Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

19 minutes ago, Hesh said:

scot gov page has Edinburgh 7 day rate at 58.7 (6-12th)

They use the sample date to calculate their 7-day figures, I use reporting date. You'll find there's not much difference between them, and I certainly wouldn't split hairs between a handful of percentage points, but the figures by reporting date are more up-to-date and don't get modified after the fact if there have been reporting delays (which is why the stats based on sample date are always behind, to try and hoover up all the samples on a given date).

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not long to go now, folks. We're getting there and I'm looking forward to a right good bucket at the boozers. 

Renfrewshire a nap to be last out of quarantine. ;)

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Renfrewshire a nap to be last out of quarantine. ;)

I'm of the opinion now, once the vulnerable are vaccinated, let's go for it and put the vaccine to the test. 

It looks like the vaccine is taking effect in the care homes. 650 down to 150 in over a week. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

They use the sample date to calculate their 7-day figures, I use reporting date. You'll find there's not much difference between them, and I certainly wouldn't split hairs between a handful of percentage points, but the figures by reporting date are more up-to-date and don't get modified after the fact if there have been reporting delays (which is why the stats based on sample date are always behind, to try and hoover up all the samples on a given date).

👍

Weakened Offender

Worth remembering that this time last year Bodybag-Boris was on his holipops as the R number in London was higher than 3. 😬

FB_IMG_1613419379953.jpg

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Worth remembering that this time last year Bodybag-Boris was on his holipops as the R number in London was higher than 3. 😬

FB_IMG_1613419379953.jpg

Hopefully he had such a good time that he thinks it worth opening up soon to do the same again 🤞🤞👍👍

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hopefully he had such a good time that he thinks it worth opening up soon to do the same again 🤞🤞👍👍

Defo. The sooner the better.

Back to live bands at the weekends down at Haggy like last summer.

Meanwhile in Scotland, even background music was banned

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

For those interested Scotland overtook England in the First Dose Vaccinated league table with yesterday’s numbers!!!

Let the seethe begin from the usual suspects. :)

Weakened Offender
47 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'd rather be in a pub without beer than a pub in Haggerston Castle. 😁

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Along with alcohol no doubt.

Nucky Thompson
35 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'd rather be in a pub without beer 

There's a good chance your wish will be granted :biggrin2:

SectionDJambo

I went along to the Royal Highland Centre at Ingliston yesterday to get my jab. Very easy to get to and very well signposted.

Very well organised. Polite guys at the gate to show you where to park and walk to. Once inside, giving them your mobile number and appointment letter, then into a small queue for the jab.

Army medic gave me the jab with any questions answered by him. The jab itself was hardly felt, then a 15 wait before leaving to get back to the car.

Pfizer jab.

A good experience.

Edited by SectionDJambo

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I went along to the Royal Highland Centre at Ingliston yesterday to get my jab. Very easy to get to and very well signposted.

Very well organised. Polite guys at the gate to show you where to park and walk to. Once inside, giving them your mobile number and appointment letter, then into a small queue for the jab.

Army medic gave me the jab with any questions answered by him. The jab itself was hardly felt, then a 15 wait before leaving to get back to the car.

Pfizer jab.

A good experience.

👍

The protocol seems to be generally good at these centres. 

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why is Ireland exempt? Doesn't make any sense.

Seems to be the Common travel area. Massive loophole I doubt sturgeon will be able to shut. 

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyone know if we can expect any further update on kids returning to school. I expect we will get confirmation about the early years but wondered if anything else to be announced.

I was told yesterday to expect a blended learning model for the rest of the kids. 

Can’t lie my boy is finding this really hard being away from his friends and social interactions. There really needs to be a plan emerging around this stuff. The jam  tomorrow needs to deliver a reward at some point or it was in itself pointless and damaging. 

People, not least the kids need some form of hope. Despite numbers moving in right direction and vaccines numbers increasing we are given little or no hope as the mood music is restrictions continue well Ito 2022 seems to be the latest estimate.😞

Totally agree. My 8 year old is like a different girl.  Feeling it for her big time.

Announcement today I believe.

Edited by Byyy The Light

23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyone know if we can expect any further update on kids returning to school. I expect we will get confirmation about the early years but wondered if anything else to be announced.

I was told yesterday to expect a blended learning model for the rest of the kids. 

Can’t lie my boy is finding this really hard being away from his friends and social interactions. There really needs to be a plan emerging around this stuff. The jam  tomorrow needs to deliver a reward at some point or it was in itself pointless and damaging. 

People, not least the kids need some form of hope. Despite numbers moving in right direction and vaccines numbers increasing we are given little or no hope as the mood music is restrictions continue well Ito 2022 seems to be the latest estimate.😞

I'm the in a similar position to you. My youngest is P7. Missed out on school camps, all his football and rugby and hanging with friends etc. I've seen a change in him over the last year and I really worry about the long term effect that this is having on kids.

Edited by pablo

22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s a shame about your boy . Can’t you arrange for him to meet friends outside , socially distanced ? Even for an hour a day ? Might brighten his mood . My neice wee One is 9 and yes a lovely wee lad . But he is beginning to get restless and listless due to missing school . My neice is a great mom and tries to mix things up and make learning interesting at home though . Hope that they get all kids back full time . 

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm the in a similar position to you. My youngest is P7. Missed out on school camps, all his football and rugby and hanging with friends etc. I've seen a change in him over the last year and I really worry about the long term affects that this is having on kids.

Yes this is my concern too , who knows the long term impact ? But children are resilient so hopefully nothing too damaging to their psyche or outlook to life 

manaliveits105

If they didnt board but booked next day to Heathrow for £700 they saved £1000 and didnt have to stay in a hotel for 10 days apparently 

41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I hope so too but I wouldn’t hold your breath. There is a stark difference in my younger two, heartbreaking to see. The rush to get nursery and p1’s back is mind boggling imo. P6/7’s and exam age children should be first through the door if it was to be staggered returns. I get that might be viewed as being selfish but I can’t see how they aren’t the most important ages needing a return to school. 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If they didnt board but booked next day to Heathrow for £700 they saved £1000 and didnt have to stay in a hotel for 10 days apparently 

Cheers for that, 

Nucky Thompson
51 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If England open up for all ages on 8th March as expected, I'm pretty sure Sturgeon's hand will be forced and you'll see every kid back by then

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Which is why they should be made to quarantine in England before onward travel to Scotland. The loophole needs to be closed, looks grievance politics from the Westminster Government trying to show us who is boss!!

Ireland is also a loophole though. Any idea why the SG is not making any noise about that? 

And they are the boss when it comes to border control to be fair.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Ireland is also a loophole though. Any idea why the SG is not making any noise about that? 

And they are the boss when it comes to border control to be fair.

It’s due to there lack of action on border controls that we are in the mess we are in

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Which is why they should be made to quarantine in England before onward travel to Scotland. The loophole needs to be closed, looks grievance politics from the Westminster Government trying to show us who is boss!!

You want England to enforce Scottish government policies ? 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So it wasn't Sturgeon being political by doing something different to WM.

When it proves to be unworkable, she can then say her hands were tied due to not being independent from rUK

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My neice is a great mom and tries to mix things up and make learning interesting at home though .

:seething:

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:seething:

Oh well first posting on this since last week and already got someone “ seething “ yeeee Haa ! Lol I couldn’t be arsed correcting the spelling if you really want to know 

Edited by JamesM48

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not exactly the weather for meeting outside. Though when snow was here he did get to play with a few friends but it’s a million miles away from norm. no sleepovers, meeting up as-hoc, playing football or whatever.

Plus you are relying in other being ‘flexible’ round the rules. 

The boy is pretty sharp so BS’ing him about it will be over soon doesn’t work. I said to him the other day, ‘we’re another day closer to being out of this’ he responds ‘no we’re not there is no end date for this’’ 

It hard to argue with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

I suppose the positive thing is he us realistic  which can be good . but it’s nice when kids are still kids in some ways , I was surprised my neice wee one stlll believes in Santa Clause . I thought that was lovely as too often kids Grow up too fast esp ones never off their mobile tablets  etc . 

Edited by JamesM48

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You not locked up in hotel room somewhere? 

Hope it went ok with family especially your eldest lad 👍

I am locked up in a hotel somewhere. The view from my window is 'inspiring'. :(

The big one has been ok. Got video calls while in quarantine but the internet onboard will only be good enough for messages and hopefully photos.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh well first posting on this since last week and already got someone “ seething “ yeeee Haa ! Lol I couldn’t be arsed correcting the spelling if you really want to know 

:) That's one creeping Americanism that remains a particular jimmie rustler.

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

So for anyone wanting to get around the hotel quarantine restriction just book a flight via Ireland 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

This loophole has been obvious since the Scottish Government introduced their own restrictions. The idea of them successfully persuading the UK authorities to enforce Scottish rules upon someone’s arrival in England seems ludicrous and unlikely, never mind in getting Irish authorities to do similar. 

Nonsensical, ill-considered political grandstanding. 

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not exactly the weather for meeting outside. Though when snow was here he did get to play with a few friends but it’s a million miles away from norm. no sleepovers, meeting up as-hoc, playing football or whatever.

Plus you are relying in other being ‘flexible’ round the rules. 

The boy is pretty sharp so BS’ing him about it will be over soon doesn’t work. I said to him the other day, ‘we’re another day closer to being out of this’ he responds ‘no we’re not there is no end date for this’’ 

It hard to argue with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm thankful that mine are too young to really bear the brunt of this.

Best of luck to all of you with school age children that are having their lives turned inside out.

Fingers crossed they can get back soon and are robust enough put it all behind them.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well enjoy the sleep and hopefully it all goes as smoothly as possible, 

Fell asleep at half time in the Chelsea Newcastle game last night right through till half 5. Bliss! 👍

55 minutes ago, Peebo said:

This loophole has been obvious since the Scottish Government introduced their own restrictions. The idea of them successfully persuading the UK authorities to enforce Scottish rules upon someone’s arrival in England seems ludicrous and unlikely, never mind in getting Irish authorities to do similar. 

Nonsensical, ill-considered political grandstanding. 

Their stock-in-trade then.

Rodger Mellie
2 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

So for anyone wanting to get around the hotel quarantine restriction just book a flight via Ireland 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

From a selfish point of view, I’m pleasantly surprised with this news. I use the Aer Lingus service to fly to Scotland from the US. Its puts my mind at ease a little that in the case of an emergency, I can return without being stuck in a hotel for 10 days. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The big one has been ok. Got video calls while in quarantine but the internet onboard will only be good enough for messages and hopefully photos.

Believe me I hate the Americanisation. Of the British English just as annoying . 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Believe me I hate the Americanisation. Of the British English just as annoying . 

Footballfirst

I see that a judge in the Netherlands has ruled that their current curfew is unlawful. Their cabinet had used an emergency powers act to impose the curfew without reference to their parliament, but the judge ruled that the situation was not an emergency as such.

Edited by Footballfirst

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Wales, NI, England, Republic of Ireland and most of Europe as I understand are doing a red list approach.  But Scotland choose to go alone with its own approach and everyone else is to blame.  It’s is grievance politics but is the SG choosing an approach that is out is sync with everyone else and expecting them to change to suite them.  Tiresome and predictable from SG.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic