Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Quelle surprise . As the  Manics said “ if you tolerate this your children will be next “ ! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9993523/American-BABIES-given-low-dose-Pfizers-jab-winter.html

04C2955C-76BE-4FEF-A8D6-5F00C1444E1D.jpeg

Quelle Surprise!!! you've not read the article!!!

Babies have NOT been given any doses of Pfizer.

Non story.

Move on. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, indianajones said:

No evidence in a spike after TRNSMT festival according to Leitch.

Thats a festival with 50k people and NO vaccine passport requirement for entry. 

Surely people can see how pointless the passport idea is?

Was that not just last weekend? A bit soon to be saying that I'd have thought. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Quelle Surprise!!! you've not read the article!!!

Babies have NOT been given any doses of Pfizer.

Non story.

Move on. 

Oh don’t be so niave . That’s how it starts ! Jesus ! “Healthy adults dont need it “ “ young adults dont need it” no children 12-18 definitely don’t need it “ all these have been headlines 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh don’t be so niave . That’s how it starts ! Jesus ! “Healthy adults dont need it “ “ young adults dont need it” no children 12-18 definitely don’t need it “ all these have been headlines 

Now you're raging at something that hasn't happened on another continent

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Now you're raging at something that hasn't happened on another continent

Again your actually making assumptions about how I’m feeling  your assuming that’s I’m “ raging “ ??? I don’t think so . I’m just pointing out something , hardly “raging “ more exasperated to the point of indifference now as it’s all entirely predictable 

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Mate you get roped in. Every. Single. Time.

Don't read the Daily Mail. It's a fanzine for right wingers and utter morons. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We shall see ! 😎

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Again your actually making assumptions about how I’m feeling  your assuming that’s I’m “ raging “ ??? I don’t think so . I’m just pointing out something , hardly “raging “ more exasperated to the point of indifference now as it’s all entirely predictable 

Ah right that'll be why you're all exclamations and 3 question marks - indifference.

If you prefer though, now you're all exasperated by something that hasn't happened on another continent

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We shall see ! 😎

There is the off chance that the Daily Mail could be right. 

When I say off chance I mean extinction level meteor strike today before homes under the starts, off chance. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

When I say off chance I mean extinction level meteor strike today before homes under the starts, off chance. 

Like I said we shall see . You actually believe that children from 6 months to 12 won’t be “ offered “ the vaccine ??? Really ??? 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Thank goodness James has taken a step back from this thread, imagine how much of a tizzy he'd be in if he was getting really involved in it.

😂😂😂

2B4BD140-C580-47F4-B0C5-14FFA7229E0E.jpeg

Anyway posting this before this afternoons Scores on  the doors aa no

doubt the usual suspects will post their “ happy Larry “ postings regarding them . Just getting in their first . Have a good afternoon . 👍

F6437860-B7D1-4AAE-8A62-3699A88199FA.gif

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Like I said we shall see . You actually believe that children from 6 months to 12 won’t be “ offered “ the vaccine ??? Really ??? 

Yes. 

Good news for anyone hoping to travel to the Netherlands soon (like me 😀).  The Dutch government is removing the quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated visitors from the UK (and USA among others) with effect from 22 or 25 September.  It will probably require a pre travel negative test, but at least it's progress.

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2021/09/14/netherlands-to-reopen-further-with-coronavirus-entry-passes

Travel

The rules on self-quarantining for people travelling to the Netherlands will change as of 22 September. Vaccinated travellers from the United States, the United Kingdom and other very high-risk areas no longer have to self-quarantine on arrival in the Netherlands. Prepare your journey well. Before you leave, check the travel advice on wijsopreis.nl (in Dutch) and reizentijdenscorona.rijksoverheid.nl/en.

Edited by Footballfirst

46 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Well that's me then - a right winger and an utter moron. I don't mind. I also read The Guardian, The Times, The Daily Telegraph and the Edinburgh Evening News, although I do tend to get a bit irritated by a lot of the views expressed in the EEN to be honest. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

And you do ?

I knew we were getting back into data loss silly season. We need a stat monkeys' union. ;)

Scottish numbers: 16 September 2021

Summary

• 26 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-4]
  • 94 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]
  • 1,054 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-25]

Daily data on new cases, tests, ICU admissions and vaccinations will not be refreshed today due to a technical issue affecting the availability of the data. Tomorrow’s update will include figures for today.

The limited trend stats available today.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     14 Sep 13 Sep 12 Sep 11 Sep 10 Sep ... 1 Sep
Deaths     15.6 13.6 +2.0   11.7 11.0 11.0 11.0 11.1 ... 6.0

All in hospital     1032 1014 +18   986 949 909 867 822 ... 524
Non-ICU     944 927 +17   900 865 828 789 748 ... 473
ICU     88 87 +1   86 84 81 78 74 ... 51

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     14 Sep 13 Sep 12 Sep 11 Sep 10 Sep ... 1 Sep

👎

😄

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

TBF, they also said He’s a boy, you want a girl so tear off his cock, tie his hair in bunches, **** him, call him Rita if you want.

Good skills. 

We were meant to be seeing Manics in Cardiff on Monday.

But we've all got Covid. Grrrrreat. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Seems to be a perfect paper for some of the posters on here

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

👍

40 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks for posting FF. It's less clear for Dutch people travelling here - it seems to still be emergency travel only and they have to quarantine when they return home, which seems a bit odd. 

My in-laws are Dutch and are desperate to come over and see our kids (their only grandkids). 

Surely the rules will also be relaxed for Dutch people returning home from the UK too.  

It says here that current advice for traveling to UK is valid until today, I assume this page will be updated tomorrow

https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/landen/verenigd-koninkrijk/reizen/reisadvies

45 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks for posting FF. It's less clear for Dutch people travelling here - it seems to still be emergency travel only and they have to quarantine when they return home, which seems a bit odd. 

My in-laws are Dutch and are desperate to come over and see our kids (their only grandkids). 

Surely the rules will also be relaxed for Dutch people returning home from the UK too.  

There is an expectation of fairly significant changes in the traffic light system and testing requirement in the UK at the end of the month. The next official review is due on 1 October.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks anyway. 

Yeah but it's more to do with the Dutch govt. rather than the UK so irrespective of what the UK govt. does, the Dutch Govt. still says no travel to the UK unless emergency / due to bereavement etc. which seems a bit odd as they are allowing UK citizens to go there now. 

Thanks for the reply though. 

That page did say that the situation here is generally similar to that in NL so maybe they do plan to ease a bit

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway posting this before this afternoons Scores on  the doors aa no

doubt the usual suspects will post their “ happy Larry “ postings regarding them . Just getting in their first . Have a good afternoon .

F6437860-B7D1-4AAE-8A62-3699A88199FA.gif

:gok:

👍 👍  two thumbs up

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thanks for posting. Sadly the change is too late for my wife to attend our son’s godmother’s funeral tomorrow. However, hopefully it means we’ll be able to get there soon to console her wife in what is a difficult time for her.

I'm sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss. Although you have been expecting it for some time, you are never quite prepared for when it actually happens.  Let's hope your wife can get something arranged soon. 

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I'm in two minds. I want them to be able to see their daughter and grandkids - just not me😂 I usually think up a big list of chores to do for when they come as they're a bit dull.

Aye I've been to a Dutch birthday party, **** me!

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thanks for posting. Sadly the change is too late for my wife to attend our son’s godmother’s funeral tomorrow. However, hopefully it means we’ll be able to get there soon to console her wife in what is a difficult time for her.

Sorry to hear that, sterkte

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Coming from a Nationalist flat earther who no doubt believes in secret oilfields - although no longer politically expedient -  as well as fantasy economics,  wee green men and the unbelievable claim that the UK are "trying to make Scotland poorer" and "cost us jobs".🤣🤣🤣

Here's 10bn each year and we'll give you billions in furlough. By the way, we're trying to impoverish you. WOW. Just WOW. 

I'll just leave that out there.

Hahaha

Uk cases down 22% over the last week and hospital cases bobbing about at similar levels. A fifth of the hospital numbers during the 2nd wave peak.

Definitely feels like a corner being turned deapite the usual hysterical media reaction and interpretation of the PMs briefing on Tues.

Incredible how one flawed modelling scenario ,that doesn't come anywhere near to materialising, leads to another.

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Coming from a Nationalist flat earther who no doubt believes in secret oilfields - although no longer politically expedient -  as well as fantasy economics,  wee green men and the unbelievable claim that the UK are "trying to make Scotland poorer" and "cost us jobs".🤣🤣🤣

Here's 10bn each year and we'll give you billions in furlough. By the way, we're trying to impoverish you. WOW. Just WOW. 

Hahaha

What on earth are you slavering about now?

Can't read, won't read posted a Daily Nazi article about babies being jabbed with vaccines and I called bullshit, just like i'm doing with that word salad of absolute drivel above. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What on earth are you slavering about now?

Can't read, won't read posted a Daily Nazi article about babies being jabbed with vaccines and I called bullshit, just like i'm doing with that word salad of absolute drivel above. 

Hehe, he went full gammon because someone dissed his daily rag. :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hahaha

The concept of the UK supposedly making Scotland poorer is in the context of Scotland being a poorer constituent part of the union.  Requiring of more net funding than it otherwise might be and unable to go it alone.  So your argument about a sum of net funding (£10bn is BS) flowing towards Scotland supports the argument you're trying to counter.  Furlough money was not a net budgetary contribution from the UK treasury.  It was funded via UK borrowing,  towards which the devolved administrations bear their share of the burden of repayment,  over many years.

Making Scotland poorer,  if such a thing exists,  means artificially making Scotland more of a net receiver and less capable of splitting away.  Your silly dismissal is cock-eyed.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hahaha

Slice of pineapple with that?

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The concept of the UK supposedly making Scotland poorer is in the context of Scotland being a poorer constituent part of the union.  Requiring of more net funding than it otherwise might be and unable to go it alone.  So your argument about a sum of net funding (£10bn is BS) flowing towards Scotland supports the argument you're trying to counter.  Furlough money was not a net budgetary contribution from the UK treasury.  It was funded via UK borrowing,  towards which the devolved administrations bear their share of the burden of repayment,  over many years.

Making Scotland poorer,  if such a thing exists,  means artificially making Scotland more of a net receiver and less capable of splitting away.  Your silly dismissal is cock-eyed.

Probably the most ludicrous post I  have ever read on this Board.  Certainly leaderboard material. 

So, because Scotland raised only £62bn in tax last year, yet had allocated to her, £99bn in spending, the UK govt are at fault for sustaining that level of profligacy.

Granted,  last year was exceptional due to furlough, however the figure has been £10 - £12bn for decades.

Exactly like arguing for the removal of the benefits system because it keeps claimants in relative poverty. 

I would stick to pontificating about viruses if I were you Vic, because you are betraying a real economic illiteracy there 

Incredible,  absolutely incredible 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Probably the most ludicrous post I  have ever read on this Board.  Certainly leaderboard material. 

So, because Scotland raised only £62bn in tax last year, yet had allocated to her, £99bn in spending, the UK govt are at fault for sustaining that level of profligacy.

Granted,  last year was exceptional due to furlough, however the figure has been £10 - £12bn for decades.

Exactly like arguing for the removal of the benefits system because it keeps claimants in relative poverty. 

I would stick to pontificating about viruses if I were you Vic, because you are betraying a real economic illiteracy there 

Incredible,  absolutely incredible 

Nope.  Swing and a miss.  I haven't argued for or against the so-called theory about Scotland being made poorer.  I simply pointed out the huge flaw in your post.

You've missed the point in your familiar,  spectacular fashion.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"... if such a thing exists... " was the clue missed by Enzo,  the critical thinker.  

:rofl:

Enzo, critical thinker and if such a thing exists in the one sentence......

Give me a minute, it's coming to me

:tlj:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic