Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

So you think Covid is fake but Santa is real?

🤪😜😉

He better be or my kids will be raging in the morning 🤣

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think some people are just thinking that its probably better just getting covid really. 

Natural immunity doesn't appear to lst as long as vaccine immunity.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know

What is natural immunity?

Natural immunity is the antibody protection your body creates against a germ once you’ve been infected with it. Natural immunity varies according to the person and the germ. For example, people who have had the measles are not likely to get it again, but this is not the case for every disease. A mild case of an illness may not result in strong natural immunity. New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report on Oct. 29, 2021, that says getting vaccinated for the coronavirus when you’ve already had COVID-19 significantly enhances your immune protection and further reduces your risk of reinfection.

A study published in August 2021 indicates that if you had COVID-19 before and are not vaccinated, your risk of getting re-infected is more than two times higher than for those who got vaccinated after having COVID-19.

References are included in the link.

2 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Natural immunity doesn't appear to lst as long as vaccine immunity.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know

References are included in the link.

Yes however i have heard that and im sure ill be shot down if wrong that there has been hardly anyone becoming seriously ill with covid if they catch it a second time. its extremely rare. So best option is get mild covid if you want to avoid vaccines. 

10 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

🤪😜😉

That actually made me laugh way too much  :) 

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's rising based on people I've spoken to. My wife has staff of work due Covid, guys I work with have it. When does this end.....

It will never end, this is the bone of contention for many.  Covid will be around like a serious flu for eternity.  Chasing low numbers, hotspots, zero cases etc is just a dog running round in circles chasing its tail for eternity.

We simply have to live with it and build up our immunity.  I know this is devastating for many on here as covid restrictions and cheerleading give their life meaning but the damage that global restrictions are doing far outweigh the virus itself.  Long covid they say! What the **** are the long term effects of restrictions going to be.  Devastating!

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It will never end, this is the bone of contention for many.  Covid will be around like a serious flu for eternity.  Chasing low numbers, hotspots, zero cases etc is just a dog running round in circles chasing its tail for eternity.

We simply have to live with it and build up our immunity.  I know this is devastating for many on here as covid restrictions and cheerleading give their life meaning but the damage that global restrictions are doing far outweigh the virus itself.  Long covid they say! What the **** are the long term effects of restrictions going to be.  Devastating!

I agree with this although until we get to the level where we can "live with it", the population needs to be vaccinated and likely boosted annually. I would hate to think that I could kill my own mother by giving her a disease just by visiting her.

But you are right, we will very soon need to just get on with it.

The people championing all this are those that have been in lockdowns their entire adult lives playing Mariokart, Call of duty and FIFA all day anyway - they don't give a ****.  

7 minutes ago, felix said:

Think you'd continue with cancer treatment for obvious reasons JJ.

The more I hear people like Edwina Curry pleading with me to get boosted and now Boris  comparing boosters with the meaning of Christianity  - the more inclined I am to think ; feck it. I'll take my chances :thumbsup:

Of course you would, but you know what cancer is and what it does, can you really say with any certainty the same with Covid-19, I doubt you can, none of us can, none of us really knows what the next evolutionary variant is going to be, do we, therefore we have to keep fighting it.

As for listening to the likes of Edwina Curry or BoJo or Sturgeon et al, well I use my own mind, I hear what they say but more often than not pay little to no attention to it and I certainly won't be influenced by anything any of them said, as I do what keeps me & my family safe and by extension the wider community. 

Each of us have different circumstances, mine is that even a mild dose of Covid could have adverse effects on my heart, therefore I will do whatever it takes to try and stay as protected as I can.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye folk on here are actively campaigning for lockdowns and restrictions.

The vast majority of people are just getting on with life. Living with whatever is in front of them and taking it all in their stride with no fuss. No pissing and moaning.  

The folk getting het at every announcement and greeting their eyes out,  chasing their collective tails on here are thankfully still the minority.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm getting round to this idea of living with it as well. I appreciate governments of all hues need to protect the vulnerable and the NHS so can understand some restrictions.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree with this although until we get to the level where we can "live with it", the population needs to be vaccinated and likely boosted annually. I would hate to think that I could kill my own mother by giving her a disease just by visiting her.

But you are right, we will very soon need to just get on with it.

We are pretty much as vaccinated as we will be though.  You are NEVER going to get a full house with vaccinations.  95% which I think it is right now is staggeringly good.  Yes, 100% would be ideal but you can't **** around with people's liberties.  If they don't want it then they don't want it.  100% will never ever happen.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

We are pretty much as vaccinated as we will be though.  You are NEVER going to get a full house with vaccinations.  95% which I think it is right now is staggeringly good.  Yes, 100% would be ideal but you can't **** around with people's liberties.  If they don't want it then they don't want it.  100% will never ever happen.

Yeah, agree with that too.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does it? Name one single person that longs for isolation and restrictions? I bet you can't beyond a couple of overly-cautious advisors. 

It seems that constant whinging and expecting the world to confirm to your narrow, rigid viewpoint is what gives you life meaning.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The people championing all this are those that have been in lockdowns their entire adult lives playing Mariokart, Call of duty and FIFA all day anyway - they don't give a ****.  

Aw bless, i8 doesn't share a love of some people's pastime so it, naturally, has to be shit. 🙄 Perhaps you could get yourself elected Secretary of Culture and dictate exactly what people can and cannot do with their hard-earned leisure time, like a list of approved leisure activities? 

Actually let's examine this further. One presumes, from your disdain for a sedentary activity such as gaming, that you are an outdoors person in prime, lean, peak fitness then and most certainly not an overweight fatty who thinks sitting in front of the tv (cause tv is older than gaming so that has to be on the approved list, amirite?)

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah, agree with that too.

The government are chasing 3 impossible goals right now it seems.  100% vaccinated and 0% cases.  Their third goal outwith this is another one.....0% carbon emissions.  It is staggering how ridiculous it all is as achievable goals.

I also want to ask a question to those in support...Do you honestly think if we were 100% vaccinated these current restrictions would still have been imposed?  To that I answer yes.  Why is such a small % of non vaxxed causing this - something stinks.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yep. We are at a good level now. Those who don't want the vaccine. Well that's their choice. Its none of my business. I've had it . That's all i need to worry about . If people are still shitting themselves about their own personal risk of catching a disease they have little to no chance of dying of , they should just stay in the house, order food online and play COD or other mind numbing games.  Let the vast majority get on living without as little  state interference in what choices we can make in our daily lives. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Does it? Name one single person that longs for isolation and restrictions? I bet you can't beyond a couple of overly-cautious advisors. 

It seems that constant whinging and expecting the world to confirm to your narrow, rigid viewpoint is what gives you life meaning.

Aw bless, i8 doesn't share a love of some people's pastime so it, naturally, has to be shit. 🙄 Perhaps you could get yourself elected Secretary of Culture and dictate exactly what people can and cannot do with their hard-earned leisure time, like a list of approved leisure activities? 

Actually let's examine this further. One presumes, from your disdain for a sedentary activity such as gaming, that you are an outdoors person in prime, lean, peak fitness then and most certainly not an overweight fatty who thinks sitting in front of the tv (cause tv is older than gaming so that has to be on the approved list, amirite?)

Gaming is for children.  To be fair it is one of the only things they can still really do.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck - I didn't feel like shit after any of my jags 

It was a jagger in a covid centre that said it.

Don't know how true it is. Maybe she was flirting with me !

Although, she did say you may feel a wee prick. I said that ship had sailed !

Stay safe, everyone, Merry Christmas !

Boab.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest anything other than us living with it.  We'll be doing just that very thing.  Living with it + putting in protections for the people who need it and so on.

It's beyond hilarious that the enlightened and angry ones still seem to believe that they have some kind of unique insight in this regard.  

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree, Covid isn't going away, it's here to stay, and I totally agree that we need to live with it, but we need to get to the position of being able to live with it, and that is why we need to vaccinate as many as we can because the more people that get vaccinated the quicker restrictions can then be lifted, however the more people who just say 'feck it' and either don't get vaccinated or get a booster then the longer restrictions will have to stay in place.  

manaliveits105
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

God . The ego has landed. Her narcissm knows no bounds. Heres my message to her 

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

Well said 

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sense of humour has been banned by the natsy party 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The government are chasing 3 impossible goals right now it seems.  100% vaccinated and 0% cases.  Their third goal outwith this is another one.....0% carbon emissions.  It is staggering how ridiculous it all is as achievable goals.

I also want to ask a question to those in support...Do you honestly think if we were 100% vaccinated these current restrictions would still have been imposed?  To that I answer yes.  Why is such a small % of non vaxxed causing this - something stinks.

They most certainly are not chasing elimination or 100% vaccination. 

They are chasing enough vaccinations and enough flattening of potential waves to ensure the NHS does not get overwhelmed. That has always been what they are trying to protect, especially at the start of the pandemic when we had no viable treatments.

The current restrictions are precautionary, possible driven by being late to lockdown during the first wave and not buying us as much time as possible during the delta wave.

The fact that BoJo is, dependent on who you listen to, hamstrung by the Tory far-right or waiting it out, before any potential restrictions in England tells you that restrictions are NOT desired. He certainly had to be persuaded of their necessity in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:rofl:

Nobody is chasing 100% vaccination and 0 cases.  Utter fantasy drivel.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I'm vaccinated and had my booster but am isolating right now due to catching it from a guy at my work. I don't think there's a conspiracy here, its just once everyone whos taking the booster gets it (90%+) then it wont matter if you get C19 or not as you wont get ill and wont be hospitalised. I have zero symptoms and thats the way it will be in future. You dont isolate for 7 - 10 days with a heavy cold and Covid will eventually be the same (in my opinion).

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest anything other than us living with it.  We'll be doing just that very thing.  Living with it + putting in protections for the people who need it and so on.

It's beyond hilarious that the enlightened and angry ones still seem to believe that they have some kind of unique insight in this regard.  

Maybe they just care about majorities over minorities - perish the thought.

41 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

🤪😜😉

37 minutes ago, escobri said:

He better be or my kids will be raging in the morning 🤣

:D

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I agree, Covid isn't going away, it's here to stay, and I totally agree that we need to live with it, but we need to get to the position of being able to live with it, and that is why we need to vaccinate as many as we can because the more people that get vaccinated the quicker restrictions can then be lifted, however the more people who just say 'feck it' and either don't get vaccinated or get a booster then the longer restrictions will have to stay in place.  

The people saying "**** it" are not budging and nor should they imo.  So what do we do, chase them around with a syringe for the rest of our days?  They are not going to get vaxxed - theerefore we keep the wheels in motion.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

They most certainly are not chasing elimination or 100% vaccination. 

They are chasing enough vaccinations and enough flattening of potential waves to ensure the NHS does not get overwhelmed. That has always been what they are trying to protect, especially at the start of the pandemic when we had no viable treatments.

The current restrictions are precautionary, possible driven by being late to lockdown during the first wave and not buying us as much time as possible during the delta wave.

The fact that BoJo is, dependent on who you listen to, hamstrung by the Tory far-right or waiting it out, before any potential restrictions in England tells you that restrictions are NOT desired. He certainly had to be persuaded of their necessity in the first place. 

:spoton:

Gaming is for children.  To be fair it is one of the only things they can still really do.

:laugh:  

Is someone stopping them going out on their bikes, playing in the park, going for a walk, playing outside, going to the cinema, reading etc etc. NO. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

It was a jagger in a covid centre that said it.

Don't know how true it is. Maybe she was flirting with me !

Although, she did say you may feel a wee prick. I said that ship had sailed !

Stay safe, everyone, Merry Christmas !

Boab.

R (7).gif

The people saying "**** it" are not budging and nor should they imo.  So what do we do, chase them around with a syringe for the rest of our days?  They are not going to get vaxxed - theerefore we keep the wheels in motion.

Nope. In actual fact the pro choicers. The hard core are even more determined not to be vaccinated due to the underhand coercive tactics to try and get them to get the jab. Its back fired spectacularly . One of my relatives and her partner both are fit and healthy young people. Both have had covid. They see zero need to get jabbed and will never. Good on them. Thats their choice. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I hope Santa is vaccinated if he's visting the unvaxxed homes. 

Elsie has banned him from visiting them so the rumour flying about twitter says. 

The "NHS getting overwhelmed" is the peak of the nonsense claims.  Even before it all kicked in last March we were hearing stories about people would be dying on the streets because of a lack of beds and ventilators.  **** me wake up people! please!

If they're not going to be responsible and help the rest of society by being vaccinated, then the probabilities of them infecting folk should be limited by restricting their access to events and situations where the public have close physical interactions. That's just common sense. So, in other words, no we shouldn't be "chasing them around with a syringe", but on the other hand they should realise that with rights come responsibilities, and that the protection of the general public is a priority and more important than their individual standpoints.

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I hope Santa is vaccinated if he's visting the unvaxxed homes. 

I'm sure he will be. He's always been a stickler for Elf and Safety.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Nope. In actual fact the pro choicers. The hard core are even more determined not to be vaccinated due to the underhand coercive tactics to try and get them to get the jab. Its back fired spectacularly . One of my relatives and her partner both are fit and healthy young people. Both have had covid. They see zero need to get jabbed and will never. Good on them. Thats their choice. 

I probably would have got my booster if not for the Scottish Government's latest underhand tactic.  I am against all this but have no issue in the vaccines.  But it strikes me, after my 2 doses - what is the ****ing point?  We are no further forward, not really.

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Well said 

Sense of humour has been banned by the natsy party 

Yep they all seem to have had a sense of humour bypass.  Now even worse with Pat Harvie and that miserable mob too.  The shortbread senate must be a hoot. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The "NHS getting overwhelmed" is the peak of the nonsense claims.  Even before it all kicked in last March we were hearing stories about people would be dying on the streets because of a lack of beds and ventilators.  **** me wake up people! please!

You forgot to use the word "sheeple". Tut, tut. You do realise that on numerous occasions, NHS trusts have had to limit themselves to emergencies and urgent cases only due to the strain on their capacity caused by Covid. Or is that fake alarmist news too?

I probably would have got my booster if not for the Scottish Government's latest underhand tactic.  I am against all this but have no issue in the vaccines.  But it strikes me, after my 2 doses - what is the ****ing point?  We are no further forward, not really.

Yes the ongoing boosters is all very depressing really. I think people might have been ok with one once per year but every few months> FFS for a disease you have high chance of survival. I also think for some bizarre reason people will probably be more ok with tablet form meds instead of an injection?  Think injections seem more serious and invasive to people ? 

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If they're not going to be responsible and help the rest of society by being vaccinated, then the probabilities of them infecting folk should be limited by restricting their access to events and situations where the public have close physical interactions. That's just common sense. So, in other words, no we shouldn't be "chasing them around with a syringe", but on the other hand they should realise that with rights come responsibilities, and that the protection of the general public is a priority and more important than their individual standpoints.

These people don't owe anyone anything.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You forgot to use the word "sheeple". Tut, tut. You do realise that on numerous occasions, NHS trusts have had to limit themselves to emergencies and urgent cases only due to the strain on their capacity caused by Covid. Or is that fake alarmist news too?

Yes, yes it is.

Last paragraph.  You get the booster to increase your own protection.  Nothing more or less.  Attaching political hand-wringing to it is batshit mental.

Booster is for you.  Get over yourself ffs.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The body's immunity to specific invaders reduces over time. Covid also mutates, thus presenting new attack profiles. Until we get a handle on producing a vaccine which lasts longer and handles more strains (and future strains too by being more generic), which we will, or Covid mutates to a relatively harmless virus, which is more than possible, then having boosters makes perfect sense. We are a lot further forward than we were regarding vaccinations and treatments, and at the rate that research is advancing, and the amount of resources were throwing at it, we'll get there. There is no "magic potion", just hard work.

Just now, Victorian said:

Last paragraph.  You get the booster to increase your own protection.  Nothing more or less.  Attaching political hand-wringing to it is batshit mental.

Booster is for you.  Get over yourself ffs.

If the booster is for you then why are people giving a **** if they choose to get it?

It is clear that in most cases the vax and the booster are for the government and 'others'.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Haha well played.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

BECAUSE of lockdown. FFS i8, are you really this dense?

So you believe in vaccinations but because someone put your nose out of joint, you won't? 

We are further foward.

Contrast with last year.

Christmas? Not cancelled.
Lockdown? No, minor restrictions.
Deaths? Down massively despite a large wave.
Vaccines? Protecting against severe disease and hospitalizations. 

We also have new treatments becoming available soon. We absolutely are not in the same place.  

Just now, Gizmo said:

BECAUSE of lockdown. FFS i8, are you really this dense?

There is absolutely no way at all to prove this.

There is also many examples of countries not locking down and being no more or less affected.

Dense you say?  I am not the one who as an adult believes in all this bollocks.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )