• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Just typical Labour! 😉

I am now adrift from any political party. Started out as Labour then drifted to SNP and now free to any decent party. Trouble is there are none. :

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am now adrift from any political party. Started out as Labour then drifted to SNP and now free to any decent party. Trouble is there are none. :

I was Labour too, now SNP. Vote up for grabs if we achieve indy.

It's a shame this thread will never be viewed by anybody except about 20 self absorbed wafflers that are totally obsessed with outdoing each other for absolutely no particular reason.

The undercurrent of mass murder & violence while attempting to stick to the rules makes it fantastic reading.

Embarrassingly hilarious.

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's a shame this thread will never be viewed by anybody except about 20 self absorbed wafflers that are totally obsessed with outdoing each other for absolutely no particular reason.

The undercurrent of mass murder & violence while attempting to stick to the rules makes it fantastic reading.

Good post 

33 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Life's all about opinions and forums are just that. Not to be taken too seriously. The real world is different!

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

So you are a self confessed self absorbed waffler. Your self awareness and honesty are admirable.

The Mighty Thor

My memory isn't fantastic, how vocal was Ian McMenemy when the leagues were being called in March 2020?

It might surprise everyone to see that Stenhousemuir are at the arse end of League 2

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So you are a self confessed self absorbed waffler. Your self awareness and honesty are admirable.

Original point proven.

I rest my case !

Edited by Bull's-eye

Jeffros Furios
26 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

You're in the 20. 

And so are you Vinny 😀

Francis Albert
40 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Original point proven.

I rest my case !

So not only are you one of the 20 self absorbed  who you say are all who view the thread you view it so assiduously  that you respond barely half an hour after my post. 

Case dismissed!

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So not only are you one of the 20 self absorbed  who you say are all who view the thread you view it so assiduously  that you respond barely half an hour after my post. 

Case dismissed!

Original post proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Case closed.

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Original post proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Case closed.

The case wasn't even opened. Only in your heid :lol:

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

My memory isn't fantastic, how vocal was Ian McMenemy when the leagues were being called in March 2020?

It might surprise everyone to see that Stenhousemuir are at the arse end of League 2

Quite.  But football fans are only now being let down , "badly". 

And that article is a travesty of journalism & false equivalence. 

Nucky Thompson

Disgraceful watching a full Kempton park on the TV and then an empty Tynecastle park because health is devolved to a wee backwater administration.

Hacked off doesn't cover it 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Disgraceful watching a full Kempton park on the TV and then an empty Tynecastle park because health is devolved to a wee backwater administration.

Hacked off doesn't cover it 

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know mate. Just a bit pissed off sitting on the couch triple jabbed, watching Hearts on TV instead of being at Tynie

21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know mate. Just a bit pissed off sitting on the couch triple jabbed, watching Hearts on TV instead of being at Tynie

Be alright once the booster is boosted 🤣

7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

superb article.  It’s a farce in my opinion that football has once again been targeted.  It’s hard to see any light under the SNP regime, we will likely be hung out to dry for months. Get jagged they said, get boosters. Of course looking back they think the virus comes out after 8pm, and the biggest laugh was their claim that it comes out if you ordered an alcoholic drink with a meal so they said soft drinks only. The list goes on and on. It really is time to just live with this now before irreparable damage is done to peoples mental health and finances.

Football will always be her target.

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Your lucky my Canucks hockey is postponed, supposed to have been a game tomorrow but its gone now also. I fit come back it will be to 50%m crowds, and its strange even watching on TV the lowered crowd noise has an  affect. Last year the games were restricted to Canadian teams playing each other no American teams, no crowd, no pleasure. Without a doubt one or many ways and another this has been the worst two years in my whole life,not just an expression thats a living fact.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It does get to you.

It really difficult to feel upbeat about anything that is really special to you and your family and friends.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

We were talking about this yesterday at Christmas dinner. Sometimes, it’s easy to overemphasise the now and forget the bigger picture. 

Omicron, has, arguably, been the biggest scunner of 21 but you know what, we are still so for ahead of way we were. 

I heard some talk about COVID in 6 month chunks and suggesting there will be peaks and trough in those 6month, but each 6month would be overall better than the previous. 

It’s a view I prescribe to, things are getting better despite setbacks. If nothing else, and I’m sure you will, you can get pissed in you local. 👍

Progress can be a slow process but at least we are progressing. 

We will get there😃. (I maybe a little bit tipsy and I’m higher than a giraffe hat) 

Fair comment.

🍺🍷

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

superb article.  It’s a farce in my opinion that football has once again been targeted.  It’s hard to see any light under the SNP regime, we will likely be hung out to dry for months. Get jagged they said, get boosters. Of course looking back they think the virus comes out after 8pm, and the biggest laugh was their claim that it comes out if you ordered an alcoholic drink with a meal so they said soft drinks only. The list goes on and on. It really is time to just live with this now before irreparable damage is done to peoples mental health and finances.

Football will always be her target.

Targeting football is a disgrace. Up there with her wisdom to ban travel to Manchester last year. I sense more people are waking up to this nonsence now, finally. 

33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/astrazeneca-oxford-europe-fears-b1982611.html

Well this is rather interesting.  It may well eventually form part of the future at some point.  A transition towards scientists beginning to trust the entirety of the immune system instead of counting antibodies?

Maybe but there is no money to be made in trusting the body so I doubt it! 

Nucky Thompson
50 minutes ago, Victorian said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/astrazeneca-oxford-europe-fears-b1982611.html

Well this is rather interesting.  It may well eventually form part of the future at some point.  A transition towards scientists beginning to trust the entirety of the immune system instead of counting antibodies?

The Europeans might have shot themselves in the foot by playing politics and tarnishing the AZ vaccine at the start of the year.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

things are often only new / a transition depending on what scientists people have been listening to

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

highlandjambo3

New doom and gloom scientist wheeled out on Sky just now……another one I’ve never seen before, pant wetting about no data being collected over the last two days because of Christmas and, we should prepare for more stringent rules in the days ahead……..no doubt we won’t see her again as Sky will be looking for their next new expert for tomorrow………just GTF.

It would have been interesting (ok maybe not 😉), if someone kept  a tab on the amount of daily doom and gloomers that are wheeled out….honestly, it’s something I’m not able to ignore now.  Next time you watch the news try and clock the face/name of each gloomer, doctor/professor X with their earphones in broadcasting live from their garden shed….it’s likely someone you haven’t seen before and won’t see again………again GTF.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
38 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

New doom and gloom scientist wheeled out on Sky just now……another one I’ve never seen before, pant wetting about no data being collected over the last two days because of Christmas and, we should prepare for more stringent rules in the days ahead……..no doubt we won’t see her again as Sky will be looking for their next new expert for tomorrow………just GTF.

It would have been interesting (ok maybe not 😉), if someone kept  a tab on the amount of daily doom and gloomers that are wheeled out….honestly, it’s something I’m not able to ignore now.  Next time you watch the news try and clock the face/name of each gloomer, doctor/professor X with their earphones in broadcasting live from their garden shed….it’s likely someone you haven’t seen before and won’t see again………again GTF.

Nucky Thompson

It's looking like Boris won't be bringing in any more restrictions before New Year, but maybe just some guidance.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It's a contest to see who can be the best Rev I Am Jolly. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Europeans might have shot themselves in the foot by playing politics and tarnishing the AZ vaccine at the start of the year.

Was thinking along the same lines, this might come back to bite Monsieur Macron on the arse.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

I see they're using the word Oxford again

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was nothing to do with politics and it had nothing to do with "tarnishing" anything either. 

The EMEA always maintained it was safe for use. The majority simply paused while awaiting clarification on the question of blood clots. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sky has a few regulars they roll out, one being Dr. Deepti Gurdasani, now she has been in favour of ever more restrictions constantly, even when things are good it wouldn't surprise me if she still wanted everything locked down, anyway she's another whose been wrong with every single prediction.  100+k cases after 19th July, hospitals overwhelmed within 2 weeks etc, 1000 deaths a day, then when that didn't happen it was millions and millions of long covid cases if restrictions weren't brought back, then next was we have to lockdown because of the flu, everytime she's on Sky it's the same MO everytime from her, end of the world if we (England) doesn't bring back restrictions, type of doom and gloom from her.

I'll bet she's a real hoot at parties, probably sits next to an open window with a hazmat suit on, then again she probably hides behind her couch instead.

Nucky Thompson

If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed, then the devolved governments should be made to pay back the extra funding to the Treasury from other budgets.

That way they won't be so quick to piss taxpayers money up the wall

Edited by Nucky Thompson

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's looking like Boris won't be bringing in any more restrictions before New Year, but maybe just some guidance.

Again only because he'd need to recall parliament and he'd be out of a job fairly shortly afterwards. 

It's not because he's a great guy or has any insight different to anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed, then the devolved governments should be made to pay back the Treasury from other budgets.

That way they won't be so quick to piss taxpayers money up the wall

If England do bring in new restrictions will you apologise for all the shite you've posted? 

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

If England do bring in new restrictions will you apologise for all the shite you've posted? 

No new restrictions today, hopefully this will see the end of nippy and dreadful 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm not saying that England won't bring in restrictions. I'm talking hypothetically. 

Anyway, watch for Westminster passing a new law through parliament, taking back control of all health matters in the event of further pandemics and health emergencies 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )