• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I didn't stigmise him. I just felt it was slightly rude. He may have underlying health conditions but ive seen him lift a power of weights so surely he could put his hand to his mouth. I didn't say anything anyway as he may have an invisible disability and he's a big bruiser of a guy. A man mountain. 

I coughed at gym today. Maybe it was me.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

D3A81788-6147-47FB-835D-F12AC7D977E6.gif

Yes despite the science and indications coming from South Africa  Chief Mammy and the dentist couldn’t wait to ruin Christmas for many and in particular the hospitality trade at the worst possible time they should do the decent thing and resign 

What  a great Christmas present for Scottish nation that would be 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I didn't stigmise him. I just felt it was slightly rude. He may have underlying health conditions but ive seen him lift a power of weights so surely he could put his hand to his mouth. I didn't say anything anyway as he may have an invisible disability and he's a big bruiser of a guy. A man mountain. 

I was only joking.  

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maybe he performed his own risk assessment or has a hidden chronic coughing condition and has a medical exemption from attempts to suppress a coughing fit.  It's diabolical of you to stigmatise him.  

Actually come to think about it . You never stopped going on about people coughing or mask less etc who came into your work and you had to deal with them. You spoke rather aggressively about them I recall and seemed to lack any empathy as they may have had invisible disabilities. Touche.  :) 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Actually come to think about it . You never stopped going on about people coughing or mask less etc who came into your work and you had to deal with them. You spoke rather aggressively about them I recall and seemed to lack any empathy as they may have had invisible disabilities. Touche.  :) 

The hare is running but the #1 dog hasn't come out the traps.

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Northern Ireland to allow full crowds at sporting events.

a boot in the baws for Krankie 

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just giving the Rangers and Celtic fans an alternative?

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes despite the science and indications coming from South Africa  Chief Mammy and the dentist couldn’t wait to ruin Christmas for many and in particular the hospitality trade at the worst possible time they should do the decent thing and resign 

What  a great Christmas present for Scottish nation that would be 

I know. Its shameful really. But some still love the " cautious" approach. . Lapping it up.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I coughed at gym today. Maybe it was me.

Are you aged around 40 ? 6 foot 4 ? Tattoos everywhere ? About 300 lbs? Hairy shoulders and back ?  and a micro penis hidden in a unruly squirrels nest of pubic hair ? if so I apologise.  Hand over mouth next time please. 😃

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just giving the Rangers and Celtic fans an alternative?

:isee:

Not really. Boxing Day derbies are the biggest fixture of the season.

FTC.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Are you aged around 40 ? 6 foot 4 ? Tattoos everywhere ? About 300 lbs? Hairy shoulders and back ?  and a micro penis hidden in a unruly squirrels nest of pubic hair ? if so I apologise.  Hand over mouth next time please. 😃

Thought it was me right up to last bit. Hung like a horse and trimmed to perfection. Nearer 60 than 40 as well, no tattoos and a lot lighter.

Perhaps bit wasn't me.

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why should he put his hand to his mouth just so you can feel better?  Stop imposing your morals and your whims on everyone else, Karen.  :cheese:

29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I wonder who they were keeping onside with that decision?  :whistling:

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, Norm said:

I tell you, mild cold like symptoms my arse. I feel utterly horrific. 

At least you're still able to post on KB :thumbsup:

I know a few who felt like that after their boosters. Hopefully it will pass in 48 hours

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Why should he put his hand to his mouth just so you can feel better?  Stop imposing your morals and your whims on everyone else, Karen.  :cheese:

:) 

image-23-10-21-07-01-2.gif

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Some folk just love the cautious approach. 🙃

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

Christmas is ****ed again in my household. After cancelling our trip to the in-laws in Germany last year, now have to cancel it this year. Was due to fly out tomorrow, woke up today feeling like I'd been ran over. Tested Positive. 

Hope it clears up soon.  All the best.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

The other thing is restrictions aren’t really designed to reduce excess deaths, they are designed to reduce transmission. So did case numbers continue to go up at the same or faster rate, or did they go down? 

Excess deaths were a better figure at the beginning of the pandemic due to lack of testing capacity. Things have moved since then. 

:cornette_dog:    :lion:

University of Edinburgh researchers said Omicron was as severe as delta they would have seen around 47 people in hospital in Scotland, yet so far there are only 15. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

University of Edinburgh researchers said Omicron was as severe as delta they would have seen around 47 people in hospital in Scotland, yet so far there are only 15. 

👍

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Christmas is ****ed again in my household. After cancelling our trip to the in-laws in Germany last year, now have to cancel it this year. Was due to fly out tomorrow, woke up today feeling like I'd been ran over. Tested Positive. 

Feel better soon, sounds shite

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Leave him alone, he's just a simple crofter trying to make his way in life. 

A vermin crofter prick 

22 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why are unionists always angry at everything? Cheer up people it's Christmas🌲☃️🎅

Because they want the world around them to perfectly reflect their conservative beliefs, and not to deviate, grow, or adapt in any way at all. In other words, they want the impossible. Change to them is anathema. So, they are forced by the realities of life to remain rooted in anger and fear.

Or so, one might argue. ;)

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Because they want the world around them to perfectly reflect their conservative beliefs, and not to deviate, grow, or adapt in any way at all. In other words, they want the impossible. Change to them is anathema. So, they are forced by the realities of life to remain rooted in anger and fear.

:gok:

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thought so 🤣

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

606B1F54-9606-4022-B09C-CBF5421A01C0.jpeg

Footballfirst

We now have two UK studies showing less likelihood of hospitalisation with Omicron.  Edinburgh University's study suggested a two thirds reduction and  Imperial College came up with a 40% reduction. Taking a mid point of a 50% reduction, it's good news, although doubling the case numbers will leave us in the same situation as Delta, which was manageable. If case numbers go much beyond double then that could still cause problems for hospitals. Let's hope that boosters, the reinforced guidelines, limited restrictions and holidays are sufficient to slow the spread.

Two other studies by the Universities of Hong Kong and Cambridge may provide even better news. Both studies found that Omicron is less likely to affect deep tissues in the lungs or cause lung cells to fuse together which is evident in seriously ill patients, therefore may result in fewer deaths.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59758784

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We now have two UK studies showing less likelihood of hospitalisation with Omicron.  Edinburgh University's study suggested a two thirds reduction and  Imperial College came up with a 40% reduction. Taking a mid point of a 50% reduction, its good news, although doubling the case numbers will leave us in the same situation as Delta, which was manageable. If case numbers go much beyond double then that could still cause problems for hospitals. Let's hope that the reinforced guidelines, limited restrictions and holidays are sufficient to slow the spread.

Two other studies by The Universities of Hong Kong and Cambridge may provide even better news. Both studies found that Omicron is less likely to affect deep tissues in the lungs or cause lung cells to fuse together which is evident in seriously ill patients, therefore may result in fewer deaths.

👍

manaliveits105
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂😂😂😂

You think? Just seems a simple projection of emotion to me; thread is littered with it. Similar to toddlers getting angry about not getting their way and lashing out. 

Why would a unionist be angry? When their preferred system of governance were approved and despite a lot of noise no prospect of it changing. Seems they would be quite happy. People who didn’t get their way are infinitely more likely to be angry. 

Your post doesn’t really stand up to a logic test does it. 

It’s a bit like a few posters who keep telling others they are angry whilst constantly  posting about being involved in ‘vendetta’s’ ‘wars’ and ‘tears and snorers’. It’s posters mistakenly thinking others act like them. No sane person will view a message board as something to get angry at. Its not important enough to get angry over in real terms. 

It undoubtably gives comfort to some, projecting some emotion to justify why someone does think like them. the truth people, in the main believe they are doing is best, just ways different views of how to achieve it. Its not some fabricated psychological failure. 

Alas, it does seem a lot of people fail to grasp that people can just have a different opinion from them. It’s not that big a deal, unless your ego is really that fragile🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s hard to take posters seriously who make stuff up constantly. Even harder to take people seriously who view every aspect of life via a yes/no perspective 

Anyway back to COVID, as it would benefit this thread massively if it was more on topic. Good news is beginning to come through on data. Whilst, it won’t be painless, it the grande scheme it does seem omicron will be a bump in the road as opposed to a detour that would seem good news 

:sweeet:

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Lbj put you back in your box to be fair but this is just too funny not to quote again. 😂😂😂😂

Unionist are angry because we have a conservative government and a union ? 😂😂😂😂

While the cool cats who want so much change are just chillin. 👍

Anyway Omicron is milder eh, if only the South Africans had told us. 🙄

Keep infections down we'll be fine, going by the research from Edinburgh university. 60% less hospital admissions and fewer severity, leading to hospital and death. 

Good news.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

We now have two UK studies showing less likelihood of hospitalisation with Omicron.  Edinburgh University's study suggested a two thirds reduction and  Imperial College came up with a 40% reduction. Taking a mid point of a 50% reduction, it's good news, although doubling the case numbers will leave us in the same situation as Delta, which was manageable. If case numbers go much beyond double then that could still cause problems for hospitals. Let's hope that boosters, the reinforced guidelines, limited restrictions and holidays are sufficient to slow the spread.

Two other studies by the Universities of Hong Kong and Cambridge may provide even better news. Both studies found that Omicron is less likely to affect deep tissues in the lungs or cause lung cells to fuse together which is evident in seriously ill patients, therefore may result in fewer deaths.

Now this would be brilliant news. 

Hopefully this plays out 👍

Ex member of the SaS
13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

No-one can.  And no-one needs to, because that's not what's on their minds when they make the rules.  Restrictions are usually based on estimates of the degree of risk of spreading caused by various activities, in various places, and at various times.  They're not designed to eliminate the virus, but to dial back the degree to which people can pass it on.

When you see restrictions, you can usually figure out the thinking behind them.  Close pubs early because the longer people stay in them, the less inhibited they get, the more likely they are to get close to a carrier and pick up the virus.  Insist on table service because it reduces the extent to which punters will get close to other punters and the extent of direct transmission.  Some people would say that the problem with 100 indoors and 500 in a stadium is not that 500 is too small, but that 100 is too big.

Having said that, I don't know the science behind any individual restriction - but because I don't, I wouldn't go so far as to say that any particular restriction makes perfect sense, or indeed that it is nonsense.  Taken collectively, they're a package of measures designed to slow transmission of the virus, and seen in that way they make sense.

Sorry but no they don't. Nothing they have done has worked so far so why repeat the same mistakes?

This thread really has been so chill over the last month. Definitely no meltdowns whenever the SG dares to do something different from the UK Gov.

☺️

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This thread really has been so chill over the last month. Definitely no meltdowns whenever the SG dares to do something different/the same/before/after from the UK Gov.

☺️

FTFY 

Really good news that proper UK scientists and experts look to now be confirming what those amateurs in SA said...

Hopefully will mean no additional restrictions to come now from the UK government, and fair play to them if so for not over egging the pudding in panic. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )