Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Ive never seen the online booking site?  I have been waiting weeks for any appointment. 

It’s for changing appointments already booked.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s for changing appointments already booked.  

ah sorry misread. 

Toxteth O'Grady
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The UK vaccination figures today show that more 2nd doses were given than 1st doses.  

1st doses - 224,590

2nd doses - 270,526

Taking my Mum and Dad for their 2nd tomorrow at their GP

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Care might involve any form of face-to-face support, including delivery of messages, cleaning, much-needed physical presence for moral support, etc., not necessarily health-related care, imo. It also applies if you provide such support to "one or more family members, friends or neighbours".

I can concur with that. One of my daughters was surprised to find that should could get a jab as a carer, as she keeps an eye on an elderly couple downstairs from her, does their shopping and generally ensures that they have everything need, like taking them to get their jabs.

She went through the website questions and was given a slot for her first jag later this week.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The UK vaccination figures today show that more 2nd doses were given than 1st doses.  

1st doses - 224,590

2nd doses - 270,526

Another example of how good the UK roll-out is.  Even with reduced supplies looming and the necessity to to prioritise 2nd doses,  there was still nearly a quarter million 1st doses.  It's quite phenomenal.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Meant to be flying to the Canary Islands on Saturday. The whole family has come down with a fever, blocked nose and sore throat. 

Had our PCR tests today so will see whether it’s COVID or just a bad cold. 

Will be gutted if it’s COVID, as Macron will likely be shutting schools and putting us back into strict confinement tonight. 

Hope u manage to get to the Canaries. 

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Meant to be flying to the Canary Islands on Saturday. The whole family has come down with a fever, blocked nose and sore throat. 

Had our PCR tests today so will see whether it’s COVID or just a bad cold. 

Will be gutted if it’s COVID, as Macron will likely be shutting schools and putting us back into strict confinement tonight. 

french schools shutting for 3 weeks from next week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56597319

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

You obviously haven't read the posts above which discuss the benefits to the population as a whole of extending vaccine coverage as widely as possible.

And who's the "they" who are making money? The not-for-profit Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, or the NHS whom it costs to organise and provide us with the vaccinations?

Just out of interest.

Well they have been asked to “open their books” which they don’t appear to be too happy doing. 

We shall see ....

3fingersreid

Just had my second jag , along with my wife and daughters . All got the Pfizer jag and as the last time , we’ve all got a sore arm and that’s it . 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Stunned at those saying they wouldn't trust the jab on their kids. Did you take your infant for their immunisations without question?

My 19 year old is working casually screening people into hospital. He's classed as front line for that reason and got his first jab yesterday. If he was 9 and in the same position my wife and I would have no hesitation at all in getting him jabbed either.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:notsure:

Why would you’re age of consent child need your approval to be jabbed up? Why would your 9 year old being in a front line position screening people into hospital?

Totally false comparison tbh.

In answer to your question. Yes they have been approved by the appropriate regulatory body and have a long track record. As opposed to newly created vaccine which as to date has one study on use in under 18 (12-15) which has yet to be peer reviewed, as far as I’m aware,  never mind received regulatory approval.

You would give you 9 year old son a non approved vaccine for a disease for a death rate of zero, not absolute zero, in that age group? What the number for child social services in Aus 😂

Whoosh! Ok, I will make myself clearer then. Once any vaccine has past regulatory approval then I would have no hesitation in giving consent for any child of mine to receive it. You wouldn't be able to give a child a non-approved vaccine but I thought that was obvious. Apparently not.

Anyway, although children aren't a priority, assuming they CAN be vaccined they SHOULD be vaccined. It's an important component of herd immunity in the wider population.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:notsure:

Why would you’re age of consent child need your approval to be jabbed up? Why would your 9 year old being in a front line position screening people into hospital?

Totally false comparison tbh.

In answer to your question. Yes they have been approved by the appropriate regulatory body and have a long track record. As opposed to newly created vaccine which as to date has one study on use in under 18 (12-15) which has yet to be peer reviewed, as far as I’m aware,  never mind received regulatory approval.

You would give you 9 year old son a non approved vaccine for a disease for a death rate of zero, not absolute zero? What the number for child social services in Aus 😂

And there’s no liability regarding side effects from the vaccine either . 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Another example of how good the UK roll-out is.  Even with reduced supplies looming and the necessity to to prioritise 2nd doses,  there was still nearly a quarter million 1st doses.  It's quite phenomenal.

I'm at sea with a load of French at the moment and they're amazed at how well we are doing, but not surprised at how badly their government are doing. There are a lot of gloomy faces onboard knowing that they will be heading home in a few weeks into yet another lockdown.

It also looks like the Scot Gov have moved the goalposts for seafarers once again, and I'll be looking at getting huckled into a 10 day liedown at the airport, whilst my English colleagues will be heading straight home to their families.

Malinga the Swinga

The anti vaxers out in force tonight then. Just don't get it. If vaccine approved for use, then take it. 

****s sake, I was again st lockdown and the way we were treated, but the vaccination programme is the one way out of this whole scenario. 

Again, if vaccine approved for kids, then get your kids to take it. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Whoosh indeed😂

Only reading your words, my crystal balls ain’t what they used to be🤷🏻‍♂️

Godfather OG and painkillers again?

manaliveits105
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The EU are having an absolute mare with this. That von der Leyen bird needs sacked

Wouldn’t say no :ruiner:

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I thought your wanting paid for yourself silly? 

When you due back, can imagine your missing the kids ohh and maybe the wife.

Hopefully back in the UK around the 20th of April.

At the outset I was quite happy to do the 10 days as it would pay for a couple of family holidays or several of those Mulberry handbags that your wife likes, but looking at it from where I am now I'd rather pie the extra cash for a cuddle with my wee boys. The Mrs doesn't give a shit about money as long as we have food and shelter, and she could do with a break from the madness too.

Money comes and goes, LBJ, but some things you can't put a price on.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Lord BJ said:

The wife gave me a glass of vodka as I got cookie dawg out tonight. She probably micky’d it.

She's a keeper alright. :wub:

Glad you're on the mend, sort of at least. 👍

heartsfc_fan
34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm at sea with a load of French at the moment and they're amazed at how well we are doing, but not surprised at how badly their government are doing. There are a lot of gloomy faces onboard knowing that they will be heading home in a few weeks into yet another lockdown.

It also looks like the Scot Gov have moved the goalposts for seafarers once again, and I'll be looking at getting huckled into a 10 day liedown at the airport, whilst my English colleagues will be heading straight home to their families.

Keep safe Tarkin, you're doing a good job out there 👍👍

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

They may be believing the lies from the EU.  I mean all the major governing bodies have it certified as safe.

What lies from the EU?  The EU's regulatory body said today - yet again - that the AstraZeneca vaccine rollout should not be paused or restricted.

The problem is the behaviour of member states (in this case Germany) who are faced with their own internal political problems and in some cases with strong anti-vaxxer sentiment.  The EU itself has been consistent about the vaccine, but it can't force the member states to accept its advice.

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Whoosh indeed😂

Only reading your words, my crystal balls ain’t what they used to be🤷🏻‍♂️

You really shouldn’t be surprised, never mind stunned, some people have reservations about giving their children a vaccine until it receives approval. Its also very surprising you can’t understand people may have reservations giving their child something preventing something that doesn’t impact them. Thought that would have been obvious. Apparently not😂

Seriously, I don’t disagree with your last paragraph. I’m not convinced that the plan is for herd immunity in UK. We’re talking about booster programmes and annual vaccinations already more akin to the flu than say a small pox plan. Might be wrong and we go for that approach I genuinely don’t know. Though interestingly I did read some Amish community in the US had achieved herd immunity, not sure of the scalability of it in fairness, allegedly first example of it with COVID. Albeit being a few false dawns in SA and Brazil on that front.

Don't think that is entirely accurate i.e. see link below

Have to say, one of my gripes on this thread is covid being consistently framed as a binary impact of survival v death. There are going to be a huge amount of people suffering long term illness and debilitation after this pandemic and kids are not excluded from that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55938399

Stewie Griffin

Just been given an appointment for my vaccination at the Midlothian community hospital and just wondering if anyone on here has got theirs there and what vaccine they were given. I’m happy with whatever one they are using just curious. 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair point.

Though you can always find an exception but the data/stats back up that kids are not impacted or at least minimal, Especially under 12s, hence why they have been subject to different rules. Even taking  the stats (which has no substation) there it would by 0.01 % of kids getting long Covid and stastically zero for deaths 

There will always by that unlucky ones due to unknowns ie. underlying condition etc etc and the fact we are dealing with millions and millions of people. Unfortunately, we can’t protect everyone even if we jab everyone up, 🤷🏻‍♂️

I appreciate that’s little concern of those who suffer of it. However, people being triggered because people have reservations about giving a non approved vaccine to child. 😂Some posters spend there time being triggered and ragin anyone who doesn’t share their fixed opinion. 

We don’t understand enough of long COVID to understand the role vaccine may play in preventing it. 

It would seem sensible to test and understand implications of under 18’s before people start demanding children are jabbed up. It needs to work, is safe and has some benefits, we don’t know that yet. . This is especially important when we have countries suspending the use of our main vaccine due to health concerns.  

A case, rationale, data and approval is required before we can vaccinate especially for a group, the vast vast majority our unaffected. To date that hasn’t been made. The difference in risks people which face comes  into this.

Children may be impacted by this but unless something, dramatically changes, the impact from death, serious illness or long Covid is pretty minuscule.. 

The impact on children is from the many harms of future lockdowns.  Personal,  family related,  societal,  economic,  educational.  Lockdowns need to be locked out.  Immunising children will contribute massively to preventing lockdowns.

But once again the government has a bloody difficult task ahead.  To achieve a public buy-in to the principle that a collective effort is needed for the benefit of everyone,  not least children.  The insular psychology of people is misplaced and detrimental.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The impact on children is from the many harms of future lockdowns.  Personal,  family related,  societal,  economic,  educational.  Lockdowns need to be locked out.  Immunising children will contribute massively to preventing lockdowns.

But once again the government has a bloody difficult task ahead.  To achieve a public buy-in to the principle that a collective effort is needed for the benefit of everyone,  not least children.  The insular psychology of people is misplaced and detrimental.

I think I’d need to see a lot more proof and data before I would allow my children to be vaccinated. 

Does the virus mutate amongst children ? I genuinely don’t know but they seem to be entirely unaffected by the virus. 

How will the vaccine impact on their future well being, fertility for example ? 

Getting this rushed out for adults I completely understand. I am follow on board and have taken the vaccine without a seconds thought. 

The fear of future lockdowns seems to be held over us currently without much to back it up. 

57 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Just been given an appointment for my vaccination at the Midlothian community hospital and just wondering if anyone on here has got theirs there and what vaccine they were given. I’m happy with whatever one they are using just curious. 

I got the Astra Zeneca one there two weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Your assuming it will make a massive difference. You do not have a clue tbh. 

COVID look like a rolling vaccine programme, with annual vaccines. This looks likes it’s going to be much more akin to flu than a small pox vaccine strategy. Which ****s herd immunity straight out window, unfortunately. 

Your last sentence 😂😂😂😂 I like when people say things that make no sense to sound intellectual. It fair cheers me up 😂👍

I agree a case needs to be made and it hasn’t been made. Though you making a case for is about as useful as @jamesM48 making a case for not to take it.

No disrespect intended to either but your level of knowledge, is about equal on the subject. 

I’ll wait to those who qualified starting forming opinion based on data and information as opposed to their innate biases..👍

Jeez :rofl: 

Dwell up your own passage much?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair point.

Though you can always find an exception but the data/stats back up that kids are not impacted or at least minimal, Especially under 12s, hence why they have been subject to different rules. Even taking  the stats (which has no substation) there it would by 0.01 % of kids getting long Covid and stastically zero for deaths 

There will always by that unlucky ones due to unknowns ie. underlying condition etc etc and the fact we are dealing with millions and millions of people. Unfortunately, we can’t protect everyone even if we jab everyone up, 🤷🏻‍♂️

I appreciate that’s little concern of those who suffer of it. However, people being triggered because people have reservations about giving a non approved vaccine to child. 😂Some posters spend there time being triggered and ragin anyone who doesn’t share their fixed opinion. 

We don’t understand enough of long COVID to understand the role vaccine may play in preventing it. 

It would seem sensible to test and understand implications of under 18’s before people start demanding children are jabbed up. It needs to work, is safe and has some benefits, we don’t know that yet. . This is especially important when we have countries suspending the use of our main vaccine due to health concerns.  

A case, rationale, data and approval is required before we can vaccinate especially for a group, the vast vast majority our unaffected. To date that hasn’t been made. The difference in risks people which face comes  into this.

Children may be impacted by this but unless something, dramatically changes, the impact from death, serious illness or long Covid is pretty minuscule.. 

Children have a miniscule risk of dying from covid or having any serious illness . There are various stats out there supporting this . It’s a fact . Not baloney . No one knows how the vaccine will roll out will now pan out once those who have been affected most by covid , the elderly and clinically vulnerable have all been vaccinated . After all we were told that once they all were then that would be it . End of lockdowns . Changing goal posts . The vaccinating children is gathering momentum from those nutty goal post movers . Apparently to achieve “ herd immunity “ I believe . I just thank god they don’t have a say in this and it’s up to parents to decide if they do or don’t get their children jabbed . Most parents I know are not going to . 

51 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Your assuming it will make a massive difference. You do not have a clue tbh. 

COVID look like a rolling vaccine programme, with annual vaccines. This looks likes it’s going to be much more akin to flu than a small pox vaccine strategy. Which ****s herd immunity straight out window, unfortunately. 

Your last sentence 😂😂😂😂 I like when people say things that make no sense to sound intellectual. It fair cheers me up 😂👍

I agree a case needs to be made and it hasn’t been made. Though you making a case for is about as useful as @jamesM48 making a case for not to take it.

No disrespect intended to either but your level of knowledge, is about equal on the subject. 

I’ll wait to those who qualified starting forming opinion based on data and information as opposed to their innate biases..👍

Me stupid ???! 

F6FDA9B5-6436-49FB-AB79-27E1B404BED6.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I just compared you and @victorians level of knowledge on vaccinating under 18’s. 

If anything it was observation on the adherence to belief without evidence, as opposed to a comment on intelligence. 

Plus I’m in one of those moods ::troll::

Oh right I better stay clear then over and out 😜

Do they still think domestic pets can catch Covid?

We probably shouldn't open up again until we've found a vaccine for them too.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Think we need a daily update on pet case numbers just to keep project fear ticking over. Got to have something to threaten lockdown.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

and mice too , birds , insects , never ending 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Think we need a daily update on pet case numbers just to keep project fear ticking over. Got to have something to threaten lockdown.

😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You know it wouldn’t surprise me if that line of fear mongering re surfaced again 

18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

and mice too , birds , insects , never ending 

I'm being serious guys. It's seems rare but they do appear to be able to carry and spread it. Think of the potential mutations. 

We should be trying to find a vaccine for them too; either that or treat their owners like lepers when we see them and keep our distance.

Edit: I've just remembered the friendly cat that is usually at my village pub. If there's vaccine passports for entry then as nice as it is when he's there sadly they better not let him in.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm being serious guys. It's seems rare but they do appear to be able to carry and spread it. Think of the potential mutations. 

We should be trying to find a vaccine for them too; either that or treat their owners like lepers when we see them and keep our distance.

What day is it again ? 😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What day is it again ? 😂

I'm glad some are taking it more seriously than you:

Animals-Face-Mask-ASIAWIRE-3.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Taffin said:

😂😂😂 come on I was a notorious shit bag last year , the bleacher of the messages so I took it seriously ?! Even when to Harrison park in mask and gloves 🧤  just for a walk with a friend ! 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

😂😂😂 come on I was a notorious shit bag last year , the bleacher of the messages so I took it seriously ?! Even when to Harrison park in mask and gloves 🧤  just for a walk with a friend ! 

Don't let your hard work go to waste now then. No matter how incredibly miniscule the risk is to themselves or those around them...pets need to be vaccinated if they want to get back to their old lives of being petted in the park or travelling with their owners on buses.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We really should kill all cats.

I love cats but sadly, unless their owners make them get vaccinated I fear you may be right. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I've sent that photo to my sister in law. 

She'll not be pleased.

:laugh2:

Thanks. 

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I hate cats, the musical in particular.

At the very least, they need to be kept on a leash, to stop them roaming about unchecked. Personally think cat owners are no better than murders with their careless actions in matters of COVID. 

I am pleased to report as a musical lover quell surprise ! I have never seen Cats and never intend to . I may watch the film whilst under the influence of mind altering drugs as apparently it’s a trip and a half ! 

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And there’s no liability regarding side effects from the vaccine either . 

Yes there is.

The Government pass liability from drug companies to themselves whenever a drug is granted emergency use.

I was reading about it last year and it's not a new thing as it's happened before from time to time, just that it's usually not in the full public glare, unlike covid-19 vaccines are. 

And it's not just the UK as the law is an EU law which the UK has adopted, so I'd think Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc etc will all be doing exactly the same as the UK has done in terms of liability.

https://fullfact.org/health/unlicensed-vaccine-manufacturers-are-immune-some-not-all-civil-liability/

Everybody who receives a covid-19 vaccine in the UK is covered under the 'Vaccine Damage Payments Scheme' (VDPS), if in the very unlikely event that they suffer serious illness from the vaccine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-add-covid-19-to-vaccine-damage-payments-scheme

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am pleased to report as a musical lover quell surprise ! I have never seen Cats and never intend to . I may watch the film whilst under the influence of mind altering drugs as apparently it’s a trip and a half ! 

Watching Cats, the musical, is a murderous waste of around 2 hours of your life. Go and watch some leaves blow around in wind, it will be more entertaining and memorable. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic