Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The light is at the end of the tunnel. We just need to stick with it a while longer. And still some people have learnt absolutely nothing from the past year, think they know better than the experts, the rules don't apply to them, they can just do what they want now. Despite only 0.45% of the population being full vaccinated.

People made their own "grown up risk assessment" at Christmas. What happened? A massive spike in cases and hospitalisations - 92% rise in a week.

This post might not age well in 6 months ! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Look, you two. I'm sure you're nice guys/gals.

But your lives and lifestyles are very obviously not dependent on contexts which have been badly impacted by the restrictions, or you are comfortable with the changes you have needed to make as a result. But you should also try to understand that tolk aren't just complaining about things like the quarantine hotels because they fancy two weeks in Santorini. Some folk have jobs that, in one fell swoop, have been made unviable because of extreme quarantine restrictions and unevidenced vilification. Like it or not, we live in a country that, until very recently, has encouraged people to look outwards and engage with the continent and world around us - both at home and abroad. Now that's not an option. Brexit + Covid has been a double whammy for many industries. 

I, like many more people than I think you appreciate, have continued to see some friends and family throughout the pandemic. There haven't been any 'cases' as a result. All we have done is keep each others' spirits up during a dark and difficult time. Anecdotal evidence would suggest more and more people are making their own decision about which restrictions they will adhere to. Part of this is selfishness, I'll admit that. But another part of this is frustration with how the entire situation has been managed.

Vic, you say that there are 'clear goals and pathways'. That's simply not true. European governments in general are being as cautious as possible - partly to make sure there is no call for future lockdowns when the 'cases' inevitably rise again as people are permitted to go about their lives in the largely safe and responsible (albeit not 100% risk free) manner the majority of adults did before the pandemic. Part of that caution involves remaining as vague as possible about what will trigger 'unlocking' of certain aspects of our lives. That would lead critical thinkers ( ;)  ) to come to the conclusion that they are as wary of the bad press surrounding their actions as the consequence of the actions themselves - they can then avoid pressure from the scientists (who appear to largely live outwith any kind of real world context and in some kind of statistics-and-panic fringed bubble) to do it all over again, despite the most vulnerable being vaccinated and the Covid not doing much to the average, healthy punter.

Ray - numbers will continue to fluctuate, even within a general downward trend. Control freaks and/or those led by ultra cautious decision making processes will do their best, out of a misplaced sense of doing the right thing, to keep restrictions in place until as late as they can, no matter the cost to other peoples' lives. Much like that arsehole David Cameron did with Brexit, they'll then swan off into the sunset, leaving the next batch of politicians to tidy up the mess. And by christ, it's going to be a big mess.

TL;DR Jonesy's a **** :) 

Great posting . Yes there is certainly people been horrendously effected by lockdowns in every way and then there are others who have embraced the cocoon of Govt taking over their lives and abdicating self responsibility . It’s a very safe existence for them and also very selfish . Trust in Govt , if there ever has been has vanished in my books  And many others . They have lied time and again to keep lockdowns in place. The worse part is the lack of positive ness from the Scottish Govt in particular . As you rightly state what will be the parameters of the “ new normal “ which would ensure we do not have another lockdown again . The games up the pole for the Govt now . Vaccine those most in need , open up fully .let people live again and attempt to repair their broken lives .  It’ll be a seasonal issue and we will need to accept a certain level of deaths which will probably be low due to the most vulnerable vaccinated . 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

According reports this morning. All over 18’s to be offered by the end of July. 

Why the hell would a healthy 18 years old person take this vaccine for ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Why the hell would a healthy 18 years old person take this vaccine for ? 

then why do we vaccinate healthy children with the MMR vaccine?

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

then why do we vaccinate healthy children with the MMR vaccine?

Because they can become quite ill with these diseases which mmr prevents but are practically immune to covid 

Governor Tarkin
17 hours ago, jonesy said:

I, like many more people than I think you appreciate, have continued to see some friends and family throughout the pandemic.

More or less everyone I know has continued to see family members, especially the second time around.

CavySlaveJambo
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They will be offered it is a big reason but probably because some of vaccine passport stuff is likely to come to fruition. New employment contracts likely to have vaccines as conditions, being vaccinated it appears will allow you to travel either o country or with airlines.

Cruises are definitely requiring the vaccine or are strongly considering it (they are looking into the legalities of it right now) 

CavySlaveJambo
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Quantas have said it will be a requirement.

Greece and Israel are going to trial restriction free travel for vaccinated people between countries. Whilst are also talking to the U.K. about similar.

Whether you agree with it or not  It seems being vaccinated will be a requirement for doing many things in the new normal world.

It makes sense. 
it is either than or face lockdown after lockdown and long term restrictions until SARS-CoV2 gets the mutations to become a common cold. 

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So when do we reckon lockdown will finish?

End of March? Mid-April?

I think it'll be closer to June. By then the most at risk should have been double dosed up and everyone else should have had atleast their first.

Relative normality by then with some minor restrictions still in place as the tail end of the vaccinations are done.

End of March and into April will see the start of things being opened up though. 

Contrary to the utter pish that the 'critical thinker' rambles,  further vaccine unfriendly variants are more likely when the residual reservoir of virus remains higher as opposed to lower.  The vast majority of competent science accepts this principle.  That's the main reason why it will be desirable to immunise as many people as possible,  regardless of age and individual susceptibility.  

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

End of March? Mid-April?

If we came out of lockdown at the same pace as last year, then for most activities (excluding mass gatherings) it would be end April / early May (end June / early July last year).  However, with a stated intention to be more cautious this time round, I think we will be looking at the same sort of time frame as last year.

The only  way I can see it easing earlier is a rapid reduction in hospital cases and deaths, virtually to zero, resulting from the vaccine roll out.  Public opinion will eventually break the government's will if there is no scientific reason for sustaining restrictions.  The May election may also act as a trigger point for the easing of some restrictions around the end of April.

I think the governments will start a phased unlock quite soon.  They're under pressure from a degree of public opinion but more importantly from various industries.  At a national level,  the Tory backbench career agitators as well.  The unlock will happen quite quickly after the schools are returned but it's going to involve very high surveillance and a hand hovering over the reverse button at all times.  

22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

End of March? Mid-April?

What year ??? 

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Contrary to the utter pish that the 'critical thinker' rambles,  further vaccine unfriendly variants are more likely when the residual reservoir of virus remains higher as opposed to lower.  The vast majority of competent science accepts this principle.  That's the main reason why it will be desirable to immunise as many people as possible,  regardless of age and individual susceptibility.  

It's a communist conspiracy. 

😄

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Great posting . Yes there is certainly people been horrendously effected by lockdowns in every way and then there are others who have embraced the cocoon of Govt taking over their lives and abdicating self responsibility . It’s a very safe existence for them and also very selfish . Trust in Govt , if there ever has been has vanished in my books  And many others . They have lied time and again to keep lockdowns in place. The worse part is the lack of positive ness from the Scottish Govt in particular . As you rightly state what will be the parameters of the “ new normal “ which would ensure we do not have another lockdown again . The games up the pole for the Govt now . Vaccine those most in need , open up fully .let people live again and attempt to repair their broken lives .  It’ll be a seasonal issue and we will need to accept a certain level of deaths which will probably be low due to the most vulnerable vaccinated . 

It wasn't a great post it was a completely inaccurate assumption that somehow I didn't mind being in lockdown. Nobody is enjoying any of this. Utter pish. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It wasn't a great post it was a completely inaccurate assumption that somehow I didn't mind being in lockdown. Nobody is enjoying any of this. Utter pish. 

Indeed.  It takes a special type of numbskull to characterise those in agreement with the necessity of the rules as actively welcoming the rules.  The sort of person who has roughly a 50% success rate of putting their socks on before their shoes.

Brighton Jambo
32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think the governments will start a phased unlock quite soon.  They're under pressure from a degree of public opinion but more importantly from various industries.  At a national level,  the Tory backbench career agitators as well.  The unlock will happen quite quickly after the schools are returned but it's going to involve very high surveillance and a hand hovering over the reverse button at all times.  

I think this is right.  There is a real sense that the public mood has shifted already and will really start to intensify once even more people are vaccinated and the weather starts to improve.  

Anecdotally I have noticed a real shift in the view of multiple family members and friends who all last year were super cautious and who now are agitating for things to open up.  

You also mention politics and that will play a big part as the Scottish election will be a potential platform whereby people get to have their say how many restrictions we want to live with as it’s becoming increasingly clear different parties have very different views.  

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I think this is right.  There is a real sense that the public mood has shifted already and will really start to intensify once even more people are vaccinated and the weather starts to improve.  

Anecdotally I have noticed a real shift in the view of multiple family members and friends who all last year were super cautious and who now are agitating for things to open up.  

You also mention politics and that will play a big part as the Scottish election will be a potential platform whereby people get to have their say how many restrictions we want to live with as it’s becoming increasingly clear different parties have very different views.  

I suspect that the Scottish and English road out of lockdown will be very similar which removes it as a political potato.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Mrs JH tested positive yesterday so I got tested

Positive result today. So far a combination of manflu and the shits.

Best wishes to you both for a speedy recovery. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Get better soon, JH. :thumb:

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes I think you're right.  I anticipate parties identifying and occupying particular niches regarding how it all unfolds and to what timetable.  If they're responsible then they would only campaign on a particular ticket of opposing government strategy if their alternative is supported by legitimate scientific opinion,  at least of an equal standing to that followed by the government.  Alternatives entirely separate from scientific advice would be irresponsible and opportunistic.

Edited by Victorian

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes I think you're right.  I anticipate parties identifying and occupying particular niches regarding how it all unfolds and to what timetable.  If they're responsible then they would only campain on a particular ticket of opposing government strategy if their alternative is supported by legitimate scientific opinion,  at least of an equal standing to that followed by the government.  Alternatives entirely separate from scientific advice would be irresponsible and opportunistic.

Yeah I hope that too.  I think a big area they will diverge is on foreign and domestic travel and the need or not for quarantine hotels for all countries.  

It was also interesting to hear Sadiq Kahn saying last week how much he is looking forward to welcome Scotland fans down to England for the Euro game against England.  I can’t imagine that is in line with current SG planning.  

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, LMc said:

Israel now starting to ease restrictions as the vaccination roll out continues and proves effective.

And this is the lead we are likely to follow.

They are about to hit 50% vaccinated and this has brought about the following being allowed to open

- shops, libraries and museums can open but social distancing and masks are still required.

- people are now able to enter shopping malls and tourist attractions such as zoos.

- gyms, hotels and synagogues are open again

You require a "green passport", a certificate that can only be obtained once you have been vaccinated.

Crowds are now allowed back at concerts and sporting events have reopened at 75% capacity but they have a cap of no more than 300 people inside and 500 outside.

Israel's airports will remain closed for another two weeks.

Although, he's obviously not as well qualified as some of the "experts" on here, Dr Lee explains why lockdown may have prevented Covid mutating in to the milder form that  it would, naturally,  be expected to do. Hopefully even the most deluded will follow the science.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/covids-metamorphosis-has-lockdown-made-the-virus-more-deadly

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I completely agree with this.

An elimination strategy with a proper test track and trace system is the only sure way to ensure no major ICU spikes, lesser risk of mutations that could impact vaccine efficacy and a further lockdown.

In addition, the 'vaccinate the vulnerable then open up' supporters might want to pay attention to the below.

I think we've already reached the point of significant long term health impacts and rehabilitation because of covid and to my mind, it would be reckless to open up too soon until we really get a handle on how many people this is going to affect.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

A friend of mine got covid test on Saturday and apparently “ positive “ she was hoping to get emergency dental care on Thursday but was declined due to covid status . She was then taken by ambulance to a and e . The paramedic did some tests on her and he told her it was almost impossible that she could have tested positive for covid on Saturday due to her healthy blood tests / etc which he did in the ambulance . Sorry I can’t remember the actual tests but I think it was to do with her white blood cells 

Hope she's OK, James . It does show you how unreliable the PCR tests are and how the obsession with "cases" has medical implications for those affected by "less important " illnesses. 

Scottish numbers: 21 February 2021

Summary

• 827 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+24]
  • 17,955 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.5% of these were positive [-1,927; +0.9%]
  • 5 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-24]
  • 99 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 1,132 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-22]
  • 1,431,942 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 35,479 have received their second dose [+19,299; +2,006]

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I completely agree with this.

An elimination strategy with a proper test track and trace system is the only sure way to ensure no major ICU spikes, lesser risk of mutations that could impact vaccine efficacy and a further lockdown.

In addition, the 'vaccinate the vulnerable then open up' supporters might want to pay attention to the below.

I think we've already reached the point of significant long term health impacts and rehabilitation because of covid and to my mind, it would be reckless to open up too soon until we really get a handle on how many people this is going to affect.

There are as many scientists and medical experts who say a elimination strategy won’t work as there are that say it would.  

I have been very critical of the Scottish Government but I am pleased they have  shifted away from the elimination approach is it simply wouldn’t have worked here.   Credit where it’s due.  

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Although, he's obviously not as well qualified as some of the "experts" on here, Dr Lee explains why lockdown may have prevented Covid mutating in to the milder form that  it would, naturally,  be expected to do. Hopefully even the most deluded will follow the science.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/covids-metamorphosis-has-lockdown-made-the-virus-more-deadly

He makes a fair point about concentration of the virus in hospitals,  but surely the line that spreading the disease throughout the population i.e. herd immunity has been blown out of the water in any country that has eased restrictions too soon causing spikes in deaths,  ICU's to fill up and thousands of people with long term health conditions?

Are there any examples, bearing in mind this article was May last year, of his claims on herd immunity leading to a milder form of the virus in any country without huge health impacts?

Or is he saying there is some kind of mortality acceptance we need to accept to balance off the health negatives from lockdown?

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Positive result today. So far a combination of manflu and the shits.

Hope you both get better soon JH

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

This is typical of your zombie-like confirmation bias.  Discard the vast majority consensus because it challenges and jeopardises your existing view.  Elevate a tiny minority view to represent 'the science' as it tends to support your existing view.  In addition,  fail or choose not to consider the underlying motive of such a small minority and contrary opinion.

To you 'the science' is anything that reinforces what you choose to believe,  regardless of the quality and volume of it.  You call it critical thinking.  More and more posters are beginning to see that it barely qualifies as thinking.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There are as many scientists and medical experts who say a elimination strategy won’t work as there are that say it would.  

I have been very critical of the Scottish Government but I am pleased they have  shifted away from the elimination approach is it simply wouldn’t have worked here.   Credit where it’s due.  

Why wouldn't it have worked bearing in mind we had driven down the transmission rate substantially last summer?

I'm not denying it would have been harder than NZ but why impossible?

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wouldn't be the first time this guy has talked shite

https://fullfact.org/health/covid-deaths-winter-2020-talkradio/

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     19 Feb 18 Feb 17 Feb 16 Feb 15 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     103 105 -2   106 105 108 102 103 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 214 217 -3   234 233 214 187 196 ... 60
West Lothian 4 3 203 231 -28   215 198 192 177 164 ... 83
Clackmannanshire 4 3 188 198 -10   213 221 231 233 229 ... 148
East Ayrshire 4 3 186 210 -24   238 278 331 312 319 ... 153
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 182 184 -2   202 205 228 219 227 ... 120
North Lanarkshire 4 3 179 172 +7   175 166 170 146 149 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 154 164 -10   162 173 183 168 159 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 137 150 -13   158 158 163 157 159 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 135 118 +17   111 105 110 107 97 ... 136
Glasgow City 4 3 130 132 -2   134 130 137 131 133 ... 129
North Ayrshire 4 3 128 124 +4   126 122 132 134 135 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 127 130 -3   138 138 147 141 146 ... 120
East Renfrewshire 4 3 118 137 -19   136 111 106 103 109 ... 101
Edinburgh City 4 3 89 84 +5   79 75 69 62 60 ... 109
East Lothian 4 3 89 78 +11   74 70 66 63 58 ... 148
Fife 4 3 73 71 +2   67 70 60 62 56 ... 97
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 72 71 +1   67 64 67 56 69 ... 70
Moray 4 1 68 62 +6   64 71 75 75 67 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 4 3 63 56 +7   64 64 56 59 55 ... 126
South Ayrshire 4 3 60 64 -4   66 59 63 67 72 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 57 54 +3   62 84 94 100 104 ... 59
Highland 4/3 1 54 52 +2   51 53 61 56 58 ... 17
Crocodile Dundee 4 3 53 53 0   53 50 43 40 38 ... 113
Angus 4 2 52 52 0   57 55 54 53 53 ... 37
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 52 56 -4   51 49 64 70 73 ... 32
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 52 64 -12   67 109 105 112 116 ... 22
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 50 50 0   56 61 45 50 68 ... 29
Scottish Borders 4 1 40 38 +2   30 28 31 27 29 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 31 34 -3   40 37 40 40 45 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 26 30 -4   35 32 36 33 35 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   9 18 22 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 4 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     18743 18151 +592   18490 17912 18318 17622 17424 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.0 5.2 -0.2   5.2 5.4 5.4 5.3 5.4 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1172 1215 -43   1256 1290 1322 1352 1384 ... 975
ICU     99 100 -1   101 104 106 108 109 ... 50
Deaths     34 33 +1   36 41 40 38 39 ... 25
All Vaccinations     32766 36952 -4186   41139 45314 48864 52109 56064    
1st Dose     29738 34171 -4433   38932 43746 47786 51412 55481    
2nd Dose     3028 2781 +247   2207 1568 1078 697 583    

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Hope you and the Mrs are back to shitting solids soon, bud. 👍

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This is typical of your zombie-like confirmation bias.  Discard the vast majority consensus because it challenges and jeopardises your existing view.  Elevate a tiny minority view to represent 'the science' as it tends to support your existing view.  In addition,  fail or choose not to consider the underlying motive of such a small minority and contrary opinion.

To you 'the science' is anything that reinforces what you choose to believe,  regardless of the quality and volume of it.  You call it critical thinking.  More and more posters are beginning to see that it barely qualifies as thinking.

It's amazing that he accepts the pontificating of a retired pathologist as being correct but dismisses anything from Prof Devi Shridar - a person with access to all of the information and data and who is far more qualified. 

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's amazing that he accepts the pontificating of a retired pathologist as being correct but dismisses anything from Prof Devi Shridar - a person with access to all of the information and data and who is far more qualified. 

Amazing it is not.  It's entirely symptomatic of his non-functional rationale.  A scorching case of confirmation bias.  If Daffy Duck appeared on the telly in a lab coat and said something he liked,  Professor Daffy would become 'the science'.  

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Amazing it is not.  It's entirely symptomatic of his non-functional rationale.  A scorching case of confirmation bias.  If Daffy Duck appeared on the telly in a lab coat and said something he liked,  Professor Daffy would become 'the science'.  

:lol: 

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why wouldn't it have worked bearing in mind we had driven down the transmission rate substantially last summer?

I'm not denying it would have been harder than NZ but why impossible?

I didn’t say it was impossible and I don’t think many scientists said that either.

What they have said is that with the level of infection we have in Europe and circulating in the UK combined with the interconnected, global nature of the UK compared to those countries (NZ, Australia) and the fact that this far into the pandemic with vaccine roll out professing so well people just wouldn’t accept the severity and extended nature of restrictions to follow an elimination strategy.

It’s not that it doesn’t work but it’s more that that particular ship has sailed for the UK.  

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     19 Feb 18 Feb 17 Feb 16 Feb 15 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     103 105 -2   106 105 108 102 103 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 214 217 -3   234 233 214 187 196 ... 60
West Lothian 4 3 203 231 -28   215 198 192 177 164 ... 83
Clackmannanshire 4 3 188 198 -10   213 221 231 233 229 ... 148
East Ayrshire 4 3 186 210 -24   238 278 331 312 319 ... 153
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 182 184 -2   202 205 228 219 227 ... 120
North Lanarkshire 4 3 179 172 +7   175 166 170 146 149 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 154 164 -10   162 173 183 168 159 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 137 150 -13   158 158 163 157 159 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 135 118 +17   111 105 110 107 97 ... 136
Glasgow City 4 3 130 132 -2   134 130 137 131 133 ... 129
North Ayrshire 4 3 128 124 +4   126 122 132 134 135 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 127 130 -3   138 138 147 141 146 ... 120
East Renfrewshire 4 3 118 137 -19   136 111 106 103 109 ... 101
Edinburgh City 4 3 89 84 +5   79 75 69 62 60 ... 109
East Lothian 4 3 89 78 +11   74 70 66 63 58 ... 148
Fife 4 3 73 71 +2   67 70 60 62 56 ... 97
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 72 71 +1   67 64 67 56 69 ... 70
Moray 4 1 68 62 +6   64 71 75 75 67 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 4 3 63 56 +7   64 64 56 59 55 ... 126
South Ayrshire 4 3 60 64 -4   66 59 63 67 72 ... 98
Inverclyde 4 2 57 54 +3   62 84 94 100 104 ... 59
Highland 4/3 1 54 52 +2   51 53 61 56 58 ... 17
Crocodile Dundee 4 3 53 53 0   53 50 43 40 38 ... 113
Angus 4 2 52 52 0   57 55 54 53 53 ... 37
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 52 56 -4   51 49 64 70 73 ... 32
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 52 64 -12   67 109 105 112 116 ... 22
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 50 50 0   56 61 45 50 68 ... 29
Scottish Borders 4 1 40 38 +2   30 28 31 27 29 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 31 34 -3   40 37 40 40 45 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 26 30 -4   35 32 36 33 35 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   9 18 22 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 4 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     18743 18151 +592   18490 17912 18318 17622 17424 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.0 5.2 -0.2   5.2 5.4 5.4 5.3 5.4 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1172 1215 -43   1256 1290 1322 1352 1384 ... 975
ICU     99 100 -1   101 104 106 108 109 ... 50
Deaths     34 33 +1   36 41 40 38 39 ... 25
All Vaccinations     32766 36952 -4186   41139 45314 48864 52109 56064    
1st Dose     29738 34171 -4433   38932 43746 47786 51412 55481    
2nd Dose     3028 2781 +247   2207 1568 1078 697 583    

👍

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We'll soon find out how much Devi knows. Ease restrictions in March, back in lockdown by April was it? We're about to find out how that plays out given the rumoured content of Monday's upcoming announcement.

Edited by Taffin

20 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Ahhh yes, but the great critical-thinking minds on the forum are free from the restrictive choke-hold of science, facts, evidence and reality.

:hypno: 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We'll soon find out how much Devi knows. Ease restrictions in March, back in lockdown by April was it? We're about to find out how that plays out given the rumoured content of Monday's upcoming announcement.

Link? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic