• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Denuto
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed, then the devolved governments should be made to pay back the extra funding to the Treasury from other budgets.

That way they won't be so quick to piss taxpayers money up the wall

Like the billions for World beating Track and Trace? 

I think you need to start to accept that devolution is here to stay, it’s been over 20 years. 

On your general Covid points I agree that we shouldn’t be as restricted as we are right now. 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not saying that England won't bring in restrictions. I'm talking hypothetically. 

Anyway, watch for Westminster passing a new law through parliament, taking back control of all health matters in the event of further pandemics and health emergencies 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Like the billions for World beating Track and Trace? 

I think you need to start to accept that devolution is here to stay, it’s been over 20 years. 

On your general Covid points I agree that we shouldn’t be as restricted as we are right now. 

This pandemic has shown that devolved powers don't necessarily work in certain situations, especially when other factors like finance, border controls etc are at play

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

New doom and gloom scientist wheeled out on Sky just now……another one I’ve never seen before, pant wetting about no data being collected over the last two days because of Christmas and, we should prepare for more stringent rules in the days ahead……..no doubt we won’t see her again as Sky will be looking for their next new expert for tomorrow………just GTF.

It would have been interesting (ok maybe not 😉), if someone kept  a tab on the amount of daily doom and gloomers that are wheeled out….honestly, it’s something I’m not able to ignore now.  Next time you watch the news try and clock the face/name of each gloomer, doctor/professor X with their earphones in broadcasting live from their garden shed….it’s likely someone you haven’t seen before and won’t see again………again GTF.

👍

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's looking like Boris won't be bringing in any more restrictions before New Year, but maybe just some guidance.

Good man . Life is about risk taking not sitting behind a tartan futon 

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sky has a few regulars they roll out, one being Dr. Deepti Gurdasani, now she has been in favour of ever more restrictions constantly, even when things are good it wouldn't surprise me if she still wanted everything locked down, anyway she's another whose been wrong with every single prediction.  100+k cases after 19th July, hospitals overwhelmed within 2 weeks etc, 1000 deaths a day, then when that didn't happen it was millions and millions of long covid cases if restrictions weren't brought back, then next was we have to lockdown because of the flu, everytime she's on Sky it's the same MO everytime from her, end of the world if we (England) doesn't bring back restrictions, type of doom and gloom from her.

I'll bet she's a real hoot at parties, probably sits next to an open window with a hazmat suit on, then again she probably hides behind her couch instead.

She probably doesn’t get invited to parties 

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If England don't bring in any restrictions and get through this omicron wave unscathed, then the devolved governments should be made to pay back the extra funding to the Treasury from other budgets.

That way they won't be so quick to piss taxpayers money up the wall

Course she won’t . She will squirrel it away for Indy 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not saying that England won't bring in restrictions. I'm talking hypothetically. 

Anyway, watch for Westminster passing a new law through parliament, taking back control of all health matters in the event of further pandemics and health emergencies 

So they should . It should be taken back as it’s a national emergency like a war .she’s brown it due to constant sniping and politicising covid so only got herself to blame if health is placed back to Westminster 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're suggesting that Westminster have handled this pandemic well. That's not a good look for you. 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

You're suggesting that Westminster have handled this pandemic well. That's not a good look for you. 

Putting words into people's mouths again Vince :lol:

Probably should have been a Government of National Unity, with representatives from all political parties including the devolved nations, that way the whole of the UK would either succeed as one nation or fail as one nation, it would have also stopped all this pathetic political sniping and point scoring, from all sides.....we've administered more jabs than you, we've had less deaths than you type of statements, politicians from all persuasions seem to have forgotten that everyday real people are dying, losing their jobs, their homes their relationships, descending deeper and deeper into debt and mental despair, whilst they have their pissing competition, point scoring and finger pointing. 

Not one of them are emerging with any credit......not one of them, all just in my opinion of course.

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Probably should have been a Government of National Unity, with representatives from all political parties including the devolved nations, that way the whole of the UK would either succeed as one nation or fail as one nation, it would have also stopped all this pathetic political sniping and point scoring, from all sides.....we've administered more jabs than you, we've had less deaths than you type of statements, politicians from all persuasions seem to have forgotten that everyday real people are dying, losing their jobs, their homes their relationships, descending deeper and deeper into debt and mental despair, whilst they have their pissing competition, point scoring and finger pointing. 

Not one of them are emerging with any credit......not one of them, all just in my opinion of course.

Well said Jimbo :thumbsup:

Ex member of the SaS
36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly all devolved nations should have been involved and rules applied throughout the country so we all know the rules and all enforcement would be the same.

Boxing day sales where chocker today with no social distancing so what is the difference to football matches, and why allow them down south but not here or Wales. The simple reason is both countries want to do something different from Boris rather than what is right for the people.

45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Excellent summary 

48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There is a Government of national unity. The Conservative Government is now reliant on Labour votes to pass any new restrictions. 

And more seriously, behind the scenes, out of the news the 4 Governments are actually working together very closely. The main reasons this is not public knowledge is Conservatives controlling their rebels and devolved Governments wanting credit for being more responsible. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wouldn't let Westminster near Scottish health services! They'll sell it all off in time and are extremely untrustworthy! Thank goodness it's in our parliaments hands. 

I think most Scots prefer health devolved. It's safer that way.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There is a Government of national unity. The Conservative Government is now reliant on Labour votes to pass any new restrictions. 

And more seriously, behind the scenes, out of the news the 4 Governments are actually working together very closely. The main reasons this is not public knowledge is Conservatives controlling their rebels and devolved Governments wanting credit for being more responsible. 

Well I know about it, been mentioned by several journos several times over the last 2 years, maybe you've just missed it being mentioned on the TV news.

Brighton Jambo
18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I wouldn't let Westminster near Scottish health services! They'll sell it all off in time and are extremely untrustworthy! Thank goodness it's in our parliaments hands. 

I think most Scots prefer health devolved. It's safer that way.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19746953.scots-nhs-sale-firms-invited-bid-1-500-scots-medical-procedures/

The SNP are openly and directly privatising our NHS.  Don’t fall for their lies and warped  narrative.  

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19746953.scots-nhs-sale-firms-invited-bid-1-500-scots-medical-procedures/

The SNP are openly and directly privatising our NHS.  Don’t fall for their lies and warped  narrative.  

I don't "fall for their lies or warped narrative!" There's a difference between companies working on behalf of the NHS than completely selling it off which Westminster will do! 

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sky has a few regulars they roll out, one being Dr. Deepti Gurdasani, now she has been in favour of ever more restrictions constantly, even when things are good it wouldn't surprise me if she still wanted everything locked down, anyway she's another whose been wrong with every single prediction.  100+k cases after 19th July, hospitals overwhelmed within 2 weeks etc, 1000 deaths a day, then when that didn't happen it was millions and millions of long covid cases if restrictions weren't brought back, then next was we have to lockdown because of the flu, everytime she's on Sky it's the same MO everytime from her, end of the world if we (England) doesn't bring back restrictions, type of doom and gloom from her.

I'll bet she's a real hoot at parties, probably sits next to an open window with a hazmat suit on, then again she probably hides behind her couch instead.

My heart sinks every time that woman offers her tuppence worth.  I have never heard a word of optimism or positivity come out of her mouth.

I got a positive LF test on Thursday, did PCR Fri and confirmed positive on Christmas. Other than walks the only 2 times I left the house in last 3 weeks were to get booster on 14th and to meet a pal who'd been working up in Shetland for a few beers in a pub on the 16th, which is when I assume I caught it...Have to say it is pretty much a cold...None of the classic symptoms of headaches, loss of taste/smell, fevers. Just a bit of a cough, a bit of snottiness, a few sneezes.

I began getting a bit of a dry throat on the Sunday 3 days after going out, negative LFT that day, then symptoms got a bit worse through the week which I honestly thought was a cold so didn't do LFT again until my usual Thur/Sun... My stay in period is last Sunday until tomorrow - only close contact is the wife who is still negative but missed 2 shifts at the hospital at the weekend so we got Christmas together!

Have to question if it is not a good idea for us all to get this variant and be done with it?

Edited by Spellczech

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't "fall for their lies or warped narrative!" There's a difference between companies working on behalf of the NHS than completely selling it off which Westminster will do! 

For someone who claims not to falls for lies and narrative you have just parroted it.  There has been a Conservative government  since 2010 but every election we are told they are going to sell it off.  Yet they never have and despite claims to the contrary never will.  Yet quietly the SNP are selling off certain procedures, which I’m sure the WM govt does too by the way; and yet still the story to scare people into not voting for those evil Tories is that they will sell it all off…

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well I know about it, been mentioned by several journos several times over the last 2 years, maybe you've just missed it being mentioned on the TV news.

Totally. Every day there is news about the Governments working together.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I got a positive LF test on Thursday, did PCR Fri and confirmed positive on Christmas. Other than walks the only 2 times I left the house in last 3 weeks were to get booster on 14th and to meet a pal who'd been working up in Shetland for a few beers in a pub on the 16th, which is when I assume I caught it...Have to say it is pretty much a cold...None of the classic symptoms of headaches, loss of taste/smell, fevers. Just a bit of a cough, a bit of snottiness, a few sneezes.

Have to question if it is not a good idea for us all to get this variant and be done with it?

First two days of it hit me and the wife like a ton of bricks. Day 3 and 4 were better but still felt shit. Day 5 and 6 and we're pretty much over it now. 

2 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

If England do bring in new restrictions will you apologise for all the shite you've posted? 

Steady on mate, this thread is long enough. :laugh:

Edited by Gizmo

16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Have they sold off parts of it England? Genuine question I'd dont know

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I started feeling unwell on the 20th did positive lateral flow on 22nd confirmed by PCR on Xmas eve.  Wife had positive lateral flow Xmas day.

I had a very sore throat, was tired and had one very sweaty hot/cold nights sleep.  Essentially as you say no worse than a heavy cold and I worked from home for two days ‘peak symptoms’ as I didn’t think much of it.  Wife even milder, sore throat and that’s it.

All the friends we know who have had it recently report similar levels of mild illness and while I understand for the very vulnerable it may be worse the same can be said of almost all winter illnesses.  

It’s clear we need a change of approach and mentality based on how mild omicron seems to be but how anyone can convince a govt and a nation paralysed with fear over number of positive tests is beyond me.  

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I began getting a bit of a dry throat on the Sunday 3 days after going out, negative LFT that day, then symptoms got a bit worse through the week which I honestly thought was a cold so didn't do LFT again until my usual Thur/Sun... My stay in period is last Sunday until tomorrow - only close contact is the wife who is still negative but missed 2 shifts at the hospital at the weekend so we got Christmas together!

Yep, this variant does pose questions around letting it rip on a vaccinated population and building further immunity doesn't it. 

I was in a packed out pub last night, wouldn't surprise me if there will be a bit of Covid afterwards. I'm pretty relaxed about it though, going to get it at some point .

Edited by Lord Montpelier

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Christopher Chope was on LBC about  3 days ago talking about "propagandists" and "experts" pushing the lockdown agenda. When pushed to name the "propagandists" he refused but it was clear who he had in mind.  He didn't have the balls to name Whitty but was happy to go on the media and effectively trash talk him. 

A rather disturbing listen. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He’s just awful . Cut from the same clothe as her. Couple beggars and political game players . Hope Boris stays firm with telling them to gtf 

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I started feeling unwell on the 20th did positive lateral flow on 22nd confirmed by PCR on Xmas eve.  Wife had positive lateral flow Xmas day.

I had a very sore throat, was tired and had one very sweaty hot/cold nights sleep.  Essentially as you say no worse than a heavy cold and I worked from home for two days ‘peak symptoms’ as I didn’t think much of it.  Wife even milder, sore throat and that’s it.

All the friends we know who have had it recently report similar levels of mild illness and while I understand for the very vulnerable it may be worse the same can be said of almost all winter illnesses.  

It’s clear we need a change of approach and mentality based on how mild omicron seems to be but how anyone can convince a govt and a nation paralysed with fear over number of positive tests is beyond me.  

A nation not paralysed with fear is being told not to be paralysed with fear.

Rinse & repeat. It'sOK to disagree but talk of being "paralysed" is ridiculous. 

I never cease to be amazed by posts like this where there is a total denial of the reality this variant is having on the NHS. The published numbers from 10 days ago in terms of NHS staff affected in London are totally ignored because Omicron is nothing like as serious and hardly anyone goes to hospital or dies. So, nothing to worry about ? Even though there's reports of staff who're completely jabbed but who are off sick having had both variants and last week  1 in 7 doctors in London were off sick with it. 

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And if they all equally fell or shared in the success, then it would have stopped this constant trying to out do each other.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

He’s just awful . Cut from the same clothe as her. Couple beggars and political game players . Hope Boris stays firm with telling them to gtf 

Weird how Scotland/Wales are broadly in step with major European countries but because it's out of step with London we get these accusations. It's almost as if London has got it right and everyone else in the UK and Europe is wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think you'll be the only one thinking that.

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Weird how Scotland/Wales are broadly in step with major European countries but because it's out of step with London we get these accusations. It's almost as if London has got it right and everyone else in the UK and Europe is wrong. 

The Clownshoes Cult actually believe that. 😁

33 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

"Overall, there is no evidence of a significant increase in spending on private providers or widespread privatisation of services in recent years"

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/articles/big-election-questions-nhs-privatised

Just now, Savage Vince said:

The Clownshoes Cult actually believe that. 😁

That's my point.

Clownshoes = good 

Jimmy Kranky/Germany/France/Italy/Spain/Portugal/Austria  = bad.

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Just for those who tend not to open links

Scottish Covid cases hit record numbers over the Christmas weekend.

The daily case numbers recorded over the 25, 26 and 27 December were the highest totals seen throughout the entire pandemic.

Christmas Day saw 8,252 cases. Boxing Day registered 11,030 confirmed cases and Monday's daily total was 10,562.

The Scottish government warned that due to the lag in reporting, the actual number of Covid cases was likely to be higher.

The provisional data showed that Covid-19 cases are increasing significantly.

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is there any noticeable difference in stats between England and Scotland and wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿? Despite different restrictions ? 

41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For someone who claims not to falls for lies and narrative you have just parroted it.  There has been a Conservative government  since 2010 but every election we are told they are going to sell it off.  Yet they never have and despite claims to the contrary never will.  Yet quietly the SNP are selling off certain procedures, which I’m sure the WM govt does too by the way; and yet still the story to scare people into not voting for those evil Tories is that they will sell it all off…

"Parotted" what and by whom? I'm not a member of the SNP but I trust the Scottish Government over Westminster to manage the NHS. I don't trust unionist parties, quite simple really.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just for those who tend not to open links

Scottish Covid cases hit record numbers over the Christmas weekend.

The daily case numbers recorded over the 25, 26 and 27 December were the highest totals seen throughout the entire pandemic.

Christmas Day saw 8,252 cases. Boxing Day registered 11,030 confirmed cases and Monday's daily total was 10,562.

The Scottish government warned that due to the lag in reporting, the actual number of Covid cases was likely to be higher.

The provisional data showed that Covid-19 cases are increasing significantly.

41A2C7C8-AF69-4D16-A722-17E19A1F67F0.jpeg

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A nation not paralysed with fear is being told not to be paralysed with fear.

Rinse & repeat. It'sOK to disagree but talk of being "paralysed" is ridiculous. 

I never cease to be amazed by posts like this where there is a total denial of the reality this variant is having on the NHS. The published numbers from 10 days ago in terms of NHS staff affected in London are totally ignored because Omicron is nothing like as serious and hardly anyone goes to hospital or dies. So, nothing to worry about ? Even though there's reports of staff who're completely jabbed but who are off sick having had both variants and last week  1 in 7 doctors in London were off sick with it. 

And how many doctors are off usually at this time of year with other winter illnesses? And also how many of these are off because they are off due to the rules rather than through ill health?  I.e. they are asymptomatic of feel fine to be at work but have to self isolate for 7/10 days? 

That’s exactly what I mean by paralysed by fear.  These people could be at work but our fear’ of these positive cases mean we have rules that are crippling our services.  We need to change the rules of self isolation based on our understanding of the new variant.  

40 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I said "will do". I don't trust them and who knows what those charlatans are up to? We don't have a decent media to expose them do we?

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I said "will do". I don't trust them and who knows what those charlatans are up to? We don't have a decent media to expose them do we?

The media have been very good at exposing the Conservatives of late. Just ask matt Hancock, Allegra posh bird and anyone who was at a Downing St xmas party last year. 

I doubt they'll expose the NHS being sold off, it's not actually happening 

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Footballfirst

England (only) case numbers from the last three days are:

27/12/21 - 98,515

26/12/21 -  103,558

27/12/21 - 113628

I'd question the reliability of figures and avoid making any assumptions based on individual daily figures for at least another week, or until testing/access/processing of samples/reporting have returned to a more normal routine 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Footballfirst said:

England (only) case numbers from the last three days are:

27/12/21 - 98,515

26/12/21 -  103,558

27/12/21 - 113628

I'd question the reliability of figures and avoid making any assumptions based on individual daily figures for at least another week, or until testing/access/processing of samples/reporting have returned to a more normal routine 

But what is the hospitalisation data (not aiming that at you specifically by the way).  We are obsessed by case data when increasingly it is simply irrelevant.  We need accompanying hospitalisation, ICU and death data, they are all that matter.  

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

And how many doctors are off usually at this time of year with other winter illnesses?

Why don't you tell us ? 

And also how many of these are off because they are off due to the rules rather than through ill health?  I.e. they are asymptomatic of feel fine to be at work but have to self isolate for 7/10 days? Why don't you tell us ?

That’s exactly what I mean by paralysed by fear.  No one is "paralysed" and you know it. 

These people could be at work but our fear’ of these positive cases mean we have rules that are crippling our services.  We need to change the rules of self isolation based on our understanding of the new variant.  

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But what is the hospitalisation data (not aiming that at you specifically by the way).  We are obsessed by case data when increasingly it is simply irrelevant.  We need accompanying hospitalisation, ICU and death data, they are all that matter.  

The UK hospitalisation figure has not been updated since 22 December when it stood at 8,240.

Edited by Footballfirst

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )