Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

France in verge of going on to red list.

Why ? They have one of the lowest rates in Europe. Lower than some green countries ? Unless the info I’m reading is wrong 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It seems we all relaxed too early again. Human beings, what are we like?

I’m not in anything together.

Sorry, Red !

Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming and we’re nowhere near any peak.

The hospitals are struggling, nothing should come anywhere near that priority.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not in anything together.

Sorry, Red !

Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming and we’re nowhere near any peak.

The hospitals are struggling, nothing should come anywhere near that priority.

So what is your suggestion to the Govt then ? 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My daughter has COVID toes syndrome. The blood isn’t circulating and they turned kind of black. 

No one in house has popped for COVID. 

Now my daughter has a underlying medical condition, it’s rare as **** but it basically causes the same issue. The doctors can’t figure out if she had COVID or the condition has flared up as she getting to a certain age 

On the bright side the docs said due to COVID they have much better treatment for her condition. She was in for some new treatment a couple of weeks ago only second person in the country (though that might be under 18)

It was pretty lengthy 8 hours a day for 5 days. However, the good news is it seems to have been successful. The circulation has returned to her feet and toes and their no longer discoloured like they were. However, to my daughter it has eased a bit of pain and to me and the wife the relief is massive. 

I’m not convinced medicine is an exact science as daft as that sounds 

Medical science is not an exact science . GPs sometimes don’t know their arse from their elbow really ! May diseases have the same symptoms so they sometimes randomly hazard a guess what might be wrong . However consultants Generally know their stuff IMO 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There is a middle ground, dear Governor, between complacency and fear/panic.

Time to start stockpiling for winter.

There’ll be a lot who have already started.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

So what is your suggestion to the Govt then ? 

If only I could give a suggestion.

I can only offer an opinion and that is the decision to relax is political, driven by pressure from WM. 

Sturgeon can bleat on about evidence all she wants, these decisions are political. They are now in a bind as the very factors they gave us for determining levels will be ignored, namely hospital admissions, ICU and deaths.

They are lying b******s.

Have a good day, I’m off out for a walk.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I can only offer an opinion and that is the decision to relax is political, driven by pressure from WM. 

Sturgeon can bleat on about evidence all she wants, these decisions are political. They are now in a bind as the very factors they gave us for determining levels will be ignored, namely hospital admissions, ICU and deaths.

They are lying b******s.

👍

Well it all depends how one interprets the “ evidence” . We have now opened up since May 17th nearly 2 months . The death rates are still very low , yes hospitalisations are up but no where near pre vaccine levels .  Actually , shock horror , I think the SG are pursuing the correct strategy and not panicking or responding to white noise from panic merchants such as the media etc . They need to ride this out , accept a certain level of deaths ( they are ) and focus on getting as many people to voluntary take the vaccine as much as they can . Any future restrictions / lockdowns are really out of the question and should not be contemplated . The vulnerable / older are all vaccinated . There is really nothing more we can do . 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

They are lying b******s.

👍

Oh enjoy your walk 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well it all depends how one interprets the “ evidence” . We have now opened up since May 17th nearly 2 months . The death rates are still very low , yes hospitalisations are up but no where near pre vaccine levels .  Actually , shock horror , I think the SG are pursuing the correct strategy and not panicking or responding to white noise from panic merchants such as the media etc . They need to ride this out , accept a certain level of deaths ( they are ) and focus on getting as many people to voluntary take the vaccine as much as they can . Any future restrictions / lockdowns are really out of the question and should not be contemplated . The vulnerable / older are all vaccinated . There is really nothing more we can do . 

That's the crux of it for me. Putting my ideological beliefs around what I'd have like to see happen...what else can we actually do? What do people want to happen?

We either accept restrictions indefinitely or we remove them. With vaccinations offered to those at risk we're at a point now where waiting doesn't seem to bring us much more. What is it we'd be waiting for? What's the plan of those who are unhappy with the plan, and what's it based on?

Anyway, scorching hot down here. I've some work to do then I'll be working outside this afternoon. Enjoy everyone 👍👍

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's the crux of it for me. Putting my ideological beliefs around what I'd have like to see happen...what else can we actually do? What do people want to happen?

We either accept restrictions indefinitely or we remove them. With vaccinations offered to those at risk we're at a point now where waiting doesn't seem to bring us much more. What is it we'd be waiting for? What's the plan of those who are unhappy with the plan, and what's it based on?

Anyway, scorching hot down here. I've some work to do then I'll be working outside this afternoon. Enjoy everyone 👍👍

Exactly hence asking Boab what he would like the SG to do then ? What suggestions are out there ? If he and others are unhappy or worried about the direction we are going in suggest an alternative strategy . I’m fine with the current strategy . It is the realistic and certainly the less damaging in the long term . Enjoy your day 👍

scott herbertson
16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am only one in 8 million

There a few in most places!

It was a genuine question because I can't think of any city I really detest.

Having lived there (suburbs) for 30 years i have mixed feelings but I'm sure I'd have the same about any major city. Certainly for anyone aged between 20 and 50 I'd say it is a great place to live, or if you are older and wealthy and can afford to stay in one of the nicer bits with easy access to the central theatres/ venues etc.

I felt it was less good when the kids were getting on to the teenage years - too many bad things for the parents to worry about, especially as the parents had done most of them themselves!

The nearest I have come to detesting a city would be Los Angeles. Despite its name one of the most soulless places one earth

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Having lived there (suburbs) for 30 years i have mixed feelings but I'm sure I'd have the same about any major city. Certainly for anyone aged between 20 and 50 I'd say it is a great place to live, or if you are older and wealthy and can afford to stay in one of the nicer bits with easy access to the central theatres/ venues etc.

I felt it was less good when the kids were getting on to the teenage years - too many bad things for the parents to worry about, especially as the parents had done most of them themselves!

The nearest I have come to detesting a city would be Los Angeles. Despite its name one of the most soulless places one earth

Certainly LA would be near the top of a list of my least favourite cities, especially to live in,  but I can't say I detest it. Dubai would be near the top of my list and far outmatches LA for soulless-ness IMO.  Anyway maybe a topic for another thread!

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Certainly LA would be near the top of a list of my least favourite cities, especially to live in,  but I can't say I detest it. Dubai would be near the top of my list and far outmatches LA for soulless-ness IMO.  Anyway maybe a topic for another thread!

You're probably right re Dubai - never made it out of the airport despite being stuck there for 5 hours. No desire at all to go to the place itself

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There was a wee lassie on the news last night with covid toes. She seemed to be in a bit of discomfort and it was a bloody shame.

She'd never been diagnosed with covid, and never had any covid symptoms until her toes became swollen and sore.

Now I'm not saying that what she has isn't covid related, but most of us will at some time have suffered from an ailment which doctors couldn't put their finger on.

I would hazard that from now on, many of those ailments will in some way be attributed to covid.

Surely they can test for anti-bodies or some indicator of previous infection. 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Time to start stockpiling for winter.

There’ll be a lot who have already started.

Haulage companies are already warning of food shortages given that Brexit has seen the industry lose drivers who found it much easier to go back to Europe than deal with the extensive paperwork and regulations required to continue working in the UK. They need to fill 30,000 driver vacancies across the industry.

The customs documentation that is required before the truck drivers can pick up a load can also tie them up at the port from 2 hours to an entire day. The government's solution? Relax the restrictions on how long individual drivers can be on shift. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

i have woken up with plenty of this morning, with a dash of self loathing thrown in for good measure. 

Ahh the after effects of booze😫

i have woken up with plenty of this morning, with a dash of self loathing thrown in for good measure. 

Ahh the after effects of booze😫

The only cure for the fear is to get back on it.

I feel like I'm preaching to the converted here.

My daughter has COVID toes syndrome. The blood isn’t circulating and they turned kind of black. 

No one in house has popped for COVID. 

Now my daughter has a underlying medical condition, it’s rare as **** but it basically causes the same issue. The doctors can’t figure out if she had COVID or the condition has flared up as she getting to a certain age 

On the bright side the docs said due to COVID they have much better treatment for her condition. She was in for some new treatment a couple of weeks ago only second person in the country (though that might be under 18)

It was pretty lengthy 8 hours a day for 5 days. However, the good news is it seems to have been successful. The circulation has returned to her feet and toes and their no longer discoloured like they were. However, to my daughter it has eased a bit of pain and to me and the wife the relief is massive. 

I’m not convinced medicine is an exact science as daft as that sounds 

It's nowhere near as daft as it sounds.

Good to hear the girl one is on the mend of sorts. When the boys take ill I'd gladly suffer it ten times worse if I could take it away from them. It can't be easy for any of you.

Necessity being the mother of invention, I'd imagine all kinds of improved treatments for a variety of ailments will arise from the current shitshow - not least the ability to develop, fast-track, and mass-deliver vaccines. Every cloud, right?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

There is a middle ground, dear Governor, between complacency and fear/panic.

The middle ground is for fence-sitting pussies, red. You're either with us, or against us. :seething:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I thought you would like the rebellious side the French have GT?

Oh I do.

We could learn a lot from the French about rebellion, decapitation, food, drink, chain-smoking, and alluring, huffy waitresses.

It's just nice to see a spot of red-tape being lobbed back in their garlic munching direction.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Why ? They have one of the lowest rates in Europe. Lower than some green countries ? Unless the info I’m reading is wrong 

62% increase in cases in the last week. 

27 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Surely they can test for anti-bodies or some indicator of previous infection. 

Haulage companies are already warning of food shortages given that Brexit has seen the industry lose drivers who found it much easier to go back to Europe than deal with the extensive paperwork and regulations required to continue working in the UK. They need to fill 30,000 driver vacancies across the industry.

The customs documentation that is required before the truck drivers can pick up a load can also tie them up at the port from 2 hours to an entire day. The government's solution? Relax the restrictions on how long individual drivers can be on shift. 

That's not right. 

43 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

You're probably right re Dubai - never made it out of the airport despite being stuck there for 5 hours. No desire at all to go to the place itself

Played in the Dubai sevens back in the 80s and it was a great place. Humungous changes since then though but my pal who is an air hostess (steward?) loves it there 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly hence asking Boab what he would like the SG to do then ? What suggestions are out there ? If he and others are unhappy or worried about the direction we are going in suggest an alternative strategy . I’m fine with the current strategy . It is the realistic and certainly the less damaging in the long term . Enjoy your day 👍

I’ll answer both of you through you, if you don’t mind, James.

It’s always been personal choice once the levels got down to 2.

We can do all the things we want to do. I’m not ready to do it all. Personal choice. 
I just think going from 2 to zero and then to no restrictions in 3 weeks is too fast, especially as hospitals are creaking. Go to level zero when operations are not being cancelled.

Politicians are liars. Protect the NHS they say !

Lying scum.

Anyway, enjoyed the walk, James, cheers.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’ll answer both of you through you, if you don’t mind, James.

It’s always been personal choice once the levels got down to 2.

We can do all the things we want to do. I’m not ready to do it all. Personal choice. 
I just think going from 2 to zero and then to no restrictions in 3 weeks is too fast, especially as hospitals are creaking. Go to level zero when operations are not being cancelled.

Politicians are liars. Protect the NHS they say !

Lying scum.

Anyway, enjoyed the walk, James, cheers.

👍

We will have to agree to disagree . I’m out soon a walk now 😎 a wee coffee and some food 

18 minutes ago, pablo said:

That's not right. 

Thanks for the concise rebuttal. Very helpful in furthering the discussion.

If you mean the truck situation: 

If you meant the antibodies: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know#:~:text=A study published in the journal Immunity found that people,and could last much longer.

Brighton Jambo

The only real alternative strategy other than what is being implemented is to wait until everyone has two vaccinations then ease restrictions (September)  This simply isn’t viable for a number of reason:

1.  People would not adhere to the rules over a whole summer anyway and then you have lost public support

2.  You are then removing restrictions at a time when schools are back

3.  You are then easing restrictions just as we move into winter.

Short of ruling out nearly all of this year, given where cases numbers were a couple of months ago and given the current vaccination levels this approach is the right one.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If you meant the antibodies: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know#:~:text=A study published in the journal Immunity found that people,and could last much longer.

Sorry Mate. I meant the transport situation. The UK driver market is actually 60 thousand drivers short. But there's a driver shortage throughout Europe, it's not confined to the UK only. Brexit has certainly made this situation worse, but it's not the root cause as such. There's loads of factors behind the shortage in the market. As this is the Covid thread, the pandemic as well as causing a surge in demand for retail also stopped the training and testing of new HGV drivers entering the market. 

Bindy Badgy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/englands-covid-unlocking-a-threat-to-the-world-experts-say?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Boris Johnson’s plan to lift virtually all of England’s pandemic restrictions on Monday is a threat to the world and provides fertile ground for the emergence of vaccine-resistant variants, international experts say.

At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

The letter said: “We believe the government is embarking on a dangerous and unethical experiment, and we call on it to pause plans to abandon mitigations on July 19, 2021.”

“The world is watching the current avoidable crisis unfold in the UK,” said Dr Deepti Gurdasani, a clinical epidemiologist and senior lecturer at Queen Mary University of London, who is taking part in Friday’s summit.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Bojo a threat to the World :vrface:

You've got to love the Guardian and their sources :rofl:

For some reason when I read I just thought of Austin Powers and BJ being his arch enemy ( can’t recall his name ) 😂 😂

Scottish numbers: 16 July 2021

Summary

• 2,047 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-39; down from 3,216 a week ago]
  • 26,868 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-7,905]
    • 8.5% of these were positive [+1.9%]
  • 5 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-14]
  • 48 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 532 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  [-11]
  • 3,963,502 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,940,202 have received their second dose [+6,953; +13,072]

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The only real alternative strategy other than what is being implemented is to wait until everyone has two vaccinations then ease restrictions (September)  This simply isn’t viable for a number of reason:

1.  People would not adhere to the rules over a whole summer anyway and then you have lost public support

Short of ruling out nearly all of this year, given where cases numbers were a couple of months ago and given the current vaccination levels this approach is the right one.  

👍

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

I think he maybe means the cause of the driver shortage and it being unique to the UK. Maybe.

It's certainly exacerbated here but it's an issue right across Europe due to (much like other things) an ageing population and drivers retiring and not being backfilled by new up and comers. Sure the average HGV driver age is something like mid-50s!!

Edit: D'oh...didn't realise how far behind I was on the thread. Already answered. Sorry!!

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What people never raise as well is that they seem to think vaccines will requires boosters. So if you wait, it'll be those most in need of help who's immunity will be waning...rather than those least in need of help doing it now.

Today's trend stats. A nice drop in the 7-day case rate, with some noticeably large decreases in a number of local areas, particularly towards the top of the table. Good to see a drop today in the overall number of hospitalised Covid patients but we'll have to run a few days to see if this represents a turning point or is just a blip. Positivity rate still declining (disappointing that there were no Brucie players today).

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     14 Jul 13 Jul 12 Jul 11 Jul 10 Jul ... 1 May
Scotland     287 308 -21   321 343 340 344 356 ... 22
Midlothian 2 4 525 586 -61   624 660 647 653 708 ... 10
Dundee City 2 4 441 495 -54   527 584 589 614 668 ... 13
Edinburgh City 2 4 383 405 -22   428 465 451 468 487 ... 27
Angus 1 4 372 427 -55   445 473 448 458 453 ... 7
Inverclyde 1 4 364 415 -51   443 446 451 442 479 ... 15
East Lothian 1 4 356 408 -52   429 474 463 486 512 ... 5
Renfrewshire 2 4 341 350 -9   355 355 347 353 382 ... 20
North Lanarkshire 2 4 337 363 -26   369 370 356 351 350 ... 40
Glasgow City 2 4 332 361 -29   376 397 405 415 424 ... 33
East Renfrewshire 2 4 327 371 -44   395 412 425 423 425 ... 24
Fife 1 4 312 323 -11   336 366 372 375 381 ... 32
West Dunbartonshire 1 4 289 320 -31   351 387 380 382 401 ... 28
Perth & Kinross 1 4 283 294 -11   328 360 359 367 384 ... 22
West Lothian 1 4 282 321 -39   335 366 368 356 368 ... 26
Aberdeen City 1 4 279 296 -17   314 350 348 362 376 ... 13
East Dunbartonshire 2 4 249 264 -15   282 328 337 354 369 ... 51
Falkirk 1 4 247 295 -48   323 344 344 334 341 ... 23
South Lanarkshire 2 4 237 255 -18   251 253 250 256 266 ... 18
Scottish Borders 1 4 207 202 +5   229 230 237 246 268 ... 6
Shetland Islands 0 4 201 183 +18   144 109 74 65 52 ... 0
Highland 1 / 0 4 197 201 -4   199 209 218 219 234 ... 9
Stirling 2 4 196 219 -23   226 242 248 230 238 ... 11
Aberdeenshire 1 4 194 200 -6   201 212 202 206 199 ... 8
South Ayrshire 2 4 178 194 -16   186 206 201 202 224 ... 25
North Ayrshire 2 4 177 194 -17   211 251 251 256 263 ... 17
East Ayrshire 2 4 174 179 -5   199 219 211 222 248 ... 45
Moray 1 4 164 160 +4   148 125 106 96 83 ... 65
Clackmannanshire 2 4 161 146 +15   167 192 196 192 210 ... 14
Dumfries & Galloway 1 3 142 132 +10   111 124 117 112 104 ... 19
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 3 134 140 -6   151 172 169 158 168 ... 7
Orkney Islands 0 3 81 85 -4   117 126 126 112 112 ... 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 2 34 41 -7   45 64 64 52 41 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     14 Jul 13 Jul 12 Jul 11 Jul 10 Jul ... 1 May
Tests     27095 28304 -1209   28812 29577 29766 29608 30380 ... 18484
Cases     2239 2406 -167   2508 2674 2650 2684 2781 ... 171
Positivity rate %     9.1 9.3 -0.2   9.5 9.9 9.7 9.9 9.9 ... 1.1
Deaths     6.6 6.7 -0.1   4.6 3.7 4.0 4.0 4.0 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     21225 22418 -1193   23467 24942 26331 26571 26787 ... 45346
1st Dose     7473 7955 -482   8324 8873 9312 10118 10825 ... 6677
2nd Dose     13752 14463 -711   15143 16069 17019 16453 15962 ... 38669

Daily data                          
All in hospital     532 543 -11   515 506 469 444 435 ... 65
Non-ICU     484 496 -12   469 465 429 404 393 ... 54
ICU     48 47 +1   46 41 40 40 42 ... 11

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Decent numbers. Possibly the crest of the wave has been reached...?

In Scotland, yes. Regarding cases, we hit that crest a couple of weeks ago and are now heading back down. Hopefully we will have a high enough combined immunity from infection and vaccination now that the rising cases in the rest of the UK and abroad won't see us heading up again.

JudyJudyJudy

Arghhh what is it with clary bass ! On buses who cough and don’t put hand over their mouth ??? I mean those with masks on !! Really boils my piss 

Nucky Thompson
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

For some reason when I read I just thought of Austin Powers and BJ being his arch enemy ( can’t recall his name ) 😂 😂

Blofeld Johnson 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Arghhh what is it with clary bass ! On buses who cough and don’t put hand over their mouth ??? I mean those with masks on !! Really boils my piss 

Better rush home and bleach yourself, James. Can't be too careful.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

62% increase in cases in the last week. 

Coming from a very low base though. Loads of European countries with higher rates, including at least one in the green list

willie wallace

I take it the Delta variant hasn't reached the USA as their numbers are lower than ours right now.

My son lives lives in Amsterdam and he said the young team went mental when restrictions were lifted hence the tenfold increase in cases in only 2 weeks.

Half of the cases In the 20- 29 age bracket.

Are the nightclubs reopening here on Aug. 9?

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes, unfortunately we've been force fed a diet of daily updates of "cases", hospitalisations and deaths for 18months now. There has deliberately never been any context provided, in order to scare the public witless. 

Some in the scientific community are fighting like fury to maintain lockdown and are therefore continuing with their hospitalisation scaremongering,  apparently oblivious to the vaccination roll out and the fact that 90% of UK adults now have antibodies.

The public have now been brainwashed into seeing any level of hospitalisations or deaths as being a justification for restrictive measures and cowering away in the house.

Hundreds of thousands are hospitalised and tens of thousands die every winter with flu or pneumonia and no-one batted an eyelid.  Now, we seem to be searching for a cure for death.

For full transparency,  any future reporting of hospital/death figures should be published alongside non-Covid related figures. That will allow the public to see the bigger picture and move on from the Covid induced fear and paralysis that is gripping the country.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Played in the Dubai sevens back in the 80s and it was a great place. Humungous changes since then though but my pal who is an air hostess (steward?) loves it there 

Dubai is great if your minted. But basically it’s 3 big malls, a decent beach and some hotels to look at which most of us can only aspire to. Okay for. 3 day novelty  break. Boring as **** if you stay any longer than that unless you are wedged to the max.

Edited by JimmyCant

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Had to read that twice. I thought there was someone called Clary Bass.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Dubai is great if your minted. But basically it’s 3 big malls, a decent beach and some hotels to look at which most of us can only aspire to. Okay for. 3 day novelty  break. Boring as **** if you stay any longer than that unless you are wedged to the max.

Top class hookers, mind.  :sadrobbo:

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Top class hookers, mind.  :sadrobbo:

Never really noticed to be honest. Not the sort of thing to be doing in Dubai though I’d have thought unless your desperate. You get locked up there for walking on the cracks in the pavement 

Nucky Thompson

Just got an e-mail from LNER about restrictions coming to an end on the 19th. They have come to an agreement with Transport Scotland to adopt the English rules on cross border trains, so basically if you were expecting a reserved, socially distanced seat, any Tom, Dick or Harry will be able to plank their farters down next to you

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I take it the Delta variant hasn't reached the USA as their numbers are lower than ours right now.

My son lives lives in Amsterdam and he said the young team went mental when restrictions were lifted hence the tenfold increase in cases in only 2 weeks.

Half of the cases In the 20- 29 age bracket.

Are the nightclubs reopening here on Aug. 9?

The spread of the Delta variant in the Netherlands is also a factor and will probably be demonstrated further when more recent data is added.

In the week to 4 July, the Delta variant accounted for 66.9% of cases (up 30.7% on the previous week).

The Alpha variant (Kent) accounted for 29.6% (down 31.3%), so pretty well a reverse of the variant split within a week.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not the sort of thing to be doing in Dubai though I’d have thought 

Folk can still get a dose of the horn in Dubai :biggrin2:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic