Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Today's per-100,000 7-day case rates around the councils:

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday   Start of T4’s       9 Dec 8 Dec 7 Dec 6 Dec 5 Dec
Clackmannanshire 3 167 181 -14 165 +2     198 206 227 194 217
East Ayrshire 3 160 149 +11 152 +8     148 150 132 123 121
North Ayrshire 3 160 145 +15 124 +36     154 155 144 139 136
Renfrewshire 3 138 128 +10 260 -122     128 149 155 152 158
Glasgow City 3 135 142 -7 235 -100     146 157 159 162 156
North Lanarkshire 3 129 141 -12 235 -106     142 140 156 152 153
South Lanarkshire 3 127 124 +3 233 -106     124 131 138 128 136
West Lothian 3 125 122 +3 193 -68     123 122 116 116 110
Midlothian 3 123 93 +30 101 +22     84 99 94 82 86
East Lothian 2 122 114 +8 48 +74     99 84 76 71 66
East Renfrewshire 3 119 125 -6 195 -76     127 137 137 154 150
Fife 3 118 114 +4 116 +2     106 107 111 105 101
Aberdeen City 2 114 96 +18 51 +63     95 80 80 66 73
Dundee City 3 111 104 +7 102 +9     112 115 110 104 101
South Ayrshire 3 111 101 +10 153 -42     99 101 100 103 101
East Dunbartonshire 3 104 100 +4 161 -57     100 96 105 110 101
Falkirk 2 99 104 -5 85 +14     80 71 79 76 68
Edinburgh City 3 93 86 +7 84 +9     89 82 77 70 72
Stirling 3 91 90 +1 210 -119     83 89 83 70 84
Aberdeenshire 2 85 86 -1 64 +21     90 87 88 92 90
Perth and Kinross 3 75 83 -8 116 -41     94 96 94 89 100
West Dunbartonshire 3 74 63 +11 142 -68     67 71 76 70 87
Angus 2 60 55 +5 88 -28     65 59 62 67 64
Inverclyde 2 57 51 +6 99 -42     54 60 59 67 57
Scottish Borders 1 56 52 +4 74 -18     48 41 40 37 35
Argyll and Bute 2 48 154 -106 31 +17     162 165 166 176 173
Dumfries & Galloway 1 25 27 -2 34 -9     26 26 26 23 21
Moray 1 19 14 +5 25 -6     15 19 16 14 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 15 0 0 +15     4 4 15 15 15
Highland 1 13 13 0 19 -6     11 9 10 18 17
Orkney Islands 1 0 0 0 4 -4     0 0 4 4 4
Shetland Islands 1 0 0 0 13 -13     4 4 4 4 4
Scotland   103 102 +1 135 -32     103 104 105 99 101

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t think the public care enough about all the Salmond affair for her popularity to drop enough for her to feel forced out.

She will be brought down by her own party.  All the moves behind the scenes are to try and replace her with a more aggressive indy leader.   She is on borrowed time before a serious leadership challenge and she is losing control of key elements of the party.

Covid won’t make her quit but I wonder if she sees the party turning against her and her husband she might.  She must feel so hacked off that all this internal politics is happening during Covid and actually for once I have some sympathy for her on that.  

Well if factions in the party want her out then they better be quick. 

The Scottish Elections are only 5 months away. 

Like her or not she has a lot of public support I don't believe any of her detractors have that kind of support. 

And don't get me started on Salmond or MacAskill. 

3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

So you only accept the ONS data not data from any other equally valid sources, even those from a leading hospital and university that has been submitted for Peer review.  Ok then.  

Ffs.  I didn't say I do not accept other sources and have not dismissed them.  The information shown in the source you cited and the point I am making regarding your accompanying idea are two entirely separate things.  

Asymptomatic infections is an accepted thing.  I'm saying that it is overwhelmingly likely that the RATE of asymptomatic infections is a fixed rate.  When prevalence was very low in the summer then asymptomatic prevalence was correspondingly very low. 

Ok?

On 10/12/2020 at 19:14, sadj said:

Likewise I know a couple of people who have lost people to Covid , but for the most part its just been illness and recovered. 

@scottishguy as GinRummy says hope you feel better soon

Cheers guys, appreciated, but feel like I'm getting worse, rather better. Just have put up with it though👍

Weakened Offender
27 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Just because they would make an arse of it doesn't make Nicola look any better. Her handling of this pandemic has lurched from shambles to shambles and you could say the same for the UK govt. Wouldn't vote for any of them.

I don't think you should be allowed to vote in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Cheers guys, appreciated, but feel like I'm getting worse, rather better. Just have put up with it though👍

Bottle of night nurse and some Gatorade you'll be fine.

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

I know a few folk in their 50s who have had it, felt a bit better and then had a few days feeling rough as **** before recovering . Hope you're OK pal. 

59 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You said science is driving the decision for tiers when it clearly is not as Edinburgh remains in Tier 3. You are constantly falling over yourself to defend the SG.

An SG BOT in my opinion 

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. ! Like i have already said before I am more and more concerned about the impact of lockdown and tier measures on the general public in so many ways, which dont need evidenced.  Also I have had my own personal experience in the last few months of the effects of Covid in relation to treatment with the NHS.  If you have had any personal experiences re the impact of the Covid measures you might feel similar. Its can be our personal experiences which can make us view things differently through time. I was very supportive of the initial lockdown as you may note but since July time the SG have been in turmoil with their contradictory policies regarding covid. They claim to be " following the science".   A case in point last week when they changed the goal posts regarding Edinburgh and its tier and many other issues. I hope that answers your question and my head is very still now. :) 

There he is...the poster who was a breath of fresh air...not using lazy referencing (ie cults)

I fully understand your concerns, I've not had a face to face with by daughter or my brother (who's wife is undergoing cancer treatment) since March as they are in Edinburgh and I'm in Fife , me and my sister have been able to meet up as we are both over here. 

The point you make about them claiming to follow the science, means less to me, I am doing what I think feels right which involves me being responsible for my own actions.

For example a vocal anti any restriction poster on here, lets call him Garfield, claims not to wear a face covering as he struggles with it, this is bull shite, unless he has an underlying health condition - which I don't think he has detailed - I struggle with coverings as I have sinus issues but I still wear the mask!

Apologies (to you and Garfield who always puts his points across in a reasoned manner) I'm now rambling...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good leaders should want to be in control in times like these. Compare that to the shitshow down south and the utter clown in charge. The usual cretins on this embarrassment of a thread are very quick to avoid discussing that nonsense. 

Of course compared to these idiots at Westminster she’s done great, it’s why her ratings are high. But it’s not a high bar to set, her natural caution and controlling nature is wearing a little bit thin with those inside and outside the party. She needs a break, unlike BJ she hasn’t had a holiday this year never mind four, her lack of patience when being asked perfectly acceptable questions on Edinburgh ( she apologised for being grumpy) shows this. The reasons for Edinburgh being in tier 3 compared to other areas dropping tiers or not going up don’t really stand up to scrutiny. 
Add in the Salmond case not going away, Brexit and an election coming up she’s every right to be knackered. 

10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

There he is...the poster who was a breath of fresh air...not using lazy referencing (ie cults)

I fully understand your concerns, I've not had a face to face with by daughter or my brother (who's wife is undergoing cancer treatment) since March as they are in Edinburgh and I'm in Fife , me and my sister have been able to meet up as we are both over here. 

The point you make about them claiming to follow the science, means less to me, I am doing what I think feels right which involves me being responsible for my own actions.

For example a vocal anti any restriction poster on here, lets call him Garfield, claims not to wear a face covering as he struggles with it, this is bull shite, unless he has an underlying health condition - which I don't think he has detailed - I struggle with coverings as I have sinus issues but I still wear the mask!

Apologies (to you and Garfield who always puts his points across in a reasoned manner) I'm now rambling...

Thanks for that measured and empathetic reply. Cheers. 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say she didn’t just that she needs a break,I think they should all have a turn at least once a week. Leitch certainly gives her a breather as he likes to talk. 

I wasn't disagreeing with you just stating the obvious that she is in her element doing these briefings. Has to be a reason why she doesn't let others take a turn.

13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just as an aside. I have put a formal complaint into the NHS and my local MSP is onboard with it and raising it with the SG.  

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Getting a bit fed up with all the bitching about Edinburgh and Tier 3.

Its fecking obvious why the SG don't want to have a major city in a lower tier.  Idiots will travel just to get a pint. I expect the pubs in the borders to prove that point this weekend. 

So why put it down then? Because the cases are low enough? 

CavySlaveJambo
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ffs.  I didn't say I do not accept other sources and have not dismissed them.  The information shown in the source you cited and the point I am making regarding your accompanying idea are two entirely separate things.  

Asymptomatic infections is an accepted thing.  I'm saying that it is overwhelmingly likely that the RATE of asymptomatic infections is a fixed rate.  When prevalence was very low in the summer then asymptomatic prevalence was correspondingly very low. 

Ok?

Sorry I was misunderstanding you. No surprise there (at least for me) 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you just stating the obvious that she is in her element doing these briefings. Has to be a reason why she doesn't let others take a turn.

Could be, she is the leader so the buck does stop with her and she likes to be in control. I hadn’t noticed before how many times she says “I decided” on issues that were supposedly discussed by all those responsible. She makes the decisions, she stands or falls by them. BJ and his corrupt pals don’t. 

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course compared to these idiots at Westminster she’s done great, it’s why her ratings are high. But it’s not a high bar to set, her natural caution and controlling nature is wearing a little bit thin with those inside and outside the party. She needs a break, unlike BJ she hasn’t had a holiday this year never mind four, her lack of patience when being asked perfectly acceptable questions on Edinburgh ( she apologised for being grumpy) shows this. The reasons for Edinburgh being in tier 3 compared to other areas dropping tiers or not going up don’t really stand up to scrutiny. 
Add in the Salmond case not going away, Brexit and an election coming up she’s every right to be knackered. 

I'm disappointed she apologised for being grumpy tbh. Some of the filth she's had thrown at her in the past 9 months is cringeworthy. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Getting a bit fed up with all the bitching about Edinburgh and Tier 3.

Its fecking obvious why the SG don't want to have a major city in a lower tier.  Idiots will travel just to get a pint. I expect the pubs in the borders to prove that point this weekend. 

So the capital is being punished because of idiots from another Tier might travel to Edinburgh.

Sounds fair.

:rofl:

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for that measured and empathetic reply. Cheers. 

Dude(!) we are, at the end of the day, all in this together and are all, hopefully, being sensible in our day to day actions...

With a fair wind, surely, we will begin to see an end to this in the coming months and Tynecastle will soon enough hear the roar of our Booing!! :) 

Stay safe!

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

So the capital is being punished because of idiots from another Tier might travel to Edinburgh.

Sounds fair.

:rofl:

Perfectly true as witnessed by the numbers on trains arriving from Glasgow last Sunday to do Christmas shopping. I expect more of the same this Sunday during my 9am-5pm shift at the station.

Brighton Jambo
59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Well if factions in the party want her out then they better be quick. 

The Scottish Elections are only 5 months away. 

Like her or not she has a lot of public support I don't believe any of her detractors have that kind of support. 

And don't get me started on Salmond or MacAskill. 

I don’t like her but I grudgingly respect her.  She is a very capable politician and I find it bizarre that there are any factions moving against her.  It feels like the only thing that can derail the SNP and Indy movement are the SNP themselves . 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm disappointed she apologised for being grumpy tbh. Some of the filth she's had thrown at her in the past 9 months is cringeworthy. 

She gets it on a daily basis, I think she did it because unlike other times when the questions are so amateur this one was well worth asking. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t like her but I grudgingly respect her.  She is a very capable politician and I find it bizarre that there are any factions moving against her.  It feels like the only thing that can derail the SNP and Indy movement are the SNP themselves . 

No such thing as a capable politician in my book

This pandemic is proving that

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Perfectly true as witnessed by the numbers on trains arriving from Glasgow last Sunday to do Christmas shopping. I expect more of the same this Sunday during my 9am-5pm shift at the station.

Their shops are open now, I thought folk were being asked why they were travelling in Glasgow train stations? 

40 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Bottle of night nurse and some Gatorade you'll be fine.

If only bud.

39 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I know a few folk in their 50s who have had it, felt a bit better and then had a few days feeling rough as **** before recovering . Hope you're OK pal. 

Exactly the same as I'm going through too mate.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is nothing about any of this that is fair. It’s a ****ing shut fest for everyone. Edinburgh should be in Tier 2, the fact the SG didn’t is no surprise if you looked at the decision making on tiers previously. It has nothing to do with NS being from the West. 

Farcical.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She gets it on a daily basis, I think she did it because unlike other times when the questions are so amateur this one was well worth asking. 

I'm sure it was. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Dude(!) we are, at the end of the day, all in this together and are all, hopefully, being sensible in our day to day actions...

With a fair wind, surely, we will begin to see an end to this in the coming months and Tynecastle will soon enough hear the roar of our Booing!! :) 

Stay safe!

Can’t wait to boo some of these useless ***** 😆

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Their shops are open now, I thought folk were being asked why they were travelling in Glasgow train stations? 

Would appear that the police are ignoring it.

What a surprise.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You just cant ask everyone. On a Sunday these trains stop at Croy, Falkirk High, Polmont(not manned on a Sunday), and Linlithgow.

16 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Stay safe!

You too :) 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You just cant ask everyone. On a Sunday these trains stop at Croy, Falkirk High, Polmont(not manned on a Sunday), and Linlithgow.

Fair enough. Just saw a wee bit on the news. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Edinburgh still on Tier3.

It's frustrating but not farcical. It's obvious what would happen. To suggest it's because Nicola has an issue with Edinburgh is farcical and ****wittted. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would appear that the police are ignoring it.

What a surprise.

They really are hopeless, 3 arrests out of the hundreds of Celtic fans illegally protesting last week. Not actually applying the laws made by the people who decide these things, a bit like refs who think it’s up to them. I had to turn over today when the head guy was droning on and the FM thanked them for eh . . ah . . doing their job 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's frustrating but not farcical. It's obvious what would happen. To suggest it's because Nicola has an issue with Edinburgh is farcical and ****wittted. 

I’m certainly not suggesting she has an issue with Edinburgh.

It certainly wouldn’t do her political career if that was the case.

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Without getting into more arguments doesn't that happen every year? I know loads go to Glasgow to Xmas shop? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Without getting into more arguments doesn't that happen every year? I know loads go to Glasgow to Xmas shop? 

Yes it does. The shops until very recently were closed in Glasgow.

Looking forward to the socialising and mixing over the Christmas relaxation of the rules. It's been an awful year so going maximise the few days of a break from it 👌👍

Work has been crazy busy so a bit of down time is much needed.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They really are hopeless, 3 arrests out of the hundreds of Celtic fans illegally protesting last week. Not actually applying the laws made by the people who decide these things, a bit like refs who think it’s up to them. I had to turn over today when the head guy was droning on and the FM thanked them for eh . . ah . . doing their job 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

Really pissed of with it all.

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m certainly not suggesting she has an issue with Edinburgh.

It certainly wouldn’t do her political career if that was the case.

Definitely wasn't accusing you of that pal. 

28 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Not the thread for it, however - there are plenty that feel she is more interested in being FM and the Government than in Independence. 

Is there? 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Definitely wasn't accusing you of that pal. 

I know.

I should’ve worded it better.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol: 

The manager will also be offered the advice to “getting a ****ing haircut”, coming through here spreading the virus and keeping us in tier 3 😱😜

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I'll be very surprised if people from Glasgow travel through to Edinburgh in large numbers to shop. Glasgow is head and shoulders above Edinburgh for shopping. They maybe come through for the Xmas Market and the shows but not the shopping. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is there? 

There has been for 6 years, and a suspicion losing it last time wasn’t exactly the worst thing that happened to a party who should fall away after Independence.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic