• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

But he'll not be politicking of course. Just those nasty nats. 

Of course he’s politicking but he’s just as much as a **** as Sturgeon is.  The sooner we are rid of both of them the better the UK and our lives will be.  

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

F08E56FA-A8C6-4949-AC25-91683DC5CEAD.jpeg

Well said bhoys 

I see Nipoleon hasnt reduced the 10 day isolation yet either - bizzare fruitcake - time for her to go for her own health and take Swinney with her .

A red letter day I feel.  I am on board with the Green Brigade.

i8 'O' Hibsh

Edited by i8hibsh

Adam_the_legend
24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

More good news, AZ are saying a 3 dose regime  provides broadly same as immunity levels to omicron as delta after 2. They also believe that the t cells are kicking in against it, which also another positive.

You’re doing it wrong mate. These are the wrong type of scientists to be listening to. The ones who predict cataclysm and demand everyone be locked in their houses indefinitely, sorry, I mean “just 3 weeks”, ahem, are the only ones we should be listening to. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait.....what?

See when you've reached the point in your life where you find yourself on the same side of the 'argument' as the aresholes of the green brigade then its probably time for a re-evaluation of where you're headed. 

The green brigade :facepalm:

Pedantic I know, but the Bhoys group are a separate entity to the GB. They split from the main group six years ago following various issue disputes.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

I take your point.

👍

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There is not one bit of information regarding covid that you are privy to that I am not.  Of this I am certain.

Like you and every one else on this thread I have read, watched and listened for the past 21 months.  I have taken it all on board and made my own conclusion.  This is how I interpret it, this is how it resonates and this is how I see it.  

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47by5uq3bzsbypdg1h5z

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Of course he’s politicking but he’s just as much as a **** as Sturgeon is.  The sooner we are rid of both of them the better the UK and our lives will be.  

But the Mammy's disciples immediately assume you are a Tory if you criticise her. They cant comprehend that folk can despise both.

Adam_the_legend
30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

For people to realise the political argument is a wild goose chase.

You said it yourself.  These measures are deeply unpopular.  Yet they're still going ahead.  Decisions made in spite of political damage.

The drop in support of restrictions is very recent so is more a misjudgment from NS than proof it’s not political. She has weaponised the pandemic to show the weaknesses of the union and many of her decisions seemed calculated to highlight such. I just can’t see how you can argue the point that at least some of the comments and decisions taken during this have had a political component. 

Brighton Jambo
30 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

The state of this and this thread more generally. Some people could look very silly in just a couple of weeks time. Also, people elect politicians to take difficult and unpopular decisions when they are deemed to be required. You are the one swaggering about his thread looking for political gains. Have a day off.

You don’t like my swaggering about, stick me on ignore.  That’s what it’s there for.  

Adam_the_legend
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why would any government shut down if it's not required. Look at Boris, he knows he has to , but doesn't want people to dislike him, he'd rather everyone was infected. 

Well done The Scottish, Welsh and NI devolved parliaments. And well done Boris if he every comes of the toilet 🚽

Omicron may be less potent, but it's more infectious, so they need to stop the spread until the booster gets into combat mob.

Fear, plain and simple. NS knows she’s on the hook for care home deaths at the beginning of the pandemic so has over corrected to be super cautious to provide her with additional cover during the public enquiry. 

Dennis Denuto

People talk on this thread as if there has been any real difference in the handling of the Covid crisis across the UK's Nations. Bar a few days and a few tweaks here and there it has been pretty much the same decisions arrived at from the same data and the same science and advisors.  Even now there is a very good chance that England will follow the other parts of the UK in the next few days.  People are seeing what they want to see through their own political leanings.

The one big difference of course are the Parties and Contracts scandals.

BTW Scotland's numbers still not shooting up.........

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You don’t like my swaggering about, stick me on ignore.  That’s what it’s there for.  

Didn't actually know you could do that. Done.

Nucky Thompson

6k new cases in Scotland today, that includes some that weren't reported yesterday.

It's been 13 days since Sturgeon said that omicron will become dominant in a couple of days and a tsunami of infections will run riot and we could get up to 25k a day.

OK, omicron become dominant, but the other stuff :wattie:

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Mandatory outdoor mask wearing is pretty funny to be honest.

Well, unless you're Spanish 😂😂

I was in a shopping centre in Tenerife a few weeks ago, which was part indoors, part outdoors.  It was a regulatory requirement to wear masks indoors, but the centre also had a policy - strictly enforced - that masks had to be worn in the outdoor areas as well.  It was weird.

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

6k new cases in Scotland today, that includes some that weren't reported yesterday.

It's been 13 days since Sturgeon said that omicron will become dominant in a couple of days and a tsunami of infections will run riot and we could get up to 25k a day.

OK, omicron become dominant, but the other stuff :wattie:

No it doesn't, they changed yesterday's number up to 5967 from 2434

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

People talk on this thread as if there has been any real difference in the handling of the Covid crisis across the UK's Nations. Bar a few days and a few tweaks here and there it has been pretty much the same decisions arrived at from the same data and the same science and advisors.  Even now there is a very good chance that England will follow the other parts of the UK in the next few days.  People are seeing what they want to see through their own political leanings.

That's not true Dennis. England were living without masks since July and only brought Covid passports in last week.

The data will have to change for England to follow the devolved nations next week.

I hope they don't and it turns out to be the right call

48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Mainland hour south of Alicante till February - always a good new year there and Three Kings Day 6th January 

better there than having the one queens three weeks in Scotland 

Here you go:

JoeBa9J2.jpg

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's not true Dennis. England were living without masks since July and only brought Covid passports in last week.

The data will have to change for England to follow the devolved nations next week.

Yeah but not any real differences, a wee bit of masking here and there and Vaccine Passport, not like one was in lockdown for 6 months and the other was no restrictions, it is only tinkering round the edges

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I was in a shopping centre in Tenerife a few weeks ago, which was part indoors, part outdoors.  It was a regulatory requirement to wear masks indoors, but the centre also had a policy - strictly enforced - that masks had to be worn in the outdoor areas as well.  It was weird.

Busy outdoor places where you can't maintain a 1.5m distance also require masks in Spain.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Edited by Nucky Thompson
double post

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Busy outdoor places where you can't maintain a 1.5m distance also require masks in Spain.

I didn't know that, though in this case the centre didn't care about the distance, they just wanted masks. 

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

People are seeing what they want to see through their own political leanings.

Including you perhaps?

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Anti SNP chanting at the games last night.  Videos of fans chanting stick the ‘booster up your ***’. The picture below.

Young people told if you get your booster and have vaccine passports you can do all the things you like.  Now the things they like have been taken away anyway so why would they comply in the future with what’s asked of them?

Real tangible growing anger at how this is being handled and the usual bores on the internet (in which I include myself) pontificating about it being the sensible approach completely miss the point that once you lose the public support this goes downhill very quickly.  Still on the plus side her support is plummeting by the hour so every cloud and all that.  

F08E56FA-A8C6-4949-AC25-91683DC5CEAD.jpeg

The GB have always hated the SNP. There are/have been plenty murals around Celtic Park to evidence this. 

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Including you perhaps?

What am I seeing?

I very much do not approve of the new restrictions imposed on Scotland, I hope Boris is making the right calls, it is the way I would have gone just now.

That is not how a vote.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not a Boris fan by any stretch but it took balls to go through with freedom day against SAGEs advice. Here’s what England and Scotland hospital admissions looked like after England dumped masks, wfh…etc. 

image.jpeg.711e90cf8e4c1527ca1efc8014d09160.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was in Northumbria in late September and masks were worn everywhere, I was actually quite surprised. 

The Mighty Thor
44 minutes ago, Boab said:

Pedantic I know, but the Bhoys group are a separate entity to the GB. They split from the main group six years ago following various issue disputes.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

I take your point.

👍

Thanks for the correction.

I'm not au fait with the internal politics of Timothy. 

☹️

54 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I know out of ten family members who all voted for independence only two are still for it she’ll have to resign the same as fat Eck after another vote no 

Just the 10? 😊

17 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Last Thursday the 7 day rate per 100,00 was 472.5 in Edinburgh. Today it is 1054.7, so the numbers are certainly going up quite a bit. 

56 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I know out of ten family members who all voted for independence only two are still for it she’ll have to resign the same as fat Eck after another vote no 

I know a man who voted SNP in this year's election, and as soon as he got home he projectile vomited, went blind, got red diarrhoea and got blood in his urine and semen.  He's still in ICU in an induced coma.

Or maybe that was when he got the Covid-19 vaccine.  Or some other oul' shite.  Who knows?

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

.....and it will be even stricter as of tomorrow, with mask required everywhere outdoors except on the beach, in rural areas and when exercising.  

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Last Thursday the 7 day rate per 100,00 was 472.5 in Edinburgh. Today it is 1054.7, so the numbers are certainly going up quite a bit. 

So roughly 5,200 cases in Edinburgh this week.

Any data on hospital numbers in Edinburgh?

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thanks for the correction.

I'm not au fait with the internal politics of Timothy. 

☹️

Yeah, some of the politics of certain groups are distasteful to many but the Ultra world is a vast and broad church.

Glasgow's versions were always going to follow predictable lines !

30 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I guess in that scenario it saves you having to remember to put it back on. My partner hates it when I wear a woolie hat and let my mask dangle from one ear held in place by my hat in between shop visits 😂

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I guess in that scenario it saves you having to remember to put it back on. My partner hates it when I wear a woolie hat and let my mask dangle from one ear held in place by my hat in between shop visits 😂

I solved that problem. I never wear one unless on a busy bus 

17 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I was in Northumbria in late September and masks were worn everywhere, I was actually quite surprised. 

That is surprising. I was in Lancashire at the same time and everyone looked at us as ifwe had two heads as we entered pubs etc !

Footballfirst

The proportion of Omicron cases in Scotland has now reached 72.9%, as reported in today's data.

When you extrapolate the trend in Omicron share against the daily case numbers, it shows that Delta cases have fallen from a average of over 2,500 a day at the start of December down to 1,840 over the last few days.

That fall is helpful in suppressing the rise in overall cases numbers, even with Omicron increased transmissibility. An added benefit for the NHS, is that hospital admissions with Delta should fall while Omicron hopefully requires a lesser proportion of serious infections requiring a hospital stay.  

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It helps - but I've lost a couple of masks overboard by trying to drink tea or coffee through them. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It helps - but I've lost a couple of masks overboard by trying to drink tea or coffee through them. :laugh:

😂😂

My granddaughter has just caught it off her big brother! She had respiratory problems when she was a baby and was at sick kids twice so we're obviously a little worried. The whole family were meant to meet up for Christmas Dinner! Covid can do one! Fed up with it.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

NHS Lothian was up 9 since yesterday to 83.  The number had bottomed out at 67 a week or so ago, so it is starting to creep up.  ICU beds have been stable at 4 or 5 for the last week or more. The last time they were in double figures was in early November.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I posted a lengthy post on that a couple of days ago.

Yes the measures are unpopular but the political advantage is she gets to appear in front of the Scottish people lamenting the fact she doesn’t have the funding she needs and if Scotland was independent she could do so much more.  

She knew exactly what she was doing when she said things that meant people stopped going to hospitality, it was a perfect opportunity to then hammer Boris for not giving more money and the fact Scotland can’t borrow.

I think she played the first half of the pandemic perfectly from a political viewpoint hence the soaring polling at the time, now she’s getting it wrong.  You ask why she’s doing it if it’s unpopular. 1. It’s not unpopular to all, 2. She’s nailed her colours to the mast about being super cautious and can’t be seen to change now 3. She doesn’t have a party willing to challenge her and make her think differently in light of changing data.  I don’t think Boris being hampered by back benches is a good think but all leaders should face public scrutiny by their own party.  A healthy democracy depends on it.  

👍👍👍

57 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

But the Mammy's disciples immediately assume you are a Tory if you criticise her. They cant comprehend that folk can despise both.

They really can’t . 

53 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The drop in support of restrictions is very recent so is more a misjudgment from NS than proof it’s not political. She has weaponised the pandemic to show the weaknesses of the union and many of her decisions seemed calculated to highlight such. I just can’t see how you can argue the point that at least some of the comments and decisions taken during this have had a political component. 

She’s made a rod for her own back now really . 

25 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not a Boris fan by any stretch but it took balls to go through with freedom day against SAGEs advice. Here’s what England and Scotland hospital admissions looked like after England dumped masks, wfh…etc. 

image.jpeg.711e90cf8e4c1527ca1efc8014d09160.jpeg

It was brave and more admirable and holistic approach to restrictions or actually less restrictions , meanwhile Up north it’s change your nappies daily . She’s getting pelters on social

media today . Mind you that’s not uncommon  

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yes, 5,665 cases this week in Edinburgh. I cannot see any published data for hospital and ICU admissions broken down to Health Authority areas, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. In Scotland overall there have been 35 ICU admissions and 392 hospital admissions, but if you look at the daily BBC update hospital and ICU cases are well down on the September peak although the steady decline has evened up more recently.

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The proportion of Omicron cases in Scotland has now reached 72.9%, as reported in today's data.

When you extrapolate the trend in Omicron share against the daily case numbers, it shows that Delta cases have fallen from a average of over 2,500 a day at the start of December down to 1,840 over the last few days.

That fall is helpful in suppressing the rise in overall cases numbers, even with Omicron increased transmissibility. An added benefit for the NHS, is that hospital admissions with Delta should fall while Omicron hopefully requires a lesser proportion of serious infections requiring a hospital stay.  

Thanks for posting, it is good news that Delta is shrinking as Omicron Rises

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

NHS Lothian was up 9 since yesterday to 83.  The number had bottomed out at 67 a week or so ago, so it is starting to creep up.  ICU beds have been stable at 4 or 5 for the last week or more. The last time they were in double figures was in early November.

Still incredibly low which One expect from vaccinations 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Genuine question but if someone does a LFT how do they know if they have the new omicron one or an old hat variety? Does the other type of test differentiate?

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My granddaughter has just caught it off her big brother! She had respiratory problems when she was a baby and was at sick kids twice so we're obviously a little worried. The whole family were meant to meet up for Christmas Dinner! Covid can do one! Fed up with it.

I hope everything goes ok for you, Covid can defo do one!!!

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Genuine question but if someone does a LFT how do they know if they have the new omicron one or an old hat variety? Does the other type of test differentiate?

Needs to be a PCR tested in a Lab to see the S gene drop out that indicates Omicron rather than Delta

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )