• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

If you're vaccinated you don't have to do anything 👍

Reading it again, you are right. However, that doesn't fit in with the messaging across the whole of the UK.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think it also covers household contacts, otherwise it's 10 days.

From the same publication:

Household contacts who are required to self-isolate

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, and you are aged over 18 years and 6 months and not fully vaccinated, you are legally required to self-isolate. This does not apply if you have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial or you are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons. Do not go to work, school, or public areas and do not use public transport or taxis.

Your isolation period includes the day the first person in your household’s symptoms started (or the day their test was taken if they did not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days. This means that if, for example, your 10 day isolation period starts on the 15th of the month, your isolation period ends at 23:59 hrs on the 25th and you can return to your normal routine.

You may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate, you may also be entitled to this payment.

Failure to comply with self-isolation may result in a fine, starting from £1,000. Parents or guardians are legally responsible for ensuring that anyone under 18 self-isolates if they test positive for COVID-19 and are contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to self-isolate.

Yeah, that's unvaccinated people. Fair enough as far as I'm concerned 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah, that's unvaccinated people. Fair enough as far as I'm concerned 

Here's the relevant bit for the fully vaccinated.

If you are aged 5 years and over and live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, and are not legally required to self-isolate, you are strongly advised to:

• take an LFD test every day for 7 days, or until 10 days after the household member who has COVID-19 started their self-isolation period if this is earlier
  • take this daily LFD test before you leave your home for the first time that day

Report your LFD test results after taking each test.

Regards

Confused from Edinburgh

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bozza keeping new year alive

Sturgeon draining the fun from life, which seems to be her only talent (apart from forgetting inconvenient things)

Disagree. She is also talented at surrounding herself with sycophantic idiots. 

55 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I feel much more relaxed now about Covid. 

Now that the medical experts of JKB have reassured me. 

Anyone would think they knew what they were talking about. 

Nothing to worry about😏

covid.JPG

I'm confused too.

The fully vaccinated in England are not required to self isolate when living in the same house as someone with Covid? 

And in Scotland we should self isolate for 10 days even if you're fully vaccinated and testing negative daily?

That can't be right, surely 

12 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm confused too.

The fully vaccinated in England are not required to self isolate when living in the same house as someone with Covid? 

And in Scotland we should self isolate for 10 days even if you're fully vaccinated and testing negative daily?

Can't speak for the Scotland part, but yes, you are correct on the rules for England.

YZJeUxxP_x96.jpg

Worth pointing out that the 98,515 cases reported below is England only. There is no official data publication for Flag of Scotland today but

has just shared provisional figures indicating that the number of cases being reported here today is 10,562

1/ Provisional figures for cases reported over the Christmas weekend show the highest daily totals so far in pandemic. 25 December 2021: 8,252 cases 26 December 2021: 11,030 cases 27 December 2021: 10,562 cases
Edited by Boy Daniel

Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Interesting read from a credible source

Seems a perfectly reasonable assessment of how things are going viz a viz the NHS.

Seems to suggest that we need more time to get a better idea of where we are headed. No comments about whether the current UK government approach is too lax, just about right, or too restrictive.

Fxxx the SPFL
50 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

YZJeUxxP_x96.jpg

Worth pointing out that the 98,515 cases reported below is England only. There is no official data publication for Flag of Scotland today but

has just shared provisional figures indicating that the number of cases being reported here today is 10,562

1/ Provisional figures for cases reported over the Christmas weekend show the highest daily totals so far in pandemic. 25 December 2021: 8,252 cases 26 December 2021: 11,030 cases 27 December 2021: 10,562 cases

Very good same numbers in hospital and icu what’s the problem 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sounds to me like England is going to just let it rip and go for a herd immunity strategy.

Could be argued that living with the virus, you'd have to do something like this sooner or later, is it the right time though.....guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looks rather like it. 

Boris is politically a bit hamstrung after 100 of his MPs revolted against his Bill to bring in the restrictions in England earlier in December, so it looks  like he's re-assessed his position on Covid  and decided to go back to "Let the bodies pile up" - Boris's priority is always his own political career, so in his eyes its almost  a win-win for him to be seen as the most "moderate" leader of the 4 UK nation leaders.   Its a gamble though - a lot of the English population who need non-Covid treatments and are stuck on NHS waiting lists might not forgive him due to NHS staff shortages/isolations.

He's probably also emboldened by the big  increase in vaccinations happening.   So within a few weeks, England will be at "max-vax", which is as good as (or maybe even  better than) herd immunity.   At least, until the next variant comes along.

Hasn't it been widely agreed that herd immunity cannot happen.

People are catching it more than once on many occasions.

Exactly the same as every other virus kicking around.

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Correct son in law had it twice feck all wrong with him sore throat is the worst he’s been me and the wife had it no symptoms whatsoever 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, pablo said:

I'm confused too.

Got mates in England. Double vaxxed you can just crack on 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Got mates in England. Double vaxxed you can just crack on 

Whereas I'm triple jabbed and can't attend an outdoor sporting fixture.

Welcome to Scotland, SNP style

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Whereas I'm triple jabbed and can't attend an outdoor sporting fixture.

Welcome to Scotland, SNP style

Its a complete joke. So many folk sitting on their arses at home because their 8 year old kid has covid and no symptoms.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Of course herd immunity can happen it is what vaccination is all about. As well as the natural immunity that actually catching the virus confers. 

Herd immunity with its connotation of treating us like cattle is offensive to some. But one way or another it is the only thing that will get us back to living something like  normal lives 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Reading it again, you are right. However, that doesn't fit in with the messaging across the whole of the UK.

Quite a bit different then. 

35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course herd immunity can happen it is what vaccination is all about. As well as the natural immunity that actually catching the virus confers. 

Herd immunity with its connotation of treating us like cattle is offensive to some. But one way or another it is the only thing that will get us back to living something like  normal lives 

That's odd because I was listening to an expert on the radio the other day stating that it's impossible for mass immunity to occur, the same with the common cold, the same with Flu. Hence being able to catch it over and over again vaccinated or not.

The new Omicron variety is allegedly evading the previous vaccinations and requires the new booster to ward it off. 

Why do we get a normal flu jab every year, surely the mythical herd immunity would have kicked in by now.

It's a tough one eh, who do I believe, an expert in the field or the biggest slaver on JKB. . . I'll sleep on it.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

That's odd because I was listening to an expert on the radio the other day stating that it's impossible for mass immunity to occur, the same with the common cold, the same with Flu. Hence being able to catch it over and over again vaccinated or not.

The new Omicron variety is allegedly evading the previous vaccinations and requires the new booster to ward it off. 

Why do we get a normal flu jab every year, surely the mythical herd immunity would have kicked in by now.

It's a tough one eh, who do I believe, an expert in the field or the biggest slaver on JKB. . . I'll sleep on it.

An expert? As if there was unanimity among experts? And who said herd immunity solved the problem or eliminated it? It will however get us back to living our lives again.

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Very good same numbers in hospital and icu what’s the problem 

There is no problem Apart from those saying there is a problem . Stand up chief mammy 

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Apparently there has not been many cases of serious illness of those who have caught covid twice . So that’s good news . I know I hate To spread good news on this thread 🧵 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hey……these have been flying off the shelves lately….anyone care to comment?

FB19A864-04ED-49B5-92BE-36068510C8EB.jpeg

Been bought in bulk from some on this thread it seems 

Dagger Is Back
12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed, then the devolved governments should be made to pay back the extra funding to the Treasury from other budgets.

That way they won't be so quick to piss taxpayers money up the wall

Just as a matter of interest, what budgets would you suggest be affected by this clawback?

Whatever happens its absurd what she is doing up here given England has no restrictions. If you've had the booster there isn't much to worry about which covers most of Scotland and certainly the middle aged and older.  Case numbers are not relevant unless it progresses to serious illness. We're all probably going to get this same as influenza and there is nothing Sturgeon can do except ruin !ives and businesses ( football included). Scotland deserves better. 

Prof Alice Roberts

@theAliceRoberts

·

6h

“The German government invested £452m in Oct 2020 improving ventilation in public buildings, including schools, including… air purifiers, described by Angela Merkel as “one of the cheapest and most effective ways” of tackling Covid spread.”

26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Whatever happens its absurd what she is doing up here given England has no restrictions. If you've had the booster there isn't much to worry about which covers most of Scotland and certainly the middle aged and older.  Case numbers are not relevant unless it progresses to serious illness. We're all probably going to get this same as influenza and there is nothing Sturgeon can do except ruin !ives and businesses ( football included). Scotland deserves better. 

England is your benchmark.

England is out of step with just about everyone else in Europe , many of whom have far more stringent measures in place (with more to come). 

So when you say Scotland deserves better, you're saying Scotland deserves Johnson. 

57 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Just as a matter of interest, what budgets would you suggest be affected by this clawback?

His post is fantasy stuff - "If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed" Absolute fantasy. 

28 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

England is out of step with just about everyone else in Europe , many of whom have far more stringent measures in place (with more to come). 

So when you say Scotland deserves better, you're saying Scotland deserves Johnson. 

I'm not bothered what Europe does. We share this island with ten times our population England so it is irrelevant what the dear leader restricts or closes here. It's not going to matter regards halting the new variant.  What do you care anyway? You are in England and not affected by Sturgeon's diktats.

Sadly between 23-26th another child (15-19) died with Covid. England 111 Scotland 7 Wales 3 NI 2 UK Total Child Covid deaths 123 + 1 (Official) MIS-C

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm not bothered what Europe does. We share this island with ten times our population England so it is irrelevant what the dear leader restricts or closes here. It's not going to matter regards halting the new variant.  What do you care anyway? You are in England and not affected by Sturgeon's diktats.

So we should get behind Johnson ?

Yes or No ? 

Geoff Kilpatrick

What I shake my head at about the whole thing is the abuse of statistics throughout the pandemic, with no respect of the phases of the pandemic.

For example, deaths and Long Covid cases are accumulated since it began. Fair enough. However, using those numbers to point score in a post-vaccine rollout phase is pretty irrelevant. Indeed, the 20% Long Covid claim seems utterly spurious post rollout, unless I've missed something.

Meantime, Omicron, on a like-for-like basis with Delta after the same time period since discovery, is accepted to be more transmissible. However, science seems to refuse to accept the empirical evidence (with supporting lab experiments) that Omicron is causing milder outcomes in humans in a vaccinated world. Perhaps governments need to actually rethink and truly let it rip. It isn't a crime. Covid-Zero was pursued for ages out here (and welcomed) throughout 2020 and 2021. When both NSW and VIC realised that getting to zero was going to be impossible while vaccinations got into the 90% plus eligible mark, they pivoted and accepted that risk would now exist and that the vaccinated were as protected as practically possible. Yes, Omicron has caused a spike in cases with vaccine evasion but hospitals are coping with the caseloads. The UK (as a whole) may accept this in the coming weeks. The epidemiologists can go back to their fields of research rather than being media whores.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What I shake my head at about the whole thing is the abuse of statistics throughout the pandemic, with no respect of the phases of the pandemic.

For example, deaths and Long Covid cases are accumulated since it began. Fair enough. However, using those numbers to point score in a post-vaccine rollout phase is pretty irrelevant. Indeed, the 20% Long Covid claim seems utterly spurious post rollout, unless I've missed something.

Meantime, Omicron, on a like-for-like basis with Delta after the same time period since discovery, is accepted to be more transmissible. However, science seems to refuse to accept the empirical evidence (with supporting lab experiments) that Omicron is causing milder outcomes in humans in a vaccinated world. Perhaps governments need to actually rethink and truly let it rip. It isn't a crime. Covid-Zero was pursued for ages out here (and welcomed) throughout 2020 and 2021. When both NSW and VIC realised that getting to zero was going to be impossible while vaccinations got into the 90% plus eligible mark, they pivoted and accepted that risk would now exist and that the vaccinated were as protected as practically possible. Yes, Omicron has caused a spike in cases with vaccine evasion but hospitals are coping with the caseloads. The UK (as a whole) may accept this in the coming weeks. The epidemiologists can go back to their fields of research rather than being media whores.

Great post Geoff

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We'll start with the budget that they have for another independence referendum :biggrin2:

They seem to be able to find the odd £100m behind the couch. It must be when they go to hide behind it when a new variant appears

Dennis Denuto
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don’t think they are enjoying being in the media. 

As to your other points, we still don’t have enough data to know for sure what’s going to happen with Omicron, but I still think numbers look manageable enough that we shouldn’t need these restrictions yet. 

Once all the boosters are caught up then we can’t really do much more to protect the population. So restrictions should be lifted in the two weeks into the new year target. 

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

As to your other points, we still don’t have enough data to know for sure what’s going to happen with Omicron, but I still think numbers look manageable enough that we shouldn’t need these restrictions yet. 

Once all the boosters are caught up then we can’t really do much more to protect the population. So restrictions should be lifted in the two weeks into the new year target. 

They won't enjoy the media I agree. Many will benefit from books deals / newspaper columns / better jobs etc etc. It's their Andy Warhol moment and they are milking it (and I don't blame them, i would to)

Dagger Is Back
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We'll start with the budget that they have for another independence referendum :biggrin2:

They seem to be able to find the odd £100m behind the couch. It must be when they go to hide behind it when a new variant appears

You might find this interesting https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-government-to-confirm-extra-funding-for-devolved-administrations-to-tackle-covid

Going back to your original point, it seems to me that your hatred of the SNP has blinded you to the detrimental impact on the people of Scotland, of any clawbacks that would affect other budgets.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

You might find this interesting https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-government-to-confirm-extra-funding-for-devolved-administrations-to-tackle-covid

Going back to your original point, it seems to me that your hatred of the SNP has blinded you to the detrimental impact on the people of Scotland, of any clawbacks that would affect other budgets.

Would you agree, though, that Sturgeon is obsessed with restrictions, to the point where she is almost looking for any excuse to impose them? The situation with Omicron doesn’t justify these restrictions. To be honest, Omicron never has - although I accept that governments needed some time to understand exactly what they were dealing with.

As an aside, that Neil Ferguson should never be heard of again. His projection of 5,000 deaths a day if there aren’t strict restrictions has been properly embarrassed. He clearly doesn’t have a clue.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If they don't have enough data now, I'm not sure when they will. Tonight's news here was demonstrating continuing downward trends in percentage of cases hospitalised with SA and NSW under 1% of cases and that is where Omicron is dominant. VIC is 1.5% and we still have a significant amount of Delta. More importantly, that is a continuing downward trend even with an explosion in cases. 

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Would you agree, though, that Sturgeon is obsessed with restrictions, to the point where she is almost looking for any excuse to impose them? The situation with Omicron doesn’t justify these restrictions. To be honest, Omicron never has - although I accept that governments needed some time to understand exactly what they were dealing with.

As an aside, that Neil Ferguson should never be heard of again. His projection of 5,000 deaths a day if there aren’t strict restrictions has been properly embarrassed. He clearly doesn’t have a clue.

A restriction can only be a restriction if it affects something you did or enjoyed pre-Covid.

Sturgeon has never had any interest in eating out, pubs, gigs, theatre, cinema or sporting events.

To me it seems like the most vociferous advocates of caution and restriction are those who hardly left the house before Covid and are now quite comfortable sitting on their backsides at home during it. Which is probably just human nature to be fair.

Edited by pablo

14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In Scotland you have to isolate for 10 days if a family member tests positive regardless of anything.

In England if a family member tests positive, you need a negative PCR test and daily LFT's to avoid isolation 

Our eldest daughter just tested positive on a lateral flow yesterday, so we all went for PCR tests with results back today. So if it comes back + for her and - for the rest of us (3) then we all need to stay home for 10 days and she needs to isolate in her room ?

We’d be as well all getting + and at least could have a meal together etc.

when the hell is she going to announce the change from 10 to 7 days ?  No doubt she’s thinking of putting it up to 14 days it wouldn’t surprise me.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Not all are enjoying the media attention but some of the talking heads popping up on TV certainly are. An example recently was a GP who got 5 minutes on the local London TV news. She did not demonstrate any expertise or knowledge that anyone paying some attention to the two year tutorial/propaganda we have enjoyed/suffered  would have gained by now. But she clearly enjoyed her minutes of fame and was profusely thanked for her contribution. Not blaming her or the others like her. Doctors and scientists are only human. But you have to question some of the news editors responsible for some of the wall to wall coverage of the pandemic.

Edited by Francis Albert

20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Our eldest daughter just tested positive on a lateral flow yesterday, so we all went for PCR tests with results back today. So if it comes back + for her and - for the rest of us (3) then we all need to stay home for 10 days and she needs to isolate in her room ?

We’d be as well all getting + and at least could have a meal together etc.

when the hell is she going to announce the change from 10 to 7 days ?  No doubt she’s thinking of putting it up to 14 days it wouldn’t surprise me.

Sorry to hear that, my wife tested positive, we waited 5 days for PCr test results, one of my work mates is 6 days , lots of comments about it taking too long on social media, hope you get a quick response

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's madness that the anti-snp brigade post as if Scotland is the only country putting restrictions in place when, in reality, it's only England that isn't. 

If, and it's a big IF, there isn't a big increase in ICU and deaths in England then they can claim to have been right all along, albeit being right only to protect Boris. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's madness that the anti-snp brigade post as if Scotland is the only country putting restrictions in place when, in reality, it's only England that isn't. 

If, and it's a big IF, there isn't a big increase in ICU and deaths in England then they can claim to have been right all along, albeit being right only to protect Boris. 

Just political though. Great to see the rest of Europe throwing year weight behind the independence movement. They love us. ❤️ 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )