Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

This loophole has been obvious since the Scottish Government introduced their own restrictions. The idea of them successfully persuading the UK authorities to enforce Scottish rules upon someone’s arrival in England seems ludicrous and unlikely, never mind in getting Irish authorities to do similar. 

Nonsensical, ill-considered political grandstanding. 

Let's just let them all in then and then you can blame the SG when the covid numbers rise again. The idea that a wider application of hotel quarantine seems to be beyond their level of understanding. The short term need for it not understood in the context of rapidly increasing vaccine efectiveness and the need to start the easing of lockdown from as low an infection level as possible. The SG is trying to do as much as it can to prevent the spread of the infection, death and unneccesary economic disruption which so far has always more effective than that coming from Westminster.

If you think that the idea of trying to persuade the UK government of the efficacy of the Scottish approach is ludicrous then that in itself is a cast iron argument for independence.

The clutching at straws of the UK Gov supporters is laughable and merely an attempt at deflection from the most corrupt and inept handlig of Covid anywhere in the world. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So another half baked UK govt policy that will have detrimental impacts and the SG get the blame for it.

And as Labour would prefer total quarantine out point of entry for all, Labour supports can't be too critical.

Oh hang on.

Edited by DETTY29

The quiet arrangement but brings immeasurable benefits to the people of the British Isles. 

So under the radar no one can talk about it. 

Time to celebrate the Common Travel Area. 

8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Let's just let them all in then and then you can blame the SG when the covid numbers rise again. The idea that a wider application of hotel quarantine seems to be beyond their level of understanding. The short term need for it not understood in the context of rapidly increasing vaccine efectiveness and the need to start the easing of lockdown from as low an infection level as possible. The SG is trying to do as much as it can to prevent the spread of the infection, death and unneccesary economic disruption which so far has always more effective than that coming from Westminster.

If you think that the idea of trying to persuade the UK government of the efficacy of the Scottish approach is ludicrous then that in itself is a cast iron argument for independence.

The clutching at straws of the UK Gov supporters is laughable and merely an attempt at deflection from the most corrupt and inept handlig of Covid anywhere in the world. 

No clutching here. Quite laughable if you have concluded I’m a supporter of he UK government. Personally, I think borders should have effectively been closed about 11 months ago. 

There are massive loopholes in the Scottish government hotel quarantine approach, and these were blindingly obvious when it was announced. They said for months they could not do anything about international travel without alignment with the UK government approach. They now decide to do something which doesn’t align with the UK government approach, and there are massive flaws. The UK (or Irish!) government are unlikely to correct those flaws. 

The Scottish Government could have taken this measure months ago. Why didn’t they? Why wait until now? The loopholes would have still effectively been the same. The UK government approach now is laughable, and it would not have made much difference to the impact of a Scottish hotel quarantine approach if it had not yet been in place. 

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

I think the Scottish Government approach is the best one for us to remove restrictions and keep the restrictions lifted.

I think all of you that think the SG came up with this policy for any reason other than dealing with the pandemic are very much mistaken and are the ones playing politics. 

Indeed. The "restricted country" approach did bugger all last year to stop the spread of Covid around Europe, especially the second wave. All it caused was folk to find ways to get round the restrictions and stress from folk going on holiday to second guess if their destination country was going to become restricted while they were away. It's half-hearted, and it most certainly doesn't get the job done.

The only way we should entertain a "restricted country" approach is where we have very few infections and we restrict non-isolating travel from every country except those where they are as strict as we are and also have very few infections. So, for example, it's fine for Australia and New Zealand to allow travel between them at the moment where circumstances allow. Anything else, and you're just opening the door to re-infection.

Brighton Jambo

I think the Scottish Government approach is the best one for us to remove restrictions and keep the restrictions lifted.

I think all of you that think the SG came up with this policy for any reason other than dealing with the pandemic are very much mistaken and are the ones playing politics. 

She has played politics all the way through more than any other politician in the UK.  And to be fair to her the polls in support for independence have validated that approach.  

I can’t see why she thinks she knows better than every other country in UK and Europe on borders.  What scientific data does she have that they don’t. 

Even if you are right then she should have been engaging the Uk government and devolved administrations and Republic of Ireland far more effectively.  For her to stand up before Boris even made his announcement and say it doesn’t go far enough reeks of point scoring and is hardly a platform to engage on cooperation.  So if not political she just demonstrated inept handling of the situation but we are used to that.  

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

No clutching here. Quite laughable if you have concluded I’m a supporter of he UK government. Personally, I think borders should have effectively been closed about 11 months ago. 

There are massive loopholes in the Scottish government hotel quarantine approach, and these were blindingly obvious when it was announced. They said for months they could not do anything about international travel without alignment with the UK government approach. They now decide to do something which doesn’t align with the UK government approach, and there are massive flaws. The UK (or Irish!) government are unlikely to correct those flaws. 

The Scottish Government could have taken this measure months ago. Why didn’t they? Why wait until now? The loopholes would have still effectively been the same. The UK government approach now is laughable, and it would not have made much difference to the impact of a Scottish hotel quarantine approach if it had not yet been in place. 

They are doing something when case numbers are falling and we might be 6 weeks away from the start of the end of lockdown.

2 or 3 months too late. (12 months too late)

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So another half baked UK govt policy that will have detrimental impacts and the SG get the blame for it.

And as Labour would prefer total quarantine out point of entry for all, Labour supports can't be too critical.

Oh hang on.

I’m not blaming the Scottish Government for the UK government’s laughable approach. I am questioning why the Scottish Government has introduced its own approach now, and then apparently expects the UK (and presumably Irish) government to police restrictions in England (and Ireland??) that are unique to Scotland. It’s political game-playing. If it wasn’t, why not introduce these measures earlier in Scotland? 

Edited by Peebo

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She knew exactly what she was doing with this. One wonders whether or not the story of the American father and daughter who quarantined only to then be released was leaked by the SNP (nothing better than a human interest story to put grab attention) to highlight the loophole and thus further grow the division between the respective governments.

As someone with an American spouse and child, I watch the travel restrictions pretty closely (and am well aware of the immigration visa process). I said to my wife last night that something did not smell right about the story, and I was not at all shocked to read this loophole revelation this morning. 

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Wales, NI, England, Republic of Ireland and most of Europe as I understand are doing a red list approach.  But Scotland choose to go alone with its own approach and everyone else is to blame.  It’s is grievance politics but is the SG choosing an approach that is out is sync with everyone else and expecting them to change to suite them.  Tiresome and predictable from SG.  

This post is tiresome and predictable from Brighton Jambo. 

24 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

She has played politics all the way through more than any other politician in the UK.  And to be fair to her the polls in support for independence have validated that approach.  

I can’t see why she thinks she knows better than every other country in UK and Europe on borders.  What scientific data does she have that they don’t. 

Even if you are right then she should have been engaging the Uk government and devolved administrations and Republic of Ireland far more effectively.  For her to stand up before Boris even made his announcement and say it doesn’t go far enough reeks of point scoring and is hardly a platform to engage on cooperation.  So if not political she just demonstrated inept handling of the situation but we are used to that.  

:bigyawn:

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

The bit in bold is your view, I do not agree, you are entitled to your opinion, but it is not fact.

I am pretty sure that any announcements made at the podium about the UK Gov have been widely discussed at the various meetings and are much moire toned down than those actual discussions are.

What is an indisputable fact is her standing at that podium nearly every day nearly a year on.  Far far more than any other politician.  Do you really believe that is necessary for her to personally do that nearly every day at this stage of the pandemic, that it couldn’t be done by one of her cabinet more frequently or by a medical expert.  Pure politics.  

Implementing restrictions you know you can't enforce is either stupid, a political stunt or naivety.

People can just fly into England or Ireland and get around the restrictions. Which begs the question, what was the purpose of the enhanced restriction? 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Implementing restrictions you know you can't enforce is either stupid, a political stunt or naivety.

People can just fly into England or Ireland and get around the restrictions. Which begs the question, what was the purpose of the enhanced restriction? 

Indeed. And perhaps more importantly, if it was deemed necessary why was the enhanced restriction not introduced months ago (when same loopholes would have existed)? 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Maybe WM could help out or agree with the SG for once. 

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

But they are still breaking the law and will be prosecuted if caught, much like speed restrictions on roads. There are loads of laws that are difficult o enforce, people should be expected not to try and get around them.

You really don't understand the purpose of the enhanced restriction?

What law are you talking about? 

Just now, Peebo said:

Indeed. And perhaps more importantly, if it was deemed necessary why was the enhanced restriction not introduced months ago (when same loopholes would have existed)? 

Maybe we should have shut the borders, wait, we can't. Now they are following a 4 nations idea and they still get criticism. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

But they are still breaking the law and will be prosecuted if caught, much like speed restrictions on roads. There are loads of laws that are difficult o enforce, people should be expected not to try and get around them.

Which law are they breaking? 

Fly into Heathrow for whatever essential reason they have and then take a train to Waverley. Or as was reported on the BBC fly into Dublin and then onwards and be told you can leave the quarantine hotel.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe WM could help out or agree with the SG for once. 

Why would they do that and undermine their own position? If Scotland want to do something different, it's up to them to make it workable.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

Why would they do that and undermine their own position? If Scotland want to do something different, it's up to them to make it workable.

Which makes independence imperative. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Maybe we should have shut the borders, wait, we can't. Now they are following a 4 nations idea and they still get criticism. 

My criticism is that the Scottish government is well aware what it can, and cannot, do. Why wait until now to take this action? No obstructions existed that are no longer in place. 

They have chosen not to align with the UK government on this. Fair enough (despite the obvious flaws), but why now? They are not “following a 4 nations idea”. That could have been the case months ago. 

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

According to some rather naïve people, NS and co don't play politics with Covid, and never have done. Every time she farts, a tartan, shortbread-scented jaggy rainbow appears somewhere over Scotland, striking a unionist through their cold, blue-blooded heart. According to the same people, Johnson, on the other hand, spends his evenings planning on how he can kill more folk in order to boost his and JRM's bank balance.

Blasphemy jonesy. Don't you know the Prophet Nicola is keeping us all safe :Aye:

She wouldn't and has never played sneaky, conniving political games to the detriment of the Scottish people :whistling:

37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

According to some rather naïve people, NS and co don't play politics with Covid, and never have done. Every time she farts, a tartan, shortbread-scented jaggy rainbow appears somewhere over Scotland, striking a unionist through their cold, blue-blooded heart. According to the same people, Johnson, on the other hand, spends his evenings planning on how he can kill more folk in order to boost his and JRM's bank balance.

ahhh , if only this was true , except for a few on this thread.....

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't realise we were going to allow them to enter the country and then quarantine at home.

Fair enough, but a point somewhat central to “understand(ing) the purpose of the enhanced restriction”, I would suggest! 

57 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’m not blaming the Scottish Government for the UK government’s laughable approach. I am questioning why the Scottish Government has introduced its own approach now, and then apparently expects the UK (and presumably Irish) government to police restrictions in England (and Ireland??) that are unique to Scotland. It’s political game-playing. If it wasn’t, why not introduce these measures earlier in Scotland? 

I suppose border control is just another one of these slight nuances the SG does do so as not to upset too many folk instead of taking the harder line decisions that in hindsight would have been better in the medium term.  And really, is it hindsight?  The govts have been warned time and time again.

Maybe this is the start of saying enough is enough, we are going to do what we can properly and continue to negotiate with others to really think about what is the better approach and support closing loopholes.

It would be a ridiculous stance e.g. if the UK govt dug it's heals in far to long too and not back track because they didn't themselves want to be seen as backing down, or recognising a devolved nation's approach was the best one after all.

Now that would be self harming on a far greater scale.

Edited by DETTY29

9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The purpose of the restriction is to prevent virus from coming in from outside the country, especially variants. The point I missed is on the actual working of it and if it is going to be successful or not.

The SG need to close their own loophole, but none of it will work if there is not an agreement at the UK and Irish level. I find it hard to be critical of the SG too much as they are at least now trying to introduce the policy I would agree with.

The quarantine is the restriction to stop external cases entering the UK. Where that quarantine happens is largely irrelevant, as long as it happens. The purpose of quarantine hotels is to ensure adherence as home quarantine hasn't been observed highly. By allowing people to just fly to another part of the common travel area first, it negates the point of trying to make all arrivals quarantine in a hotel as they'll just avoid flying into Scotland. That's obvious from the off, which leads me back to my question, what is the purpose of the enhanced restriction as whilst it exists on paper, the reality is they are actually working to the same restrictions as England in practice; those arriving from outside a red zone can quarantine at home when they get to Scotland via England or Ireland, so why not have just made that the rule in the first place? Red zones quarantine at a hotel, everywhere else, at home, because in practice, that's what it is.

Their concept may be the best idea in the world, but if you can't implement it in a fashion that sees it work, then what's the point.

Edited by Taffin

Scottish numbers: 16 February 2021

Summary

• 773 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+214]
  • 14,568 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.0% of these were positive [+4,625; -1.0%]
  • 49 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+49]
  • 100 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 1,383 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-45]
  • 1,288,004 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 17,137 have received their second dose [+32,814; +2,636]
Edited by redjambo

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Some of my best friends are unionists. :shockio:

And only a few of them are transvestites...

Yours Faithfully

Brigadier Sir Charles Arthur Strong

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     14 Feb 13 Feb 12 Feb 11 Feb 10 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     102 103 -1   110 104 104 105 111 ... 98
East Ayrshire 4 3 312 319 -7   316 284 254 204 156 ... 153
Clackmannanshire 4 3 233 229 +4   221 227 211 208 211 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 219 227 -8   224 201 182 183 177 ... 120
Falkirk 4 2 187 196 -9   205 190 183 186 221 ... 60
West Lothian 4 3 177 164 +13   152 100 106 106 124 ... 83
Renfrewshire 4 3 168 159 +9   166 147 152 137 147 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 157 159 -2   165 160 153 158 160 ... 70
North Lanarkshire 4 3 146 149 -3   167 161 160 162 173 ... 119
South Lanarkshire 4 3 141 146 -5   151 150 147 145 148 ... 120
North Ayrshire 4 3 134 135 -1   144 135 129 136 132 ... 175
Glasgow City 4 3 131 133 -2   153 144 145 149 157 ... 129
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 112 116 -4   124 116 124 101 109 ... 22
Midlothian 4 3 107 97 +10   100 98 98 96 108 ... 136
East Renfrewshire 4 3 103 109 -6   127 106 106 120 134 ... 101
Inverclyde 4 2 100 104 -4   100 99 104 93 102 ... 59
Moray 4 1 75 67 +8   78 72 77 75 78 ... 13
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 70 73 -3   86 87 93 101 91 ... 32
South Ayrshire 4 3 67 72 -5   85 91 94 103 111 ... 98
East Lothian 4 3 63 58 +5   78 73 81 82 96 ... 148
Edinburgh City 4 3 62 60 +2   62 61 63 63 67 ... 109
Fife 4 3 62 56 +6   55 53 52 49 55 ... 97
Perth & Kinross 4 3 59 55 +4   64 71 59 59 66 ... 126
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 56 69 -13   83 83 96 104 111 ... 70
Highland 4/3 1 56 58 -2   62 59 61 66 59 ... 17
Angus 4 2 53 53 0   61 67 79 94 107 ... 37
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 50 68 -18   79 83 87 98 109 ... 29
Aberdeenshire 4 3 40 45 -5   49 49 41 48 56 ... 88
Dundee City 4 3 40 38 +2   40 40 54 70 83 ... 113
Aberdeen City 4 3 33 35 -2   41 43 40 47 52 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 27 27 0   27 27 27 18 9 ... 0
Border Collies 4 1 27 29 -2   29 31 35 36 48 ... 85
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 4 -4   4 9 9 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     17622 17424 +198   18373 17754 17137 17531 18038 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.3 5.4 -0.1   5.5 5.4 5.5 5.5 5.6 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1352 1384 -32   1418 1455 1494 1539 1581 ... 975
ICU     108 109 -1   110 111 112 113 115 ... 50
Deaths     38 39 -1   40 40 40 40 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     52109 56064 -3955   55497 55852 53631 51262 48669    
1st Dose     51412 55481 -4069   54930 55288 53016 50629 48044    
2nd Dose     697 583 +114   567 564 615 633 625    

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Just failing to get the 7 day average of cases under 800, 9 less deaths than last Tuesday, Hospital numbers still going down. All very positive if a bit slow.

Big jump in 2nd dose vaccinations for a day......

Quite a jump for the Greater Glasgow cases once again.

The residual effect of the likely HMP Addiewell outbreak is still impacting W Lothian figures.

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Just failing to get the 7 day average of cases under 800, 9 less deaths than last Tuesday, Hospital numbers still going down. All very positive if a bit slow.

Big jump in 2nd dose vaccinations for a day......

Not wanting to be the purveyor of negativity, but the most noticeable stat for me was the drop in 1st dose vaccinations from last Tuesday's 61,299 to today's 32,814. That's a heck of a drop.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     14 Feb 13 Feb 12 Feb 11 Feb 10 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     102 103 -1   110 104 104 105 111 ... 98
East Ayrshire 4 3 312 319 -7   316 284 254 204 156 ... 153
Clackmannanshire 4 3 233 229 +4   221 227 211 208 211 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 219 227 -8   224 201 182 183 177 ... 120
Falkirk 4 2 187 196 -9   205 190 183 186 221 ... 60
West Lothian 4 3 177 164 +13   152 100 106 106 124 ... 83
Renfrewshire 4 3 168 159 +9   166 147 152 137 147 ... 116
Stirling 4 3 157 159 -2   165 160 153 158 160 ... 70
North Lanarkshire 4 3 146 149 -3   167 161 160 162 173 ... 119
South Lanarkshire 4 3 141 146 -5   151 150 147 145 148 ... 120
North Ayrshire 4 3 134 135 -1   144 135 129 136 132 ... 175
Glasgow City 4 3 131 133 -2   153 144 145 149 157 ... 129
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 112 116 -4   124 116 124 101 109 ... 22
Midlothian 4 3 107 97 +10   100 98 98 96 108 ... 136
East Renfrewshire 4 3 103 109 -6   127 106 106 120 134 ... 101
Inverclyde 4 2 100 104 -4   100 99 104 93 102 ... 59
Moray 4 1 75 67 +8   78 72 77 75 78 ... 13
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 70 73 -3   86 87 93 101 91 ... 32
South Ayrshire 4 3 67 72 -5   85 91 94 103 111 ... 98
East Lothian 4 3 63 58 +5   78 73 81 82 96 ... 148
Edinburgh City 4 3 62 60 +2   62 61 63 63 67 ... 109
Fife 4 3 62 56 +6   55 53 52 49 55 ... 97
Perth & Kinross 4 3 59 55 +4   64 71 59 59 66 ... 126
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 56 69 -13   83 83 96 104 111 ... 70
Highland 4/3 1 56 58 -2   62 59 61 66 59 ... 17
Angus 4 2 53 53 0   61 67 79 94 107 ... 37
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 50 68 -18   79 83 87 98 109 ... 29
Aberdeenshire 4 3 40 45 -5   49 49 41 48 56 ... 88
Dundee City 4 3 40 38 +2   40 40 54 70 83 ... 113
Aberdeen City 4 3 33 35 -2   41 43 40 47 52 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 27 27 0   27 27 27 18 9 ... 0
Border Collies 4 1 27 29 -2   29 31 35 36 48 ... 85
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 4 -4   4 9 9 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     17622 17424 +198   18373 17754 17137 17531 18038 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.3 5.4 -0.1   5.5 5.4 5.5 5.5 5.6 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1352 1384 -32   1418 1455 1494 1539 1581 ... 975
ICU     108 109 -1   110 111 112 113 115 ... 50
Deaths     38 39 -1   40 40 40 40 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     52109 56064 -3955   55497 55852 53631 51262 48669    
1st Dose     51412 55481 -4069   54930 55288 53016 50629 48044    
2nd Dose     697 583 +114   567 564 615 633 625    

👍

All I would say is we were warned this would be the case due to supply, hopefully this is very short term.

:thumb:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

kill more folk in order to boost his and JRM's bank balance.

:sadrobbo:

There's a fair bit of historical precedent for this type of stuff tbf.

Can't knock them for giving it a go.

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Vaccination figures a little more complex to review today as per the bolded text.  A significant number of people appear to have moved JCVI category, or double counted when estimating initial targets albeit, the vaccines administered are correct.

I'm not sure if this now aligns to what appears the ONS England reporting model of grouping in ages groups rather than 'other'  groups such as the clinically vulnerable. 

75-79 at 99.9%, so virtually complete outside of few stragglers.

70-74 now at 85%, 7% increase on yesterday.  Will be still be push to get into 90s by close today.  But see below, also reported at 81.1% on the SG Data Trends file 🥴  This could be the first cohort where we are not significantly ahead of certainly England on take up v. target.  Won't know until Thursday when ONS release England (and Wales) stats for up to close Sunday.

Per Scotland Vaccine Deployment plan, target was to 'offer' (do) 1.135m 1st doses by close tomorrow.  By last night 1.256m done (110.6%).  Naturally stats include all 65-69 year old etc done.  Overall UK target for mid Feb is 14.6m so equivalent take up for today's announcement would be 16.148m.  (Other core data sets and base targets are of merit)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As at 8:30am on Monday 15 February:

• 1,255,190 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 14,501 have received their second dose
  • 30,103 care home residents (exceeding the initial target for residents in older adult care homes and 94% of residents in all care homes)
  • 40,930 care home staff (91% of staff in older adult care homes and 79% of staff in all care homes)
  • 282,501 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target provided by Health Boards.

From Monday 15 February we are changing the way we report breakdowns for age groups to focus on all vaccinated in each age group. Previously we removed people if already vaccinated in a higher priority group (e.g. care home residents), however as the vaccination programme progresses and we move down the priority groups this becomes more common. These figures are still available in Table 10b in the trends in daily data spreadsheet.

Latest progress on first doses shows we have vaccinated

• 269,951 people aged 80 or over (100%)  - NOTE:  REPORTED AS 246,991 ON TAB 10B (98.8% INITIAL TARGET)
  • 195,841 people aged 75-79 (99.9%) - NOTE: REPORTED AS 189,504 ON TAB 10B (99.74% INITIAL TARGET)
  • 237,058 people aged 70-74 (85%) - NOTE: REPORTED AS 227,059 ON TAB 10B  (81.1% INITIAL TARGET)
  • 159,947 people aged 65-69 (53%) - NOT REPORTED YET ON TAB 1

NOTE - USING NUMBERS BELOW LINE AND REPORTED AS TOP LINE FIGURES BY SG THERE IS C.39K OTHERS HAVE BEEN JABBED TO BALANCE OFF FIRST VACCINE AT 1,225,190.

So that is the end of the time period for offering the top 4 categories.

Each nation appears to release it's own data in various cuts of the JVCI cohorts, but it appears the top 4 constants recorded are as follows, with Scotland take up 1st dose vaccination percentages.

Exceed Target - Elderly Care Home Residents

Exceed Target - 80s+

Exceed Target - 75-79

88% of Target - 70 -74, suggesting in region of 33.5k still to be done if total take up was the target.

The revised way of reporting people by age that changed yesterday changed the base figures, but doesn't make any key difference in the 1st dose take up rates.  I thought the 70 - 74 age range changes may have been a slight difference, but there isn't.

It's quite challenging to understand how successful the first major outcome of the vaccination programme has been  e.g. - the extremely clinical vulnerable hasn't been broken down yet (plus there may be some element of double counting if someone comes under two categories) but if you exclude 65-69 yrs, then 1.14m first doses administered v. 1.135m JCVI target.  The 70-74 yrs 'gap' has been compensated by a significant increase on target of frontline health care workers.

Full vaccination data text from SG

As at 8:30am on Tuesday 16 February:

• 1,288,004 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 17,137 have received their second dose
  • 30,218 care home residents (exceeding the initial target for residents in older adult care homes and 94% of residents in all care homes)
  • 41,038 care home staff (91% of staff in older adult care homes and 79% of staff in all care homes)
  • 283,622 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target provided by Health Boards.

Latest progress for each age group on first doses shows we have vaccinated:

• 270,654 people aged 80 or over (exceeding estimated population based on the latest mid-2019 population estimates)
  • 199,163 people aged 75-79 (exceeding estimated population)
  • 245,231 people aged 70-74 (88%)
  • 173,918 people aged 65-69 (58%)

By my calculations 44,160k 'others' have been vaccinated outside of the JCVI priorities we have been working towards.

Edited by DETTY29

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

What law are they breaking? As I posted earlier there is literally a story in the press today about people coming from the US via Ireland who have been told they don’t have to isolate in a hotel. According to you they’re breaking the law?

What a horrendous doom laden statement from her . Depressing and lacking even a snippet of hope . She’s awful . Only positive is schools going back which will help parents and ofcourse kids . 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

What a horrendous doom laden statement from her . Depressing and lacking even a snippet of hope . She’s awful . Only positive is schools going back which will help parents and ofcourse kids . 

What was said about schools ?

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No holidays at Easter home or abroad, with no guarantee of summer holidays in U.K. 

This is quite depressing messaging tbh

Ohh it looks like geographical restrictions will be in place. So Edinburgh better hope West Lothian starts dropping as opposed to the steep increase that rivals some crypto currencies right now. 

Surely no one expected Easter holidays to be a thing ? 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

She’s still talking about it. They early stages going back as planned. Then hoped next phase would go back late March, would hopes to confirm return plan in a couple of week. No indicative date given and very clear no return date as stands, 

Doesnt spread amongst kids it’s the associated travel ie. parents meeting, 

Its really down droden message tbh. 

So nursery to P3 return ? 🙄

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

She’s still talking about it. They early stages going back as planned. Then hoped next phase would go back late March, would hopes to confirm return plan in a couple of week. No indicative date given and very clear no return date as stands, 

Doesnt spread amongst kids it’s the associated travel ie. parents meeting, 

Its really down droden message tbh. 

Pleased I missed it cant be doing with anymore of her pessimistic nonsence

Just now, Dazo said:

Surely no one expected Easter holidays to be a thing ? 

Of course they do...Have you met people before 😒🤨

Just now, Dazo said:

So nursery to P3 return ? 🙄

Nursery to P3 some s4-s6 who are facing assessments was the jist of it. Only JKB could take a finally a starting to lift something that everyone is moaning about and make it a negative thing

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Yeah they return from Monday. She seems to suggest that may be too great a easing 🤷🏻‍♂️

How did you take that from her words?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nursery to P3 some s4-s6 who are facing assessments was the jist of it. Only JKB could take a finally a starting to lift something that everyone is moaning about and make it a negative thing

it’s about getting the correct pupils back to school. Doesn’t have to be negative or positive, imo p7’s and exam age children should be first back. Don’t have to jump on the causing a drama bandwagon. 

Just now, Lord BJ said:

My father in law still hasn’t received his letter. They have gone through the help Center and GP who say he ain’t on list. 

So as advised contacted MSP and the fish. MSP responds today saying nothing he can do and have to wait for letter. 

The wife has gone ballistic and  it would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. 

Still waiting on fish office responding. 

If you're sure of the situation, contact your local newspaper.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

She said in her spiel begging parents and employers to stay at home at ephemeral kids return. Apparently it do easy spread in schools so muc U.K. is the wider community such as returning to work that cause the increase. 

I took what she said today as NS version of BJ yesterday. They speak differently but essentially both said. This is where we are at dont want to open up to soon and go backwards and into another lockdown. We need to be cautious , the stay at home lockdown remains in place. Tho tbf if a bloke had said what she did to a woman it would be mansplaining 🤣

Just now, Dazo said:

it’s about getting the correct pupils back to school. Doesn’t have to be negative or positive, imo p7’s and exam age children should be first back. Don’t have to jump on the causing a drama bandwagon. 

Lol , indeed , age groups is a difficult one when it comes to school for me. In theory though my son is finding it harder than his younger cousins but easier than his older cousins. Difficult to gauge the long term effects though

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic