Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was a communist for a brief spell in my past

:vrface:

Sometimes extremists don't really care about their form of extremism. They just want a good rage, and absolute belief in their world-view.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sometimes extremists don't really care about their form of extremism. They just want a good rage, and absolute belief in their world-view.

Yes the Elsie zealots are certainly extremists 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

She said tsunami of infections.

She has been proven to be correct.

Oh well . You’ll be delighted then . 

This virus is not going away anytime soon!

EU RULE THAT THE COVID CERTIFICATE FOR TRAVEL WILL EXPIRE AFTER 270 DAYS.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/covid-certificate-expires-270-days

The European Commission has imposed an expiration date on the Covid Certificate of 270 days from the day you receive your last vaccination, a period that no Member State may extend or shorten. This will allow people to travel throughout the EU, but those who have not received a booster dose will not be able to use it when the term expires. In fact, the mobile app that is used to verify will automatically detect that it has expired.

Draconian measures I wonder if all the EU countries will adhere to it?

Just now, Ray Gin said:

You're reverting back to combative mode again.  :( 

I kinda thought that when I posted it actually . Well spotted . 👍 I’ll try shd get myself together again 😂👍

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You're reverting back to combative mode again.  :( 

It wasn’t called for 👍

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

What is clear as the vaccination rollout was pointless.  I had both mine but not to save the world, I wanted to go on holiday.  We are no further forward - we really aren't. 

Why, when 95% are double dosed and people are getting boosters at staggering rates are we still so helpless?

If people wish to wfh, live in fear, stay indoors that is up to them but why are these ***** less liberating with those that wish to live freely? What the **** has it got to do with them?

I have nothing but hatred now for the followers.

You could try toning it down a bit.  You’re becoming a parody of yourself.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I kinda thought that when I posted it actually . Well spotted . 👍 I’ll try shd get myself together again 😂👍

👍

Brighton Jambo

Latest Scottish data shows
Those in hospital 536
ICU 40
On 1/12/21 it was 702/54
On 1/11 it was 932/68
On 1/10 it was 983/65

Add to that the fact that more than 50% of adults now have the booster.

Scientists also confirm that this is a milder variant and yet Nicola Sturgeon is actively closing down parts of the economy and closing football stadiums.  

Its honestly like some kind of collective mania that the usual suspects defend these decisions.  For the love of god look at the DATA.  

Edit: just seen an announcement that football fans of all premier league clubs are meeting to protest outside Bute house.  I hope a few of you can make it along.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Brighton Jambo

Anti SNP chanting at the games last night.  Videos of fans chanting stick the ‘booster up your ***’. The picture below.

Young people told if you get your booster and have vaccine passports you can do all the things you like.  Now the things they like have been taken away anyway so why would they comply in the future with what’s asked of them?

Real tangible growing anger at how this is being handled and the usual bores on the internet (in which I include myself) pontificating about it being the sensible approach completely miss the point that once you lose the public support this goes downhill very quickly.  Still on the plus side her support is plummeting by the hour so every cloud and all that.  

F08E56FA-A8C6-4949-AC25-91683DC5CEAD.jpeg

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So now Scotland is closing nightclubs for three weeks.

It’s a daily drip of ever increasingly restrictions despite no data to justify it.  

what happened to vaccine passports? Weren’t they supposed to keep them open?

This is purely political, a chance to engineer more grievance with WM about furlough and be seen to be following Wales and NI in being more ‘cautious’ than WM and Boris.

A absolutely mind boggling decision from a leader increasingly out of touch with reality.  

All those other countries introducing restrictions, presumably they are all indulging in "politicking" then? Didn't think so. You need to get this chip off your shoulder regarding the Scottish government.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When people start getting bored/wiser to the Omicron bollocks they will just start giving another variant column inches rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Two ****ing years Vic! 2 ****ing years!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

What is clear as the vaccination rollout was pointless.  I had both mine but not to save the world, I wanted to go on holiday.  We are no further forward - we really aren't. 

Why, when 95% are double dosed and people are getting boosters at staggering rates are we still so helpless?

If people wish to wfh, live in fear, stay indoors that is up to them but why are these ***** less liberating with those that wish to live freely? What the **** has it got to do with them?

I have nothing but hatred now for the followers.

Your impotent rage is spectacular and it's almost amusing to watch your epic meltdown.

Sadly, as misinformed as you are, the pandemic isn't going to go away simply because you have a childish temper tantrum. Facts do not care about your feelings. 

It will go away once we achieve a high level of effective vaccination and acquired immunity with which to trap any future variants within. This might be happening with Omicron in which case, toughing out the 3 weeks of limited restrictions might see us in a very good position to get through the winter. 

No one wants to live with restrictions. 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Gizmo said:

All those other countries introducing restrictions, presumably they are all indulging in "politicking" then? Didn't think so. You need to get this chip off your shoulder regarding the Scottish government.

Your impotent rage is spectacular and it's almost amusing to watch your epic meltdown.

Sadly, as misinformed as you are, the pandemic isn't going to go away simply because you have a childish temper tantrum. Facts do not care about your feelings. 

It will go away once we achieve a high level of effective vaccination and acquired immunity with which to trap any future variants within. This might be happening with Omicron in which case, toughing out the 3 weeks of limited restrictions might see us in a very good position to get through the winter. 

I don’t agree with those other countries doing it either.  We also have one of the highest booster rates in the world so it’s not a simple comparison.

I won’t get the chip off my shoulder because I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the relentless failure, incompetence and blatant attempts lat using Covid for constitutional politics demonstrated by the Scottish government throughout the pandemic.  The good news is at last more and more people are starting to see it too.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t agree with those other countries doing it either.  We also have one of the highest booster rates in the world so it’s not a simple comparison.

I won’t get the chip off my shoulder because I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the relentless failure, incompetence and blatant attempts lat using Covid for constitutional politics demonstrated by the Scottish government throughout the pandemic.  The good news is at last more and more people are starting to see it too.

Get yourself along to Bute House then !

No point spraffing about it on here.

I'm sure many fans are a bit miffed about things but most will accept it and hope we can get back mid January.

42 minutes ago, FWJ said:

You could try toning it down a bit.  You’re becoming a parody of yourself.

Put it this way,  I feel the exact same way about the 'sheep' than the 'sheep' do against the people like me.

It's all political.  It's all political.  It's all political.

Look!  Anti-SNP chanting.  Growing rage at the SNP.  Support going downhill.

Take your time,  we'll wait.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

Get yourself along to Bute House then !

No point spraffing about it on here.

I'm sure many fans are a bit miffed about things but most will accept it and hope we can get back mid January.

Ironically I can’t as I have Covid!  Couldn’t make it up.  What’s an Internet football forum for if not for spraffling about the anger being shown be fellow football fans? 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Victorian said:

It's all political.  It's all political.  It's all political.

Look!  Anti-SNP chanting.  Growing rage at the SNP.  Support going downhill.

Take your time,  we'll wait.

For what? 

Ironically I can’t as I have Covid!  Couldn’t make it up.  What’s an Internet football forum for if not for spraffling about the anger being shown be fellow football fans? 

Well, that is ironic !

Hope you're not too bad !

Take it easy and, hey, keep spraffing !

👍

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For what? 

For people to realise the political argument is a wild goose chase.

You said it yourself.  These measures are deeply unpopular.  Yet they're still going ahead.  Decisions made in spite of political damage.

Edited by Victorian

25 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Latest Scottish data shows
Those in hospital 536
ICU 40
On 1/12/21 it was 702/54
On 1/11 it was 932/68
On 1/10 it was 983/65

Add to that the fact that more than 50% of adults now have the booster.

Scientists also confirm that this is a milder variant and yet Nicola Sturgeon is actively closing down parts of the economy and closing football stadiums.  

Its honestly like some kind of collective mania that the usual suspects defend these decisions.  For the love of god look at the DATA.  

Edit: just seen an announcement that football fans of all premier league clubs are meeting to protest outside Bute house.  I hope a few of you can make it along.  

I just can’t get my head around it . I really can’t . The support for this or resignation more like ? 

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Anti SNP chanting at the games last night.  Videos of fans chanting stick the ‘booster up your ***’. The picture below.

Young people told if you get your booster and have vaccine passports you can do all the things you like.  Now the things they like have been taken away anyway so why would they comply in the future with what’s asked of them?

Real tangible growing anger at how this is being handled and the usual bores on the internet (in which I include myself) pontificating about it being the sensible approach completely miss the point that once you lose the public support this goes downhill very quickly.  Still on the plus side her support is plummeting by the hour so every cloud and all that.  

Great to see that from fans . More protests need to take place .

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It's just whinging then because you hate the idea of independence, since simply disagreeing with restrictions full stop seems to be where you are at, otherwise.

You are going to look pretty foolish once Boris pulls his master stroke of "no restrictions at Christmas" by implementing them on Boxing Day.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Put it this way,  I feel the exact same way about the 'sheep' than the 'sheep' do against the people like me.

Are you i) vaccinated and do you wear masks when required in shops*?
Do you have the ability to open up the football stadiums to more than 500 people?

If i  = yes and ii=no, get in the ****ing sheep pen with the rest of us and accept your impotence. 

*assuming no bullshit "exemption", 90% of which are utter nonsense

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

More good news, AZ are saying a 3 dose regime  provides broadly same as immunity levels to omicron as delta after 2. They also believe that the t cells are kicking in against it, which also another positive.

👍

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks Sturgeon. 

19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It seems you think you levitate above others.

Why do you lefties constantly think you are more informed than everyone else?

It is nauseating.   Scottish ref, Brexit etc after every one the other voters were misinformed.  

What possible reasoning do you have for you thinking you are more informed than me with this scamdemic?  Seriously, what?  We have had the same shite drilled into us for 21 months, we are in the same country, hear the same people and watch and read the same shit.  It just so happens that some people make their own decisions in life and like to cultivate their own thoughts.  I question everything - you should try it.

It is ok everyone,  Gizmo has the answers.  He is the chosen one.

I am willing to accept that I may be wrong but I imagine you would not offer the same courtesy.

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Great to see that from fans . More protests need to take place .

Not great for the Nationalists if their core support is starting to rebel.

18 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The state of this and this thread more generally. Some people could look very silly in just a couple of weeks time. Also, people elect politicians to take difficult and unpopular decisions when they are deemed to be required. You are the one swaggering about his thread looking for political gains. Have a day off.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Where are you off to?

I'm going to Lanzarote in February 

Mainland hour south of Alicante till February - always a good new year there and Three Kings Day 6th January 

better there than having the one queens three weeks in Scotland 

Why would any government shut down if it's not required. Look at Boris, he knows he has to , but doesn't want people to dislike him, he'd rather everyone was infected. 

Well done The Scottish, Welsh and NI devolved parliaments. And well done Boris if he every comes of the toilet 🚽

Omicron may be less potent, but it's more infectious, so they need to stop the spread until the booster gets into combat mob.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is nauseating.   Scottish ref, Brexit etc after every one the other voters were misinformed.  

What possible reasoning do you have for you thinking you are more informed than me with this scamdemic?  Seriously, what?  We have had the same shite drilled into us for 21 months, we are in the same country, hear the same people and watch and read the same shit.  It just so happens that some people make their own decisions in life and like to cultivate their own thoughts.  I question everything - you should try it.

I am willing to accept that I may be wrong but I imagine you would not offer the same courtesy.

Well said 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Why would any government shut down if it's not required. Look at Boris, he knows he has to , but doesn't want people to dislike him, he'd rather everyone was infected. 

Well done The Scottish, Welsh and NI devolved parliaments. And well done Boris if he every comes of the toilet 🚽

Omicron may be less potent, but it's more infectious, so they need to stop the spread until the booster gets into combat mob.

Comedy gold yet again 

FDB8B9ED-C99C-4C36-B186-FE148F60CDBB.jpeg

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

For people to realise the political argument is a wild goose chase.

You said if yourself.  These measures are deeply unpopular.  Yet they're still going ahead.  Decisions made in spite of political damage.

I posted a lengthy post on that a couple of days ago.

Yes the measures are unpopular but the political advantage is she gets to appear in front of the Scottish people lamenting the fact she doesn’t have the funding she needs and if Scotland was independent she could do so much more.  

She knew exactly what she was doing when she said things that meant people stopped going to hospitality, it was a perfect opportunity to then hammer Boris for not giving more money and the fact Scotland can’t borrow.

I think she played the first half of the pandemic perfectly from a political viewpoint hence the soaring polling at the time, now she’s getting it wrong.  You ask why she’s doing it if it’s unpopular. 1. It’s not unpopular to all, 2. She’s nailed her colours to the mast about being super cautious and can’t be seen to change now 3. She doesn’t have a party willing to challenge her and make her think differently in light of changing data.  I don’t think Boris being hampered by back benches is a good think but all leaders should face public scrutiny by their own party.  A healthy democracy depends on it.  

Just now, i8hibsh said:

What possible reasoning do you have for you thinking you are more informed than me with this scamdemic?  Seriously, what?  We have had the same shite drilled into us for 21 months, we are in the same country, hear the same people and watch and read the same shit.  It just so happens that some people make their own decisions in life and like to cultivate their own thoughts.  I question everyhting - you should try it.

Haha, if you are going to go with strawmen and elevate my "opinion" to that lofty level so you can feel victimised or play the underdog card. Rather a transparent ploy. 

However, I guarantee I'm more informed than you over the pandemic for the most simplistic reason that I don't refer to it as a "scamdemic". :laugh: Seriously, what the **** is it with people who think a play on words proves something. If that's the level of your decision making, I feel for you. 

Also, unlike your "questioning everything" approach, I actually make an effort research everything claimed, including the more outlandish claims by the alt-right and Q-anon consipracy mob, including looking at academic papers,  journals, listening to a variety of specialists in virology and immunology etc,  and even buying a book on the immune system to learn how it works.

I wager you do not do the same.  

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Comedy gold yet again 

FDB8B9ED-C99C-4C36-B186-FE148F60CDBB.jpeg

Is that you? 

James, do yourself and me a favour, stick to talking to your pals. 👍 Cheers.

Edited by ri Alban

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It's just whinging then because you hate the idea of independence, since simply disagreeing with restrictions full stop seems to be where you are at, otherwise.

You are going to look pretty foolish once Boris pulls his master stroke of "no restrictions at Christmas" by implementing them on Boxing Day.

Are you i) vaccinated and do you wear masks when required in shops*?
Do you have the ability to open up the football stadiums to more than 500 people?

If i  = yes and ii=no, get in the ****ing sheep pen with the rest of us and accept your impotence. 

*assuming no bullshit "exemption", 90% of which are utter nonsense

If Boris does the same and the data is the same as it is now I will criticise him just as much except to say that I live in Scotland so I am far less bothered by what he does.  His decisions don’t impact my life, hers do. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

If Boris does the same and the data is the same as it is now I will criticise him just as much.  

But he'll not be politicking of course. Just those nasty nats. 

I posted a lengthy post on that a couple of days ago.

Yes the measures are unpopular but the political advantage is she gets to appear in front of the Scottish people lamenting the fact she doesn’t have the funding she needs and if Scotland was independent she could do so much more.  

She knew exactly what she was doing when she said things that meant people stopped going to hospitality, it was a perfect opportunity to then hammer Boris for not giving more money and the fact Scotland can’t borrow.

I think she played the first half of the pandemic perfectly from a political viewpoint hence the soaring polling at the time, now she’s getting it wrong.  You ask why she’s doing it if it’s unpopular. 1. It’s not unpopular to all, 2. She’s nailed her colours to the mast about being super cautious and can’t be seen to change now 3. She doesn’t have a party willing to challenge her and make her think differently in light of changing data.  I don’t think Boris being hampered by back benches is a good think but all leaders should face public scrutiny by their own party.  A healthy democracy depends on it.  

There's a very good reason there isn't a party equipped to challenge her.

It's called the Scottish Elections.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Wait.....what?

See when you've reached the point in your life where you find yourself on the same side of the 'argument' as the aresholes of the green brigade then its probably time for a re-evaluation of where you're headed. 

The green brigade :facepalm:

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Not great for the Nationalists if their core support is starting to rebel.

I know out of ten family members who all voted for independence only two are still for it she’ll have to resign the same as fat Eck after another vote no 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If Boris does the same and the data is the same as it is now I will criticise him just as much except to say that I live in Scotland so I am far less bothered by what he does.  His decisions don’t impact my life, hers do. 

Least he’s holding off unlike her . She can’t wait to get her grubby Miits on treasury money ? It’ll fall behind the back of a sofa again 

manaliveits105

Well said bhoys 

I see Nipoleon hasnt reduced the 10 day isolation yet either - bizzare fruitcake - time for her to go for her own health and take Swinney with her .

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Haha, if you are going to go with strawmen and elevate my "opinion" to that lofty level so you can feel victimised or play the underdog card. Rather a transparent ploy. 

However, I guarantee I'm more informed than you over the pandemic for the most simplistic reason that I don't refer to it as a "scamdemic". :laugh: Seriously, what the **** is it with people who think a play on words proves something. If that's the level of your decision making, I feel for you. 

Also, unlike your "questioning everything" approach, I actually make an effort research everything claimed, including the more outlandish claims by the alt-right and Q-anon consipracy mob, including looking at academic papers,  journals, listening to a variety of specialists in virology and immunology etc,  and even buying a book on the immune system to learn how it works.

I wager you do not do the same.  

There is not one bit of information regarding covid that you are privy to that I am not.  Of this I am certain.

Like you and every one else on this thread I have read, watched and listened for the past 21 months.  I have taken it all on board and made my own conclusion.  This is how I interpret it, this is how it resonates and this is how I see it.  

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They can’t seem to grasp the criticism of her is because she is making decisions impacting on us . He is not 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )