Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Enjoy :thumbsup: The simple things in life that people used to take for granted

Most definitely. 

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A couple of years in the gym and you too could kiss godbye to group two and join the cool kids in group one, Konrad. 👍

Not to toot my own trumpet GT,  however, I, am one of the afore mentioned Adoni

:smugger:

Rupert Pupkin

In other news, I got my 2nd jab today, was supposed to be tomorrow, but it was inconvenient for me.. 

Dropped into Gorebridge, in and out in 20 mins, and I thought the attractive lady was chatting me up till she stabbed me with a needle..

Looking forward to getting back to normal, and not worrying about things I wasn’t worrying about anyways...🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:muggy:

JudyJudyJudy

I was a bit of a fat tie tonight at pub meal ! Haggis balls for starters then fish and chips 🍟 was lovely . Shame they didn’t mention the “ service charge “ though ! Back to the intermittent fasting diet tomorrow 👍 I’ll shed it easily 

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've puffed a couple of fatties this evening too, tbf.

Em, you did what to whom?

Can somebody please post the Kenneth Williams emoji.

Having a go at overweight people, good grief. 

Damn, I’ve got slightly high blood pressure due to caffeine, kids and a negative income since Xmas 2019. 
Guess it’s my fault.

Should have been drinking nettle tea, been a virgin (like the grans box room dwelling alt right enthusiast who is stinking up the thread) and never become self employed 23 years ago.

9 minutes ago, westbow said:

Damn, I’ve got slightly high blood pressure due to caffeine, kids and a negative income since Xmas 2019. 
Guess it’s my fault.

Should have been drinking nettle tea, been a virgin (like the grans box room dwelling alt right enthusiast who is stinking up the thread) and never become self employed 23 years ago.

👏👏

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, westbow said:

Guess it’s my fault.

Can you be a bit more specific please?

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can you be a bit more specific please?

There's maybe 3  of them,  a triumvirate, if you will... Although one seems to be sleeping....

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I say pork pie,

You say Adoni,

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, westbow said:

Damn, I’ve got slightly high blood pressure 

There's a free tablet on the NHS that will take care of that problem. Get in the queue though :biggrin2:

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Spent a pleasant weekend in Chester.

By the looks of things there, freedom day has already arrived south of the border. Personal responsibility reigns in shops, restaurants, pubs and tourist accommodation, with nobody looking fussed about masks or distancing.

Back to normal.

Chester?!

Is this your doing?

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Spent a pleasant weekend in Chester.

By the looks of things there, freedom day has already arrived south of the border. Personal responsibility reigns in shops, restaurants, pubs and tourist accommodation, with nobody looking fussed about masks or distancing.

Back to normal.

I love Chester Jonesy. Everywhere in England seems to be back to normal long before freedom day.

Meanwhile we're 'allowed' 2000 fans at Tynie 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, westbow said:

Guess it’s my fault.

Hahahahaha 👍🏽👏🏾

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not guilty!

However, given the temperature and sunshine there yesterday causing the local lovelies to strut their stuff with very little left to the imagination, there was enough ding dong to make up for the cancelled festivities.

😄 :clap:

Daily Mirror journalist on sky news just accused Boris Johnson of wanting to do a Churchillian speech calling this a 'Nazi virus'. 

Jesus wept. Is that how divergent a society we are living in where 'journalists' can make claims of such an extremist nature and not worry about the repercussions? 

Just now, Aaron78 said:

Daily Mirror journalist on sky news just accused Boris Johnson of wanting to do a Churchillian speech calling this a 'Nazi virus'. 

Jesus wept. Is that how divergent a society we are living in where 'journalists' can make claims of such an extremist nature and not worry about the repercussions? 

Not a judgment of Johnson, just amazed at what the msm are allowed to broadcast 

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Seems there's a fair few bronzed Adonis' posting on the thread these days....Along with some pompus, loud mouthed attention seekers.

:greggy:

I'm currently more on the pink end of the spectrum, but in a few days it should be bronzed. You've got the Adonis part right though 👍👍

9 hours ago, XB52 said:

The lunatics have taken over on here. Each one backing up each other no matter how insane or offensive the posts. 

100%. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

100%. 

some non-lunatic should counter some of these posts with reasoned debate - should be easy enough if the posts are of the nature described

at least Kila had a go at questioning the data but I don’t think they had fully thought it through  - credit tho for engaging in debate 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

The same divergent society when the wilfully shit decisions of an incompetent government can kill 130,000 while they hand out multi billion pound contracts to their mates and not worry about the repercussions. 

manaliveits105
   15 hours ago,  XB52 said: 

The lunatics have taken over on here. Each one backing up each other no matter how insane or offensive the posts. 

100%

👍

Edited by manaliveits105

Unknown user
6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

some non-lunatic should counter some of these posts with reasoned debate - should be easy enough if the posts are of the nature described

at least Kila had a go at questioning the data but I don’t think they had fully thought it through  - credit tho for engaging in debate 

You try don't you, but then you've got people like Back to 2005 who still can't admit he just believed what he was told about a Portuguese document 12 days on from the event. 

Anyone that can read can see what a fool he's making of himself but in this post trump world, doubling down on bullshit is how it's done.

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I love Chester Jonesy. Everywhere in England seems to be back to normal long before freedom day.

Meanwhile we're 'allowed' 2000 fans at Tynie 

120,000 at Grand Prix yesterday 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:
17 hours ago, XB52 said:

100%. 

:interehjrling:

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The same divergent society when the wilfully shit decisions of an incompetent government can kill 130,000 while they hand out multi billion pound contracts to their mates and not worry about the repercussions. 

Not really the point I was making, but bash on with your own extreme views. It's pretty clear where your political agenda lies.... 

Blaming 130k deaths on the decisions of a government to a unforseen global pandemic which has killed millions around the world is stretching it a little.  If only he'd got it right the UK would have been untouched?

No doubt you made some decisions during the last 18 months  which resulted in the virus spreading and ultimately killed others. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.... 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Not really the point I was making, but bash on with your own extreme views. It's pretty clear where your political agenda lies.... 

Blaming 130k deaths on the decisions of a government to a unforseen global pandemic which has killed millions around the world is stretching it a little.  If only he'd got it right the UK would have been untouched?

No doubt you made some decisions during the last 18 months  which resulted in the virus spreading and ultimately killed others. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.... 

Obviously it's the pandemic that has been killing people but you're not getting the point he's making - that shit decisions have exacerbated the situation.

As for your second paragraph, behave, governments have responsibility for policy and are open to criticism - you don't need to live a perfect life to point at their failings.

Bindy Badgy
20 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

It wasn't unforseen. Virologists have been predicting something like this for decades. Any competant government would have prepared for an event like this.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Coronavirus and it's associated complications killed 130 000.  The way folk talk you'd think Tories had been creeping about the misty streets infecting folk like some ripper-esque Victorian night crawler.

The figure is certainly inflated due to poor leadership, but many of those 130000 would've pegged it regardless of Governmental decision making (such as the care home fiasco). France, Italy, Spain, and Germany aren't far behind the UK.  

The rest of your post stands, though. Heads should roll. I don't know how folk can vote for this shower.

3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

It wasn't unforseen. Virologists have been predicting something like this for decades. Any competant government would have prepared for an event like this.

Which competent government did? 

8 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

8 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Not a judgment of Johnson, just amazed at what the msm are allowed to broadcast 

Do you believe in freedom of the press?

There are libel laws, so telling lies can have consequences.

Or would you prefer if journalists had to check with a government agency first before saying or publishing anything?

We could call it the Ministry of Truth.

It's insane that England is fully re-opening despite the rampant new variant tearing through the place.

Being double vaccinated against the original strain has shown to not give you the same level of protection against the new one.

Whereas the severity of symptoms is far less and risk of death is lower, you're still unable to work once you contract it.

It's as if they just can't be bothered with it any more and are hoping it goes away.

Back in lockdown by Xmas. 100%.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Coronavirus and it's associated complications killed 130 000.  The way folk talk you'd think Tories had been creeping about the misty streets infecting folk like some ripper-esque Victorian night crawler.

The figure is certainly inflated due to poor leadership, but many of those 130000 would've pegged it regardless of Governmental decision making (such as the care home fiasco). France, Italy, Spain, and Germany aren't far behind the UK.  

The rest of your post stands, though. Heads should roll. I don't know how folk can vote for this shower.

I completely agree with you. The way the Tories have managed to use this to benefit themselves and their mates is a disgrace. 

Johnson flip flops constantly trying to get away with as much as possible before backtracking. 

I'm still not going to lay the blame for 130k deaths squarely at his door though. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You try don't you, but then you've got people like Back to 2005 who still can't admit he just believed what he was told about a Portuguese document 12 days on from the event. 

Anyone that can read can see what a fool he's making of himself but in this post trump world, doubling down on bullshit is how it's done.

thats one post and one poster and surely not the first time a poster has apparently failed to back up a claim to a level another poster wants - there’s also hundreds of pages of claims of events which almost certainly have multi-reasons causing the outcome where posters copy one link which includes their reason and so claiming that’s the reason - which of course it may not be “the reason” or even the dominant reason - so again hardly cutting edge lunatic behaviour being displayed we’ve not seen before

you do seem a bit fixated on the Portugal thing - I assume you don’t believe the other poster has backed it up sufficiently - if so maybe worth taking that as a case where someone has ‘failed’ in their back-up (whether they actually have or not) and moving on?

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's insane that England is fully re-opening despite the rampant new variant tearing through the place.

Being double vaccinated against the original strain has shown to not give you the same level of protection against the new one.

Whereas the severity of symptoms is far less and risk of death is lower, you're still unable to work once you contract it.

It's as if they just can't be bothered with it any more and are hoping it goes away.

:vrface:

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Given there are 17 countries with worse death rates than the UK, there must be a lot of world leaders who have "killed" hundreds of thousands. It's the most outlandish conspiracy theory of all time!

Bindy Badgy
10 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Which competent government did? 

Vietnam, Taiwan and New Zealand have all done significantly better than we have. Taiwan has seen a recent uptick in cases but, they're attacking them hard. New Zealand is a special case as they're far more isolated than most other countries but, Taiwan and Vietnam had a significant disadvantage due to their proximitiy to China.

3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Vietnam, Taiwan and New Zealand have all done significantly better than we have. Taiwan has seen a recent uptick in cases but, they're attacking them hard. New Zealand is a special case as they're far more isolated than most other countries but, Taiwan and Vietnam had a significant disadvantage due to their proximitiy to China.

How did they better prepare for this forseen event and how did that aid their response? 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

thats one post and one poster and surely not the first time a poster has apparently failed to back up a claim to a level another poster wants - there’s also hundreds of pages of claims of events which almost certainly have multi-reasons causing the outcome where posters copy one link which includes their reason and so claiming that’s the reason - which of course it may not be “the reason” or even the dominant reason - so again hardly cutting edge lunatic behaviour being displayed we’ve not seen before

you do seem a bit fixated on the Portugal thing - I assume you don’t believe the other poster has backed it up sufficiently - if so maybe worth taking that as a case where someone has ‘failed’ in their back-up (whether they actually have or not) and moving on?

Aye maybe, except the guy came in big guns slagging everyone for believing what they're told, then provided a document he can't read as proof of something he claims as fact - because someone told him that's what it said.

And what we have now is exactly what he wanted to achieve- he didn't end up acknowledging he was talking absolute shit and has spent enough time dancing round it that the waters are muddied and some start to give the benefit of the doubt.

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Well that rules out pretty much every government in the Western world, then. Including our very own Scottish one.

39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:vrface:

tenor.gif

The Mighty Thor
56 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

All 130,000 would have died eventually. The poor handling and terrible decision making only accelerated the deaths of many who had underlying health conditions. 

The Tories don't need to sneak about killing folk. They do it from the comfort of Downing St and the Palace of Westminster, cutting the NHS, support services, community care, benefits etc etc. 

Not one iota of a **** is given as long as the snouts are buried in the trough. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

All 130,000 would have died eventually. The poor handling and terrible decision making only accelerated the deaths of many who had underlying health conditions. 

The Tories don't need to sneak about killing folk. They do it from the comfort of Downing St and the Palace of Westminster, cutting the NHS, support services, community care, benefits etc etc. 

If only health matters were a devolved power in Scotland? Oh wait a minute :silviodamn:

Enzo Chiefo
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Where is the evidence that people "won't be able to work"?

Any variant,  with or without vaccine, the vast majority of people will have no or mild symptoms.  Those with other health issues or who are particularly vulnerable were more at risk from complications. 

The vaccine offers 94% protection against serious illness or death from any variant therefore the only people who could possibly be "locked down" at Christmas would be those for whom the vaccine doesn't work.

Even that is unlikely though as the virus will have been floored by our wall of immunity long before then.

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

For 'Tories' read the majority of elected governments globally. 

You're spot on, though.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic