Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s great how much I irritate you.  Almost literally every time I post you are there desperate to be negative and pick an argument.  

Living rent free in your sad, twisted, pathetic mind makes me laugh.  Periodically I read your replies to see if it is still happening and you never let me down.

Literally only you could think the lowest case numbers in months isn’t good news. 

Joking aside the fact that you clearly take such pleasure in the death rate in England is sick and twisted. You are the most disgusting person on this thread by a mile which is why you are blocked by so many.  

Ooooft thats some shade.....

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Don't follow your point there?

Link to ONS figures below. Personally think this should be getting a lot more attention.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandlifeexpectancies/adhocs/12788updatedestimatesoftheprevalenceoflongcovidsymptoms

my point was " discharged alive"...Never heard of being " discharged dead" 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

:cornette:

When in doubt, fire in with a GIF, U.K. gov messed up big time causing thousands of deaths, weren’t satisfied with that and opened up early with ‘Eat out to help out’ then didn’t lockdown despite warnings in September from many more than just Devi, it’s beyond me the defences people put up for the negligence but fire on.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

When in doubt, fire in with a GIF, U.K. gov messed up big time causing thousands of deaths, weren’t satisfied with that and opened up early with ‘Eat out to help out’ then didn’t lockdown despite warnings in September from many more than just Devi, it’s beyond me the defences people put up for the negligence but fire on.

I don’t think many people would disagree that the UK has not handled this pandemic as they should have done.  It’s the fact you used the word ‘murdered’ that most people don’t agree with.  

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ooooft thats some shade.....

my point was " discharged alive"...Never heard of being " discharged dead" 

Ha ha never noticed that.

It's certainly my preferred state of discharge.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t think many people would disagree that the UK has not handled this pandemic as they should have done.  It’s the fact you used the word ‘murdered’ that most people don’t agree with.  

It was used perhaps over dramatically but in response to a claim “ At UK level, it is accepted that the elimination strategy is flawed. Panic stricken lockdowns would be required every time someone sneezes”

I was pointing out that @ U.K. level maybe wasn’t a glowing example.

5 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

You could equally apply your terminology to Sturgeon and her care homes policy. She will be facing so many inquiries into her behaviour, lies and actions she won't know whether it's New York or New Year. Even Magical Devi won't be able to save her. But concentrate on UK bashing. 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

What about the people who have lost family members that live in Scotland?

Were they murdered by Sturgeon and Freeman?

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm struggling to work out what was going through your head when you posted there.

England's case figures provide excellent news. That's a fact. Quite how that "clutches at straws", I don't know. Why it provoked death comparisons between countries, only you can answer that.  

We are on the way out of this and lockdowns will soon end. Some people seem genuinely disappointed by that, but the cossetting, the furlough, the podium platitudes, the big state comfort blanket....it's all coming to an end. Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news 

Proof that you're impaired in some form.  You don't own the wish for it all to end as your personal property.  The constant dog whistle bleating that others want all this in their lives is very low behaviour.  As usual you haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

It was used perhaps over dramatically but in response to a claim “ At UK level, it is accepted that the elimination strategy is flawed. Panic stricken lockdowns would be required every time someone sneezes”

I was pointing out that @ U.K. level maybe wasn’t a glowing example.

Yes, I agree, at UK level, the way it's been handled has been terrible.  None of the countries have handled it well. But, an elimination strategy is flawed if rUK are not following it too. It may be OK for Australia and NZ who are in the back of beyond. For the UK it's impossible given our reliance on tourism and business travel. Heathrow is one of the principal hubs in the world.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Proof that you're impaired in some form.  You don't own the wish for it all to end as your personal property.  The constant dog whistle bleating that others want all this in their lives is very low behaviour.  As usual you haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about.

You and your views were discredited on here a long time ago. But this latest rambling takes the biscuit.  I'll leave you to it, thanks.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree, at UK level, the way it's been handled has been terrible.  None of the countries have handled it well. But, an elimination strategy is flawed if rUK are not following it too. It may be OK for Australia and NZ who are in the back of beyond. For the UK it's impossible given our reliance on tourism and business travel. Heathrow is one of the principal hubs in the world.

I disagree on the basis if we had been brave enough to follow OZ and NZ, what we lost in tourism could have been made up by internal tourism and being back to some internal normality re pubs football etc, think most of us are going to have to suffer a while of no International travel even now, the cycle of open shut open shut has cost all of us a lot more than the extra few weeks hard shutdown in the summer would have cost along with stricter border control at that time.

2 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

I disagree on the basis if we had been brave enough to follow OZ and NZ, what we lost in tourism could have been made up by internal tourism and being back to some internal normality re pubs football etc, think most of us are going to have to suffer a while of no International travel even now, the cycle of open shut open shut has cost all of us a lot more than the extra few weeks hard shutdown in the summer would have cost along with stricter border control at that time.

Yes, possibly, had we tried it last year, we may well have been back to normal now. I don't think it will work now though and how many people will accept no international travel? In or out.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, possibly, had we tried it last year, we may well have been back to normal now. I don't think it will work now though and how many people will accept no international travel? In or out.

Sadly, I agree it’s unlikely to work now, but dependant on how low we get it in next few weeks (I think it will jump up as Kids go back to school, hope I am wrong) we should consider trying it, but in reality it will only have a chance if it’s U.K. wide. As far as International flights are concerned folk won’t have a choice if the airports are shut, cannae wait for a holiday, but one week abroad or half a season at Tynecastle no matter how bad we are, I know what I want 😉

3 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

Sadly, I agree it’s unlikely to work now, but dependant on how low we get it in next few weeks (I think it will jump up as Kids go back to school, hope I am wrong) we should consider trying it, but in reality it will only have a chance if it’s U.K. wide. As far as International flights are concerned folk won’t have a choice if the airports are shut, cannae wait for a holiday, but one week abroad or half a season at Tynecastle no matter how bad we are, I know what I want 😉

😂. Yes, I agree, no choice.....but what about the European trips the following season🍺

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm struggling to work out what was going through your head when you posted there.

England's case figures provide excellent news. That's a fact. Quite how that "clutches at straws", I don't know. Why it provoked death comparisons between countries, only you can answer that.  

We are on the way out of this and lockdowns will soon end. Some people seem genuinely disappointed by that, but the cossetting, the furlough, the podium platitudes, the big state comfort blanket....it's all coming to an end. Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news 

Might have been something to do with your rubbishing of our (Scotland's) scientific advice and scientists.

It clutches at straws because it is presented as good news and good news as a result of the UK gov since it is a UK figure. Our relative position (UK'S but primarily England's) has worsened at a time when we are being told it is getting better. 

We could be on our way out too but if past performance is anything to go by we will be back in again. Blanket opening of schools too soon risks this happening.

Actually England has the worst death rate of any country in the world this despite furlough, cossetting and the big state comfort blanket. We are shackled to them for the time being at least  and yet where we have the leverage we have shown that we can manage it better. I realise criticism of England and the UK hurts you but you can't deny the facts, can you?

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. Yes, I agree, no choice.....but what about the European trips the following season🍺

We have always had great supports away in Europe and after missing out for a while and then all this shite, we better get a team with a big stadium as we will take thousands and you are on the bell ! 🍺

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

We have always had great supports away in Europe and after missing out for a while and then all this shite, we better get a team with a big stadium as we will take thousands and you are on the bell ! 🍺

Faroes, nap.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Ha ha never noticed that.

It's certainly my preferred state of discharge.

Lol 😂 

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Mrs JH tested positive yesterday so I got tested

Positive result today. So far a combination of manflu and the shits.

Get well soon. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Academia is a dog-eat-dog, competitive industry. Department politics can be horrific, but I guess anywhere there are big egos is the same.

The amount of arse licking, sniping, back stabbing, and thunder stealing that goes on puts the building trade to shame. :lol:

I worked with biologists for 12 years; should have seen the annual get together to divvy up the cash.  After the first few, I just got bored of it all.

URGENT NOTICE !
This happened yesterday and is important information for my age group.
A friend had his 1st dose of the vaccine at the Pyramids vaccination centre, after which he began to have blurred vision on the way home.
When he got home, he called the vaccination centre for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor, or be hospitalised.
He was asked to go back to the vaccination centre  immediately as he had left his glasses behind.

The part I find hard to follow is:

- The UK government awful, bad terrible handling of the pandemic

But,

- Follow their rules, stick to the guidance etc 

Are they clueless buffoons or aren't they? You can't on one hand say they are idiots but also say do what they say, it seems at odds with itself.

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, weegranty said:

URGENT NOTICE !
A friend had his 1st dose of the vaccine at the Pyramids vaccination centre, after which he began to have blurred vision on the way home.
When he got home, he called the vaccination centre for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor, or be hospitalised.
He was asked to go back to the vaccination centre  immediately as he had left his glasses behind.

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The bigger picture with shutting airports is that it goes beyond simply folk wanting their fortnight in Tenerife. There is a massive chunk of the UK population with family abroad. Then there are people who need to travel abroad for work - the added value of them being in country, as opposed to being on the end of the Skype call - could make or break their jobs. The time and cost of quarantine is prohibitive for most people's trips - personal and business - to be viable (and that's even if you can get into the other country).

Sadly, this vaguely populist 'close the borders and we'll allow you to go for a beer again' approach seems to have convinced many.

I want the other trade off. Keep the pubs, sports direct and (I know this one will rustle your jimmies 😂) schools closed and open up foreign travel. Then I can go on holiday and do all the things that are closed here anyway but in the sun 🌞🌞 👌👌

Edited by Taffin

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, weegranty said:

URGENT NOTICE !

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I want the other trade off. Keep the pubs, sports direct and (I know this one will rustle your jimmies 😂) schools closed and open up foreign travel. Then I can go on holiday and do all the things that are closed here anyway 👌👌

Boooooooo!

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I realise criticism of England and the UK hurts you but you can't deny the facts, can you?

He's been denying facts since March last year. 

Jeffros Furios

Not on topic . . But I have to say I find Dr Devi to be a rather attractive woman .

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The part I find hard to follow is:

- The UK government awful, bad terrible handling of the pandemic

But,

- Follow their rules, stick to the guidance etc 

Are they clueless buffoons or aren't they? You can't on one hand say they are idiots but also say do what they say, it seems at odds with itself.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious. Bizarre comment 

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's been denying facts since March last year. 

Not sure there have been any "facts" since this whole, episode began. Apart from the fact that all the Tartan Tammies seem to have been brainwashed by the patronising,  podium pish that has come from the wee Ayrshire keelie. But she'll have to toe the line this week when the big boys call the shots. Messrs Johnson and Salmond will decide her next move for her.

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Not on topic . . But I have to say I find Dr Devi to be a rather attractive woman .

Quite agree. Good spot👍

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The bigger picture with shutting airports is that it goes beyond simply folk wanting their fortnight in Tenerife. There is a massive chunk of the UK population with family abroad. Then there are people who need to travel abroad for work - the added value of them being in country, as opposed to being on the end of the Skype call - could make or break their jobs. The time and cost of quarantine is prohibitive for most people's trips - personal and business - to be viable (and that's even if you can get into the other country).

Sadly, this vaguely populist 'close the borders and we'll allow you to go for a beer again' approach seems to have convinced many.

I see the bigger picture, I have a sister in Tenerife and one closer to home in the Isle of Man !

I can see neither, my sister in the IOM is living a normal life as IOM closed its borders with U.K. almost immediately and despite being a tiny island are coping internally.

Spain don’t want us to transmit COVID and don’t want us there and are far more dependent on tourism than us.

I don’t believe for one second the tiny percentage of people that NEED to travel abroad for work outweighs opening up the internal economy including retail and hospitality (not just pubs) this argument is largely used to allow the rich and powerful to travel freely whilst we are locked in our houses, so  don’t believe for a second I have fallen for the populist approach for the sake of a beer.

Doctor FinnBarr
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember that knob. A feckin vermin supporting tadger into the bargain.

Feckin tyre munching twat.

He started his training on bikers. For years the Motorcycle Action Group in Edinburgh had problems with him targeting us and car drivers sat back and laughed, wasn't so funny when he turned his attention onto them.

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember that knob. A feckin vermin supporting tadger into the bargain.

Feckin tyre munching twat.

Only you could describe him to a tee Jonno. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not sure there have been any "facts" since this whole, episode began. Apart from the fact that all the Tartan Tammies seem to have been brainwashed by the patronising,  podium pish that has come from the wee Ayrshire keelie. But she'll have to toe the line this week when the big boys call the shots. Messrs Johnson and Salmond will decide her next move for her.

:laugh2:

I don't know where you find all your energy. You're very consistent though.

36 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Now that's the type of non-herd thinking that's needed. Taff for PM!

I've made my peace with schools being closed. The kids have now learned how to mop the floors and do some basic cooking. In many ways, they've already surpassed the wife's achievements. If I can get the older one to order me one of those blow up dolls and the younger one to put the bins out, I'll probably be divorced by the summer.

😂😂

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

@Enzo Chiefo exudes the kind of righteous indignation most people should be displaying towards the attempt to steal the best part of a year of our lives from us.

Well said, Jonesy. Keep the flag flying!👍

Just now, jonesy said:

@Enzo Chiefo exudes the kind of righteous indignation most people should be displaying towards the attempt to steal the best part of a year of our lives from us.

Stopping the steal, one post at a time?

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wasn't saying you were, bud :) Although, not having been in a pub since October, I am not far away from falling for it myself.

I think the super-rich will have ways around most barriers to travel anyway, while the rest of us are stuck here, even if that costs us our jobs or means people miss out on significant life events.

Anyway, if you really want to see your sister on the Isle of Man, there's always the jet ski option...

You can imagine that joke has been used several times in our chats 😂😂, but they have shown it can be done.

My main point is that whilst most of us would love to travel, getting back to normal within our borders has to be the first step and if that means no flights in or out, I along with many others will just have to wait a while to see family, get a job abroad or just have a good old fashioned holiday.

Surely significant events within our borders are much more numerous than those abroad as is life in general.

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nice to hear from you pal. Enjoy the rest of your glue and have a pleasant evening. 😊

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But she'll have to toe the line this week when the big boys call the shots. Messrs Johnson and Salmond will decide her next move for her.

:smugger: 

11 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Nice to hear from you pal. Enjoy the rest of your glue and have a pleasant evening. 😊

You too pal. I'll stick to beer for now thanks🍺

2 hours ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

Yip, 1st round's on me 3Bc. Hopefully somewhere cheap😂

Doctor FinnBarr
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I seem to remember the smarmy twat got a high powered job in London. 

It may have been linked to their congestion charge but I may be wrong. 

Didn't he also become a Professor ?

Professor Prick.

No idea about the 1st 3 lines but the 4th is certainly correct, twat was into push bikes but didn't seem to mind jumping onto planes to go here there and everywhere.

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As a Libra and all round good egg, I'm usually pretty good at seeing other people's points of view. I understand, but don't agree with Tory voters, religious folk, communists, right-wing Americans, people who think female comedians are funny and even my mother in law. But, despite my enlightened free-thinking, or perhaps because of it, I cannot fathom those who unquestioningly comply with the arbitrary decrees imposed on a hitherto largely free people in the UK, Western Europe, Australasia, and the US.

I think you'll find that contrary to everything you have just imagined about yourself there that you are, in fact, off your rocker and a slavering teapot. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think you'll find that contrary to everything you have just imagined about yourself there that you are, in fact, off your rocker and a slavering teapot. 

Not sure if I've had the "pleasure" of being abused (not in the literal sense of course) by you, might have, just not sure but why do you hurl abuse at folks that don't agree with you?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic