Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

57 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We can’t do anything about the “non COVID” deaths. We can about the COVID ones. 
Me and my Mrs, closer to sixty than fifty have been religiously good about social distancing, masking up etc.

Sadly some young daft lassie at her work bought into the “won’t affect me” pish and behaved as though there wasn’t a pandemic. Knocking about with her pals. Bevvying at other folks houses.

Now her whole office is isolating and we both have it.

We’re not only responsible for ourselves.
These people are responsible for us and people worse off than us who have lost family members because of their idiocy.

Our daughter who, thankfully lives thousands of miles away has immune deficiency issues and, had she been here with us could well be in a life threatening situation.

People are entitled to believe what they want to believe from government.  I get it. But when you’d rather listen to Sharon off Facebook before Doctors and scientists, because it suits you then you need to have a proper look at yourself.

This aint a dig at the poster I’m quoting just a general rant.

Right, I’m off to watch the world fall out of my arse. Again

I think there was a point that probably some of the “ non covid “ deaths may be related to lack of medical treatments etc due to NHS prioritising covid ? 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Cheers, so to speculate

beer gardens - 12 April

pubs - 17 May 

foreign holidays - 21 June at earliest 

football crowds potentially- 21 June

England v Scotland - 18 June.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes we can, but we don't. 

Want to expand or just going for the sound bite?

Ive heard somebody comparing it to deaths from cancer. Like cancer is highly contagious.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It's more than cautious. It's pedestrian if Laura Kuenessberg has been briefed accurately.

If 8th March is the start date, then add three lots of 5 weeks, you are looking at 21st June for the last lot of restrictions to be lifted.

Great to see a road map out of it all . Gives people hope and motivates them to remember the rules etc . Nothing wrong with Something to look forward to . That’s the whole point of life ! Meanwhile in Scotland ....,,,,

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

If you completely ignore the vaccine then you’d maybe have a point. There will be no major easing of restrictions it looks like till late March or into April. By then I think they’ve said all over 40’s will be vaccinated. **** me if we can’t open up after that age range has been done then what’s the actual point ? 

Exactly 

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

The first results of the UK vaccination programme suggests it is having a "spectacular" impact on preventing serious illness.

Research led by Public Health Scotland found in the fourth week after the first dose, hospitalisations were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs respectively.

It is the first sign of the real world impact of vaccination in the UK.

Figures for England are expected to be released later.

Among the over 80s, there was an overall 81% reduction in the numbers admitted to hospital.

The researchers did not look at the impact on transmission - whether people who were vaccinated passed it on - or whether immunity waned over time.

The preliminary data from the EAVE II project covers 1.14 million vaccinations given in Scotland between 8 December and 15 February.

The study looked at the numbers being admitted to hospital with Covid among this population and compared it to those admitted who were not vaccinated.

In total, there were just over 8,000 people who ended up in hospital.

Lead researcher Prof Aziz Sheikh said the results were "very, very" impressive and both vaccines were working "spectacularly".

"These results are very encouraging and have given us great reasons to be optimistic for the future."

Trials of both vaccines had suggested they would have a significant impact at preventing hospitalisations.

But for the Pfizer vaccine studies, that had involved a second dose being given after three weeks.

The UK has adopted a policy of delaying the second jab of both vaccines by three months, which had led some to question whether the approach would give sufficient immunity.

The trials of the AstraZeneca looked at a longer dosing interval so there was more confidence about that vaccine.

Dr Josie Murray, of Public Health Scotland, said the findings were "brilliant news" and suggested the vaccine programme was working.

No doubt madam dreary drawers Sturgeon will put her unique spin on this great news to by emphasising cautious ! Ffs can she no be happy giving out good news without the usual draining negativity ? It’s well draining 

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Ive heard somebody comparing it to deaths from cancer. Like cancer is highly contagious.

No but if untreated can kill people sooner , irrespective if contagious ! Not at all sure if highly contagious 

Dennis Reynolds

The roadmap seems sensible to me. With an emphasis that targets need to be met is a good approach, imo.

It gives a good outlook and will hopefully make more people likely to stick to the rules for a little while longer.

Be interested to see what Scotland's approach is. I can't see it being much different and don't think it particularly needs to be but being cautious is the right approach. Let the vaccine uptake continue and steadily decrease restrictions. With the pace of the vaccine rollout, the dates above seem entirely plausible.

One final push and we can put this all behind us. Fingers crossed anyway!

Edited by LMc

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Great to see a road map out of it all . Gives people hope and motivates them to remember the rules etc . Nothing wrong with Something to look forward to . That’s the whole point of life ! Meanwhile in Scotland ....,,,,

Exactly 

No doubt madam dreary drawers Sturgeon will put her unique spin on this great news to by emphasising cautious ! Ffs can she no be happy giving out good news without the usual draining negativity ? It’s well draining 

What's worse Boris's false hope regarding holidays by Easter ? 

Or the FM telling us how it is ? 

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

England v Scotland - 18 June.

Yes and me supposedly flying out from London to Greece on 17 June, bang goes another holiday, only the 8th in a row. 

PS only complaining because I know the torture I will have to go through on cancellation. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

No but if untreated can kill people sooner , irrespective if contagious ! Not at all sure if highly contagious 

You misunderstood bud.

I meant C19 is highly contagious, especially it seems the last variant do comparing it to “failing to cure” cancer, which some people I know have done is specious at best and f’n ridiculous at worst.

There’s no doubt people have died in the last year due to lack of preventive treatment and regular care for other diseases. To me, their deaths and the devastation for their families is also attributable to the virus and some peoples disregard for, let’s be honest not extremely punitive restrictive measures to fight the spread

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yes and me supposedly flying out from London to Greece on 17 June, bang goes another holiday, only the 8th in a row. 

PS only complaining because I know the torture I will have to go through on cancellation. 

Unless you book your holidays incredibly far in advance, you must have known the high risk of cancellation when booking.

Dennis Reynolds
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Details of route map to be set out at Hollyrood tomorrow, looks like it will have indicative dates but more the order and data to pass through a gate.

Its hard to imagine it will be all the difference from what will be announced today by bojo. 

Also fish saying hopefully some more kids can return in March, but was cautious around it happening, 

Good news. Will actually tune in for this one!

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly 

Meanwhile in Scotland young kids went back to school today.

Johnson is also emphasising the need for caution continually.

Edited by Ray Gin

38 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Doesn't matter if it's contagious. It is far more serious, for most, than Covid and early diagnosis is important.  The vast majority of Covid "cases" experience no or mild symptoms. The vaccine will protect the most vulnerable.  Unfortunately we don't have those options for those with cancer.

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I know many on here think its great he gives false hope. I think thats more damaging to mental wellbeing than telling it how it is. Personal opinion/political opinion I guess

@Jamhammer Great Post and full empathy. Its like that around here. Our neighbour with people in and out all day partying and police say they are all allowed to be there. That causes his two direct neighbours to not want to leave there house and be ocd with sterilising their steps , bins etc. 

I do have one question , how the hell can you be flexible enough to see the world falling out yer arse 😮

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Unless you book your holidays incredibly far in advance, you must have known the high risk of cancellation when booking.

Booked 7th September 2020 using vouchers from a previous cancellation plus an extra 20% off incentive. So at that point things were opening up and I was being positive. 
Took a chance and it’s possibly failed by 4 days. I’ll just move it 12 months forward but still have to deal with connecting flights etc.

Others, including family members, have had far worse experiences in the last 12 months including my mother in law with terminal cancer and father in law with covid, for me to moan too much about a holiday. 

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

With ALL English pupils going back on the 8th March, the pressure will be on Sturgeon to get all ours back by the 15th.

I wouldn't even bother paying too much attention to these rumoured timescales.  If I had to bet on it I would bet on stuff happening quite a bit sooner than suggested.  Fully expecting to be hoying the pints back in the golf club in early May.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Macron and a few other EU leaders look like they have shot themselves in the foot by politicising the AZ vaccine.

Their citizens are refusing that vaccine and they are left with thousands of missed appointments and vaccines lying on shelves.

The vaccine roll out in the EU is a total farce :rofl:

Heard last week on Euronews that Poland, Czech Rep & Slovakia are set to join Hungary in administering the Russian Sputnik V vaccine.

The Italian RAI news have published in full the contract between the EU & AZ/Oxford, the long and short of it, is that the EU don't have any legal right to sue AZ/Oxford, they never did, it was all bluster & bully boy tactics the EU were using in their row with AZ/Oxford.

Like I've said many a time, if the AZ/Oxford vaccine was a French or German developed vaccine, it would have been a completely different story, but some in the EU couldn't handle the fact that it was British........some still can't.

I'm also hearing Malta are kicking up a stink with the EU, something to do with the vaccine supplies & the single market.

All is not well in the EU right now.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

With ALL English pupils going back on the 8th March, the pressure will be on Sturgeon to get all ours back by the 15th.

Back on the 15th to break up again on 1st April for 2 weeks? 

35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Haven’t read about his so called “ false hope “ about Easter and holidays but read of the road map which is positive 

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Only up to primary 3 ! Stop distorting facts . Yes he is but he’s given people hope by producing a road map . She will be dragged kicking and screaming to provide one tomorrow if at all 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I know many on here think its great he gives false hope. I think thats more damaging to mental wellbeing than telling it how it is. Personal opinion/political opinion I guess

When did Boris make a statement about people going on holiday at Easter?

Today is the first statement on easing of lockdown in months

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Doesn't matter if it's contagious. It is far more serious, for most, than Covid and early diagnosis is important.  The vast majority of Covid "cases" experience no or mild symptoms. The vaccine will protect the most vulnerable.  Unfortunately we don't have those options for those with cancer.

Exactly I couldn’t be bothered answering him as he didn’t really understand what I was getting at . It’s been the responses to covid which have created cancer and other deaths . But hey they don’t count as they ain’t contagious . Every death matters 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Haven’t read about his so called “ false hope “ about Easter and holidays but read of the road map which is positive 

Only up to primary 3 ! Stop distorting facts . Yes he is but he’s given people hope by producing a road map . She will be dragged kicking and screaming to provide one tomorrow if at all 

How is that distorting facts? Are up to primary 3 not young kids? No kids are back yet in England, the land of great hope and relentless beams of positivity.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Back on the 15th to break up again on 1st April for 2 weeks? 

I would take that in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

About a week/two weeks ago it was discussed at length on here. He was asked about holidays after Shapps (sp??) had said no and he said it was likely it would happen.

Rereading it you did say statement. He didnt make a statement , it was a response to being asked about it. On here it was then used as a reason to have a pop at NS as she had said no chance to UK holidays at Easter and possibly not in summer either

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly I can’t see that anywhere ? 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

How is that distorting facts? Are up to primary 3 not young kids? No kids are back yet in England, the land of great hope and relentless beams of positivity.

No you said young kids that could be any age really . I wouldn’t say a primary 5 was an “ older kid “ . Caught out ! You can Get a job with the Scottish Govt with that spin 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, sadj said:

About a week/two weeks ago it was discussed at length on here. He was asked about holidays after Shapps (sp??) had said no and he said it was likely it would happen.

No worries. I must have missed that :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I am not convinced all the pupils in England will be back full-time on the 8th of March

Looks like a few of the lockdown zealots are seething due to Boris road map . Dearie me 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

No you said young kids that could be any age really . I wouldn’t say a primary 5 was an “ older kid “ . Caught out ! You can Get a job with the Scottish Govt with that spin 

I deliberately said "young kids" to qualify the statement rather than just "kids".

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Daily Star:

Nat Nazi Nicky Nobbles Nation.

Was going to do a Daily Sport one but didn’t fancy the ban 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

We can’t do anything about the “non COVID” deaths. We can about the COVID ones. 
Me and my Mrs, closer to sixty than fifty have been religiously good about social distancing, masking up etc.

Sadly some young daft lassie at her work bought into the “won’t affect me” pish and behaved as though there wasn’t a pandemic. Knocking about with her pals. Bevvying at other folks houses.

Now her whole office is isolating and we both have it.

We’re not only responsible for ourselves.
These people are responsible for us and people worse off than us who have lost family members because of their idiocy.

Our daughter who, thankfully lives thousands of miles away has immune deficiency issues and, had she been here with us could well be in a life threatening situation.

People are entitled to believe what they want to believe from government.  I get it. But when you’d rather listen to Sharon off Facebook before Doctors and scientists, because it suits you then you need to have a proper look at yourself.

This aint a dig at the poster I’m quoting just a general rant.

Right, I’m off to watch the world fall out of my arse. Again

I wish both of you all the best for a speedy and full recovery. It is an annoying part of everyday life today that some people don't give a monkey's for others, as long as they are ok, or able to do what they like.

There's probably none of us happy that our social lives have been suspended for so long, but many of us realise that our actions can impact others in a bad way, so behave in a way that restricts that happening.

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Jamhammer Great Post and full empathy. Its like that around here. Our neighbour with people in and out all day partying and police say they are all allowed to be there. That causes his two direct neighbours to not want to leave there house and be ocd with sterilising their steps , bins etc. 

I do have one question , how the hell can you be flexible enough to see the world falling out yer arse 😮

I’m sitting on the bog, pretty much constantly since Saturday.

It’s one of the less mentioned and less sexy symptoms

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's not real, matey.😉👍🏻

I got that ya fud 🤣

Haha I got that , still being flexible enough to watch it fall out yer arse is impressive 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

No, you're right, none of the non-covid deaths are preventable. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

I really hope she sees the need for tradesmen to get back to work in people’s houses.... It’s shite for both the mind and pocket being unable to make a crust whilst others flout the guidelines. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I really hope she sees the need for tradesmen to get back to work in people’s houses.... It’s shite for both the mind and pocket being unable to make a crust whilst others flout the guidelines. 

As far as I can see about here, it has never stopped

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's not real, matey.😉👍🏻

I got that ya fud 🤣

Haha I got that , still being flexible enough to watch it fall out yer arse is impressive 

Toxteth O'Grady
12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I have not seen it mentioned here, might have missed it, but Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that Scotland will return to a Geographical Tier system to ease lockdown. It might be a completely different one than before but it looks like we are back to regional tiers on Scotland.

Jason Leitch mentioned last week that the levels of geography might be different.

Possibly Health board regions or groups of local authorities rather than single local authorities - I hope that happens. Going for a walk on a sunny Sunday in Edinburgh is a busy experience.

36 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Have you even read what I've posted today? I am actually surprised how slow the lockdown is going to be lifted in England and I am hoping it will be done more quickly, the only bit I think is likely too optimistic is the full opening of schools on the 8th of March.

This is about me v you, Scotland v England, Boris v Nicola, Lockdown v No Lockdown - unlike some I am actually able to form my own opinions and views and post them on here without thinking everything from one "side" or another is correct or completely wrong.

You could have fooled me regarding the above statement which seems to allude to u being impartial  ‘ 

12 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I can be in around Six different properties in any given day,add working in schools into the mix and this “national lockdown” is a non starter for me and many thousands of trades people in a similar position.

35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

You might have the gastro

instestonal one ? Loss of appetite , sore head , dry mouth and the shits , no cough or fever? I had this mid March last year and wonder if it was covid ? Lasted 2/3 days . To think I could have saved a fortune on bleach 😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Oh get well soon 

Scottish numbers: 22 February 2021

Summary

• 715 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-112]
  • 12,359 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.6% of these were positive [-5.596; +1.1%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-5]
  • 99 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,141 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+9]
  • 1,445,488 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 37,342 have received their second dose [+13,546; +1,863]

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic