Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Couldn't believe my ears watching the ITV news Robert Peston apparently quoting Whitty who is still advising grandparents who have had both jabs NOT to hug their grand children..." still a risk"...I honestly just give up. 

To be fair to Whitty he was asked the question at the WM briefing. He didn't give a direct answer, he just said that people under 50 won't be vaccinated so could have a greater chance of transmitting the virus.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just ignored what they're doing in the other nations and concentrated on what's happening in Scotland to be honest. I live here so the rules they apply in the other nations don't affect me. It makes life simpler.

Same here. Im just concentrating on Scotland but also following whats happening down south. I havent a clue whats happening in Europe as such 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's absolute nonsense,  James. Hopefully,  the majority will ignore him. Life without "risks" is not a life.

I know Enzo but I just really annoyed me , I was in a positive optimistic mood till i heard this nonsense. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be fair to Whitty he was asked the question at the WM briefing. He didn't give a direct answer, he just said that people under 50 won't be vaccinated so could have a greater chance of transmitting the virus.

I think when he means " grandparents" i would think he means people over 50 surely ? Unless its a scheme in Glasgow :) 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think when he means " grandparents" i would think he means people over 50 surely ? Unless its a scheme in Glasgow :) 

I think he means the grandkids who the grandparents will be hugging and are likely to be under 50.

Now I'm getting confused :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Jambo-Jimbo
35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just ignored what they're doing in the other nations and concentrated on what's happening in Scotland to be honest. I live here so the rules they apply in the other nations don't affect me. It makes life simpler.

Same here, makes things much simpler.

manaliveits105

Novavax to produce 60 million vaccines in the UK and will be finished off and bottled at GSKs Barnard Castle site :whistling:

manaliveits105

Just following his leaders example Nicoliar already broke the rules months ago 

neither are fit to govern 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

John Swinney having to apologise for breaching COVID rules during campaigning. 

So remember everyone (easy mistake to make), you can only meet outside with ONE other household.

Unless you’re playing in a four ball with members who live within 5 miles of the club, then it can be four households :ninja:

Not sure why there is a loop hole like that but if Swinney had just carried a set of golf clubs…

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Unless you’re playing in a four ball with members who live within 5 miles of the club, then it can be four households :ninja:

Not sure why there is a loop hole like that but if Swinney had just carried a set of golf clubs…

I think it's similar to opening the windows, the additional air disruption of swinging a golf club helps blow Covid away...🤨

The idea that Covid can just be blown away has me thinking of investing in one of these for when I get to the pub:

fan-head-big.jpg

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Something been puzzling me slightly the last few days. There have been numerous outbreaks in schools in West Lothian and some having to be closed. 

Why do other LA’s not seem to be having the same issue with schools?

My kids go to probably one of the largest schools in the city, which has nursery, junior and senior pupils all on the same campus. I’m struggling to think of even a couple of issues that impacted a tiny minority. 

Is it something to do with the increased community testing in West Lothian compared to Edinburgh? Is it just the school outbreaks have passed me by elsewhere. Just been lucky🤷🏻‍♂️

At the risk of sounding like Mr Trump the more testing the more you wull

find surely ? 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Something been puzzling me slightly the last few days. There have been numerous outbreaks in schools in West Lothian and some having to be closed. 

Why do other LA’s not seem to be having the same issue with schools?

My kids go to probably one of the largest schools in the city, which has nursery, junior and senior pupils all on the same campus. I’m struggling to think of even a couple of issues that impacted a tiny minority. 

Is it something to do with the increased community testing in West Lothian compared to Edinburgh? Is it just the school outbreaks have passed me by elsewhere. Just been lucky🤷🏻‍♂️

Well there was a serious outbreak of hunnery in WL a couple of weeks ago.  Could that be linked?

Jambo-Jimbo
7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Novavax to produce 60 million vaccines in the UK and will be finished off and bottled at GSKs Barnard Castle site :whistling:

Excellent.

I think we'll find more and more countries making vaccines/medicines themselves to avoid the threat of export controls/blockades.

Horatio Caine
7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Still to be approved but at least this one should improve eyesight all round.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish confirming we move to stay local on Friday which will be in place for circa 3 weeks. Whilst from Monday some limited service opening back up such as garden centres, contact sports to restart as well outside ohh and the hairdressers can open. 

Small changes but it’s progress. Whilst, they seem to think we’re on plan for next stage of unlocking. 

Contact sports for all or youngsters ? 

JudyJudyJudy

Well that briefing was very underwhelming . Covid bingo words , top one mentioned again “ cautious “ nice to see she acknowledged that 99% of all deaths are in the over 50s and those with underlying health conditions .  Dearie me some arsehole “ journalist “ asking about the risks to “ young people “ with opening up !! Dearie me 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish confirming we move to stay local on Friday which will be in place for circa 3 weeks. Whilst from Monday some limited service opening back up such as garden centres, contact sports to restart as well outside ohh and the hairdressers can open. 

Small changes but it’s progress. Whilst, they seem to think we’re on plan for next stage of unlocking. 

aye but she keeps battin on about not opening quicker as we can't risk the virus heading into a third wave like europe, there is no travel outside of the UK at the moment or at least minimal and she just confirmed that 99% of people in the priority groups account for all deaths from covid and the vast majority of those groups have now been vaccinated. i just think that some folk will get pissed off watching other parts of the UK opening quicker and guess what if there are spikes in positive cases down south she will use that to knock us back what's the betting

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

aye but she keeps battin on about not opening quicker as we can't risk the virus heading into a third wave like europe, there is no travel outside of the UK at the moment or at least minimal and she just confirmed that 99% of people in the priority groups account for all deaths from covid and the vast majority of those groups have now been vaccinated. i just think that some folk will get pissed off watching other parts of the UK opening quicker and guess what if there are spikes in positive cases down south she will use that to knock us back what's the betting

Your so right shot herself in the foot with the 99% stat which surely would argue why would younger people take the vaccine . The most at risk have as least had their first jab . Unfortunately you are right . She will wait and see what happens down south and she will basically be able to do Anyhing once her party gets back into power in May . 

Jambof3tornado

The travel restriction is pish. Look at hospital admissions now not cases. The vaccine is having an effect in reducing serious cases in those most vulnerable. Let us go see bloody family members in other areas ffs.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The travel restriction is pish. Look at hospital admissions now not cases. The vaccine is having an effect in reducing serious cases in those most vulnerable. Let us go see bloody family members in other areas ffs.

I doubt the polis are checking every car on the motorway or train crews checking where passengers are heading to it out with their areas . Polis too busy Breaking up groups of students who are chilling in open spaces with their mates ! Priorities 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We’re not opening up until the over 50”s are jabbed up. So that why it’s the end of April. 

I don’t know because I haven’t compared but I doubt we will be all that much behind the rest of U.K. in terms of planned opening up, We’re following the same advice and whilst SG will be more ‘cautious’. It will be roughly the same time not least for reasons you highlight. 

I genuinely believe we are in the home straight here. Once the over 50’s jabbed the damage that can be done is much less and we will be rattling through at the same time. Despite talks of a needing a reverse gear I don’t imagine will be needed. 

Whilst the SG will be more cautious it’s really not in their interests to be too far behind in opening up for so many reasons.

We are and we're in front.  But some people are determined that we lowp off the track into the in-field and get a javelin straight through the back of the head.

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We’re not opening up until the over 50”s are jabbed up. So that why it’s the end of April. 

I don’t know because I haven’t compared but I doubt we will be all that much behind the rest of U.K. in terms of planned opening up, We’re following the same advice and whilst SG will be more ‘cautious’. It will be roughly the same time not least for reasons you highlight. 

I genuinely believe we are in the home straight here. Once the over 50’s jabbed the damage that can be done is much less and we will be rattling through at the same time. Despite talks of a needing a reverse gear I don’t imagine will be needed. 

Whilst the SG will be more cautious it’s really not in their interests to be too far behind in opening up for so many reasons.

I would have thought all over 50's with underlying health conditions would have been done by now. I know guys in there 40's who got it ages ago due to underlying health conditions.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Nope not due to be done till mid April. 

My old boy is late 60’s, beat cancer twice, had multiple heart attacks, is technically obese still waiting on being done. 

That's crazy.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My old boy is late 60’s, beat cancer twice, had multiple heart attacks, is technically obese still waiting on being done. 

Unreal 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

However he seems to be made of stern stuff probably kick the arse out of covid ! But obviously don’t want to take that chance obviously 

Something seriously not right there. I know a few in low 50’s with no health issues who have been done or have an appointment to get it. Appalling considering of no shows and surplus end of day vaccines they have. 

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That's what I can't understand from our snp haters on here. They keep saying she is fronting the conferences to help her election prospects but also say she is pissing off voters by being too cautious. They will never ever accept that she is only doing what she and her advisors think is right for the country

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

That's what I can't understand from our snp haters on here. They keep saying she is fronting the conferences to help her election prospects but also say she is pissing off voters by being too cautious. They will never ever accept that she is only doing what she and her advisors think is right for the country

I’m sure there is a snp thread to bore the life out of people. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It all depends What one considers is “ right for the country “ ! It’s very subjective . 

JudyJudyJudy

Get the cafes and gyms open . I can wait for pubs and  restaurants . I always laugh when David Wallace Lockhart is on ! Like he’s so much more intelligent due to having a double barrelled handle . It’s rather pretentious . 😂

Byyy The Light
22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That's shocking, I know a few guys late 30s that have been done. He needs to phone in surely?

Fxxx the SPFL
32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

agree with that LBJ

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Get the cafes and gyms open . I can wait for pubs and  restaurants . I always laugh when David Wallace Lockhart is on ! Like he’s so much more intelligent due to having a double barrelled handle . It’s rather pretentious . 😂

yep a bit like James M 48

JudyJudyJudy

I think I have talked about on this thread. He got invited to RHS the first day it opened for his jab. They could not administer it as he uses a epi pen. He was told he would be done in the hospital setting within next 7 days. 

Still waiting and contacted all and sundry to try and get resolved but no closer to be fixed. He’s just fallen between the cracks and that’s not the focus of the roll out scheme right now. He will get picked up at some point I guess. 

My old boy still works and has stupid contact with people. So it is a little bit concerning but if anyone was going to ktfo out of COVID he would.  He has taken the risk of COVID pretty seriously and has lost a massive amount of weight and exercises, eats well etc. So he has done everything in his power but he’s desperate for the jab and his frustrations are evident. 

They didn’t vaccinated him cause he uses an epi pen ? I don’t understand that ? Many diabetics or those with Arthritis use them and they are viewed as priority groups 

6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep a bit like James M 48

Lol 😂oh well it  made me laugh ! However mine dont have any gaps. In it 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We have tried the help line, gp, practice manager and a variety other avenues. My old boy, my mum, my sister and my wife have all tried various routes. Whilst firms galore have been completed. 

There just seems to be a complete breakdown when you fall out the system, unfortunately. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m having a similar experience too Lord BJ . Still no further forward , I have filled in an online form for a second time yesterday so I’ll see what happens now . 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We have tried the help line, gp, practice manager and a variety other avenues. My old boy, my mum, my sister and my wife have all tried various routes. Whilst firms galore have been completed. 

There just seems to be a complete breakdown when you fall out the system, unfortunately. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fingers crossed he manages to get it sorted. He could just turn up at one of the centres and politely refuse to leave until they jag him?

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yip. I think there was some concern around the time about people who are susceptible to allergic reaction. So for safety they needed to do at hospital setting. 

He wishes he had lied now.  

Oh right didn’t know that ! Now that’s me more anxious 😂😂 about getting it ! Few weeks ago I was on about blood clots now this ! Im

not a hypochondriac. Honest ‘ 😂

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yip. I think there was some concern around the time about people who are susceptible to allergic reaction. So for safety they needed to do at hospital setting. 

He wishes he had lied now.  

Double posting 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy

The briefing was a bit surreal and Almost black mirror territory when Ms Sturgeon dropped Lennie Henry’s name !! 😂 on a serious note it was about him and others in the BAME community urging them to come forward to get the vaccine as apparently some / many don’t trust non BAME with any messages about the vaccine ? Interesting ? Made me actually think I have never seen a BAME person up on the podium at and briefings and I’ve watched a few 

Dagger Is Back
52 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You should go to your MP - apologies if you've already done that.

Wife and I got our jabs 10 days ago - 56 and 59 with no health conditions etc

Your old man should have been done before people like us

Scottish numbers: 30 March 2021

Summary

• 411 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+59; down from 495 a week ago]
  • 17,468 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.8% of these were positive [+5,012; -0.4%]
  • 12 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+12]
  • 23 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 250 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-9]
  • 2,436,398 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 338,443 have received their second dose [+26,572; +12,180]

Over the Easter weekend (2-5 April), daily updates will be published to provide headline statistics on new cases, test positivity rate, deaths and vaccinations. There will be no updates to the remaining statistics. These will be updated on Tuesday 6 April – we will provide the latest detailed daily data for that day and the previous 4 days.

Redjambo note: The above indicates that we are going to experience another hole in the local authority cases 7-day figures as we did over the festive and New Year's periods. Just when we've got the Lothians figures back too. Life as a data monkey is never easy. Ook.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

• 17,468 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.8% of these were positive [+5,012; -0.4%]
  • 23 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 2,436,398 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 338,443 have received their second dose [+26,572; +12,180]

Over the Easter weekend (2-5 April), daily updates will be published to provide headline statistics on new cases, test positivity rate, deaths and vaccinations. There will be no updates to the remaining statistics. These will be updated on Tuesday 6 April – we will provide the latest detailed daily data for that day and the previous 4 days.

Redjambo note: The above indicates that we are going to experience another hole in the local authority cases 7-day figures as we did over the festive and New Year's periods. Just when we've got the Lothians figures back too. Life as a data monkey is never easy. Ook.

You could always take a holiday yourself Redjambo

(I'm only saying that, to be honest, because I doubt you will and hope you wont!)

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

👍

Edited by milky_26

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

There are also some notes about today's case numbers by Health Board.

Today's Lothian figure is inflated by 31 historical cases from 29 January to 22 Marchy.  Greater Glasgow and Lanarkshire have also swapped a couple of cases. Western Isles hasn't submitted figures for a couple of days.

The latest 7-day stats. Some nice falls in cases.

Note that correct 7-day case stats for the 4 Lothian council areas will not be available until 2 April due to a published data issue on 25 March.    

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     28 Mar 27 Mar 26 Mar 25 Mar 24 Mar ... 1 Mar
Scotland     67 69 -2   69 71 70 72 70 ... 78
Clackmannanshire 4 3 175 138 +37   111 97 74 76 74 ... 126
North Lanarkshire 4 3 134 141 -7   136 141 134 134 122 ... 122
Renfrewshire 4 3 102 100 +2   98 92 88 90 86 ... 121
Falkirk 4 2 96 93 +3   90 91 93 95 98 ... 162
Glasgow City 4 3 91 94 -3   100 105 105 105 105 ... 113
Dundee City 4 3 80 77 +3   78 94 99 104 106 ... 70
North Ayrshire 4 3 78 79 -1   80 82 85 88 83 ... 74
East Renfrewshire 4 3 76 81 -5   88 89 95 97 86 ... 75
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 75 79 -4   73 72 64 56 52 ... 77
Moray 4 1 75 87 -12   83 85 72 65 56 ... 38
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 73 87 -14   83 93 82 78 90 ... 128
Siorrachd Lannraig a Deas 4 3 71 71 0   72 74 74 81 80 ... 96
East Ayrshire 4 3 54 57 -3   50 40 34 39 50 ... 88
Stirling 4 3 53 54 -1   58 54 51 50 51 ... 155
Perth & Kinross 4 3 51 48 +3   49 52 61 68 71 ... 60
Fife 4 3 48 50 -2   50 51 54 58 63 ... 58
Aberdeen City 4 3 46 46 0   44 46 45 43 35 ... 29
Angus 4 2 40 40 0   40 36 31 28 22 ... 46
Aberdeenshire 4 3 29 31 -2   33 34 35 36 36 ... 18
South Ayrshire 4 3 26 28 -2   34 37 44 52 52 ... 49
Inverclyde 4 2 21 31 -10   31 36 37 33 31 ... 55
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 13 19 -6   19 23 21 21 19 ... 32
Highland 4/3 1 11 11 0   12 14 16 20 20 ... 30
Scottish Borders 4 1 11 11 0   9 8 5 3 3 ... 15
Shetland Islands 3 1 9 31 -22   31 26 39 39 44 ... 0
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 6 2 +4   2 1 2 5 6 ... 17
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 0 0 0   11 11 11 11 11 ... 34
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 4 4 4 4 ... 0

As a guide to how they’re doing, the latest (27 March) 7-day per-100,000 case rates for the Lothians based on sample date are shown below in the first data column.

West Lothian 4 3 155 N/A N/A   N/A N/A N/A N/A 199 ... 128
Midlothian 4 3 60 N/A N/A   N/A N/A N/A N/A 68 ... 106
Edinburgh City 4 3 56 N/A N/A   N/A N/A N/A N/A 58 ... 67
East Lothian 4 3 47 N/A N/A   N/A N/A N/A N/A 44 ... 95

7-day averages                          
Tests     22228 21906 +322   21664 22147 21351 21379 20570 ... 18830
Positivity rate %     2.6 2.7 -0.1   2.8 2.8 2.8 2.9 3.0 ... 3.8
Hospital (non-ICU)     257 270 -13   281 292 303 316 329 ... 852
ICU     26 27 -1   28 30 30 32 32 ... 83
Deaths     5 5 0   5 5 5 5 5 ... 26
All Vaccinations     46357 46941 -584   47558 51567 47822 47692 47881   29659
1st Dose     31675 32489 -814   34396 39040 36625 37530 38256   23727
2nd Dose     14682 14452 +230   13162 12527 11197 10162 9625   5932

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic