Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

I wasn’t making a direct comparison. The poster I was replying to stated population immunity/reduced mortality would take decades which isn’t true or at the very least not a given. 

Ok, got you now, Atl. Yup, I thought that the statement wasn't a given as well. However, the point that the connectivity back then was much inferior to the connectivity now is valid. Before the era of modern transport, I can imagine viruses spreading into pockets, mutating, and slowly spreading back out again to hit folk whose immunities had lowered due to the passage of time, much like throwing kindling on to a fire. In our case, the mingling of the world's population is so great that, although it doesn't look like it, we're probably relatively getting everything at once in a huge flash fire compared to bygone times. So, although I don't know if the decades claim is correct or not, a virus might take a good number of years to cease being a threat.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Restricting the unvaccinated from close physical contact with the vaccinated is all to do with limiting the spread of an infectious disease. It's a huge non-sequitur of a  leap to the subject of the unequal medical treatment of folk who drink, smoke, etc., because of their lifestyle choices. Almost as if you're looking for things to be afraid of.

But it doesn’t. Delta changed that calculation so the only only valid argument is to prevent anti vaxxers taking up hospital beds. My argument is simple, there is a potential path to go from taking anti vaxxers freedoms away to finding other peoples freedoms to take away for the same reason. It’s not the way our modern society has worked but if the powers that be want to change that it require a national conversation. I don’t think this is a controversial view in light of how eagerly the political classes have jumped into authoritarianism. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your side of the fence is not exactly showering the other side with respect and compliments.  Again it is the moral high ground with you.  Damn straight I am ridiculing your side but let us please get one thing straight, I am treating your side the exact same as your side is treating my side.

The me good, you bad attitude stinks.  Big bad me ridiculing, wtf.  It is nothing but ridicule from the 'pros'.  "Conspiracy theorists", "selfish", "misinformed", "dense", "scum" to name but a few.

So I ask you please to take that argument of the table - we (both sides) are both as bad!  I respect your sides right to an opinion but I have zero respect for the opinion you hold on this matter as the way I see it - it is damaging.

As for the last part there you go again speaking on behalf of the masses.  I know many view me as a laughing stock, etc on here, but many I dare say do find my posts interesting.  I can't stress this enough....I give zero ****s either way.

I think you need to have a sober review of the way you've treated people on this thread over the piece.  What goes around,  comes around I8.  

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Who said anything that those figures were for covid, read the post again, in fact I'll save you the trouble and I'll quote the relavant piece.

"then we'd just have to do what our ancestors had to do and live with 50%-60%+ mortality rates"

Ancestors being the key word here, and things like the plague killed as much as 50%+ of the European population at the time, so yes facts are important.

So what was the point of your post on the covid thread? If covid had a 50% mortality rate I’m sure the discussion would be different but it doesn’t even without a vaccine.

When a new plague level event hits I’ll discuss that with you on the oh my god we’re all going to die thread. 

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But then referenced Spanish flu as a short lived pandemic.  So a comparison.  It was shorter lived than decades but that was inevitably due to some of the factors mentioned.

Just because someone references an event doesn’t mean they are making a comparison. The OP stated pop immunity could take decades, and I provided a real world counter to this for balance. 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your side of the fence is not exactly showering the other side with respect and compliments.  Again it is the moral high ground with you.  Damn straight I am ridiculing your side but let us please get one thing straight, I am treating your side the exact same as your side is treating my side.

The me good, you bad attitude stinks.  Big bad me ridiculing, wtf.  It is nothing but ridicule from the 'pros'.  "Conspiracy theorists", "selfish", "misinformed", "dense", "scum" to name but a few.

So I ask you please to take that argument of the table - we (both sides) are both as bad!  I respect your sides right to an opinion but I have zero respect for the opinion you hold on this matter as the way I see it - it is damaging.

As for the last part there you go again speaking on behalf of the masses.  I know many view me as a laughing stock, etc on here, but many I dare say do find my posts interesting.  I can't stress this enough....I give zero ****s either way.

Beelin.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It will never end, this is the bone of contention for many.  Covid will be around like a serious flu for eternity.  Chasing low numbers, hotspots, zero cases etc is just a dog running round in circles chasing its tail for eternity.

We simply have to live with it and build up our immunity.  I know this is devastating for many on here as covid restrictions and cheerleading give their life meaning but the damage that global restrictions are doing far outweigh the virus itself.  Long covid they say! What the **** are the long term effects of restrictions going to be.  Devastating!

We really should stop shitting ourselves 

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Just because someone references an event doesn’t mean they are making a comparison. The OP stated pop immunity could take decades, and I provided a real world counter to this for balance. 

Aye ok,  don't join I8 on the angry bus.  I'm not criticising you but it is a comparison.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We really should stop shitting ourselves 

We allow it.  What we don't allow are the many people that are genuinely shit scared about getting the jags and they have become social perriahs becasue of it.

So what was the point of your post on the covid thread? If covid had a 50% mortality rate I’m sure the discussion would be different but it doesn’t even without a vaccine.

When a new plague level event hits I’ll discuss that with you on the oh my god we’re all going to die thread. 

The point of the post was to say how thankful we should be that in under two years we have vaccines and treatments for a new virus, something which our ancestors didn't have, but that first sentence of the post seems to have been completely missed.

Red gave a far better explaination of what I was trying to get across, but I don't have that way with words, and not for the first nor will it be the last time make a hamfist of trying to get over what I mean, I know what I mean but it comes over different to others.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye ok,  don't join I8 on the angry bus.  I'm not criticising you but it is a comparison.

Aye, I should really apologise for my angry outburst where I calmly explained my position. A few emojis for good measure 🤬🤬🤬🙄

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Aye, I should really apologise for my angry outburst where I calmly explained my position. A few emojis for good measure 🤬🤬🤬🙄

There was a good point in your comparison,  which was never criticised.  

But it doesn’t. Delta changed that calculation so the only only valid argument is to prevent anti vaxxers taking up hospital beds. My argument is simple, there is a potential path to go from taking anti vaxxers freedoms away to finding other peoples freedoms to take away for the same reason. It’s not the way our modern society has worked but if the powers that be want to change that it require a national conversation. I don’t think this is a controversial view in light of how eagerly the political classes have jumped into authoritarianism. 

There are plenty examples in history, even in recent history, where our "freedoms" have been necessarily limited for the common good. One oft-quoted one is the fact that during WW2 we had to make sure that our homes were blacked out to minimise the possibility and severity of bombing attacks. Folk could have insisted on not blacking out their windows in the name of "freedom", and I'm fairly sure that folk would have done that in today's society where the idea of "freedom" has been disconnected by some from the companion idea of "responsibility". Even today, we have a great number of laws intended to protect and better society which limit the freedoms of individuals, such as laws against discrimination and hate speech, seat belt laws, health and safety legislation, etc.

Keeping the law makers in check is something we should be doing on a regular continual basis. We should ensure as a voting and campaigning public that the government do not unnecessarily restrict our freedoms in the name of the common good. However, a general argument about freedoms and social responsibility is a tough, tough debate which if argued in a general sense would probably get nowhere, so what we normally do is to take each issue as it comes. By all means we should be having debates on whether the NHS should be treating folk who need medical help due to bad lifestyle decisions (I am against such discrimination by the way) but that is a completely different debate from the one on how we can limit the spread of an infectious disease.

30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Who said anything that those figures were for covid, read the post again, in fact I'll save you the trouble and I'll quote the relavant piece.

"then we'd just have to do what our ancestors had to do and live with 50%-60%+ mortality rates"

Ancestors being the key word here, and things like the plague killed as much as 50%+ of the European population at the time, so yes facts are important.

The comparison the ancestors was ludicrous really.  Covid had a mortality rate of 1 - 2% and that is with a specific demograph. 

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I find your posts interesting though not always agreed with some of your points but nevertheless your always prepared to through yourself under a bus as such . 

23 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Im shocked that the left in politics have been very much in favour of lockdowns etc. I assue the right and possible links to fascism may have been more swayed to restrictions but the left lead by mousey weasles like Harvie and Starmer are clamouring for restrictions of peoples liberties. I dont count the SNP as left. They are tartan Tories really.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why discredit his postings but ascribing that he is " angry" , How do you know how he is feeling. its an often used tactic to discredit some posters views by ascribing negative emotions to the posting. Its used frequently on this by you and others. . 

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Happy to hand an olive branch to anyone on here as it is xmas but just one final thing regarding this post.

Why on earth would I or anyone not be on the 'angry bus'?

As part of the olive branch I have a hypothetical for you Vic.  Just say as a truce for the board, would you meet in the middle?  This would be to say that you have got it wrong in that it is all nowhere as serious as you thought and I would admit that actually it is more serious than I give credit for.

All hypothetical as I am still convinced I have called it right.  I leave a door open though as like everything I may not have it's number.

Do you have an open door also? 

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There are plenty examples in history, even in recent history, where our "freedoms" have been necessarily limited for the common good. One oft-quoted one is the fact that during WW2 we had to make sure that our homes were blacked out to minimise the possibility and severity of bombing attacks. Folk could have insisted on not blacking out their windows in the name of "freedom", and I'm fairly sure that folk would have done that in today's society where the idea of "freedom" has been disconnected by some from the companion idea of "responsibility". Even today, we have a great number of laws intended to protect and better society which limit the freedoms of individuals, such as laws against discrimination and hate speech, seat belt laws, health and safety legislation, etc.

Keeping the law makers in check is something we should be doing on a regular continual basis. We should ensure as a voting and campaigning public that the government do not unnecessarily restrict our freedoms in the name of the common good. However, a general argument about freedoms and social responsibility is a tough, tough debate which if argued in a general sense would probably get nowhere, so what we normally do is to take each issue as it comes. By all means we should be having debates on whether the NHS should be treating folk who need medical help due to bad lifestyle decisions (I am against such discrimination by the way) but that is a completely different debate from the one on how we can limit the spread of an infectious disease.

The bit in bold is my main point and glad we can agree. Different situations call for different responses so comparing the existential threat of the nazis and fascism with a virus with the IFR that covid now has, I’m not sure how helpful that is tbh.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Happy to hand an olive branch to anyone on here as it is xmas but just one final thing regarding this post.

Why on earth would I or anyone not be on the 'angry bus'?

As part of the olive branch I have a hypothetical for you Vic.  Just say as a truce for the board, would you meet in the middle?  This would be to say that you have got it wrong in that it is all nowhere as serious as you thought and I would admit that actually it is more serious than I give credit for.

All hypothetical as I am still convinced I have called it right.  I leave a door open though as like everything I may not have it's number.

Do you have an open door also? 

I've got lots of things wrong Si.  Happy to join you on the olive branch.  You're a right good lad in real life.  Have a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas fellow bampots  :santa3: 

I'd suggest the mods shut this thread til Monday, for the sake of everyone's happiness. But I'd only get shouted at.

Have a great weekend, folks. :thumb:

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why discredit his postings but ascribing that he is " angry" , How do you know how he is feeling. its an often used tactic to discredit some posters views by ascribing negative emotions to the posting. Its used frequently on this by you and others. . 

When you struggle to attack the argument, attack the person. Been used since the beginning of time but an obvious and reductive strategy. 

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The bit in bold is my main point and glad we can agree. Different situations call for different responses so comparing the existential threat of the nazis and fascism with a virus with the IFR that covid now has, I’m not sure how helpful that is tbh.

The similarity was in the necessary limitation of our individual rights for the benefit of society. Such limitations often come to a fore when society is faced with a threat to its well-being, no matter the origin of that threat.

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

When you struggle to attack the argument, attack the person. Been used since the beginning of time but an obvious and reductive strategy. 

Very true

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The pure nick of you James.  Have a banana.  

:vrface:

There's a wee xmas present for you Victorian. I dont feel ive earned the right to call you Vic yet.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I think you need to have a sober review of the way you've treated people on this thread over the piece.  What goes around,  comes around I8.  

59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We allow it.  What we don't allow are the many people that are genuinely shit scared about getting the jags and they have become social perriahs becasue of it.

Genuinely scared - of what, needles or vaccines?

If it's the former, I sympathise as I used to be phobic before I trained myself out of it. 

If the latter, then why? Why now - when we have a bad (but could be worse - MERS, as pointed out, has a 30% fatality rate) pandemic to deal with and the vaccines are the cure? Why reject science now, when we need it the most?

Considering almost all anti-vaxxers will undoubtedly have had childhood vaccinations and possibly holiday vaccinations without problems, why is it this vaccine?

I could list their predictable arguments (because they aren't their arguments, they come from the same small number of sources - long-term anti-vaxxers, Q-anon, Russian bot farms etc) but there's nothing to be gained doingt that as they have been debunked ad infinitum.

The vaccines have been proven effective. They have been proven very safe. They've been administered for months now so even if you could argue they are still in the trial stage, what more data confirming their safety and efficacy do the anti-vaxxers need?

If Covid-19 was to be 30% fatal (and we lucked out here, even if it doesn't seem like that) we would not even be having this conversation.

I'm not for mandatory vaccinations and I barely support vaccine passports as a very limited measure, but the anti-vaxxers are, to me, running out of genuine excuses. Bravo the 95% who did the risk calcuations, considered the greater good and rolled up their sleeves with little fuss.  

Edited by Gizmo
lol arms

Hospital and ICU numbers not moving at all in response to Omicron.

Surely the penny must be dropping with those who reacted with such fear and panic to a variant that is turning out,  thankfully,  to be a bit of a damp squib. 

Rupert Pupkin
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

The growing number of people testing positive for Covid after coming into hospital for another illness is a 'major problem', an intensive care doctor in Omicron hotspot London admitted today.

There is growing pressure from experts and politicians to distinguish between admissions from Covid and patients with the virus after MailOnline yesterday revealed up to two-thirds of new coronavirus patients are not being treated by the NHS because of the disease.

Tory MP Craig Mackinlay said that this distinction is vital before ministers can make any decision on further lockdown curbs because it will show how much pressure the NHS is actually under.

In the two weeks to December 21, hospitals in England recorded 563 new coronavirus inpatients — the majority of which are believed to be Omicron now that the variant is the country's dominant stain. 

But just 197 (35 per cent) were being primarily treated for Covid, with the remaining 366 (65 per cent) only testing positive after being admitted for something else. 

Dr Zudin Puthucheary, a member of the Intensive Care Society and physician in London, said the number of patients coming into hospital who 'happen to be Covid positive' is skewing the statistics. 

And he added the figures are further boosted by the number of people catching the virus on wards — with separate data showing 31 per cent of patients test positive seven days after treatment for other illnesses.

Ministers are keeping a close eye on hospitalisation statistics in the capital, with lockdown restrictions expected to be brought down if admissions exceed 400 a day.

The figure is considered to be the breaking point of the NHS — despite daily admissions reaching 977 in January during the height of the last winter wave of the pandemic. The latest data show hospitalisations are currently just shy of the threshold, with 301 Covid patients admitted on Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10342211/Doctor-admits-number-patients-testing-positive-Covid-admission-major-problem.html

I see this was completely ignored... 🙄🙄

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hospital and ICU numbers not moving at all in response to Omicron.

Surely the penny must be dropping with those who reacted with such fear and panic to a variant that is turning out,  thankfully,  to be a bit of a damp squib. 

While I tend to agree with you it could still be that older age groups have not been widely infected yet. At the moment it still looks like there is no good reason for us not to be at Tynecastle tomorrow. 

Rupert Pupkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I only realised last week, she was the wife in good fellows.  How the **** did I not know that🤷🏻‍♂️

I saw the many saint of New York it’s awful. If you’ve not seen, I don’t recommend it. 

Also booked ticked for the Soprano chat in Edinburgh next year with Chris, Bobby and Pussy actors. You going? 

Enough of the random Soprano chat.

Anyway Jimbo hope your good and looking forward to Chrimbo. Have a great day and hopefully you get what you want.

Good Fellows.. Is that the posh version..?😂😂😂

manaliveits105
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There's a wee xmas present for you Victorian. I dont feel ive earned the right to call you Vic yet.

Dan knows the score 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I only realised last week, she was the wife in good fellows.  How the **** did I not know that🤷🏻‍♂️

She's great too!

If you don't know Oz, check it out, it was HBO's first attempt at big budget adult drama, Sopranos was next. Fat Tony's wife's in it, with an awesome cast.

Sure it's really, really violent, and it looks very 90s now, but it's so good

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I saw the many saint of New York it’s awful. If you’ve not seen, I don’t recommend it. 

Also booked ticked for the Soprano chat in Edinburgh next year with Chris, Bobby and Pussy actors. You going? 

Enough of the random Soprano chat.

Anyway Jimbo hope your good and looking forward to Chrimbo. Have a great day and hopefully you get what you want.

im good thanks and hope you and your family are good too. A lot of the Sops cast were in " Goodfellas" i think.  I don't know about that event?  Can you send me details about it ? Sounds fantastic. 

Yes " the many saints of Newark" was a wasted opportunity. I was disappointed in it. I thought it would delve more into Tonys relationship with his mother Livia so the viewer could maybe understand why he was a sociopath. I only did it slightly. Did you notice that Vera Farmiga looked so like Edi Falco?  That was deliberate. All very Freudian.  

Hope you and your family have a great Xmas too. 

ps a wee bit trivia . In italian many saints is translated as " Moltisanto" 

I feel we have totally overreacted regarding the Omicron variant particularly here in Scotland and Wales. I think we need to row back on the restrictions at least to where we were before Omicron surfaced. We failed to listen to the advice coming out of S.A. and have badly damaged the hospitality sector in the process. 

US to lift southern Africa travel restrictions at end of 2021

The Omicron variant of Sars-CoV-2 is now the dominant strain of the coronavirus in the United States

By Andrew Feinberg

President Joe Biden will lift the travel restrictions imposed on eight African countries last month at one minute past midnight on 31 December, a White House spokesperson has said.

Kevin Munoz, a White House Assistant Press Secretary, said in a Tweet on Friday that Mr Biden would be lifting the restrictions next week after Reuters reported the upcoming move.

Mr Munoz added that Mr Biden’s decision was “recommended by the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” which was also the agency that recommended he close US airports to incoming travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi on 29 November.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I liked Oz, though did rewatch quite recently and had dated a bit. However, it’s a series that has a lot of actors who pop in a lot of other stuff. I’ve never watched the wire, think will give a whirl during festive period. 

Anyway hope your doing well. You and the mutt have a great day, tomorrow. 

Likewise

31 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

While I tend to agree with you it could still be that older age groups have not been widely infected yet. At the moment it still looks like there is no good reason for us not to be at Tynecastle tomorrow. 

You def cant be there tomorrow :) 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

im good thanks and hope you and your family are good too. A lot of the Sops cast were in " Goodfellas" i think.  I don't know about that event?  Can you send me details about it ? Sounds fantastic. 

Yes " the many saints of Newark" was a wasted opportunity. I was disappointed in it. I thought it would delve more into Tonys relationship with his mother Livia so the viewer could maybe understand why he was a sociopath. I only did it slightly. Did you notice that Vera Farmiga looked so like Edi Falco?  That was deliberate. All very Freudian.  

oops its Moltisanti 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I still quite enjoyed Many Saints even if it felt a bit incomplete... it feels like it needs a second part as Tony's rise still hasn't really been explored much. Corey Stoll as Junior was a highlight. 

I went and rewatched the whole of the Sopranos for a third time after watching the prequel. Still brilliant.

14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I feel we have totally overreacted regarding the Omicron variant particularly here in Scotland and Wales. I think we need to row back on the restrictions at least to where we were before Omicron surfaced. We failed to listen to the advice coming out of S.A. and have badly damaged the hospitality sector in the process. 

US to lift southern Africa travel restrictions at end of 2021

The Omicron variant of Sars-CoV-2 is now the dominant strain of the coronavirus in the United States

By Andrew Feinberg

President Joe Biden will lift the travel restrictions imposed on eight African countries last month at one minute past midnight on 31 December, a White House spokesperson has said.

Kevin Munoz, a White House Assistant Press Secretary, said in a Tweet on Friday that Mr Biden would be lifting the restrictions next week after Reuters reported the upcoming move.

Mr Munoz added that Mr Biden’s decision was “recommended by the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” which was also the agency that recommended he close US airports to incoming travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi on 29 November.

I agree , But it wont happen. They want to save face. Maybe they should have said the restrictions were just for one week and then may be shelved?  That could have been their get out clause. However they can easily repeal them anytime. i think if it had been in another time in the year perhaps they would not have been so draconian ?  But hey its the winter. Viruses circulate. 

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I liked Oz, though did rewatch quite recently and had dated a bit. However, it’s a series that has a lot of actors who pop in a lot of other stuff. I’ve never watched the wire, think will give a whirl during festive period. 

Anyway hope your doing well. You and the mutt have a great day, tomorrow. 

I found that too after trying recently (Oz). Loved it at the time though.

The Wire is essential viewing. Give it a chance though - a lot of people find the first few episodes a bit tough to get in to, but once you get to around episode 4 or 5, you're hooked.

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I still quite enjoyed Many Saints even if it felt a bit incomplete... it feels like it needs a second part as Tony's rise still hasn't really been explored much. Corey Stoll as Junior was a highlight. 

I went and rewatched the whole of the Sopranos for a third time after watching the prequel. Still brilliant.

Yes i liked it but just felt they could have concentrated a bit more about Tony and his mother. Also his relationship with his dad? Why did he become so emasculated by Livia ? That relationship set the template for Tony's relationships with women. Carmela is basically a nice version of his mother I feel. Yes he was great as Junior and the guy who played Dickie too. I definitely think there is room for another film or even a series ? I have been reading the Sopranos wiki online and think ill be due my third watch soon. Been great reading about it all again. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I found that too after trying recently (Oz). Loved it at the time though.

The Wire is essential viewing. Give it a chance though - a lot of people find the first few episodes a bit tough to get in to, but once you get to around episode 4 or 5, you're hooked.

The wire is my second favourite all time show behind the Sopranos.  Honourable mentions to 

" Oz"    " The Americans"   " Six feet under" " Boardwalk Empire" " Fargo" 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The wire is my second favourite all time show behind the Sopranos.  Honourable mentions to 

The Americans, I totally lost interest when her astonished sister turned up

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I keep changing my mind on which I prefer more. I rewatch The Sopranos and think that is the best ever. Then I'll rewatch The Wire and think the same about that. :lol: 

Both head and shoulders above the competition.

Sopranos, Goodfellows etc. - the Coronavirus pandemic thread's equivalent to the opposing forces having an informal truce and playing football in no man's land on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas everyone. :) :santa2:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )