Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well you would say that wouldn't you....not at all surprised...

I would indeed say that,  wouldn't I?  Only because that's how I see it playing out.  

The majority will increase because more people will relax as time goes on to the spring,  more and more people get their immunisations,  epidemic numbers stabilise and reduce (hopefully) and plans are made towards rolling back restrictions (which will be staged).  

Who's right and who's wrong will be irrelevant.  It will be largely irrelevant whether the government got things right.  All that will matter to people will be a better looking future.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Its not really about that isnt it.  He wants to celebrate his 40th birthday on the actual day of his birthday . Thats perfectly reasonable.  That moment will be lost for him and his Mrs.  There have been so many of those moments lost in the last 9 months.  

I appreciate that, James, but folk are dying and getting ill. We have to make sacrifices so that we can get out of this sooner rather than later. It's a complete fecker, but that's how it is. I sincerely hope that it isn't too long before BJ and his missus are able to have their delayed birthday meal and drink, and I wish them all the well for it.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He has absolutely no sympathy of empathy with anyone who has been affected by the restrictions and furlough. He would happily have us on full lockdown until March/ April. No wonder he appears to get abuse at work if he is anything like his Jambos kickback persona.  

You know the square root of **** all about what my sympathy or empathy.  In reality I have a lot of both for the people badly affected.

From this point onwards,  I will decide if I have sympathy for people.  Not you.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Knew nobody in the first wave but know a few now. Thankfully all been fine. 

@scottishguy hope you feel better soon. 

Likewise I know a couple of people who have lost people to Covid , but for the most part its just been illness and recovered. 

@scottishguy as GinRummy says hope you feel better soon

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I appreciate that, James, but folk are dying and getting ill. We have to make sacrifices so that we can get out of this sooner rather than later. It's a complete fecker, but that's how it is. I sincerely hope that it isn't too long before BJ and his missus are able to have their delayed birthday meal and drink, and I wish them all the well for it.

Thanks!  Though if I don’t learn to chill out about this whole situation more I won’t have a wife to have a drink with!! 

p.s.  I mean she will leave me rather than anything more sinister...

16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Don’t give me your sarcastic sh@te.  I have no problem making sacrifices as like all people I have done all year.  My point is why I can have meal in a restaurant in the hotel with my wife but due to some arbitrary tiers I can have a glass of wine with it one day and not the next.  It’s absolute nonsense and that’s what I am complaining about not making sacrifices.  The tier system is a shambles. 

Exactly. The next time a politician states that they are "saving lives" , "protecting the NHS" or the equally nonsensical "keeping people safe", they need to be asked what feckin difference, in a restaurant with exactly the same people, what feckin difference it would make if there is a bottle of wine on each table or whether they leave at 6pm or 8pm. It's complete and utter nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It kind of annoys me that folk like you and several others on this thread seem to think you have the only opinions that matter. That you are some sort of moral superior because you support the government’s policies.  

People have the right to feel aggrieved and complain. Surely a moral superior like yourself will surely understand that it acts as an outlet and helps folk get on in these gruelling times. Maybe instead of being a condescending prick you could try and be a bit more understanding. 

Totally out of order.  You have a different opinion to the guy but the abuse is not necessary.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks!  Though if I don’t learn to chill out about this whole situation more I won’t have a wife to have a drink with!! 

p.s.  I mean she will leave me rather than anything more sinister...

:D

You should be ok - with all these restrictions, she can't actually go anywhere. ;) Happy birthday when it comes! :toasting: and sorry for coming over as a bit preachy Nelly. It's a pretty stressful time for us all, and we all want it just to end despite reacting to it in different ways.

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It will be a moot point soon enough.  You'll see it play out.  The narrative will become more dominated by a sense of the end being near and a finsl push towards it.  

The danger is that people sense the end is near and just say feck it and take more chances

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D

You should be ok - with all these restrictions, she can't actually go anywhere. ;) Happy birthday when it comes! :toasting: and sorry for coming over as a bit preachy Nelly. It's a pretty stressful time for us all, and we all want it just to end despite reacting to it in different ways.

Thanks and no worries at all mate I was a bit touchy as well.  As you say we can all agree that we all just want this to be over as soon as possible.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, Norm said:

To counter that, I have kids and I, and all the people I know with kids, haven't had a positive case in our house. 

Same here. There has been 5 positive cases in Craigmount High school since they went back in August

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

The danger is that people sense the end is near and just say feck it and take more chances

Some will,  but surely only people who have a limited grasp of it.  Anyone who has paid enough attention to all of the implications of this event will know that chances can't be taken on the prospectus of a vaccine they haven't had yet.  I reckon more people will see the light at the end of the tunnel and accept the final period of time of restrictions.

husref musemic
36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I know. It's truly awful that we are being forced to make sacrifices in order to try to suppress this deadly virus.

Sturgeon 101.

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That is guaranteed to happen, imo.

Brighton Jambo

On a separate note do you know what’s weird.  We are living through what will almost certainly be one of, if not THE, defining period* of any of our lives.  We will be reflecting on this and talking about this time for as long as any of us are around.  How strange it will be looking back on it all when life is fully back to normal.  Because we are still going through it I don’t think any of us will fully understand the magnitude of it all till it’s all over.  

*unless aliens invade anytime soon which to be honest given this year should not be ruled out.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

On a separate note do you know what’s weird.  We are living through what will almost certainly be one of, if not THE, defining period* of any of our lives.  We will be reflecting on this and talking about this time for as long as any of us are around.  How strange it will be looking back on it all when life is fully back to normal.  Because we are still going through it I don’t think any of will fully understand the magnitude of it all till it’s all over.  

*unless aliens invade anytime soon which to be honest given this year should not be ruled out.  

That's what the vaccine microchips are for.  To process all of that for us.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

That's what the vaccine microchips are for.  To process all of that for us.

I *knew* that this was all a prelude for an alien invasion. The thing I don't understand though is: where does Brexit fit into all this? ;)

Anyway in some more light hearted news , music will now be allowed in

pubs from December 14th “ at acceptable levels “ - that’s the pubs which are opened 

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

On a separate note do you know what’s weird.  We are living through what will almost certainly be one of, if not THE, defining period* of any of our lives.  We will be reflecting on this and talking about this time for as long as any of us are around.  How strange it will be looking back on it all when life is fully back to normal.  Because we are still going through it I don’t think any of us will fully understand the magnitude of it all till it’s all over.  

Very true - we will be saying things like ‘Do you remember when you could buy a bike but couldn’t get a haircut?’

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

image.jpeg.c4523cdf66ac37cc78f9b7b7e81fa214.jpeg

I like bears , they wait til army cutworm moths eat loads n get fat (72% bf) for their winter migration then devour them in their thousands before they can migrate. 

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

On a separate note do you know what’s weird.  We are living through what will almost certainly be one of, if not THE, defining period* of any of our lives.  We will be reflecting on this and talking about this time for as long as any of us are around.  How strange it will be looking back on it all when life is fully back to normal.  Because we are still going through it I don’t think any of will fully understand the magnitude of it all till it’s all over.  

To reply a second time..

Hopefully this will herald a brand new zeitgeist of much more widespread contentment.  It definitely will but not likely to sustain for very long.

Just imagine the future of this shite being a bad memory.  The freedom to go about our previous lives with pretty much minimal thought about CV.  Chris Witty maintains it will still represent some level of risk but hopefully nothing of any significance.

Imagine summer 2021 being very close to summer 2019.  Just imagine how contented people will be.  Or should be.

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Very true - we will be saying things like ‘Do you remember when you could buy a bike but couldn’t get a haircut?’

Or when you phoned the dentist and they advised you how to fill your own tooth at home (that happened to me earlier this year).

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What do you mean this year? Cummings , Johnson , Patel and JRM , they are clearly already amongst us.....😏

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I *knew* that this was all a prelude for an alien invasion. The thing I don't understand though is: where does Brexit fit into all this? ;)

The aliens are needed to 'man' all the container ports to process all the paperwork.  

Just now, Victorian said:

The aliens are needed to 'man' all the container ports to process all the paperwork.  

Decidely non-inclusive 😇

Just now, Victorian said:

:rofl:So Boris and cohorts invited the aliens to invade Earth in order to help make Brexit a success, because there's no way it could be otherwise, and then Covid was introduced in order to allow the administering of microchips so that we would all accept the invasion. Now it all makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:rofl:So Boris and cohorts invited the aliens to invade Earth in order to help make Brexit a success, because there's no way it could be otherwise, and then Covid was introduced in order to allow the administering of microchips so that we would all accept the invasion. Now it all makes perfect sense.

Everything would be settled but unfortunately China decided to 'mine' the moon for the next pandemic pathogen.  They'll be seeding it out in the summer I hear.  

Weakened Offender
45 minutes ago, sadj said:

The Cult O’ Scotland , pay yer poonderooni’s and join us on spaceship Scotland as we prepare to escape the apocalypse of a Tory government 😇

In.. 😎

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

pubs from December 14th “ at acceptable levels “ - that’s the pubs which are opened 

Whoopee doo!

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

To this day i still do not know one person who has had Covid. Pretty strange.

I know two. Neither had a positive test although one later tested positive for antibodies. And is still ill now. 

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you are in your Christmas bubble at someone else’s house you aren’t allowed to go out anyway. 

Don’t worry!  My parents are collecting the children the day before straight from school so we won’t see them (childcare for 22nd as we are working)  My wife and I were then going to drive straight to the hotel for the meal on 23rd and and stay over before heading down to my parents on 24th who we wouldn’t have formed a bubble with yet.  

All above board governor! 

Heartsmad1874

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Don’t worry!  My parents are collecting the children the day before straight from school so we won’t see them (childcare for 22nd as we are working)  My wife and I were then going to drive straight to the hotel for the meal on 23rd and and stay over before heading down to my parents on 24th who we wouldn’t have formed a bubble with yet.  

All above board governor! 

Crazy having to justify such normal actions :lol: 

Toxteth O'Grady
35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Or when you phoned the dentist and they advised you how to fill your own tooth at home (that happened to me earlier this year).

I was at the pharmacy and noticed diy temporary fillings kits

26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whoopee doo!

It’s a start on the road to drunken normality 😀 well public drunken normality 

manaliveits105

pubs from December 14th “ at acceptable levels “ - that’s the pubs which are opened 

but it must be Corries music 

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

pubs from December 14th “ at acceptable levels “ - that’s the pubs which are opened 

but it must be Corries music 

Oh no thanks 🥶

The dentist on Telly earlier expressing concerns that Glasgow shops will

be rammed the next couple weekends now they are opened up ! You really couldn’t make it up ! 

CavySlaveJambo
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

be rammed the next couple weekends now they are opened up ! You really couldn’t make it up ! 

The shops that are opened in Midlothian are really busy now.  Why do you think I am questioning how busy they are given the local population not being that high. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Proclaimers and radio Scotland only 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If it turned out BJ (not the birthday boy) was an alien we would look at each other in a socially distanced manner and say “ ah that makes sense” 😆

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Proclaimers and radio Scotland only 

I have Kerrang or Classic FM on just now just for shits n giggles, we are not supposed to have music on at anytime 😱😆

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe they should’ve kept them in the higher tier just in case 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

CavySlaveJambo

If there needs to be a tier system, do you think Public Health Scotland should be in charge of deciding the tiers everyone is in, alongside local public health, instead of the Government? 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The shops that are opened in Midlothian are really busy now.  Why do you think I am questioning how busy they are given the local population not being that high. 

Where do you reckon folk are coming from?
I was in Ocean Terminal last Friday and there were less folk than the Hibs end at Hampden at 4:45pm on 19/5/12 🤷🏾‍♂️?!?!

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe they should’ve kept them in the higher tier just in case 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

Please don’t encourage some posters on this ! 😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Please don’t encourage some posters on this ! 😂

You started it mentioning Sturgeons Surgeon 😜

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic