Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not sure if I've had the "pleasure" of being abused by you, might have, just not sure but why do you hurl abuse at folks that don't agree with you?

I don't hurl abuse at anyone. 😊

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
24 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think you'll find that contrary to everything you have just imagined about yourself there that you are, in fact, off your rocker and a slavering teapot. 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I don't hurl abuse at anyone. 😊

Really?

Weakened Offender
Just now, jonesy said:

One would imagine that WO's internal life isn't exactly in order. Every morning, he gives a long, deep, silent scream at the face staring back at him in the mirror. Lockdown may be partly to blame and I hope he gets better soon.

I'll be fine once the barbers open back up. 😉

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember that knob. A feckin vermin supporting tadger into the bargain.

Feckin tyre munching twat.

Hope he gets hit by a bendy bus. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tomorrow's briefing will be interesting as surely she will be asked about all over 50s being vaccinated by end of May. 

She spent last week going on about temporary vaccine shortages so I wonder what she will say.

You would assume that Johnson's UK pledge would have been discussed with all countries but I wouldn't bet on it. 

It's not a shortage Jonno but a rephasing of supplies from  when initially expected, notably Pfizer.

What will be interesting when the supply data is released tomorrow if there was only a limited supply made available to the SG from NHS England last week.

Although tomorrow may e not a goid week as we were only e pecting arou d 80k Pfizer ones.

Suppose we are saying same thing mind you.

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

England's initial framework according to the Beeb.

All schools in England are expected to reopen on 8 March, as part of the prime minister's "cautious" four-part plan to lift the coronavirus lockdown.

Boris Johnson will share his finalised "road map" with ministers on Monday, before unveiling it to MPs and later leading a news conference at 19:00 GMT.

Up to six people or two households are due to be allowed to meet outdoors from 29 March, including in private gardens.

Rules will be lifted in phases and four conditions must be met at each stage.

It is understood that the first phase will be split into two parts:

• Phase one, part one: from 8 March - All schools open and outdoor after-school sports and activities can restart. Recreation in a public space (such as a park) will be allowed between two people - which means they will be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic
  • Phase one, part two: from 29 March - Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households can take place, including in private gardens. Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen. Organised adult and children's sport can also return. This will allow, for example, grassroots football for all ages to begin again

Also on 8 March, new rules will allow each care home resident in England to have one regular visitor, who they can hold hands with.

Mr Johnson said data will be used to inform "every step" of lifting restrictions.

"We will be cautious about this approach so that we do not undo the progress we have achieved so far and the sacrifices each and every one of you has made to keep yourself and others safe," he added.

The four conditions that must be met at each phase of lockdown easing are:

1. The coronavirus vaccine programme continues to go to plan
  2. Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or needing hospital treatment
  3. Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospital admissions
  4. New variants of the virus do not fundamentally change the risk of lifting restrictions

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

England's initial framework according to the Beeb.

All schools in England are expected to reopen on 8 March, as part of the prime minister's "cautious" four-part plan to lift the coronavirus lockdown.

Boris Johnson will share his finalised "road map" with ministers on Monday, before unveiling it to MPs and later leading a news conference at 19:00 GMT.

Up to six people or two households are due to be allowed to meet outdoors from 29 March, including in private gardens.

Rules will be lifted in phases and four conditions must be met at each stage.

It is understood that the first phase will be split into two parts:

• Phase one, part one: from 8 March - All schools open and outdoor after-school sports and activities can restart. Recreation in a public space (such as a park) will be allowed between two people - which means they will be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic
  • Phase one, part two: from 29 March - Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households can take place, including in private gardens. Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen. Organised adult and children's sport can also return. This will allow, for example, grassroots football for all ages to begin again

Also on 8 March, new rules will allow each care home resident in England to have one regular visitor, who they can hold hands with.

Mr Johnson said data will be used to inform "every step" of lifting restrictions.

"We will be cautious about this approach so that we do not undo the progress we have achieved so far and the sacrifices each and every one of you has made to keep yourself and others safe," he added.

The four conditions that must be met at each phase of lockdown easing are:

1. The coronavirus vaccine programme continues to go to plan
  2. Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or needing hospital treatment
  3. Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospital admissions
  4. New variants of the virus do not fundamentally change the risk of lifting restrictions

Am I right when I read this that BJs speech about easter holidays in the UK where he said it was likely is now a No? This is why I can’t be arsed with him and the frustration at people that say he gives hope. He does these things then pulls the rug out. I get its just Politics and thats how they act but drives me nuts when people will have had their hopes up and its been used to cause division between people then they end up on the same page as Scotland , Wales , NI.

Edited by sadj

5 hours ago, weegranty said:

URGENT NOTICE !
This happened yesterday and is important information for my age group.
A friend had his 1st dose of the vaccine at the Pyramids vaccination centre, after which he began to have blurred vision on the way home.
When he got home, he called the vaccination centre for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor, or be hospitalised.
He was asked to go back to the vaccination centre  immediately as he had left his glasses behind.

😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

I want the other trade off. Keep the pubs, sports direct and (I know this one will rustle your jimmies 😂) schools closed and open up foreign travel. Then I can go on holiday and do all the things that are closed here anyway but in the sun 🌞🌞 👌👌

Maybe we should have a referendum ? Holidays abroad or pubs opened ?ets just go full “ Black mirror “ 

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

As a Libra and all round good egg, I'm usually pretty good at seeing other people's points of view. I understand, but don't agree with Tory voters, religious folk, communists, right-wing Americans, people who think female comedians are funny and even my mother in law. But, despite my enlightened free-thinking, or perhaps because of it, I cannot fathom those who unquestioningly comply with the arbitrary decrees imposed on a hitherto largely free people in the UK, Western Europe, Australasia, and the US.

Ah a Libran ! That explains a lot ! 😂

4 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not sure if I've had the "pleasure" of being abused (not in the literal sense of course) by you, might have, just not sure but why do you hurl abuse at folks that don't agree with you?

I think he never had enough love in his childhood 

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

One would imagine that WO's internal life isn't exactly in order. Every morning, he gives a long, deep, silent scream at the face staring back at him in the mirror. Lockdown may be partly to blame and I hope he gets better soon.

See above 

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:smugger: 

I've just read your post in the Prince Philip thread. Jesus Christ, you don't do hypocrisy in small measures. 

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

It's not a shortage Jonno but a rephasing of supplies from  when initially expected, notably Pfizer.

What will be interesting when the supply data is released tomorrow if there was only a limited supply made available to the SG from NHS England last week.

Although tomorrow may e not a goid week as we were only e pecting arou d 80k Pfizer ones.

Suppose we are saying same thing mind you.

My mate works at a vaccine centre. They have no Pfizer vaccine left atm. They are using OAZ. 

21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My mate works at a vaccine centre. They have no Pfizer vaccine left atm. They are using OAZ. 

Interesting.

I thought for the 5 bigger ones it was a set manufancturer at each.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Interesting.

I thought for the 5 bigger ones it was a set manufancturer at each.

I think it's a 2 week delay. 

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think it's a 2 week delay. 

I've checked what the SG put in it's deployment plan and what it released in it's antcipated supply figures and what has been released.

If I've read it correctly, it's 90k short in vaccines released and 180k in vaccines delivered.

Sort of can make sense as from week beginning 01 Feb, there is a 4 week period of only 80-90k Pfizer  vaccines coming through per week.

Edited by DETTY29

38 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I've checked what the SG put in it's deployment plan and what it released in it's antcipated supply figures and what has been released.

If I've read it correctly, it's 90k short in vaccines released and I180k in vaccines delivered.

Sort of can make sense as from week beginning 01 Feb, there is a 4 week period of only 80-90k Pfizer  vaccines coming through per week.

Probably keeping back 1000s for the 2nd dose anaw. 

Edited by ri Alban

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is not really a lot in that is there, pretty cautious stuff from the PM. I think a phased school return might be better, but by March maybe it will be ok. In Scotland there is no further schools return until at least 15 March, so we are going to be out of step there, but maybe indicates we are likely to get all the other kids back then. Also I hope we might introduce the other 29 March changes for England a bit sooner.

I am not sure this is the roadmap people were hoping for??

It's more than cautious. It's pedestrian if Laura Kuenessberg has been briefed accurately.

If 8th March is the start date, then add three lots of 5 weeks, you are looking at 21st June for the last lot of restrictions to be lifted.

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Tartan Tammies seem to have been brainwashed by the patronising,  podium pish that has come from the wee Ayrshire keelie. But she'll have to toe the line this week when the big boys call the shots. Messrs Johnson and Salmond will decide her next move for her.

:sweeet:

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I didn't want to seem over critical, I am happy that it might be a considered approach, what happens in England also has an influence in Scotland.

I thought that England was meant to be embarked on a data rather than dates approach.  If that was the case, then the stages would be driven by a range of measures related to case numbers, hospital admissions and deaths, e.g. stage 1 - 10,000 daily cases, 18,000 hospital beds, 500 daily deaths.  Stage 2 - 7,500 daily cases, 15,000 hospital beds, 400 daily deaths etc.

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought that England was meant to be embarked on a data rather than dates approach.  If that was the case, then the stages would be driven by a range of measures related to case numbers, hospital admissions and deaths, e.g. stage 1 - 10,000 daily cases, 18,000 hospital beds, 500 daily deaths.  Stage 2 - 7,500 daily cases, 15,000 hospital beds, 400 daily deaths etc.

it looks like they are telling us the dates they are aiming for but the folowing four conditions must be met before each change

• The vaccine programme continues successfully
  • Evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently reducing the number of people dying with the virus or hospitalised
  • Infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS
  • The assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new variants of concern.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

I didn't want to seem over critical, I am happy that it might be a considered approach, what happens in England also has an influence in Scotland.

I suspect the SG government will follow something similar although I also suspect we will go more cautiously.

If that is the case I think that is a missed opportunity for them.  I think increasingly people will feel frustrated by that approach.  I think if she were to stand up and say that due to their approach up till now we can go a bit faster (albeit still cautiously) than the rest of UK that would land so well with the population.  It would be a vindication of her approach till now

I think for many Scottish people, looking over the border and seeing us under greater restrictions despite lower infection levels and vaccine roll out will really start to grate come May/June.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've just read your post in the Prince Philip thread. Jesus Christ, you don't do hypocrisy in small measures. 

Does Philip have Scottish blood?

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is not really a lot in that is there, pretty cautious stuff from the PM. I think a phased school return might be better, but by March maybe it will be ok. In Scotland there is no further schools return until at least 15 March, so we are going to be out of step there, but maybe indicates we are likely to get all the other kids back then. Also I hope we might introduce the other 29 March changes for England a bit sooner.

Brian can you answer the question I asked FF earlier this morning. Did I read correctly and the PMs Easter Holidays in the UK is likely has become a 💯 no. 

On a positive note Pfizer and OAZ have been shown to reduce hospital admissions by 95 and 84 percent up here. Thats great news

34 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Some encouraging data regarding vaccine, 

Covid: Vaccines having big impact on hospitalisation risk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

Sorry BJ didn’t see you had posted this. Great news isn’t it. I haven’t read the ins and outs is that all strains of old Covey that its being effective against with prevebting hospital admissions?

Entirely expected type of approach.  The whole unlock is being governed by the principle that this must be the last lockdown (not absolutely guaranteed if circumstances change for the worse).  If it's the last lockdown then they have to get the unlock right.  At the moment we've got things in our favour.

Unlock done well = freedom over the summer.

Unlock done badly (could) = summer in lockdown.

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Looks like partial leaked info to lower expectations. I’m not surprised or overly disappointed by this news. I think getting all kids back to school and playing after school sports/activities in March is a must. I also think getting sport back for adults is just as important if pubs/shops/restaurants are to remain closed. 

Edited by Dazo

41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I suspect the SG government will follow something similar although I also suspect we will go more cautiously.

If that is the case I think that is a missed opportunity for them.  I think increasingly people will feel frustrated by that approach.  I think if she were to stand up and say that due to their approach up till now we can go a bit faster (albeit still cautiously) than the rest of UK that would land so well with the population.  It would be a vindication of her approach till now

I think for many Scottish people, looking over the border and seeing us under greater restrictions despite lower infection levels and vaccine roll out will really start to grate come May/June.  

I can already tell you how it will go on here regardless of what happens:

More cautious: Wee nippy Krankie on a power-mad control trip

Less cautious: Cynical piece of one-upmanship for the elections

The same: Weak wee Krankie told to tow the line from the big boss

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Less cautious: Cynical peace of one-upmanship for the elections

🤣 spot on tbf

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Less cautious: Cynical peace of one-upmanship for the elections

:lol:

giphy.gif

Pretty much

Certainly sounds cautious so he's kept his word on that. He'd better keep the irreversible part too, though I expect them to already be walking away from that narrative.

It would be entirely reasonable to suspect there's a fair amount of wiggle room (for the better) factored into any framework of phases.  

Deaths and hospitalisations will drop like a stone amongst the vaccinated population.  This will continue and keep getting better as more and more people are vaccinated.  Pretty soon this side of things will take care of itself.  At some point in the near future,  the one remaining point of surveillance will be the ongoing spread of virus amongst those not yet vaccinated.  It could remain steady,  could shrink,  could climb.  If there's no significant rise in cases as we go on then the phases of unlocking will undoubtedly accelerate.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Entirely expected type of approach.  The whole unlock is being governed by the principle that this must be the last lockdown (not absolutely guaranteed if circumstances change for the worse).  If it's the last lockdown then they have to get the unlock right.  At the moment we've got things in our favour.

Unlock done well = freedom over the summer.

Unlock done badly (could) = summer in lockdown.

If you completely ignore the vaccine then you’d maybe have a point. There will be no major easing of restrictions it looks like till late March or into April. By then I think they’ve said all over 40’s will be vaccinated. **** me if we can’t open up after that age range has been done then what’s the actual point ? 

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Spot on. Chuck in a few dreary Dale Carrick pic-posts and you're golden. 😊

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is that not the Tynecastle press box during Romanov's time?

😳 One and the same?!

15 hours ago, Robbofan99 said:

A Sunday thought 

500297D1-6B08-4FFD-8D1A-01061C2D6805.jpeg

We can’t do anything about the “non COVID” deaths. We can about the COVID ones. 
Me and my Mrs, closer to sixty than fifty have been religiously good about social distancing, masking up etc.

Sadly some young daft lassie at her work bought into the “won’t affect me” pish and behaved as though there wasn’t a pandemic. Knocking about with her pals. Bevvying at other folks houses.

Now her whole office is isolating and we both have it.

We’re not only responsible for ourselves.
These people are responsible for us and people worse off than us who have lost family members because of their idiocy.

Our daughter who, thankfully lives thousands of miles away has immune deficiency issues and, had she been here with us could well be in a life threatening situation.

People are entitled to believe what they want to believe from government.  I get it. But when you’d rather listen to Sharon off Facebook before Doctors and scientists, because it suits you then you need to have a proper look at yourself.

This aint a dig at the poster I’m quoting just a general rant.

Right, I’m off to watch the world fall out of my arse. Again

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Me and my Mrs, closer to sixty than fifty have been religiously good about social distancing, masking up etc.

Sadly some young daft lassie at her work bought into the “won’t affect me” pish and behaved as though there wasn’t a pandemic. Knocking about with her pals. Bevvying at other folks houses.

These people are responsible for us and people worse off than us who have lost family members because of their idiocy.

Our daughter who, thankfully lives thousands of miles away has immune deficiency issues and, had she been here with us could well be in a life threatening situation.

People are entitled to believe what they want to believe from government.  I get it. But when you’d rather listen to Sharon off Facebook before Doctors and scientists, because it suits you then you need to have a proper look at yourself.

Well said.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

That’s really crap what’s happened.

The shite that is posted by certain posters is a disgrace.

All the best.

Nucky Thompson
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Show me the hypocrisy in sticking up for an 99 year old man who looks like he's on the road out and anything I've posted on this thread.

Cheers

Footballfirst

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

The first results of the UK vaccination programme suggests it is having a "spectacular" impact on preventing serious illness.

Research led by Public Health Scotland found in the fourth week after the first dose, hospitalisations were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs respectively.

It is the first sign of the real world impact of vaccination in the UK.

Figures for England are expected to be released later.

Among the over 80s, there was an overall 81% reduction in the numbers admitted to hospital.

The researchers did not look at the impact on transmission - whether people who were vaccinated passed it on - or whether immunity waned over time.

The preliminary data from the EAVE II project covers 1.14 million vaccinations given in Scotland between 8 December and 15 February.

The study looked at the numbers being admitted to hospital with Covid among this population and compared it to those admitted who were not vaccinated.

In total, there were just over 8,000 people who ended up in hospital.

Lead researcher Prof Aziz Sheikh said the results were "very, very" impressive and both vaccines were working "spectacularly".

"These results are very encouraging and have given us great reasons to be optimistic for the future."

Trials of both vaccines had suggested they would have a significant impact at preventing hospitalisations.

But for the Pfizer vaccine studies, that had involved a second dose being given after three weeks.

The UK has adopted a policy of delaying the second jab of both vaccines by three months, which had led some to question whether the approach would give sufficient immunity.

The trials of the AstraZeneca looked at a longer dosing interval so there was more confidence about that vaccine.

Dr Josie Murray, of Public Health Scotland, said the findings were "brilliant news" and suggested the vaccine programme was working.

Edited by Footballfirst

Nucky Thompson

I see Macron and a few other EU leaders look like they have shot themselves in the foot by politicising the AZ vaccine.

Their citizens are refusing that vaccine and they are left with thousands of missed appointments and vaccines lying on shelves.

The vaccine roll out in the EU is a total farce :rofl:

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

The first results of the UK vaccination programme suggests it is having a "spectacular" impact on preventing serious illness.

Research led by Public Health Scotland found in the fourth week after the first dose, hospitalisations were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs respectively.

It is the first sign of the real world impact of vaccination in the UK.

Figures for England are expected to be released later.

Among the over 80s, there was an overall 81% reduction in the numbers admitted to hospital.

The researchers did not look at the impact on transmission - whether people who were vaccinated passed it on - or whether immunity waned over time.

The preliminary data from the EAVE II project covers 1.14 million vaccinations given in Scotland between 8 December and 15 February.

The study looked at the numbers being admitted to hospital with Covid among this population and compared it to those admitted who were not vaccinated.

In total, there were just over 8,000 people who ended up in hospital.

Lead researcher Prof Aziz Sheikh said the results were "very, very" impressive and both vaccines were working "spectacularly".

"These results are very encouraging and have given us great reasons to be optimistic for the future."

Trials of both vaccines had suggested they would have a significant impact at preventing hospitalisations.

But for the Pfizer vaccine studies, that had involved a second dose being given after three weeks.

The UK has adopted a policy of delaying the second jab of both vaccines by three months, which had led some to question whether the approach would give sufficient immunity.

The trials of the AstraZeneca looked at a longer dosing interval so there was more confidence about that vaccine.

Dr Josie Murray, of Public Health Scotland, said the findings were "brilliant news" and suggested the vaccine programme was working.

Great news

Shanks said no

So is this right for England?

Phase 1 - 8th March

Phase 2 - 12th April

Phase 3 - 17th May

Phase 4 - 21st June 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

So is this right for England?

Phase 1 - 8th March

Phase 2 - 12th April

Phase 3 - 17th May

Phase 4 - 21st June 

That's the speculation

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Macron and a few other EU leaders look like they have shot themselves in the foot by politicising the AZ vaccine.

Their citizens are refusing that vaccine and they are left with thousands of missed appointments and vaccines lying on shelves.

The vaccine roll out in the EU is a total farce :rofl:

Mutti has had to admit that the UK vaccine does work. That must have stung the fat old boot. 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's the speculation

Cheers, so to speculate

beer gardens - 12 April

pubs - 17 May 

foreign holidays - 21 June at earliest 

football crowds potentially- 21 June

53 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yes we can, but we don't. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic