Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Your trust in those in power is admirable but I think we all know that Govts don't run countries, various vested interested groups like Banks, Pharma companies etc wield most of the power.  Davos has a lot to answer for.

As for SAGE, they need to be put back in the box from whence they came.

Ffs Enzo, suggesting the guy turn his questions on the people he listens to isn't controversial or backing governments, it's basic thinking for yourself and using your critical faculties. His lack of reply is noted, as is your lack of understanding.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo and Sunak, have been pinged as close contacts of Javid. Neither will isolate instead but will be subject to a ‘pilot’ of testing in relation to contact testing. 

Quite right too. They are important heads of government :greggy:

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo and Sunak, have been pinged as close contacts of Javid. Neither will isolate instead but will be subject to a ‘pilot’ of testing in relation to contact testing. 

So Javid gets Covid but is fine as he's been jabbed twice and now close contacts in the cabinet don't have to isolate like everyone else would after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace which is a legal requirement isn't it?

I'm such a cynic with this government these days that I'm inclined to think it's a deliberate policy to gaslight the population in ignoring restrictions from "Freedom Day".

Nucky Thompson
30 minutes ago, Costanza said:

So Javid gets Covid but is fine as he's been jabbed twice and now close contacts in the cabinet don't have to isolate like everyone else would after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace which is a legal requirement isn't it?

I'm such a cynic with this government these days that I'm inclined to think it's a deliberate policy to gaslight the population in ignoring restrictions from "Freedom Day".

The restrictions have been widely ignored for months now anyway. I was in London a week ago and it was like pre pandemic times.

The only place I was in that staff were semi trying to enforce rules was the Lyric theatre in the west end. Pubs, restaurants, shops and other tourist places weren't bothered.

There were loads of Indian tourists kicking around as well

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Card carrying Commie married to one of the old Corbyn supporting Union dinosaurs.

The worst kind. :seething:

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What virus?

Card carrying commies.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly.

The country won't run itself.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Card carrying commies.

Exactly.

:lol:

Governor Tarkin

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m only stating his views they aren’t really mine before a few posters start getting angry about Ferguson. 

Heard him on the telly just now, pontificating in a style akin to the posters on here who seem to think they're composing editorials for the Lancet.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Prof Neil Ferguson on Marr just now with his modelling projections . 

He believes their is no doubt case number will reach a 100,000 and probably a 1000 day hospitalisation. Seems to be they believe NHS can cope with that. 

He also thought 200k cases a day and 2000 hospitalisation was possible. This would force rethinks of NHS services. 

They think the lowering of cases will be very slow as this wave will be a very different shape as no lockdown will be introduced. 

He has talked about herd immunity, they don’t know if possible and will be impossible without jabbing in under 18’s was his view. 

6-8 weeks is when they hope to see cases start plateauing. He’s not ruling out future lockdown requirements though perhaps caused by the flu as COVID may be under control but flu will be rampant this year. I think he thought restriction reintroduce as opposed to lockdown. 

I’m only stating his views they aren’t really mine before a few posters start getting angry about Ferguson. 

restrictions for flu? Flu deaths matter (now)?

Regards this isolation ping thingy, let’s face it the only people paying attention to this now are people who are wanting time off in the sun if they are on full pay. The rest just carry on as normal 

Guy at my work who hadn’t seen his mate for 2 weeks got him tell nhs he’d been in his company as had tested positive.. result was 10 days off work for him on full pay when no even been near his mate 

37 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Im fairness most people who get COVID are perfectly fine, especially those who are double jabbed. Whilst, England govt have already stated when people are double jabbed isolation requirements will be removed from mid Aug. 

It’s not a requirement for them to self isolate as they are taking part is this pilot (daily testing and limited contacts I understand) . Fortunately, for them approval for the pilot is on a case by case basis, so understand many will be sceptical of this approach and associated approval. 

I would agree with your last para, your cynicism is impacting your thought process 50k people are testing positive in the U.K. A govt official, who will undoubtably have a significant number of close contact, is not surprising positive tests happen. Your belief it’s a deliberate strategy is based on nothing except your own narrative/dislikes🤷🏻‍♂️

That said, I actually think both should be isolating, to set an example when we are still asking the general public to. Albeit Bojo and Sunak, being at their day job is a tad more important than your average punter. 

Politicians and their officials believing they are above the rules during or before this crisis isn’t unusual in the slightest; unfortunately.  

That's why I prefixed it with words like cynic and inclined 😄

Nothing would surprise me with this bunch of charlatans. The same government who announced the easing of restrictions for "freedom day" on the same day as a right to protest bill so the latter would hardly get any press coverage.

If you wanted to undermine the publics adherence to self isolation then you get ministers ignoring the rules everyone else is supposed to follow for a hithero unknown pilot scheme. 

Anyway, let's hope they are all well and getting on with the day job.

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Heard him on the telly just now, pontificating in a style akin to the posters on here who seem to think they're composing editorials for the Lancet.

We need more editorials from the Lancet IMO,  preferably if written by Trotskyists.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

We need more editorials from the Lancet IMO,  preferably if written by Trotskyists.

Ice ax in the melon for you, Costanza. :seething:

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ice ax in the melon for you, Costanza. :seething:

😄 Melon and polonium sorbet. What a dessert to go out on

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You are indeed LBJ but he's has been proved catastrophically wrong over about 20 + years of "modelling" predictions from foot & moth to SARS to CoVid, that his thoughts and predictions should be completely ignored. 

Footballfirst

With UK cases now rising rapidly, I suspect that Scotland's recent fall to its current plateau will end, with a further rise in cases inevitable as a result of people moving freely around the UK, particularly with the English school holidays.  

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

With UK cases now rising rapidly, I suspect that Scotland's recent fall to its current plateau will end, with a further rise in cases inevitable as a result of people moving freely around the UK, particularly with the English school holidays.  

Was in town yesterday and it was full of groups of English out on pub crawls/stag do's - not that you can blame them.

Edited by frankblack

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its the new CoVID, which was the new flu 🤷🏻‍♂️

Joking aside, they believe pressure flu is going to be massive on NHS this year. The flu always puts pressure over Winter, they expect it to be a lot worse due to they way we have lived the last 18 months. 

Not sure COVID or flu deaths have mattered all that much unless they cause issues with the NHS. 

the media has been full of walls of pictures of the poor people dying from covid also plenty features on “their story” their lives etc

10s of thousands of poor people dying anonymously of flu just about every year since I don’t know how long (although as you say the resultant pressure on the nhs was acknowledged/reported)

Nucky Thompson
45 minutes ago, theshed said:

Regards this isolation ping thingy, let’s face it the only people paying attention to this now are people who are wanting time off in the sun if they are on full pay. The rest just carry on as normal 

Guy at my work who hadn’t seen his mate for 2 weeks got him tell nhs he’d been in his company as had tested positive.. result was 10 days off work for him on full pay when no even been near his mate 

There will be a lot of this going on. Chancers will always take advantage.

In the future, I'd imagine the benefits system will be overwhelmed with thousands trying to claim invalidity benefit due to Long Covid

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Now self isolating. 

:smugger:

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Now self isolating. 

:smugger:

:lol: They've no backbone. 

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In the future, I'd imagine the benefits system will be overwhelmed with thousands trying to claim invalidity benefit due to Long Covid

:sadrobbo:

Could be a nice wee sideline, Nucky.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol: They've no backbone. 

Another symptom of long covid?

The Mighty Thor

Isolating, not isolating 😂

What a shambles. 

Their own rules are so confusing and open to 'interpretation' that the lying king cannae even decide what he can feasibly get away with. 

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's growing evidence that what we call long covid could be a long term auto immune disease, causing the body's immune system to attack itself. Only time will tell with this one but it could be pretty serious in itself, and long term

Konrad von Carstein
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Norovirus unseasonably high too. Lockdown to curb that spread?

I had that on holiday in tenerife over xmas one year.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Weightloss was extraordinary though... Silver linings and that :lol:

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Could be a nice wee sideline, Nucky.

Another symptom of long covid?

A symptom of being useless Tory toff.

22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Norovirus unseasonably high too. Lockdown to curb that spread?

Basic bloody hygiene would suffice - but it will be rife now we are back amongst folk who think soap is something you watch on tv. 

HartleyLegend3
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I had that on holiday in tenerife over xmas one year.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Weightloss was extraordinary though... Silver linings and that :lol:

Yip, I cought it just before Christmas. Worst thing I've ever experienced. Lasted about 3 weeks. Bit for 4 full days I couldn't move, eat, sleep.. Took me weeks to get over it. Lungs were f-ed. Couldn't walk up a few stairs without my lungs hurting. 

Physically I'm OK now. But my sense of smell is all messed up. A lot of things now smell the same. An unusual same.. 

4 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Yip, I cought it just before Christmas. Worst thing I've ever experienced. Lasted about 3 weeks. Bit for 4 full days I couldn't move, eat, sleep.. Took me weeks to get over it. Lungs were f-ed. Couldn't walk up a few stairs without my lungs hurting. 

Physically I'm OK now. But my sense of smell is all messed up. A lot of things now smell the same. An unusual same.. 

Er, that sounds bang-on for Covid and not Norovirus. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A symptom of being useless Tory toff.

Useless apart from the ability to furnish themselves with vast quantities of cash, it would appear.

Doesn't seem like too harsh a gig. Most of us are useless and skint. Moral fortitude doesn't feed hungry mouths or keep the wolves from the door.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Useless apart from the ability to furnish themselves with vast quantities of cash, it would appear.

Doesn't seem like too harsh a gig. Most of us are useless and skint. Moral fortitude doesn't feed hungry mouths or keep the wolves from the door.

Ability = born into money, yeah? 

Just incase anyone ever mistakenly attributed even a single iota of common sense and strategy to these chancers that pass for politicians in this country:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9798757/Boris-Johnson-cancels-plans-Churchillian-Freedom-Day-launch.html

"Officials had discussed marking the lifting of Covid restrictions with a rousing speech by the Prime Minister at an historic venue associated with the wartime leader – until scientific advisers took fright at the recent climb in cases". 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ability = born into money, yeah? 

Useless and loaded > ability and skint.

Back to 2005
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's growing evidence that what we call long covid could be a long term auto immune disease, causing the body's immune system to attack itself. Only time will tell with this one but it could be pretty serious in itself, and long term

Can you supply this evidence please.

11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

16 months to lose some weight but remember it's up to you to look after this porker.

20210718_122334.jpg

What a disgusting comment. You know nothing about this person. In the same way you correctly shouldn't comment on someone's race or sexuality online why do you feel amongst others on here it is ok to comment on someone's weight without any other information.  

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

And you call others conspiracy theorists! 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Prof Neil Ferguson on Marr just now with his modelling projections . 

He believes their is no doubt case number will reach a 100,000 and probably a 1000 day hospitalisation. Seems to be they believe NHS can cope with that. 

He also thought 200k cases a day and 2000 hospitalisation was possible. This would force rethinks of NHS services. 

They think the lowering of cases will be very slow as this wave will be a very different shape as no lockdown will be introduced. 

He has talked about herd immunity, they don’t know if possible and will be impossible without jabbing in under 18’s was his view. 

6-8 weeks is when they hope to see cases start plateauing. He’s not ruling out future lockdown requirements though perhaps caused by the flu as COVID may be under control but flu will be rampant this year. I think he thought restriction reintroduce as opposed to lockdown. 

When did that ^^^^ crawl out from behind his Rock ? It’s nice to see he has made his usual predictions so we can laugh in a months time how inaccurate they were . 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Tell me about it ! One in particular writes never ending gobbly **** which , which seems all very intellectual even though it might actually be just gobbly **** 

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

restrictions for flu? Flu deaths matter (now)?

Absolute joke . If they think about restrictions regarding flu in the winter just order those who are most prone to it to shield . The rest of us can get on  with our lives 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lol there was a ludicrious item on “ Edinburgh live “ about a mother complaining about her child of 3 years old who she believes has long covid . He’s “ irritable , restless , argumentative, chest issues etc “ sounds like a normal 3 years old to me . I expect  various claims by the usual suspects for PIP , u know the parents whose kids allegedly have ADHD or anxiety and depression. 

19 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

16 months to lose some weight but remember it's up to you to look after this porker.

20210718_122334.jpg

He should also have “ I’m also trying to eat a low fat healthy balanced diet “ 

Edited by JamesM48

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, connlach said:

What a disgusting comment. You know nothing about this person. In the same way you correctly shouldn't comment on someone's race or sexuality online why do you feel amongst others on here it is ok to comment on someone's weight without any other information.  

Oh shut up. 

He's yet another virtue signalling idiot who takes no responsibility for himself while demanding that everyone else does. 

God I could do with losing a few pounds myself but I'm not expecting you to go for a jog to help with this.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ffs Enzo, suggesting the guy turn his questions on the people he listens to isn't controversial or backing governments, it's basic thinking for yourself and using your critical faculties. His lack of reply is noted, as is your lack of understanding.

I'm all for using critical faculties, Smithee👍

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Card carrying commies.

Exactly.

Absolutely, Guv. We need less card carrying Commies imo.👍

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, connlach said:

We need more disgusting comments imo.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Oh shut up. 

He's yet another virtue signalling idiot who takes no responsibility for himself while demanding that everyone else does. 

God I could do with losing a few pounds myself but I'm not expecting you to go for a jog to help with this.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely, Guv. We need less card carrying Commies imo.👍

Sorry we need more 😂😂😂 esp at dinner parties with JC and Miss Redgrave 😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic