• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Germany suspending the use of AZ vaccine again, due to the number of people getting rare type of blood clot after having the jab. 

56 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Germany suspending the use of AZ vaccine again, due to the number of people getting rare type of blood clot after having the jab. 

For a rate of something like 1.3 per 100,000.  Even if the vaccine was the cause it's absolute insanity not to use it.  

The supposed fatality rate of the suspected blood clot effects of their vaccine use is about 4 per 1,000,000.  They'll get a larger life saving rate from being able to stop lockdowns,  let alone protection from the virus.

Edited by Victorian

manaliveits105

Germany and France going it alone to Russia for vaccines - so much for the EU !

just wait for the Russian side effects 

Malinga the Swinga

Wonder if Germany will ban women from taking birth control pill as that has side effect of possible blood clotting. 

The politicking at play here by Germany and others is ridiculous. 

highlandjambo3

So, I’m due my first jab soon.  Question here (it’s probable posted somewhere).

When I get my jabs I’ll be more immune to the virus yes but, can I still carry the virus (with me feeling no effects) and pass the virus on to others or, will my vaccination kill off any virus I catch?

Toxteth O'Grady
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The supposed fatality rate of the suspected blood clot effects of their vaccine use is about 4 per 1,000,000.  They'll get a larger life saving rate from being able to stop lockdowns,  let alone protection from the virus.

You’d probably get that amount of clots if you just stuck a pin in people

Horatio Caine
15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, I’m due my first jab soon.  Question here (it’s probable posted somewhere).

When I get my jabs I’ll be more immune to the virus yes but, can I still carry the virus (with me feeling no effects) and pass the virus on to others or, will my vaccination kill off any virus I catch?

Well, the vaccine takes 2-3 weeks to become effective.  At that point you should be 80%+ protected from serious illness/hospitalisation.  There's also evidence that your being vaccinated offers some level of protection to your household too.  Lots of work ongoing to gather more evidence as the roll out continues.

Edit:  just notices Lord BJ's reply above!  Sorry for duplication

Edited by Horatio Caine

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wonder if Germany will ban women from taking birth control pill as that has side effect of possible blood clotting. 

The politicking at play here by Germany and others is ridiculous. 

The key sentence for me in this BBC report about Germany's decision is this.

Almost all the cases are reportedly in younger and middle-aged women.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56580728

So the obvious question I have is, if it's mostly women who are developing these blood clots, then how many of them are also taking the pill, and if so are they taking the same brand of the pill?

Has anyone else on here had the AstraZeneca vaccine but with virtually no reaction to it at all? I was preparing myself for all sorts of flu-like symptoms etc., as many had reported, but nada after almost three days. Perversely, I almost wish that I had experienced some symptoms so that I could be confident that the vaccine was active and stimulating a response within my body. :)

Dennis Reynolds
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Has anyone else on here had the AstraZeneca vaccine but with virtually no reaction to it at all? I was preparing myself for all sorts of flu-like symptoms etc., as many had reported, but nada after almost three days. Perversely, I almost wish that I had experienced some symptoms so that I could be confident that the vaccine was active and stimulating a response within my body. :)

I only really had a bit of a headache and a sore arm but nothing major. I was speaking a nurse a few weeks ago that didn't want to have her second as she felt so Ill after her first 😐 Think it's just a bit of 'luck of the draw'. My dad has his and has been absolutely fine whilst my mum, who had the Pfizer was floored for a day. 

Maybe your just made of strong stuff... 😏

Edited by LMc
Spelling

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

I only really had a bit of a headache and a sore arm but nothing major. I was speaking a nurse a few weeks ago that didn't want to have her second as she felt so I'l after her first 😐 Think it's just a bit of 'luck of the draw'. My dad has his and has been absolutely fine whilst my mum, who had the Pfizer was floored for a day. 

Maybe your just made of strong stuff... 😏

The thing is, normally I'm not, LMc. If I catch anything it usually knocks me for six. Och well, I'll just have to count my blessings and assume that my body has been quietly and efficiently taking the new information on board. Regarding the nurse, I would have assumed that once your body has reacted to the "unknown invader" for your first jab, it should be fine for your second jab? However, I say that with no medical knowledge on the subject at all.

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

same for me only a slight headache for an hour quick paracetamol sorted that out roll on the second one.

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The thing is, normally I'm not, LMc. If I catch anything it usually knocks me for six. Och well, I'll just have to count my blessings and assume that my body has been quietly and efficiently taking the new information on board. Regarding the nurse, I would have assumed that once your body has reacted to the "unknown invader" for your first jab, it should be fine for your second jab? However, I say that with no medical knowledge on the subject at all.

Supposedly the second vaccine dose is worse: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-02-2nd-dose-covid-vaccine-worse.html#:~:text=The second dose of the,effects than the first dose.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Well it appears that my lack of medical knowledge on the subject shone through on that one, Gizmo. Something to look forward to! :)

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pzifer 100% effective in 12-15 year olds. 

I suspect children are going to be jabbed up, really not sure how I feel about if comes to fruition.

What sort of percentage of 12-15 year olds were getting it serious illness/death without the vaccine?

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Forfoxake :(

Wee glimmer of hope (after reading the article :lol:)  AZ not mentioned.. .

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Well it appears that my lack of medical knowledge on the subject shone through on that one, Gizmo. Something to look forward to! :)

I've no medical knowledge either, I've just read a voracious amount on this whole shitshow pandemic, most probably in an attempt to convince myself I've a degree of control over this horrible situation and so I could hopefully get enough understanding that would allow me to look at the various articles and opinions flying about, at least as far as a layman's understanding can take one.

Still to get the second Pfizer jab in due course. First jab only resulted in a sore arm for 1.5 days and a woozy headache in the evening. I hope that their isn't a noticeable drop in second jab take-up due to this.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What sort of percentage of 12-15 year olds were getting it serious illness/death without the vaccine?

34 “ children”  have died well those under 19 so it’s probably means the figures are massaged and most were over 16 i would guess . It’s worth noting that 28 of those “ Children “ had serious underlying health conditions . Also it’s worth noting that only 542 adults died who were under 40 . These figures are for England 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/covid-19-data-shows-how-19856393.amp

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So in answer to your question the percentage is Miniscule 

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pzifer 100% effective in 12-15 year olds. 

I suspect children are going to be jabbed up, really not sure how I feel about if comes to fruition.

Up to u as a parent to think very carefully about this . If I was a parent I wouldn’t . I know one of my Neices is not getting her children jabbed . They are 9 and 2 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I've no medical knowledge either, I've just read a voracious amount on this whole shitshow pandemic, most probably in an attempt to convince myself I've a degree of control over this horrible situation and so I could hopefully get enough understanding that would allow me to look at the various articles and opinions flying about, at least as far as a layman's understanding can take one.

Still to get the second Pfizer jab in due course. First jab only resulted in a sore arm for 1.5 days and a woozy headache in the evening. I hope that their isn't a noticeable drop in second jab take-up due to this.

Good on you. Well informed is well armed, as they say.

I would doubt that this will reduce uptake at all. I think that the folk who are fine with getting the first jab will be fine with getting the second one, particularly because it's a two-jab package. We've all had temperatures and flu symptoms etc. at one point or another anyway - only a small cost when compared to the benefits.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The key sentence for me in this BBC report about Germany's decision is this.

Almost all the cases are reportedly in younger and middle-aged women.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56580728

So the obvious question I have is, if it's mostly women who are developing these blood clots, then how many of them are also taking the pill, and if so are they taking the same brand of the pill?

Indeed. Or did they smoke and if so, how many a day and what brand?

As Malinga says, the politicising of the vaccine by some of the EU countries is ridiculous. And it’ll cost lives. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

@JamesM48and @redjambo meeting down the back of the Wheatfield is now taking on a very different meaning. 

Gone from pavement dancing to horizontal dancing in the space of a couple of weeks. 

:oohmatron:

Sorry Cupid or Cilla but I’m actually taken ! No “romance “ on the cards 😂😂😂 just friendly banter . Besides I’m not that common to have Alfresco liaisons . In particular in this cauld weather 😂

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry Cupid or Cilla but I’m actually taken ! No “romance “ on the cards 😂😂😂 just friendly banter . Besides I’m not that common to have Alfresco liaisons . In particular in this cauld weather 😂

sad-man-sitting-couch-home-side-view-han

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I had the AZ vaccine a couple of weeks ago and the only side effect I had was a sore upper arm for about 4 days, nothing else. Like you I thought , ‘I hope this is going to work!’

*If* you're aiming for herd immunity through vaccination, then you need to ensure that you vaccinate above a certain percentage of the population (60-70% has been mentioned for Covid), and that includes those who wouldn't be seriously affected if they caught the infection in question.

Mark_Mywords

I also had no reaction to the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I was expecting something, but no, nothing.  I didn't even feel the needle going into my arm!  I'm sure the 2nd jab will get me though. :) 

3 minutes ago, buzz said:

I had the AZ vaccine a couple of weeks ago and the only side effect I had was a sore upper arm for about 4 days, nothing else. Like you I thought , ‘I hope this is going to work!’

I guess we'll just have to wait for our second jabs and celebrate when we get symptoms then. :)

Dennis Reynolds
59 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My mum was completely fine after her second so it's probably a fair assumption.

The nurse was telling me this as she was in the queue for her second 😂 She was just fearing the worst but powering through!

3 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

I also had no reaction to the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I was expecting something, but no, nothing.  I didn't even feel the needle going into my arm!  I'm sure the 2nd jab will get me though. :) 

Just had my second jag of the Chinese vaccine here in Turkey. Never even got a sore arm, no adverse reaction at all

they gave you the placebo rather than the one with the tracking chip

Just now, XB52 said:

Just had my second jag of the Chinese vaccine here in Turkey. Never even got a sore arm, no adverse reaction at all

and how do you feel about the communist party in china?

1 minute ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Perhaps the whole point of the vaccination process was to distinguish the real humans from the cyborgs. ;) In that case, I've been found out and I'm going to apply for a long overdue upgrade to my programming.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they gave you the placebo rather than the one with the tracking chip

:D The thought did cross my mind. Turned down by the global tracking network as not even worth tracking - the ultimate in rejections.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

and how do you feel about the communist party in china?

???? Not got an opinion, not sure what the point of your question is

Pasquale for King

Yip, no side effects. Had my first ever flu jab in December nothing then either. My three sisters had AZ too, one was like me but the others felt a bit unwell for two days. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

???? Not got an opinion, not sure what the point of your question is

Sorry, just got the joke. I should have said all hail the CCP 

JudyJudyJudy

Another claim to " fame" for me it seems.  My local MSP asked if i could do a quote for him for the election campaign as he had helped me with my hospital carry on tail end of last year. Prid quo pro and all. Hes a decent guy, Daniel Johnson. My last claim to fame was when a tweet i composed was broadcast live on " Celebrity big brother" one time. It was about Katie Price and she was gobsmacked. It even manged to elicit a response of " thats harsh" from mega mouth Katie Hopkins. :) 

image-31-03-21-01-37.jpeg

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

*If* you're aiming for herd immunity through vaccination, then you need to ensure that you vaccinate above a certain percentage of the population (60-70% has been mentioned for Covid), and that includes those who wouldn't be seriously affected if they caught the infection in question.

Without meaning to compare flu and Covid again...I'm about to but not to diminish Covid.

Why can't they achieve herd immunity against flu via vaccination and instead only vaccinate certain people? Is it just due to it's increased rate of mutation?

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Another claim to " fame" for me it seems.  My local MSP asked if i could do a quote for him for the election campaign as he had helped me with my hospital carry on tail end of last year. Prid quo pro and all. Hes a decent guy, Daniel Johnson. My last claim to fame was when a tweet i composed was broadcast live on " Celebrity big brother" one time. It was about Katie Price and she was gobsmacked. It even manged to elicit a response of " thats harsh" from mega mouth Katie Hopkins. :) 

image-31-03-21-01-37.jpeg

You're a celebrity now!!

The formatting they've used though really rustles my jimmies 😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

You're a celebrity now!!

The formatting they've used though really rustles my jimmies 😂

Yeah im not very happy with the gap at the end of the paragraph.  ! I didnt have any creative input although it took ages for me to come up with that quote. I re wrote it a few times until i was happy . Daniel was fine with it. 

48 minutes ago, Zico said:

Indeed. Or did they smoke and if so, how many a day and what brand?

As Malinga says, the politicising of the vaccine by some of the EU countries is ridiculous. And it’ll cost lives. 

It's strange that Germany is giving up the benefits of all the things it did well such as better contact tracing.

As well as lives lost in their own country the knock on effect is felt throughout the world. 

Scottish numbers: 31 March 2021

Summary

• 542 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+131; down from 692 a week ago]
  • 28,144 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.1% of these were positive [+10,676; -0.7%]
  • 6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-6]
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 237 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-13]
  • 2,463,069 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 354,756 have received their second dose [+26,671; +16,313]

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You done any forward projections as a matter of interest? 

Nope. I just take the historical/current data that is produced and repackage it, sorry.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 31 March 2021

Summary

• 542 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+131; down from 692 a week ago]
  • 28,144 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.1% of these were positive [+10,676; -0.7%]
  • 6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-6]
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 237 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-13]
  • 2,463,069 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 354,756 have received their second dose [+26,671; +16,313]

6 deaths is very low for  a Wednesday. I know any death is tragic but we are definitely going the right way.  The test positivity  rating is very low too and hospital admissions falling too.  

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

A mild dull headache for a few hours and a sore arm for a few days was all I had.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic