. 

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Definitely even though our resident Indy smart arses think they are never wrong - you are  not allowed an opinion by the natsy cult you either agree with them or you are a troll 

They have learnt nothing since 2014 

image-23-10-21-07-07-2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

well ill certainly not be campaigning for a Yes like i did in 2014 that's for sure but equally will not be campaigning for a no. In other words I haven't the slightest interest in the issue but for what's its worth it'll be a no again. Anyway this is off topic. There are various threads for that mumbo jumbo

Dennis Denuto
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well ill certainly not be campaigning for a Yes like i did in 2014 that's for sure but equally will not be campaigning for a no. In other words I haven't the slightest interest in the issue but for what's its worth it'll be a no again. Anyway this is off topic. There are various threads for that mumbo jumbo

If you don't want to talk about it then stop going on about health no longer being devolved, it is the first I have posted about it.

17 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

Scotland was in line with the U.K. as the scientific advice and forums were at a U.K. level. 
The devolved parliaments then had control over certain aspects.. but broadly they were fairly well aligned. Given we share the same U.K. govt and island, that makes sense (even if you don’t like the U.K.?) 
The euro link is tenuous at best and one benefit of non euro influence was our speed of vaccine.  I’m not a brexiteer btw  
Zero covid was a New Zealand strategy and China (probably the only one left) that Sturgeon and Devi used to play out and one that was doomed to fail and seemed to be agreeable as it was different to Westminster (as other polices seem to take favour)

Confirmed by the procurement process that we were able to order the level of vaccines we needed under existing EU laws. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

:cornette:

You make countless citations in your posts mate. Are you now saying you just make it up?

Ex member of the SaS
34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You just keep posting in what you believe. Don't feel intimidated in not posting. Yes you will get mud slung at you like I have but keep at it.  Yes i think those posters must have permanent bookmarks on their laptop to various covid sites etc to back up their arguments or maybe just have a better memory than yourself or others. If they do that's fine but its not nice to demean others due to their lack of articulation or coherent arguments. Its cruel i think. 

Unfortunately many on this are frightened to express any disloyalty to Ms Sturgeon and her Govt so fight tooth and nail to defend anything she says or proclaims. Its a cult really. They are scared to lose face.  Even after the current level of restrictions ( which weren't necessary) they were still defending her to the hilt , not  really expressing  any concern to the poor businesses that lost a fortune due to lost booking before and after Xmas. its a very selfish attitude i feel. 

The laughable thing is James, I voted SNP, I just don't like her or the way she has bullied the cabinet into going along with her power hunger restrictions, sorry protections. Her and her advisors are like moths to a flame and love the 5 minutes on TV.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Confirmed by the procurement process that we were able to order the level of vaccines we needed under existing EU laws. 

You make countless citations in your posts mate. Are you now saying you just make it up?

Go do one mate, I never made anything up and I am done with your petty moaning,

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The laughable thing is James, I voted SNP, I just don't like her or the way she has bullied the cabinet into going along with her power hunger restrictions, sorry protections. Her and her advisors are like moths to a flame and love the 5 minutes on TV.

Yes it’s concerning that there seems to be accountability or transparency about the decision which have been made for lockdowns etc . The critical thinkers deride BJ et all about his handling of the pandemic but least he’s been accountable to his colleagues and has been challenged by then . Meanwhile in Scotland it’s east Germany 1983 ! It’s all rather bleak . Yes there seems to be so many ex SNP supporters now . She may have gained some support due to her “ handling “ of covid but my god she has certainly lost a lot too . 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Have a… true not to get too entangled in this thread 🧵 it’s not worth it . Your banging your head against a brick wall 

C563EC86-E0BD-4D2C-B13F-44B0BCB0AEE8.gif

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The only thing I disagreed with NS on, was her stating none of the decisions were political.

They are politicians ! Every decision they make has been thought out with a political slant.

It's a bit insulting to state otherwise.

In saying that, and relevant of course, is any opposition to the Nats fits the same profile. If any other party were in charge over the pandemic, they would have made broadly the same decisions. And opponents of them would be calling them out as power hungry etc !

Simply, it's all politics, pandemic or no.

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you don't want to talk about it then stop going on about health no longer being devolved, it is the first I have posted about it.

I'm not saying Westminster should take back control of health permanently, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the UK government should take full control in another health emergency or pandemic.

It isn't just down to health which is devolved, other factors like border control, finance etc comes into play.

There's now doubt that different approaches on this island has been a total farce and I don't think many Welsh or Scottish people would complain if Westminster passed a bill through parliament in the event of future pandemics. 

Edit. I'm not answering for James, just getting my own opinion over

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Boab said:

The only thing I disagreed with NS on, was her stating none of the decisions were political.

They are politicians ! Every decision they make has been thought out with a political slant.

It's a bit insulting to state otherwise.

In saying that, and relevant of course, is any opposition to the Nats fits the same profile. If any other party were in charge over the pandemic, they would have made broadly the same decisions. And opponents of them would be calling them out as power hungry etc !

Simply, it's all politics, pandemic or no.

Said this before but she will do the opposite of BJ every time and that is why we will have face masks till the end of Feb while the rest of the country gets on with life. I have no problem with politicians being just that but like you say don't pretend you are not!

Some saying Boris was forced into no restrictions by his back benchers but where are the dissenting voices in the SNP?

It feels more and more like a dictatorship every time she opens her gob.

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Go do one mate, I never made anything up and I am done with your petty moaning,

"I never made anything up".

Got any facts to back your claim mate?

"No, I deal with opinions".

:laugh:

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Gizmo said:

"I never made anything up".

Got any facts to back your claim mate?

"No, I deal with opinions".

:laugh:

You really are getting irritating think it's time for the ignore button.

28 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Do you need to group me with another comment. 
One of the things the U.K. govt got right was the procurement of vaccines, as we weren’t part of EU we did this quicker and without red tape and didn’t need to wait, One of the few benefits of Brexit. Did we pay more, or did we help a few pals .. I don’t know. Again I’m not a supporter of Brexit … or any form of nationalism but here we were ahead due to U.K. and Brexit. 

Footballfirst

From the BBC

Sub-variant of Omicron being investigated by UK health agency

Scientists have said they are investigating a sub-variant of Omicron known as BA.2.

In a tweet posted on Friday lunchtime, the UK Health Security Agency said BA.2 had been designated as a variant under investigation - though case numbers were "currently low".

The UKHSA, the government agency responsible for public health protection, said the original Omicron variant, known as BA.1, remained the dominant form of Covid in the UK.

Further analyses would be undertaken into the new variant, the UKHSA said.

Dr Meera Chand, incident director at the UKHSA, said: "It is the nature of viruses to evolve and mutate, so it's to be expected that we will continue to see new variants emerge as the pandemic goes on.

"Our continued genomic surveillance allows us to detect them and assess whether they are significant."

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )