Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Fair play to him, he's sticking with the irreversible stuff. Though they would drop that like a hot potato.

Hes spoken well today

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
52 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Everybody wants to rule the world.

If she doesn’t easy things I am going to Shout.  And if the Salmond case goes against her she will be a Woman in Chains 

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is the Edinburgh "picture".  The higher rates in the SE of the city appear to correlate pretty well with some of the most deprived areas of the city.  The other area around Stenhouse, Chesser is less deprived, but may be connected to any outbreak at HMP Saughton.1713834626_Edincovid.JPG.b6cb9479f470ffc601949427266012bc.JPG

'Suppressed' round my manor. :greggy:

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Makes a change as he usually can’t string two words together.

Indeed 🤣 Was very simple info lots of room to manoeuvre about both for their benefit and for the public’s benefit. However it was a decent statement and wasnt his usual lots of bluster and false hope. He checked back every time to say its dependent on many things. The summer holidays and large venues being open were the only bit that seemed a bit too quick to be saying but he still tempered it

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, sadj said:

Indeed 🤣 Was very simple info lots of room to manoeuvre about both for their benefit and for the public’s benefit. However it was a decent statement and wasnt his usual lots of bluster and false hope. He checked back every time to say its dependent on many things. The summer holidays and large venues being open were the only bit that seemed a bit too quick to be saying but he still tempered it

Fair enough.

Sounds positive but cautious.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair enough.

Sounds positive but cautious.

Hes ballsing it up by going on about Europe and Labour now but hey ho. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Didn't catch it myself but that does seem good. Seems like he said the right things. 

Boris proposals...fans from 17/5/2021..up to 10,000 in the stadiums

then

The fourth step from 21 June will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs.

The government hopes that - from this date - restrictions on weddings and funerals will also be abolished.

The four conditions that must be met at each phase of lockdown easing are:

1. The coronavirus vaccine programme continues to go to plan
  2. Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or needing hospital treatment
  3. Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospital admissions
  4. New variants of the virus do not fundamentally change the risk of lifting restrictions

Edited by CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Boris Johnson announcing all over by 21 June!! Hopefully it goes well and we get back to normal by then. 

The Longest Day.

Good movie.😏

Blackford asks a question about the redliat countries and people being concerned about the other people arriving in the UK and other variants having a backdoor in.  BJ completely avoided answering it 🤷🏻‍♂️ and talked about optimism from the SNP 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Blackford asks a question about the redliat countries and people being concerned about the other people arriving in the UK and other variants having a backdoor in.  BJ completely avoided answering it 🤷🏻‍♂️ and talked about optimism from the SNP 

Back to normal then 🤣

Just now, LMc said:

Back to normal then 🤣

Aye lol. He did state the devolved administrations had been working closely with the UK government

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely Sturgeon isn't going back to the failed tier system :jj_facepalm:

"Case" levels shouldn't inform decisions. In England, it's hospitalisations, deaths and vaccines that will be the important measures. Hopefully the daily case numbers do not need to be reported and we juat accept that there always be community transmission. Soon, the podium can be safely put back into cold storage 😎The tier system needs ditched too, especially when it was underpinned by fear about neighbouring tiers travelling. Didn't make much sense tbh

Shooter McGavin

So Boris is announcing the possibility of being back to normal by 21st June.

That means we’ll probably be in a much better position than them by that time and we’ll be looking to be back to normal by, I don’t know, August or September? 

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

James will no doubt be seething at this inability to give some positive news without tempering it with words of caution.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This thread is as bad as ever. Same posters. Same shite over and over and over again. 
:facepalm: 

No wonder you give it a miss a lot of times.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Looking more likely small numbers of fans will be allowed into Tynecastle to boo before the season ends.

:laugh2:

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This thread is as bad as ever. Same posters. Same shite over and over and over again. 
:facepalm: 

It's ****ing brutal mate

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No wonder you give it a miss a lot of times.

I haven’t looked in for a couple of weeks I don’t think. Zero changed. Relentless pish. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I haven’t looked in for a couple of weeks I don’t think. Zero changed. Relentless pish. 

I just skim through it most of the time nowadays.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

We are at the *beginning* of a different scenario. A quarter of the population have had their first vaccination. One of the great mistakes is always in thinking that you're actually at the end of the tunnel when you see the light at the end of it. We're in a far better position with the vaccinations then we were previously, but we're not quite there yet and if we act as if we are then it will take longer to actually get there.

🤞

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Funny enough I had pretty much identical symptoms end of Jan last year and thought it was flu.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/six-distinct-types-of-covid-19-identified    the 6 types  

56 minutes ago, sadj said:

BJ saying hes glad hairdressers will open 🤣 

Well since im a " lookalike" of him ( apparently sans the weight ) I concur with him as my hair is like his... :) 

38 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Boris proposals...fans from 17/5/2021..up to 10,000 in the stadiums

then

The fourth step from 21 June will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs.

The government hopes that - from this date - restrictions on weddings and funerals will also be abolished.

The four conditions that must be met at each phase of lockdown easing are:

1. The coronavirus vaccine programme continues to go to plan
  2. Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or needing hospital treatment
  3. Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospital admissions
  4. New variants of the virus do not fundamentally change the risk of lifting restrictions

All good news but I do have concerns about this   " sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or needing hospital treatment"...they need to define it specifically in numerical terms or rough estimates. I always thought i was about not " overwhelming " the NHS as well as prevent deaths. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It's gone further downhill since James worked out how to multi-quote.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

Looking more likely small numbers of fans will be allowed into Tynecastle to boo before the season ends.

We're excluded from it.  We've suffered enough.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm happy to save my anger up and start off next season at Tynecastle with an almighty BOOOOO!!!

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's gone further downhill since James worked out how to multi-quote.

It only took me a year to work that one out...

Weakened Offender
50 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So Boris is announcing the possibility of being back to normal by 21st June.

That means we’ll probably be in a much better position than them by that time and we’ll be looking to be back to normal by, I don’t know, August or September? 

Don't let Johnson's deplorable record of sticking to his word get in the way of a dreary wibble. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Hopefully they can, depends on how the school return goes with this new variant that wasn’t around when schools were open. 

Im pretty hopeful things will go to plan if the schools return is ok. 

I really hope you are right. I'm nervous about it, I always felt it was contributing to the spread much more than people felt it was but also appreciate not much in the data appeared to back that up

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Hopefully they can, depends on how the school return goes with this new variant that wasn’t around when schools were open. 

Im pretty hopeful things will go to plan if the schools return is ok. 

Yup hopefully. At least the 4 conditions for lifting don't include transmission levels

Got my vaccine yesterday.  Wasn't expecting it this early to be honest, I'm "high risk" but under 30, so assuming that Tayside must have vaccinated the vast majority of those Over 65 by now.

Feels like I've been punched in the arm repeatedly, but no other obvious side effects :yas: 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Got my vaccine yesterday.  Wasn't expecting it this early to be honest, I'm "high risk" but under 30, so assuming that Tayside must have vaccinated the vast majority of those Over 65 by now.

Feels like I've been punched in the arm repeatedly, but no other obvious side effects :yas: 

Great news for you and great news for everyone. Even SAGE saying once all adults have been offered a vaccination there would be little negative impact to when restrictions are lifted 👍👍👍

Edited by Taffin

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:yas:

Get the youngsters jabbed up!

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is it because you're ginger?🤔

Dark, tall, and handsome, sorry :smuggy: 

Edited by tian447

35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Self catering holidays in England from 12th April.

At least people can get 1 weeks break at the Easter holidays

I doubt that will apply up here in Sturgeonland. 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Doesn't matter if it's contagious. It is far more serious, for most, than Covid and early diagnosis is important.  The vast majority of Covid "cases" experience no or mild symptoms. The vaccine will protect the most vulnerable.  Unfortunately we don't have those options for those with cancer.

The ONS stats suggest from ages 2 onward, 13% and rising experience symptoms for over 5 weeks i.e. Long covid.

That still leaves a vast majority with mild symptoms but 13% minimum is still a potentially huge amount of people.

I hope I'm wrong and can be seen to be overly cautious but I am still of the mind that we accelerate vaccines to as many as people as possible and transmission rates are negligible before we fully open up.

It's just a hunch but I think by allowing covid to spread significantly through the population we are going to suffer significant public health impacts for years to come.

That doesn't make me a lockdown zealot (I hate lockdown) but the announcement today from Johnson seemed more political than science led, which I think is mistake but guess we'll see.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic