Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So you whine about austerity, despite governments having a duty to be austere, and debt. WOW. Just goes to prove there isn't such a thing as a free lunch. The chickens from the Barnett Consequential farm are now coming home to roost.

Governments do not have a duty to be austere. Typical tory attitude.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So you whine about austerity, despite governments having a duty to be austere, and debt. WOW. Just goes to prove there isn't such a thing as a free lunch. The chickens from the Barnett Consequential farm are now coming home to roost.

200 people in a soup kitchen Q in Glasgow George Square but thousands being spent on Indyref2 - £500k wasted by SG in Salmond episode - its the toaries !!

just wait till indy they will need a bigger bloody square 

Howdy Doody Jambo
52 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Has the SG given a date for road map out?

The SG are that lost they will need a sat nav to find the road 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Governments do not have a duty to be austere. Typical tory attitude.

With other people's money , yes they do. The meaning of the word "austere" has been conflated with "tooaaarry cutbacks". NHS procurement policy, for example, would benefit from a bit of austerity. It's true interpretation , in a financial sense, is to get value for money from the spending decisions they take. Avoiding spending 500k on a botched legal case that they knew they would lose would be a good start.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

With other people's money , yes they do. The meaning of the word "austere" has been conflated with "tooaaarry cutbacks". NHS procurement policy, for example, would benefit from a bit of austerity. It's true interpretation , in a financial sense, is to get value for money from the spending decisions they take. Avoiding spending 500k on a botched legal case that they knew they would lose would be a good start.

How about avoiding throwing hundreds of millions away with dodgy contracts for party doners and MPs' mates? 

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

She neither has nor wants one, EC. I've yet to see any evidence that Sturgeon is keen on returning the freedoms we all took for granted up until March last year. She hasn't articulated any thoughts on an exit strategy because it doesn't exist. That is, unless you count watching what Westminster do, tutting at it, and then doing something a little less positive.

Everyone sat safely at home on their devices, or at most away out for messages and/or a wee jog around the block, tuning into a daily update/PPB, staying out of pubs, football stadia and each others' houses: that's the lingering reality and a wet dream for the control freaks in charge. If this was happening in another country, most of the folk lapping up her bullshit - or at least, excusing it in the name of 'staying safe' and 'protecting the NHS' - would be mocking it or forwarding emails to promote petitions urging their elected reps to publicly condemn the tyranny.

Great posting 

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Did anyone follow restrictions at Xmas? I live in a cul-de-sac where we have an old witch that has members of her family visit every day since the 1st lockdown and a drug dealer who seem's to think lockdown is just for him to be able to punt more.

Yes well that’s one area of the economy which is thriving . Pity it’s not taxed 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Wow. Now I have full confirmation you're a unionist . Oh dear. 

Cause I stated a fact ? One can be critical of the SNP CV strategy and still want independence you know . They are not mutually exclusive to each other although judging by the numpty postings I see daily by Indy supporters I’m beginning to think there are heaps of dafties out there supporting the SNP no matter what . Next Scottish election I’ll be voting Labour as a thank you to the msp Labour guy who helped me with my NHS battles recently and as a protes vote about the SNP but in the next Westminster election I’ll be voting for my local MP Joanna cherry for a variety of reasons . 

30 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There is no road map for Scotland as she will wait for the UK one on the 22nd then will critique it, criticise it and find a way to adapt something similar but tweaked to inject more caution.  So predictable.

Next she will want to say she wants furlough extended knowing it won’t be, why? Simply to create yet another division and grievance with the UK government.  She knows the social and economic damage that’s being done but the opportunity to stoke grievance is just to great.  

Another example, she talked about elimination and a zero Covid policy yet this is not being pursued seriously but any other major European counties and she knows with the interconnected nature of the Uk and Europe it is not a realistic approach . Even the WHO don’t advocate that approach for Europe.  So of course it’s the one she advocates as again it creates a division with the UK.  

It’s as tiresome as it is predictable and watch the next few weeks.  That will be her playbook.  Even Wales are talking about opening up not our Nicola . 

Yes this is very accurate . There is never any hope in this daily briefings . However her fans cite her as being realistic and cautious but she’s just playing it by ear sitting on the fence 

24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

LOL the UK gov is 2 trillion in debt. 

That also includes Scotland then . Remember our Achilles heel at the last ref was the economy . It will now be our Achilles foot 

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She's in a politician's ideal situation.

Can claim credit for anything positive, while having the bogeymonster in London to blame for anything and everything that goes wrong.

Her after-the-fact criticism of the EOTHOS was as bare-faced as you could get, and yet, her buttoned-up-the-back supporters slapped their flippers together and barked like the trained circus animals they are.

Yes that really angered me when she criticised the eat out thing . Again just jumping on the band wagon . There really was no evidence that it created any spikes as such but just another kicking to the hospitality industry 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How about avoiding throwing hundreds of millions away with dodgy contracts for party doners and MPs' mates? 

I agree, equally as bad. But I'm not defending the UK govt at every turn.

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

How would you feel if it was a Cuba Libre rather than a pint? ;) 

10 year stretch and forced de-bawing for being caught on the spirits I believe.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that really angered me when she criticised the eat out thing . Again just jumping on the band wagon . There really was no evidence that it created any spikes as such but just another kicking to the hospitality industry 

Ah, eat out to help out. Halcyon days, really enjoyed making the most of that.

That said, I don't remember it coming with an order or a gun to the head to use it. Same as at Christmas, 'Boris killed everyone'...by suggesting they take decisions based on risk in their circumstances.

This whole thing has made me realise that it's not just authoritarian government that want to control people, so many people seem to actually want, and more frighteningly, need, the government to do their thinking, hold their hand and wipe their arse for them.

Staggering. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more naw voters imo.

😒😒🤨 

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Great posting 

Yes well that’s one area of the economy which is thriving . Pity it’s not taxed 

Cause I stated a fact ? One can be critical of the SNP CV strategy and still want independence you know . They are not mutually exclusive to each other although judging by the numpty postings I see daily by Indy supporters I’m beginning to think there are heaps of dafties out there supporting the SNP no matter what . Next Scottish election I’ll be voting Labour as a thank you to the msp Labour guy who helped me with my NHS battles recently and as a protes vote about the SNP but in the next Westminster election I’ll be voting for my local MP Joanna cherry for a variety of reasons . 

Yes this is very accurate . There is never any hope in this daily briefings . However her fans cite her as being realistic and cautious but she’s just playing it by ear sitting on the fence 

That also includes Scotland then . Remember our Achilles heel at the last ref was the economy . It will now be our Achilles foot 

Ooo lads , lassies and trees if you vote Yes you’ll wake up without an economy and your money will have disappeared overnight , vote no and you’ll still have your money in your bank accounts in the morning😏😉 

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's into billions......

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's into billions......

Saw a video about track and trace and PPE to do with that and no proper tendering not sure the validity or accuracy but was quite damning even if only a small percentage was accurare 

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree . She hasn't articulated her thoughts well enough. Publishing an exit strategy would be a start

The SG is working on one.

The challenge is it won't have the guts to do a proper one, wait till the WM one is published, with slight nuances and it will be a feck up.

Edited by DETTY29

45 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

Ive been compliant from the start, working from home, following all the rules and guidelines.

If this turn out to be true then i'm chucking it, they can ram it as far as i'm concerned. Of course i'll wear masks and whatnot but i'll be going to see my family

That's where I'm at as well. 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That said, I don't remember it coming with an order or a gun to the head to use it. Same as at Christmas, 'Boris killed everyone'...by suggesting they take decisions based on risk in their circumstances.

This whole thing has made me realise that it's not just authoritarian government that want to control people, so many people seem to actually want, and more frighteningly, need, the government to do their thinking, hold their hand and wipe their arse for them.

Staggering. 

Yeah I enjoyed it too . Like you can’t recall a gun to my head to go out to enjoy it . I do recall the great control measures pubs and restaurants had to  limit transmission and yet they still got a kick in the balls 🏀 that’s been one of the most shameful things about all if this , the vilification of the hospitality industry . It does make me wonder if there is an undercurrent of derision of drinking by the Govt 

Congratulations to Wales who are the first nation to hit the first major target of offering a first dose to all over 70s.

They now hope to vaccinate these people of the next few days.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The chickens from the Barnett Consequential farm are now coming home to roost.

However funny  you THOUGHT that was as you constructed it in your head is actually how CRINGEWORTHY it is to read as an attempt at humour. 

Just saying likesay. 😉

Edited by Weakened Offender

7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

However funny  you THOUGHT that was as you constructed it in your head is actually how CRINGEWORTHY it is to read as an attempt at humour. 

Just saying likesay. 😉

We need more , constructive criticism like that imo. It was actually right off the cuff, no thought involved. Every audience has at least one humourless heckler though😎

1 hour ago, Barack said:

"The Times leads on a plan being considered by ministers to keep social distancing restrictions in place until at least the autumn.

The newspaper understands the government's route out of lockdown is based on the assumption that people will have to wear face masks and remain a metre apart for months."

Never had the Times down to have their inside information correct before, during Covid-19.

Assumption. Being the mother of all ****-up's, I believe...?

Too many assumptions been made throughout the last year. Blunt force instruments to remove all risk. Given it took the govt and scientists months to recommend then mandate mask wearing and, even then, they weren't convinced, why do they expect us to be wearing them in autumn? I would expect to be burning my masks, well before the height of summer.

Dennis Reynolds
33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I enjoyed it too . Like you can’t recall a gun to my head to go out to enjoy it . I do recall the great control measures pubs and restaurants had to  limit transmission and yet they still got a kick in the balls 🏀 that’s been one of the most shameful things about all if this , the vilification of the hospitality industry . It does make me wonder if there is an undercurrent of derision of drinking by the Govt 

I also enjoyed it. All of the bars/pubs/resteraunts I was in had great measures in place (barring a couple pubs who didn't care!) and as I'm a bit of a lazy *******, loved table service 😂 Hospitality industry does seem to have unjustly taking the brunt of this tbf. I certainly agree with that. Even in December I was at my new local doing some work and having lunch as no beer was allowed but not allowed to even do that seems very harsh. Especially now with cases so low. Again, I've mentioned it before but I believe they should be open in some capacity from march. Possibly food only again.

It's still shit but it's needed. Primarily because of the errors made last year have meant we need to go hard now which has been debated to death tbf. Do I think there's an undercurrent? Not really but I do think they've attacked a walnut with a sledgehammer a bit.

Pubs and definitely pub gardens in time for the summer. That's my uneducated guess and I just hope we have the weather for it 👍

Dennis Reynolds
51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Edited by LMc
Double post

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scotland  bottom of the home nations vaccine league 

And on take up levels when we get to target dates?

Wales claim to be top now but are 20% behind on care home take up, England, 16.

England have 4 days to find, contact, jag 1.5m over 70s.

Edited by DETTY29

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We need more , constructive criticism like that imo. It was actually right off the cuff, no thought involved. Every audience has at least one humourless heckler though😎

I just don't think that kind of stuff is a good fit for you pal, that's all. You've got the 'barmy libertarian' thing almost perfected now, leave this type of non-humour to the creepy wee Star Wars hard nut. 😊

Edited by Weakened Offender

Dennis Reynolds
53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Edited by LMc
Triple post

5 minutes ago, LMc said:

I also enjoyed it. All of the bars/pubs/resteraunts I was in had great measures in place (barring a couple pubs who didn't care!) and as I'm a bit of a lazy *******, loved table service 😂 Hospitality industry does seem to have unjustly taking the brunt of this tbf. I certainly agree with that. Even in December I was at my new local doing some work and having lunch as no beer was allowed but not allowed to even do that seems very harsh. Especially now with cases so low. Again, I've mentioned it before but I believe they should be open in some capacity from march. Possibly food only again.

It's still shit but it's needed. Primarily because of the errors made last year have meant we need to go hard now which has been debated to death tbf. Do I think there's an undercurrent? Not really but I do think they've attacked a walnut with a sledgehammer a bit.

Pubs and definitely pub gardens in time for the summer. That's my uneducated guess and I just hope we have the weather for it 👍

👍

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Staggering. 

Spot on.

On 06/02/2021 at 14:55, manaliveits105 said:

FFS are people really desperate to be worst in the world so they can moan about the toaries - unbelievably sad .

18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scotland  bottom of the home nations vaccine league 

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I just don't think that kind of stuff is a good fit for you pal, that's all. You've got the 'barmy libertarian' thing almost perfected now, leave this type of non-humour to the creepy wee Star Wars hard nut. 😊

:rofl:

Still got a chubby for the big fella I see. 

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

vaccines not deaths smarty pants 

bbc were reporting on radio we were bottom 

Scotland is top of the last 7 day average, per 100k population.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

vaccines not deaths smarty pants 

bbc were reporting on radio we were bottom 

Not like the BBC to tell lies and run Scotland down. How odd.. 😁

Francis Albert

The UK's vaccine procurement policy has been a huge boon for all the nations of the UK. I have no doubt that given a choice Nicola would have been an enthusiastic supporter of the EU joint procurement scheme

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

If you are counting first doses, NI are bottom, if you are counting vaccinated as being both doses then Wales are bottom.  It is only if you count both first and second dose figures that Scotland are bottom, which makes no sense at all.

The differences between the different UK nations are trivial compared to the huge gulf between all of them and most of the rest of the world.

The EU isn't even in a relegation place ... it isn't in the same league.

manaliveits105

65 to 69 year olds and PEOPLE WITH UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS are next Jean as Health Minister you would think you might have remembered that 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Drakeford's "ideal" medium to long-term view on lifting restrictions are...to paraphrase:

Back to where we were last Summer. Where things were open. Pubs, restaurants etc. People were going on holiday,(didn't mention foreign travel..but people were going abroad) even though masks were still being worn on public transport and in crowded areas. If things stay as they are, he hopes restrictions are lifted enough that it makes a significant difference in people's lives, by Easter.

Sounds promising👍

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Drakeford's "ideal" medium to long-term view on lifting restrictions are...to paraphrase:

Back to where we were last Summer. Where things were open. Pubs, restaurants etc. People were going on holiday,(didn't mention foreign travel..but people were going abroad) even though masks were still being worn on public transport and in crowded areas. If things stay as they are, he hopes restrictions are lifted enough that it makes a significant difference in people's lives, by Easter.

Can we put a bid in for him 

manaliveits105

Did Drakeford warn of reduced vaccines due to supplies slowing down ?

The SG seems to be worried about it 

http://alltvspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/specsavers_clown_advert.jpg

Edited by manaliveits105

55 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The UK's vaccine procurement policy has been a huge boon for all the nations of the UK. I have no doubt that given a choice Nicola would have been an enthusiastic supporter of the EU joint procurement scheme

In another embarrassment to the EU, Hungary is today to start to administer the Russian Sputnik V vaccine.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/12/hungary-to-begin-using-russia-s-sputnik-v-vaccine-today

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic